Author Topic: The Fox Legacy  (Read 134182 times)

Offline arimau

• Eau Lumineuse
  • Occult
  • Time changes people hearts...
    • arimau's Playground
Re: The Fox Legacy
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2014, 04:51:18 PM »
Your founder looks tough and cool! And it’s also such a heart-wrenching back-story too for Joe, I hope that he could overcome his fear someday and I’m glad that he’s not alone anymore (he has a beautiful wife and a son who look so much like his Dad, which makes me surprised). I also love your design your home, the way that you took those pictures and it‘s also a great story (I love family bonding time). Good luck with your legacy :)
Arimau's Playground
Life Sounds Like (Complete)
This Is I Promise You: Bad Day

"Whatever you are, be a good one" - Abraham Lincoln -
"Because out of the heart's store come the words of the mouth." - unknown -

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Chapter 6: Completion and Change
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2014, 04:58:05 PM »
Jakes first day at school didn't go very well, he complained to me saying, "Dad, it's just not fair!". I told him that getting on with life, taking the good with the bad and making each moment count, is what life is all about. I'm not sure he appreciates all of my life's lessons but he's a good boy and wants earn his way in the world, not just sit back and expect things to be handed to him.

With a change in attitude his next day went much better.

Kendra found time as often as she could to read to Jake. It was one of his many goals he had set himself along his path towards being a whiz kid.

I'm so proud of my family, they are such hard workers. Kendra's writing is really doing well, her royalties are becoming quite substantial now and I'm all the more grateful for her hard work as her heart's desire is really to become a Master Mixologist. I have a plan to make that happen one day for her, but I haven't told her that!

I still find time to socialize, even though the dirt and filth makes me long to just get up and have a cleaning frenzy, despite that being rude to our guests.

Both Kendra and I felt like time was slipping away from us so we decided that we would drink a potion to restore our young adulthood. Kendra took hers that morning, I drank mine later that night when I got home from work.

Jake's met a new friend, Nia Pruitt. Unfortunately that guy won't stop following them around.

So, for now, I've asked Jake to stay home and play with Nia here.

Nia sometimes doesn't play fair but I'm sure Jake can handle it, he's a bright kid, I'm sure he's got Nia figured out.

My newest aspiration is to become a chef. I've mastered painting and will always be an artist but I'm finding a lot to enjoy in creating good meals for my family.

Each morning I leave with a spring in my step

Jake's discovered the world of potions, I've asked him not to drink anything before checking it out with Kendra.

He's caused a few fires. Luckily my old friend Eric was on hand for this one.

Between fires, things breaking all the time...

and everything getting disgustingly dirty...

I hardly have time for my beautiful wife.

Kendra is my soulmate and she told me the big news that soon we will have another little Fox. I'm thrilled.

I asked The Watcher if she would please use our savings to expand the house.

Like always, we ran out of money before anything could be completed but nothing in life that is worth having comes easily.

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2014, 05:42:36 PM »
Wow, Playalot, what an awesomely prolific story start! Well done!

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2014, 05:43:54 PM »
Wow, Playalot, what an awesomely prolific story start! Well done!

Offline arimau

• Eau Lumineuse
  • Occult
  • Time changes people hearts...
    • arimau's Playground
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2014, 07:49:40 PM »
Jake is pretty much like his father and I loooove his facial expression, he’s such a confident kid for a kid in his age and a smart one. His confidence makes me wants to vote him if there’s an election for the next heir. I saw in others story there’s something like that, haha. Would love to know who the little fox is, pretty much hope that would be the heiress.
Arimau's Playground
Life Sounds Like (Complete)
This Is I Promise You: Bad Day

"Whatever you are, be a good one" - Abraham Lincoln -
"Because out of the heart's store come the words of the mouth." - unknown -

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2014, 11:17:58 PM »
Loving your story Playalot, but I can't see any or your pictures from your last few posts  :'(.. Still enjoying it though!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2014, 03:02:53 AM »
@ Ginj, thank you very much, it's very encouraging to know people are reading.
@ arimau, Jake is a real cutie, and I think he will age up looking very much like his dad. He is a really lovely little sim, he cleans things without being prompted and does his homework all by himself too!

@ KTK10 Oh No! I can see the pictures and I've logged in on another pc. Can you still not see them? I've just bought more bandwidth from photobucket as I got a message telling me I was running low. Maybe it had something to do with that?

Maybe if someone else reading this can't see the pictures either, could you leave a reply so I know?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2014, 03:09:01 AM »
Maybe if someone else reading this can't see the pictures either, could you leave a reply so I know?

Good story can't wait to see more... I can see the pictures just fine :)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2014, 03:24:13 AM »
@ justproud2b, whew! I'm glad the pics are there! Update coming tomorrow, had a blue screen crash this afternoon and lost about an hour or so of game time. I got so involved I forgot to save  ::)
I must say the crash gave me quite a fright, first blue screen crash I've ever had, even my old pc didn't do that with TS3 but luckily it rebooted automatically and most of my game was still there.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2014, 07:37:33 AM »
Pics also showing up for me.

The blue screen of death is a scary thing. Used to get it all the time on our original Pentium PC but once we upgraded that I've only had it twice in about 5 years.
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Chapter 7: Another Nooboo
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2014, 03:48:45 PM »
Chapter 7: Another Nooboo

Congrats Kendra, another little nooboo on the way for you and Joe. I'm going to hand this chapter over to you as this is such a special time in your life.

Thanks Watcher, I must admit it's quite nice to have my say every now and then, Joe's great but he does focus on the strangest things at times!
Well this time the nooboo began showing very quickly. I must say it had me feeling a bit nervous as I had heard rumours of triplets in Willow Creek.

Joe began to become really serious, even more so than usual. He painted every waking moment as well as trying to make it to the top of his cooking career. I was getting pretty worried about him until he explained to me that he was memorializing us all, in art.

Those two realistic galaxy painting are Joe and I. Joe says that's because I am his universe. He's very intense, I think it's part of his artistic temperament, nevertheless, it's rather sweet when your husband says things like that to you.

I told little Jake the big news. He was so excited to meet his new brother or sister. I said it would only be a few more days.

Jake continued to cook up a storm. All this gourmet cooking was going to our waistlines, again.

In fact Joe cooked so much that the kitchen became quite filthy, revolting. I really felt we should buy a new oven. Joe wanted to wait until he had earned his chef reward grill before we updated.

Jake and Joe continued to have father-son time. Jake is developing a rather quick sense of humour and warned Jake that if he kept waving his fork around that he might be struck by the curse. I nearly lost my mouthful of coffee at that one!

This nooboo was certainly taking it's time.

But I kept smiling knowing that I was nearly at the top of my career.

That night Joe reached Celebrity Chef status.

I was thrilled, I really was.

I was just so tired, and stressed from work. Joe said he could fix all that.

That night, after I tucked little Jake into bed, I just couldn't get comfortable. I found myself wandering round the newly finished upstairs.

Until finally, sometime early the next morning, when I really thought I couldn't take any more.

Little Jon Fox finally put in an appearance.

He was a little character. Joe was the best at making him smile, but even his charm wasn't fail proof.

Jake loved his little nooboo brother, and would often be first to the crib when he was crying.

And then before I was anywhere near ready, Jon aged up a whole lot.

He was so fast even The Watcher could hardly keep up with him.

Aww, happy birthday wee man.

Here's Jake and Jon heading off to school. Jon for the first time.

Jake for the last time. I'm such a bad mother. With promotions, nooboos and work pressure I missed my little Jakes birthday and he came home at lunchtime a teenager.

Luckily he had become a Whiz Kid just before breakfast that day so we could still celebrate that. Jon, however wasn't really in the mood for celebrating. He said that the teachers sucked and school was stupid, and he was never going back.<sigh> I think Joe needs to have a dad-to-son chat to him.

Jake, on the other hand, once he'd changed his clothes and had a new haircut, just settled down to his homework alone. He didn't really want any help as he said he quite liked being alone at times. I knew what he meant, I felt the same way from time to time.

He aspires to be a famous writer. Jake said he wanted to write books as successful as mine. I'm not sure how this will go for him as he is perhaps more suited for more knowledgeable pursuits. But with his love of the outdoors to keep him from being cooped up all day in an office, I'm hopeful he will do well regardless.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2014, 05:05:28 PM »
Chapter 8: Daily Life

Having one son was awesome, having two, better than I ever thought. Jake is really good with Jon, he insisted on having 'The Chat' with him about changing his attitude.

Jake basically told him that he's got the wish to be a Whiz Kid so now he's got to buck up and actually do it. Jakes chat seemed to work, Jon perked up and actually began studying. Good job Jake.

Jake spent a lot of time with his little brother and one day Jon will realize how lucky he was to have such a good role model.

Nia came round to visit Jake. He looked sad to see his best friend so much younger than him. I told him to give it a few days and then things would look better.

I was proud of Jon. He began to really lift his game and improve his school grades.

I had a birthday. I wasn't looking forward to being an adult. To be honest, I already felt the burden of responsibility quite heavily as simoloens were quite tight and the bills were quite large.

But, oh yeah, I still got it.

The next morning I quit my job and turned my focus on a new aspiration. More about that later.

Eric continued to be the best mate I could wish for and we took to joking a bit about the good old days.

The love of my life became a Best Selling Author and then a Creator Of Worlds. She phoned the publishing house she worked for.

And quit.

Jake struggled with his aspiration. We moved his desk out into the foyer so he wouldn't be alone and sat him under quite a few really sad paintings I created for him especially. He wanted to experience writers block as apparently that would make him a better writer.

Kendra started to practice bar tricks in her breaks from fulltime writing.

I gave Jake a hand with his extra homework each morning as he was always tired out from trying to hit writers block.

One morning I found Jon asleep on the couch when he should have been at school. I gave him a quick talking to and sent him off to school energized.

That night I put my foot down and made the kids go to bed early, both of them. I told Jake that this writer's block thing was becoming ridiculous and that we'd talk to The Watcher about it in the weekend.

I also thought that I must talk to Kendra about giving Jake a room of his own.

Very early giggling woke me up and went I went downstairs to see what was going on. This is what I found.

Jon had decided to work on his chemistry skills and Jake was doing extra credits, despite both of them being A students. Oh I've got such good boys, I thank The Watcher how well my life has turned out. I crept back upstairs and left them to it. Any opportunity to get some extra sleep is a luxury I won't turn down.

The house is slowly starting to take shape and not look like the worst in the street.

We've still got undeveloped space upstairs but Kendra loves the double height lounge/balcony area.

I'm starting to feel like life is quite good and maybe it's time to take my foot off the accelerator. I think the next generation have got a firm foundation to start from.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2014, 05:33:04 PM »
Chapter 9: Jake's Friend

I now start each morning like this. It's my favourite part of the day, I love watching the sun come up over Willow Creek.

Jake's Nia came over this morning.

I think he's falling for her in his quiet, careful way.

I can't help but think that his feelings for her might surprise him. I must remember to give him the woohoo talk.

Nia and Jake are surprisingly in sync with each other.

They spent the day laughing and playing cards. It did him the world of good to get away from his writing.

I have this crazy need to show everyone my muscles. Jon said if I ever did that again, he'd disown me.

Jake's really sweet on Nia. I hope to Watcher it all works out ok.

Kendra had her birthday. She just quietly announced it one afternoon. No-one had noticed but she said she had wanted it this way. She still looks beautiful.

That night I still felt energetic so I put in a few more hours towards my goal of being the best sim I can be physically. I solve a lot of my problems here. It's a good way to figure things out and put the simsverse in order.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2014, 06:22:21 PM »
Chapter 10: Jon's Trip

"Do I really get to have this chapter all to myself? Without you changing anything? Really Watcher?"

Yes, Jon, this chapter's all yours wee man.

Well, in that case, I'm telling it how it is... and this is gross.

That's what made me go outside, my other friend's parent's don't behave like this. Well not that I've asked, like who would ask that! Anyway, before I tell you where I went, check this out.

It's mum's new door, pretty sweet. All my friends walk right past it. Too good!

Anyhoo, this is me.

And one of my friends.

The rest were due soon 'cos I'd txted everyone to meet here. A few got caught on the way out but there was enough of us to have fun.

I'm glad none of the girls made it. I think girls are a bit weird. Like they always want to get to know you. I'm like, who cares! I just want to get to the juicy bit of the story...
It was this big, and hungry, and wanted only to eat the kids from Willow Primary 'cos it knew.... they were the...tastiest.

Oh My Watcher! What is that behind you?

Oh what a laugh! Later that night I was getting pretty hungry so I headed towards the BBQ area where someone had left out some pretty juicy looking burgers.

Kaching! Sweet score!

Droopy Chops came and sat next to me. I charmed her in seconds. Mum wasn't there to keep telling me to stop talking to everyone.
I told her asked her an impossible riddle. LOL Oh my Watcher, you should have seen her face. I nearly choked on my burger.

Anyhoo... it was time to get home ASAP before I got caught out. Chances are mum and dad were still smooching...eww. Or staring into each others eyes, or hiding from the world under their covers. Honestly, I'd have thought they'd have grown out of that by now. Even I don't need to do that anymore. I just give myself a quick 1,2, pick up chat in the mirror. Whatevers.

Yeah, well, Busted, mum just happened to be posting another manuscript to her editor.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2014, 10:47:47 PM »
Yay! I can see the photos now AND you did lots of updates!  I love the way you have given the boys clear personalities.  I have problems with getting my sim to have writers block too.. looks like I will be checking google again for a solution! Thanks for your story, really love it.

anything