Author Topic: The Wrought of Khan - A Random Town Jump (12/27/2015 completed)  (Read 34842 times)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
The Wrought of Khan - A Random Town Jump (12/27/2015 completed)
« on: October 04, 2015, 11:32:58 AM »
This will, as usual, not be a story so much as a commentary of what’s going on in my game.
I will be following the Random Town Jump rules as devised by @JudesSims. All traits will be random. Lifetime wishes will be chosen from those offered at becoming a young adult. I’ve decided to keep gender random as well. A variation I will be using is to have the next generation born in the old town before moving to keep the child more on a par age-wise with the kids in the new town.
A couple has been chosen to participate in an experiment in genetics. They live in this mid-century modern home in Starlight Shores. The household consists of Mithun Khan, Ariella Chen who is his romantic interest, and Ernesto Gonzalez who is Mithun’s best friend and Ariella’s hated enemy.
First of all, everyone wave goodbye to Ernesto. Among his traits are Mean-Spirited, Mooch, and Childish. May Ariella never have to glare at your face again.

The Khan-Chen’s are house poor. They have $4,700 but their first bills were over $2,000. Time to sell two out of three huge flat-screen  TVs. This is the first floor of their house. I may need to sell the sim-life goggles as well. Upstairs they have another bedroom, an office, and a full bath.

Mithun’s traits are Good Sense of Humor, Workaholic, Good, Athletic, and Childish. He wants to Become a Superstar Athlete. Off to the gym with you then. You’re at a level four in your job, but your athletic skill is really low. You’ve only 17 days until your elder birthday.
Mithun: This is hard!
I know, but when you get promoted, I promise to buy you a toy box.
Mithun: I got this.

Meanwhile, Ariella went to Verde Park on a friend finding mission. Her traits are Flirty, Neat, Good, Easily Impressed, and Charismatic. She wants to be the Leader of the Free World, but is only at level one in her political career and has no skills what so ever. She’s here meeting part of the huge Best clan. The mom’s looking pregnant.

Mrs. Best won’t be the only one. On their first night, Ariella and Mithun heard chimes.

Before long, Ariella went into labor.
Ariella: Must…clean…something.
Just relax. That’s a perfectly normal reaction to labor (well, assuming I’m perfectly normal).

It’s amazing what a little kids’ music can do.

Our first born is Suzie who is Eccentric and Loves the Outdoors. Ah, the mystery blond hair makes an appearance.

Next we have Sherman, Artistic and Brave. Now that’s more what I expected.

Finally, after the twins are toddlers, their parents wished to get married and to get married to each other.

Let the toddler training begin.
Mithun: We’ll have you on the treadmill in no time.

Sherman: Choking hazard, Mom!

Well, I suppose that could have gone better.

Sherman: Someday I want to paint masterpieces.

Suzie: Well, maybe someday they’ll let you have paint.

Back to the park to make friends! This is Old Guy Best. So those were golf clothes! That explains a lot.

We’ll leave you with flirting, Sims-style.
Ariella: Oh Mithun, you’re such a gem.
Mithun: Yes, I am.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
Re: The Wrought of Khan - A Random Town Jump
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 01:19:02 PM »
Cute story... Not getting the "wrought" in the title? Did you maybe mean "wrath" or is there a hidden meaning I'm just too high to figure out right now? Sorry, my sleeping pill is making me a little loopy XD

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 02:39:00 PM »
Wrought was as close as I could get to wrath and still make sense. Something wrought is something created or built. Go sleep or sleep some more. Sleep is a precious thing.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 03:04:40 PM »
Lol yeah that's what I thought! It makes sense in my brain now :-D see, this is why reading stuff when you're high as a kite is not good lol. If I wasn't prone to insomnia I wouldn't touch the stuff with a barge pole!!! Drugs scare me!!
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 07:46:08 PM »
I've been a bad sleeper since I was a little kid, and I'll be sixty-four in 3 weeks, so that's a long time. I don't use prescriptions or over the counter for anything. Taking liquid cal-mag and drinking about 8 oz. of water right before bed seems to help more than anything. That being said, I got about 3 hours of sleep last night. The night before I got 7, so go figure.
I've played the Khans a bit today, but if I try to post anything, it would probably be loopy.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2015, 01:19:13 AM »
This is great! I've bookmarked so I don't miss anything!

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2015, 11:26:05 AM »
@JudesSims , Thank you for the comment and for creating this project. I'm having fun so far.

Ariella:  My skin, it’s wrinkling! … Must flirt with Old Man Best….

Why, when you have this at home?
Mithun: Hey, Babe, can we get a bigger mirror?

Hey, Mithun, you need to interrupt your important flying pony schedule. Your boss wants you to go to China to learn martial arts.

Mithun: It’s great here in China, but why do I keep thinking of party hats?

Mithun (going into the Dragon Cave): Oh, yeah, it’s Suzie’s birthday tomorrow. Maybe I can find something for her in here if I don’t die.
Well, it’s Sherman’s birthday too.

He thoroughly explored the cave, didn’t die, and we had so much fun that I forgot to take pictures. I do that in real life too.

The twins did indeed age up the day after their father returned from his trip.
Suzie’s traits are now Loves the Outdoors, Eccentric, and Good Sense of Humor.

Sherman’s traits are Artistic, Brave, and Vehicle Enthusiast. These kids seem normal, too normal.

The little boy with the expressive face is Johnnie Best. He comes over after school most days to do his homework.

I think he likes it because the Khans feed him and treat him like family. They watch age inappropriate film noir together.
Ariella wants you to notice her new midlife crisis hair. Thank you.

Sherman prefers painting pictures of his mother.

Mithun is an elder now and is very close to completing his lifetime wish. If he would just leave that rocker.

Mithun: Okay, okay, I’m up. A politician’s husband should know how to mix drinks, but that doesn’t mean I’m happy about it.

Ariella went to a party to flirt. She was supposed to be asking for donations.
Ariella: But…wrinkles…must flirt.

And we’ll leave you with what may actually be a less disturbing scene.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2015, 08:46:51 PM »
I've been a bad sleeper since I was a little kid, and I'll be sixty-four in 3 weeks, so that's a long time. I don't use prescriptions or over the counter for anything. Taking liquid cal-mag and drinking about 8 oz. of water right before bed seems to help more than anything. That being said, I got about 3 hours of sleep last night. The night before I got 7, so go figure.
I've played the Khans a bit today, but if I try to post anything, it would probably be loopy.

Glad to know I'm not the only other insomniac with a sims problem out there :)

Loving the new RTJ, KRae! As soon as I finish my Sakura 4x4, I'll probably post my RTJ attempt too.

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2015, 04:13:47 PM »
Mithun's random thoughts make me laugh and I don't know which of the last two shot are more disturbing, really.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2015, 07:25:26 PM »
@Malley , Thanks, if you post it, I will read. I've been reading the wonderful RTJ by @Ausette  and it gave me the extra little push to start my own.
@CeresIn , Mithun's my favorite in the family. They're a bit of a boring lot after the craziness in my legacy. Perhaps I'll get lucky and roll insane or evil.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2015, 10:44:35 PM »
I'm really enjoying this story, KRae! Sorry for lurking so long without telling you. I can't wait to see how the kids (including Johnnie ;) ) look when they grow up. And I'm so excited to hear I inspired you, that's really sweet of you to say! :)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2015, 04:23:16 PM »
@Ausette , Thanks for commenting! Johnnie is around so much, he already seems like family. The only trait revealed so far is great kisser. Hah!

Saturday was busy. Ariella had a campaign fundraiser scheduled and it was the kids’ birthday. They decided to celebrate early.
Suzie’s traits are now Loves the Outdoors, Eccentric, Good Sense of Humor, and Rebellious.

Sherman added Dislikes Children to Artistic, Brave, and Vehicle Enthusiast.

All the Bests were invited to the party. Prom was scheduled for Tuesday, so Suzie wasted no time in asking Johnnie to go with her.

Rita Lu, a homeless townie, came to the party, but Sherman struck out.

Sherman took solace in his birthday present.

Tuesday rolled around and Johnnie, Suzie, and Sherman attended prom together. In this case, what happened at prom stays at prom.

Johnnie continued coming home with the twins to do his homework.

But stuck around for other reasons.

Sherman has had no luck in finding a girl his age. He had a picnic in the park with Mandy and Abigail Best who are young adults. The youngest Best girl, Maria, mysteriously disappeared from town as a toddler. Mandy is a vampire and doesn’t get along well with Sherman, but he and Abigail are friends.

Another Saturday, another fund raiser. Ariella would like to reach the top of her career and achieve her lifetime wish before the family moves town. This was a successful party even though everyone pretty much just stood around while Sherman played his guitar.

Mithun reached his goal of becoming a superstar athlete, and now needs to wear shades indoors.

On her days off, Ariella watches Simfests. It’s a great way to meet new people. She somehow has made 107 friends. How is that even possible?

And the winner is *drum roll please* Javed Meir, werewolf acrobat. No way to beat an act like that.

The next day will be a big one for the Khan family. Ariella will become an elder, the twins will become young adults, and Mithun will be 90. The excitement is so thick, you could cut it with a knife.

One last look at our lovely Ariella before she’s clubbed by the elder stick.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2015, 04:27:24 PM »
If you haven't guessed, Suzie will be the heir. I'm trying to decide if Sherman should bring someone with him to the next town, or find a woman who would be too old for the next heir in the new town.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2015, 08:14:18 PM »
I guess it depends what town you go to, but I think post-move will have more options. Either way, I could see Artistic + Brave being a very popular combination. ;)

Suzie turned out so cute! I love the short hair on her. Can't wait to see the next generation. :D

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2015, 02:25:46 AM »
107 friends??? :o and Suzie is lovely, her features combine well.

anything