Author Topic: The Blue Legacy - Chapter 16 (09.11.2014)  (Read 26336 times)

Offline Tipi

• Occult
Re: The Blue Legacy - Chapter 3 (17.09.2014)
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2014, 03:57:07 PM »
Chapter 4: The Birthday with a capital b

It's time for a triple birthday in the Blue family: Pelham will become elder, Celia adult and Alena teen.

Celia bakes a chocolate cake for the birthday. She seems very confident although this is the first cake she ever has made.

The delicious smell of the cake attracted Alena into the kitchen. She wants to lick the bowl.

The guests start arriving and our family changes into party clothes. I had never planned Pelham's outfits, so I was a bit surprised by his choice of attire. Combining a cardigan, chinos and cowboy boots is not festive IMO.

It felt right that the founder of my legacy was the first to blow out the candles, so Celia went first.

Anaya is blowing a fanfare for her mother with a huge horn. And I think the sound startled Alexander Goth (in the foreground wearing sunglasses).

Oh la la, she got her slender figure back. Unfortunately the effect was only temporary and her muscles came back soon.

Let's make a toast to my adult founder Celia!

Next it was Pelham's turn. He shared the cake with Celia - it was possible to put new candles on when no one cut the cake. The caterer was blowing the horn for him. I don't think she did much more than that during the party. She certainly did not cook anything. The service folks are useless in my game.

Pelham seems very happy to grow older. And he still looks very hansome.

Alena got her own white chocolate cake.

During her childhood years she unfortunately did not reach her child aspiration and managed only to earn B at school . (It took me too long to figure out how to do extra credit homework. I was waiting for her to get a extra book from school like in Sims 3.) I hope Azure does better now that I am slowly learning the new game.

"I look like an adult! Did I skip teenhood altogether?"

Her new trait is Bookworm and adult aspiration: Angling Ace.

Then she spotted this cute teen guy - Alexander - and spent rest of the evening chatting with him.

Anaya is trying to become friends with Alex Tan. She needs to have three child friends towards her aspiration, but there are only two townie children left in my game. (This was before Pinstar revised the rules and allowed the use of gallery sims as townie material.)

Alex can levitate.

The other townie kid, Melvin Kenny, was also invited to the party. Both Alex and Melvin are possible spouses for Anaya, if they stay around in the hood long enough.

The party inspired Pelham to paint his first masterpiece. He sold it directly to the art gallery for over 1000 simoleans. The family is in dire need of money.

Azure has not gotten much face time in this chapter, but here he is, working on his motor skill in his party wear.

The party was my first Gold Medal Party! I think having three sims blow out the candles helped to get the high score.

And finally, this is Alena after her makeover. I tried to make her look more like a teenager, but unfortunately she still looks grown-up to me.

Offline Devin

• Occult
Re: The Blue Legacy - Chapter 4 (18.09.2014)
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2014, 06:40:47 PM »
I wish the teenagers looked a bit more like teenagers instead of like grownups, but my husband says that's the way that the real world works, so maybe that's why the Devs worked it out that way.

She's pretty though!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2014, 11:09:21 PM »
Yes, your husband is right in that teens don't really look much different than adults, but IRL you mostly can tell them apart. In the game you really can't do that just by looking at them.

And thanks, I really like how Alena turned out. As kid she looked pretty generic, but now she has her own look.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2014, 03:59:55 AM »
Chapter 5: Raise Your Glass

Is there a better way to start a day than with some Silly Gummy Bear Pancakes!

Celia told some jokes to this sleepwalker - she's going to the library at night in her nightgown! - and completed her aspiration. She became a Joke Star, woot woot!

With one aspiration out of the way, Celia now decided she wanted to become a Bestselling Writer. She could write comic novels and screenplays thus making use of her maxed comedy skill. She also got a job as Writer's assistant.

Celia and Pelham are still very much in love and take care of their relationship on a regular basis. This is so embarrassing! Alena came in and caught her parents doing just that. I really have to expand the house and give them a separate bedroom.

The maids won't wash the dishes neither do Celia and Pelham, but this is the a proof that the sinks are not bugged as I suspected. I am pretty sure that Azure has secret Neat trait.

Happy Birthday, Anaya Blue! She gets a hug from her father with handsome young men waiting on his heels.

Sims look so cute when blowing out the candles.

And we have... a middle-aged school teacher!

Anaya did not complete her child aspiration (Social Butterfly). Maybe that made her mad because she now wants to be Public Enemy. She is now Slob like her father and Outgoing like her mother. And even looks-wise she is a nice mix of her parent's genetics but for the hair.

Anaya started working on her aspiration right away and performed some of her required twenty-five mean acts on this poor guy.

Alena has her eyes on Alexander Goth. Because they both are bookworms they had lots to talk about. Alena only needed to do a sexy pose to show off her ample booty and they became romantic.

Anaya works hard towards her aspiration. It was fun to insult ten sims and make make them hate her. Throwing drinks at sims was one of Anaya's favourite mean things to do, but the action went by so fast that I never managed to get a picture of it.

Now also their neighbours, the Spencer-Kim-Lewis family, hate her and Anaya even managed to have a fight with Olivia. Anaya lost the fight and was in a bad mood after that.

Alena has more positive things on her mind. Alexander Goth is now her boyfriend. Look how excited they were when they became an item.

The youngsters sealed the deal with their first sweet kiss.

The legacy house has been expanded to better accommodate a family of five. I have not taken any pictures of the layout - I'll have to remember to do that later.

Time flies and soon it was Azure's teen birthday.

Since the parents were out of sight, Azure seized the opportunity and had some cocktails.

(I squeed when he grew up: those lips and the jewels - delicious!)

Later, when the guests were leaving - including Alexander Goth - Auzre's sisters joined him. Together they raised a toast to teenhood!

I have to say I just LOVE how Azure turned out. His looks, traits and aspiration match so well: his new trait is Materialistic and aspiration Mansion Baron (and no, he did not fulfill his child aspiration) and he had all the jewellery when he grew up. I only had to give him the fancy mustache and posh clothes and he looks like the snob here really is. Did I say I love him :) .

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
Re: The Blue Legacy - Chapter 5 (21.09.2014)
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2014, 07:23:11 AM »
I just love Azure's pencil mustache over that smirk! Long live the heir! 

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2014, 10:00:19 AM »
Anaya may look like a 40 year old school teacher, but at least she's a lovely 40 year old school teacher.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2014, 10:20:33 AM »
Thanks, Ginj and KRae, I am also very happy with how the kids turned out. They all have their own distinctive features and are not clones of their parents.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2014, 12:11:53 PM »
They really did grow up pretty, Tipi!

Those childhood aspirations are murder, too :-/

Offline Slinky

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2014, 06:44:53 PM »
Pretty Awesome family you have there.  I only got one childhood aspiration done, but I was so close with the others it was very upsetting.  The other kids were only half a skill point or less from achieving theirs :(

The red hair is strange.  One of my kids had red hair as a child, but when he aged up to a teen it turned blue like his dad's. 

Offline Lunarpixels

• Alien Babe
  • Immortal
  • he/him
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2014, 07:49:53 PM »
Love the legacy so far! I'll be reading! (btw love the mustache!)

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2014, 04:38:15 AM »
Thanks for all the nice comments :) . I am especially glad to see you approve of the mustache.

Chapter 6: Work, work, work plus a little play

Anaya has enemies all over town, but she does have one friend - Malcom Landgraab. Maybe they feel some connection through him being evil and her wanting to be Publig Enemy. Or maybe she just likes his fancy outfit.

Pelham has advanced on the painter career and now gets to wear dirty clothes for work.

I gave the girls school uniforms. They are mostly miserable when they get home.

But they have to take care of their homework - including potential extra credit homework - before getting to other  more fun, activities. It's nice to see them work so well together.

And hey, they have a dining table now, and a proper kitchen nook.

Alena goes fishing every evening after finishing her homework. There are a couple of fishing spots near her home so she does not have to travel.

Our nerd plays Sims 1 which makes me very nostalgic.

The legacy house has grown some from the humble beginnings: the kitchen nook, a master bedroom and a smaller bedroom for Azure were added earlier. The most recent addition is the artist's studio in the foreground.

Pelham has room for all his career rewards there.

He shares the studio with Celia who gets her creative juices flowing in this inspirational atmosphere.

The studio was financed by the royalties from her numerous books. I think it's ridiculous how much money the writers make. A writer can finish several books in a day and earns large amounts of simoleans in daily royalties. At the moment Celia earns over 2000 simoleans per day.

Spending all day with Pelham has inspired Celia to write Love Poetry. In the evening she recites her poems to him...

... which puts them in the mood. Their romance bar is almost full while the friendship bar is barely half way up. Just goes to show that a dual-career couple with kids to take care of hardly can find time to talk to each other, but still can stay happy together.

Woohoo can be straining for elder  sims and Pelham seem to be feeling it. Or should I just say: "Dun-dun-dun.... "

(And yes, when Pelham and Celia were sleeping, their nightstand mysteriously changed. :) )

Offline arimau

• Eau Lumineuse
  • Occult
  • Time changes people hearts...
    • arimau's Playground
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2014, 02:31:50 PM »
I love the little things that you added into your story and sometimes there are jokes that makes me laughed so hard (just like a middle-age school teacher one, haha). That makes your story has a value and fun to read. I also curious for what would you do with the blue theme. Well, good luck with your Legacy ;)
Arimau's Playground
Life Sounds Like (Complete)
This Is I Promise You: Bad Day

"Whatever you are, be a good one" - Abraham Lincoln -
"Because out of the heart's store come the words of the mouth." - unknown -

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2014, 04:21:25 PM »
Thank you very much for your nice words, arimau. I am glad that you enjoy my ramblings - I don't find myself that funny though :) .

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2014, 03:42:30 PM »
Chapter 7: Goodbyes

One day Pelham came home from work early since he was not feeling well. Once at home, he saw a black cloud approaching the lecacy lot.

The cloud evaporated revealing a hooded figure standing on the pavement.

Pelham's days on sim earth had come to an end.

But Celia did not accept this. She pleaded to the Grimmie for Pelham. Then she stood there holding her breath waiting for the answer as The Reaper studied something on his tablet.

"I am in a good mood so, Pelham, rise and walk!"

Celia thanked the Grim Reaper from the bottom of her heart.

Pelham felt like he was reborn...

... or maybe he just wanted another baby for he took Celia to the bedroom, professed undying love and spent the rest of the afternoon with her in bed.

When the children came home from school they sensed that things were not right.

When Alena a bit later saw her father crawling on the floor, she knew that something definitely was amiss.

The Grim had come again for Pelham only a few hours after his first visit!

He had regretted letting Pelham live and would not be swayed by Celia's pleads anymore.

So as the sun set over Willow Creek and the remains of Pelham Whitmore-Blue...

...we say goodbye to our beloved first legacy spouse.

Everyone was devastated, but no one more so than Azure. He cried true crocodile tears.

Pelham was laid to rest at the back of the legacy lot.

Azure could not focus on his homework. He just stared longingly at his father's empty seat at the end of the dinig table.

That night he cried himself to sleep.