Author Topic: The Aurora Legacy - chapter 25. Moving in, moving out, moving on...  (Read 41159 times)

Offline Devin

• Occult
Re: The Aurora Legacy - chapter 24. A prospect?
« Reply #135 on: October 12, 2014, 04:23:52 PM »
I didn't even know that this was a bug! I've not seen it with (most of) my male sims born in-game, but I have seen an effect on my females. It's minimal, which may explain why other people aren't seeing it, but their faces are longer (back to front, not top to chin) as teens and adults than they are as young adults. It doesn't bother me because it's not noticeable from the front, but if you go into CAS and you tweak a female sim who was born in game, this will affect her as well.

I have noticed that the game mostly randomizes sims with small eyes and wide jaws, as well as wide, flat mouths. It's irritating trying to find attractive legacy spouses as a result of this, and I've taken to using #legacyloves as much as possible, since the aesthetic does bother me.

Looking at him now, Casey (from my Drake Legacy) clearly has this problem. Neither of his parents have these eyes.

Does anybody know if EA is working on fixing this one? I can see how it would hold you up on continuing your legacy when your kids all show up looking alike (or with increasingly small eyes that will possibly affect the females in time).

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #136 on: October 12, 2014, 04:34:39 PM »
I didn't even know that this was a bug! I've not seen it with (most of) my male sims born in-game, but I have seen an effect on my females. It's minimal, which may explain why other people aren't seeing it, but their faces are longer (back to front, not top to chin) as teens and adults than they are as young adults. It doesn't bother me because it's not noticeable from the front, but if you go into CAS and you tweak a female sim who was born in game, this will affect her as well.

I have noticed that the game mostly randomizes sims with small eyes and wide jaws, as well as wide, flat mouths. It's irritating trying to find attractive legacy spouses as a result of this, and I've taken to using #legacyloves as much as possible, since the aesthetic does bother me.

Looking at him now, Casey (from my Drake Legacy) clearly has this problem. Neither of his parents have these eyes.

Does anybody know if EA is working on fixing this one? I can see how it would hold you up on continuing your legacy when your kids all show up looking alike (or with increasingly small eyes that will possibly affect the females in time).

You are right, he definitely shows those features, now that we know what to look for. I also go outside of the in-game randomized sims to find spouses. I do hope it won't be a necessity in the future though.

Now that I think about it the one teen friend who stayed in town (Cory) aged up with this exact features and that's the main reason I disqualified him for a possible spouse...

SimGuruLyndsay wrote: »
Hey folks - wanted to jump in with an update. It turns out we did make some changes to the sculpt modifiers translation between genders BUT it looks like it had an unintentional impact on age changes!! So - we have a fix that we'll get to you as soon as we can. Your details and pictures were really helpful! While you should see some change as Sims age it was not intended to be so dramatic or unpredictable.

This is what I have found out about their working on the problem. I don't know when a fix will come, but I hope soon.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #137 on: October 13, 2014, 01:52:25 PM »
The bug is really annoying and I'm dreading my gen 3 boys aging!  :( I've actually slowed down how much I play hoping that the fix is on it's way.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #138 on: October 13, 2014, 04:03:50 PM »
The bug is really annoying and I'm dreading my gen 3 boys aging!  :( I've actually slowed down how much I play hoping that the fix is on it's way.

Know just what you mean. Instead I brows cc sites...I guess my sims will be well dressed at least ;)

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #139 on: October 16, 2014, 05:41:21 AM »
I was so far behind that was a ton to read but I enjoyed every minute. You're really good at letting the different personalities shine when your writing. I haven't discovered this bug yet but I am still early in my legacy challenge with only 1 child. I hope the fix comes out soon for everyones sake.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #140 on: October 19, 2014, 08:39:52 AM »
Am hoping a fix for this bug comes soon as I have been away and come back eager to catch up on all my favourite stories and this bug has appeared!! Fingers crossed Saltpastillen - I really do love this family

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #141 on: October 23, 2014, 03:16:35 PM »
25. Moving in, moving out, moving on...

Yvonne: ...and then the alien will eat you!

Mom and Yvonne have a lot of things to talk about lately. I think mom relishes someone who has just as active imagination as dad had- and she also knows that Lucas and Mika are planning to leave soon. I just hope she won't expect me to procreate straight away...because frankly, I don't think I'm ready for kids just yet.

Mom has also been spending a lot of time in the observatory gathering space prints for our collection. It gives her something to do that will keep her out of the way (and out of the fridge). All the duplicates are nice too, and collecting them makes her happier than creating video games. I think the career she chose wasn't right for her in the long run, but it is very profitable so it was certainly a great choice for a founder.

Mika is still as addicted as ever to the tablet. Mom says she'll have to leave it here when she moves - or she'll never get anything done at the new house!

I was so torn about what to think about a future partner - but when Cannon showed up out of the blue again (he's the only one except Cory who does that of the guys I've met so far) I took the plunge and asked him to move in. Just as a friend mind you - I think we need to get to know each other a bit more before trying something romantic again.

What would you know - as soon as Cannon had accepted Cory shows up! It was kind of awkward - I pretended I didn't see him through the doors - eventually he went away. I know it was badly done of me, but I couldn't face his disappointed face. Is it my fault that he is more attracted to me than I am to him? I don't think so...

Jeanette aged up gloomy, or at least that's how she looked because she was about to starve to death. Luckily we have cake (don't we always) so she lives to mope another day. She looks very much like her sister, only she has Lucas light skin color and Mika's hair color.

Despite Yvonne's initial rejection of her new sibling, the girls became fast friends once Jeanette was old enough to play with her.

Jeanette has the dubious pleasure of trying to complete the rambunctious scamp aspiration while being saddled with the lazy trait. Also, another hurdle is her having to rely on Lucas and Mika to set fire on her behind - since they are moving out. Even so, she made a great start on the monkey bars and soon gained to levels of the motor skill.

Cannon took to life in Brycen Mannor like a log on fire. He's childish and found great joy and contentment playing with the doll house.

Cannon:*Playing with the doll he's named Britta* Yes my darling Cannon I will marry you...

Cannon has the angler aspiration, and since the family only boasts of one mounted perch at this point, this is great for the family collection! He's only been fishing close to the house so far, but is already increasing in skill fast.

Then the day we had all been waiting for arrived. Yvonne had her teen birthday.

Her face is remarcably similar to her mothers and she's such a cutie! She's also rather hefty - but hey - that runs in the family... She's a bro who wishes for a big happy family.

Midst all the celebration there were also tears, Lucas told mom they were moving out. They said goodbye and I know both of them were fighting off tears. This really was a step towards moving on with this legacy.

Good bye Lucas, Mika, Yvonne and Jeanette. You will be missed, and I hope we still see each other (not just around the holidays either!).

The house is rather empty now, but soon Melker's darling Jasmine will move in and they will get started on those grandkids. I will work on my career and the relationship with Cannon and mom will be out in the backyard in her beloved observatory.

Life would be pretty idyllic if it weren't for the senior citizens creeping around outside in the dark. This time it was Malcolm Landgraab who walked around the house stopping and trying to peek into windows. Who knows who'll be next?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Aurora Legacy - chapter 25. Moving in, moving out, moving on...
« Reply #142 on: October 23, 2014, 05:36:32 PM »
Good to see the story going on.
The girls are beautiful, and if Britta does not get to be the girlfriend of Connor soon, then I will, he is lovely!

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #143 on: October 23, 2014, 10:44:01 PM »
Bye Lucas and family! That was a great update - so glad to hear about the Aurora family again  ;D

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #144 on: October 24, 2014, 04:13:57 PM »
I hate goodbyes, but great to see things happening.  :) Cannon with Cory at the door... awkward for sure! lol
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #145 on: November 01, 2014, 08:04:53 AM »
Nice to see an update form you!

Good luck with rambunctious scamp aspiration with a lazy sim :) ! And such a hunky guy as Cannon playing with dolls - so funny.

Offline Fashionsimm

• Llama Wrangler
  • Billion Dollar Baby
« Reply #146 on: November 25, 2014, 03:41:42 PM »
Loving this so far! I'll miss Lucas and his family but I'm sure they could always visit  :)
Bl♡e Haired Diva
-------------------
Wang Legacy Challenge
Must haves (TS4):Vampires, City Living

tweeker123

« Reply #147 on: February 26, 2015, 08:18:50 PM »
Where is the story? I miss the family.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #148 on: May 07, 2015, 06:16:48 PM »
Sorry for disappearing so suddenly. I had to unexpectedly move country due to a job offer so I had to leave my computer at home.

Could a moderator please move this to the grave yard, hopefully I can resurrect it once I'm back home, but I don't want it clogging up the board in the meantime.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #149 on: November 09, 2015, 06:56:08 PM »
I'm moving this to the graveyard at the author's request.

anything