Author Topic: The Blue Legacy - Chapter 16 (09.11.2014)  (Read 26347 times)

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Re: The Blue Legacy - Chapter 7 (23.09.2014)
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2014, 03:48:47 PM »
Aw, that sucks that his reprieve didn't even last a full day.  I tried keeping tombstones on my lot and ended up "releasing to the netherworld" because every time a sim in the household cooked (deceased sim was a chef), they'd stop midway through prep and go outside to cry.  It became a problem.

Offline arimau

• Eau Lumineuse
  • Occult
  • Time changes people hearts...
    • arimau's Playground
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2014, 04:06:01 PM »
That was so sad. At least he already fulfilled his last wish before departed again. May you rest in peace, Pelham :(
Arimau's Playground
Life Sounds Like (Complete)
This Is I Promise You: Bad Day

"Whatever you are, be a good one" - Abraham Lincoln -
"Because out of the heart's store come the words of the mouth." - unknown -

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2014, 04:18:43 PM »
Aw, that sucks that his reprieve didn't even last a full day.  I tried keeping tombstones on my lot and ended up "releasing to the netherworld" because every time a sim in the household cooked (deceased sim was a chef), they'd stop midway through prep and go outside to cry.  It became a problem.

So weird, I haven't seen that problem yet - maybe when I get another writer?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2014, 02:46:09 AM »
Only a few more hours, what a meanie Grim is. RIP Pelham.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2014, 04:58:25 AM »
Yes, I was very disappointed that Pelham got only about six more hours to live, but glad that he got to spend it with Celia in the best possible way :) . I did not even have time to check his final stats or use his aspiration points before the Grim came again for him.

I tried keeping tombstones on my lot and ended up "releasing to the netherworld" because every time a sim in the household cooked (deceased sim was a chef), they'd stop midway through prep and go outside to cry.  It became a problem.

I have my sims stop cooking and go mourning, but never realized that it was anything else than being sad for their loss. So that never stopped in your game, Tilia, before releasing the deceased to the netherworld? I was hoping that the behaviour would end with time. And, to me it seems it has nothing to do being a cook. Pelham was not a cook and had only about three points in cooking. By the way, it is only Alena and Azure who are mourning. Celia and Anaya never do that. I wonder why? Celia was definitely the one to have the best relationship with Pelham...

I was thinking of having a family graveyard at the back of the lot, but that may become problematic with all the mourning. I saw a buyable tombstone at MTS, so that may be the way to go if there is no other solution.

Thank you all for reading and commenting. :)

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2014, 12:31:59 PM »
Chapter 8: Life Goes On

Azure could not get past Pelham's death. He visited his father's grave several times a day...

... and tried to relieve his grief through painting.

In order to relieve the sad mood in the family, Alena decided to celebrate her birthday with style. So she booked the Rattle Snake Bar for her party and invited some of the family friends along.

First things first: Alena blew out the candles an became of age.

Then it was time to discreetly check on her old flame Alexander Goth, who had become young adult soon after they began dating.

It turned out that Alexander had not lost interest in Alena....

... and so they took up where they had left off before the age difference happened...

... and went even further than back then and as far as decency would allow in such a public place.

Alena did not waste any time and proposed to Alex right away. And so the birthday party also became an engagement party.

While Alena was wooing Alex, Anaya became bored. So she took out her phone...

...and invited her only friend Malcolm Landgraab. The evil guy and the aspiring criminal had a lot to talk about.

Azure went around trying to dazzle the ladies with his fancy clothes, but despite of the magic full moon, none of the women were particularly impressed. I guess Azure did not realize that the ladies were too old for him. But it is understandable, after all it is so difficult to tell teens and adults apart in this game.

Luckily there are at least three teen girls in the game right now so Azure has a group to choose from - from the left: Willow Gauthier, Quinn Cook and Suzanne Salgado. Maybe one of them can make Azure happy again.

Alena asked Alexander to move in and he gave the thumbs up.

They immediately performed an important task - in her mother's bed.

And they have a baby on the way!

I forgot it was already Anaya's birthday, so she did not get a party.

But she did have a cake. She acquired the Ambitious trait.

Alena is huge although it's still early days of her pregnancy. It's a good thing that she grew up to be Family Oriented (which I forgot to mention earlier) for who knows what she has "brewing" in there... ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline arimau

• Eau Lumineuse
  • Occult
    • arimau's Playground
Re: The Blue Legacy - Chapter 8 (27.09.2014)
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2014, 08:01:13 PM »
Alena is really huge :o! Wouldn't that be hard to walking around with a body like that? :P
I love these pictures: the full moon and when Alena gave Alex a thumb up, which becomes my favorites :)
Arimau's Playground

Offline Tipi

• Occult
Re: The Blue Legacy - Chapter 8 (27.09.2014)
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2014, 09:53:01 AM »
Looks like she's brewing a keg of beer.

LOL, that's a good one.  ;D

Alena is really huge :o! Wouldn't that be hard to walking around with a body like that?

The size of a pregnant sim is really exaggerated in the game! And thanks for the compliment on the pictures. The moon in the game is gorgeous. There's one more picture of it in this chapter.

Chapter 9: Full House

Alena and Anaya are still very close. Anaya is glad to keep her highly pregnant sister company...

... when her husband is out collecting crystals, fossils and other things. Alexander aspires to be The Curator.

Anaya is often angry and pours out her fury onto the canvas.

When that does not work, the neighbours better watch out!

OMG, what is this?!

It's a boy! The first name starting with B the game gave me was Brenton. Then I had to enter the boy's name again. Thinking I had done something wrong, I hit the randomize button again and got Brycen. It was only when the game asked for a name to a girl, I realized that...

... Alena had given birth to triplets!

Thank you, game, no need to gloat and remind me that it's a full house! The Watcher will be quite busy in the near future.

So here they are once again: Brenton, Beatriz and Brycen Goth.

Right after giving birth, Alena went out to share the news with her late father. She wished he had been there to see his grandchildren.

That's where Alex found her when he came home from his collecting trip.

He offered his fiancee a broad shoulder to cry on (he has become quite bulky from all the digging).

Finally Alena awarded her "little cupcake" with her most seductive smile.

Afterwards Alex finally had time to greet his brood.

Grandmother Celia dotes on the little ones.

Toasting on a double birthday!

Azure goes first and feels the need to show off his young adult's biceps to Don Lothario. Don is not impressed.

Then Celia blows out the candles. She does not feel as powerful as her son, but experiences the first aches of an older body right away.

Sitting down by the cribs of the new generation, Celia seems to wonder where did all the years go!

The main attraction of the party seemed however be the triplets. The guests as well as the household members were queuing to cuddle the babies.

The baby phase seemed to fly past and soon it was time for the triplets to shoot out of their cribs.

Beatriz is a Bookworm and aspires to be Rambunctious Scamp - a pretty schizo combination! But it is Brycen (in the middle), who really is Insane. He wants to become Whiz Kid. Finally, our Lazy Brenton has the aspiration to make a lot of friends and be Social Butterfly. Nice that they all rolled different aspirations!

The legacy house needed to be expanded after the triplets grew up to accommodate eight sims. The exterior got a total makeover with a more modern look. Besides more bedrooms and a new bathroom, the family now has a separate building with a study for activities that require to be focused and a studio to work when the inspiration hits you.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Blue Legacy - Chapter 9 (28.09.2014)
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2014, 03:58:37 PM »
The triplets shooting out of the cribs had me choking on my coffee, it really made me laugh. What a great update. Alex certainly looks rather hunky all beefed up!  :P
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2014, 06:46:13 PM »
That image of Beatriz flying out of her crib is amazing.  Are you going to keep the house full?

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2014, 12:24:40 AM »
Thanks to both of you! It was pure luck that I happened to pause the game just when Beatriz was growing up. I thought that her position was funny, so I grabbed the picture.

I am going to keep the house full at least for a while. I want to see if I can fulfill any of the child aspirations. I was a bit bummed that I was not able to do that with the first generation. So the triplets will be my guinea pigs and I see their childhood as a practice run for the heirs to come. And since Azure is still a teen I am in no hurry to move anyone out yet.

Offline arimau

• Eau Lumineuse
  • Occult
    • arimau's Playground
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2014, 11:13:19 PM »
No wonder why Alena was that huge :o ! She had triplet! Congratulations for the fun (with guinea pigs) :P Yes, you’re right. There was one moon there. That added more feel to Alena situation. I also love Alena expression when she said OMG, haha.  Oh, and that’s a great looking house, just look like in the real life :) 
Arimau's Playground

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2014, 02:05:24 PM »
Chapter 10: Achievements

With the Blue household full at the moment the actual legacy bloodline is not advancing. So this chapter will mostly just be a report on the progress of the family members towards their goals.

Brenton reached his aspiration and became a Social Butterfly. I found this aspiration to be the easiest now that there were enough townie children to befriend. Brendon just invited the required five kids to his home and kept on chatting with them as long as his needs would permit. He had to ask them around only twice. There was one setback, when one of the boys grew up in the middle of the conversation, but luckily Brenton met a new boy next time the family went on an outing.

Also Beatriz reached her goal and became a Rambunctious Scamp. I built a separate gym for her with a lot energizing stuff around.

Brycen was the only one of the triplets not to reach his aspiration. Whiz Kid requires you to get an A at school and I started working towards it too late. None of the kids got A's - they hardly ever even did their homework but concentrated in their aspirations in stead.

Celia has been a good founder: she also became a Bestselling Author on top of her first aspiration (Joke Star). She picked a third aspiration - Friend of the World - but has not progressed with that one since she has mostly been writing the biographies of her family members. She has yet to reach the top of the Writer career, though.

In between her books, Celia likes to spend time with her grand children. Here she is reading to Brycen who needed to be read to for his aspiration. Brenton is busy making an adult friend while listening the story

Alena is an Angling Ace and then started working towards becoming a Master Chef. After catching the final fish for her first aspiration...

...she took a job on the Culinary career. She is the one who grieves most after her father and always interrupts her cooking to go out and mourn by Pelham's grave. Celia never does that although she had the best relationship with Pelham in the family.

I have found that Anaya has both the most difficult aspiration - Public Enemy - and the most difficult career - Criminal, Oracle Branch - in the family. Her progress towards her goals is really slow.

Our nerd Azure took a job on the Tech Guru career after he grew up and wears a really ugly outfit for work.

Here he is designing mobile apps (he chose the Start Up Entrepreneur branch) to earn extra money for expanding the house. The Blues still have quite a bit to go before Azure can call himself Mansion Baron.

Alexander had his adult birthday in Desert Bloom park.

He reached his aspiration, The Curator, when he found the final doll of his My Sims -collection.

Celia's life was becoming to an end, but I was not ready to let her go yet. She bought a Potion of Youth and drank it when her age bar was full. Celia is wearing her best formal dress, because ...

...  Alena and Alexander are celebrating their long overdue wedding.

First they said their vows in front of their family and friends.

Then Alena cut the cake and the newlyweds fed it to each other.

After the ceremony and the cake, Celia autonomously hugged her daughter. That was lovely!

After some drinks...

... the happy couple and guests kicked up their heels and danced well into the night. The party easily went gold!

The next day Brenton drew a picture of his mother and father during the party.

Then it was time for a quadruble birthday. Alena does not seem at all sad to grow older.

The triplets followed their mother and stepped forward one by one to blow out the candles.

The teens lined up outside for a group photo. Can you notice any difference between these pictures?

I don't know what happened! Suddenly Beatriz and Brycen just got thinner and stayed that way.

Here are close-ups of the triplets: 
Brycen - Insane and Loves the Outdoors - aspiration: The Curator (like his father)
Brenton - Lazy and Art Lover - aspiration: Soulmate
Beatriz - Bookworm and Bro - aspiration:  Freelance Botanist

Bella had recently died and Cassandra was left all alone in the huge mansion. She was lonely and wanted her brother's family to move in with her. So Alexander, Alena and the triplets packed their bags and moved out to the Goth Manor. And now, there's finally room in the Blue household for new family members!

Offline Tipi

• Occult
Re: The Blue Legacy - Chapter 10 (30.09.2014)
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2014, 02:24:21 AM »
Chapter 11: Two Romances

It was late at night in Willow Creek.

Celia feels the burden of advanced years - she's over 100 now - and like most old ladies does not sleep too well at night. While having a soothing glass of orange juice that night, she was wondering where her youngest was at such a late hour. He is usually such a homebody.

Well, Azure was in Oasis Springs at the Solar Flare lounge. He soon regretted making a detour there after work - there seemed to be just old sims there - and was getting ready to leave, when someone called out his name. It turned out it was Willow Gauthier, his friend from high school, who was having a girl's night out with Quinn Cook and Suzanne Salgado, both of whom Azure also knew from school.

When Azure joined the girls at the other end of the bar, Willow immediately started shamelessly flirting with our heir.

Encouraged by the drinks he'd had earlier, Azure felt very confident and flirted right back.

The couple pretty much forgot their surroundings and Azure soon heard himself ask Willow to be his girlfriend.

They sealed the deal with their first kiss...

... and just had to capture the moment.

Willow was ready to continue the night somewhere more private and asked the classic "Your place or mine?" question. But Azure's flame died when he happened to glance around and noticed his sister Anaya talking to someone close by. So he called it a night and went home, but only after promising to see her again soon.

The person Anaya was meeting at the lounge was her old friend Malcolm Landgraab. They had become friends over making evil schemes, and very gradually over the years, their friendship had evolved into something more. Anaya could sense that Malcolm shared her feelings, but his commitment issues prevented him showing them openly.

So Anaya - the clever girl - had decorated a spare room with items that enhance the flirty mood and took Malcolm there. After some heavy flirting, Malcolm was finally softened to the point that they could share their first kiss.

And they did plenty of other things in the romantic atmosphere of the flirty room.

Before going home at the break of dawn, Malcolm paid his respects to Anaya's father, Pelham.

Anaya was so worn out by her night with Malcolm that she fell asleep in the bath. For an older gentleman, Malcolm must be pretty virile.

Azure was a man of his word and soon invited Willow to pay a visit to the legacy house. Aunt Cassandra happened to pass by at the same time. "Hi, Aunt Cassie! Go right in. I have a more pressing matter at hand right here."

Things got even more pressing later.

Afterwards Azure seemed pretty pleased with himself.

Willow could not stay the night so she and Azure shared a goodbye kiss in front of Cassandra and Brycen (yes, all this happened before the Goth bunch moved out).

It was a good thing Willow left. She did not need to know that Azure still likes to sleep in his mother's bed sometimes.