Author Topic: The Fox Legacy  (Read 134434 times)

Offline arimau

• Eau Lumineuse
  • Occult
  • Time changes people hearts...
    • arimau's Playground
Re: The Fox Legacy
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2014, 05:37:26 PM »
Joe still looking great even he's an elder. I noticed that the children names are starting with 'J'. I wonder if this would be carried over to Joe grandchildren :P Glad that Jake ended up with Nia :)
Arimau's Playground
Life Sounds Like (Complete)
This Is I Promise You: Bad Day

"Whatever you are, be a good one" - Abraham Lincoln -
"Because out of the heart's store come the words of the mouth." - unknown -

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2014, 10:33:58 PM »
Wow that's some seriously fine genetics you've got going on! Any more attractive and I might start having inappropriate feelings for your menfolk! Love this legacy! One of my favourite TS4 legacies!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2014, 04:54:44 PM »
@ Tilla,  hopefully Nia has good genes!  :D lol, the house has change, again, but I'll post some more pics soon. I have a feeling it might end up completely different to my initial thoughts. Luckily changing things is so easy now.

@ KTK10, I just HAD to include those embarrassing moments pictures, way to funny. Jon's reaction really made me laugh. His embarrassed moodlet said something like "What was that all about? How embarrassing" lol

@ justproud2b, they looked so cute together as kids. There might be a wee bit of a twist round them being together...

@ arimau, I was quite surprised how good Joe looked, I've got quite attached to him. Yes, the 'J' name started by accident, it gets a bit confusing at times though so I might have to change it up for the next generation. I don't know, what do you think? Keep it 'J' or not?

@ Magpie2012, lol, I know right. They are such good looking sims  :P I should put the family up on the exchange.

Thank you so much everyone for your encouragement and really kind comments. It really keeps me motivated knowing that there's someone out there in the ether reading and even better, enjoying. I had no idea how hard a legacy is to do really as my first one tanked just as the first nooboo was born due to my pc crashing in such a way that there was nothing left to salvage on the hard drive! My appreciation for every other legacy writer and player out there that I've read and followed has multiplied exponentially and then some! And then some more!   :)

Will have another update soon. I got a bit distracted with ghosts yesterday.  :P
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2014, 05:19:50 PM »
Joe is seriously hot! Please put him on the exchange so I... I mean, so my sim can marry him *coughs*

Ha ha  ;D

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2014, 05:48:56 PM »
Righty-oh, will pop him up there as soon as I get home! Be kind to him  ;)

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2014, 06:41:01 PM »
I'd love to have Joe as well! I try to give my sims a unique hashtag that's not likely to be used for any other sim, to make them easier to find (:

It's too bad his genetics aren't a bit stronger in the boys. Their faces are softer, like their mother's, but they're still great-looking sims, and they have so much personality! It seems like everything's coming along quite nicely for you. I feel bad for not having checked in a bit sooner.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2014, 07:04:13 PM »
@ Becki, it's just great to have you along for the journey  :) Thanks for reading.

I'm hoping that Jake will grow a bit more angular as he skills up in fitness. My very first Joe is already on the exchange under #carlsguide. But I made him with a different log in user name so I think he shows up as being made by "Playalot2013".  It's exactly the same sim but with different traits. But I'll update all that when I'm home. I guess if I add the hashtag  "Playalot" then he should be easy to find.

*edited, Joe is now up on the gallery, again. The Joe with the word legacy in brackets after his name is the version I'm playing here. I've used the hashtag 'carlsguide' and 'Playalot'.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2014, 07:52:02 PM »
I just caught up with this (I used the link in your signature). Now I really want to play a painter -- drat those randomized aspirations, etc. Jake and Nia should have gorgeous children; can't wait to see what happens next.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2014, 08:45:49 PM »
@ MarionT, thank you! I think that starting with a painter was a good way to go, but yes, those random traits, good golly they make things tricky.

Offline arimau

• Eau Lumineuse
  • Occult
  • Time changes people hearts...
    • arimau's Playground
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2014, 09:14:49 PM »
@ arimau, I was quite surprised how good Joe looked, I've got quite attached to him. Yes, the 'J' name started by accident, it gets a bit confusing at times though so I might have to change it up for the next generation. I don't know, what do you think? Keep it 'J' or not?

I think to keep ‘J’ through several generations are quite a challenge as well but that would add more value to this story (you’re good at with giving Sims personality, storytelling and you’re a good builder as well) but that would make you busy (beside playing and write story). There are so many interesting names out there and each name has meaning and hope, I think that’s nice as our name itself carry over what parents hope for us to be or what we want to be.

My nickname Ari means Lion, but in my real name means rules the house (Swedish), house protector (English), war chief (Norse), house ruler (German), mighty in war (Teutonic) etc. See how one name could have different meaning in other languages and you could get more ideas from name alone for your story :) 

In the end it’s up to you, Playalot, you’re the writer so you know what you want to do. What you choose, I have no right for that and it doesn't matter.  I enjoy your story so far and I love it! So if you enjoy it yourself, that’s what matter the most.
Arimau's Playground
Life Sounds Like (Complete)
This Is I Promise You: Bad Day

"Whatever you are, be a good one" - Abraham Lincoln -
"Because out of the heart's store come the words of the mouth." - unknown -

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2014, 12:04:19 AM »
@ arimau, what lovely comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. It is so interesting how names have such strong meanings. I'll take some time and have a think about the next generations names before making a decision, I guess what makes it a little hard with a legacy story is that the traits are randomized so sometimes it's hard to get the kind of personality you really wish for.

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2014, 12:13:47 AM »
@ arimau, what lovely comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. It is so interesting how names have such strong meanings. I'll take some time and have a think about the next generations names before making a decision, I guess what makes it a little hard with a legacy story is that the traits are randomized so sometimes it's hard to get the kind of personality you really wish for.

I agree with arimau... I think if it's confusing you honestly don't do it. If your spending more time getting them straight then it'll take from your story which you do so well. So if the J names are already getting you stop there. It's also hard to give names based off of traits and such more of who you'd like them to be since well in real life and in game babies just born have no traits or major distinct personality.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2014, 12:34:48 AM »
Chapter 15: Romance Blossoms and A Dark Secret

Ah, young love. It only seems like yesterday that I met and married Kendra, and now it's my young Jake that has fallen head-over-heels in love with Nia.

He asked her to marry him down on the beach.

Jake's very private so Kendra and I only knew straight away because we were watching through the upstairs window. It's one of the joys of being a parent... you know 'watching out' for your kids!

Nia moved in and at first was a little nervous as she was used to living on her own.

But she soon settled in and began to feel at home. Jon spent most of his time with his nose in a book.

And Jake kept working all the hours in a day to try to get to the top of his career. Most days we hardly saw him.

We threw a little party to welcome Nia and to celebrate Jon starting his first job. He wants to be an eSpot Gamer or something like that. I'm not actually sure what he does but Jake says he should do just fine at this.

I painted a memorializing piece of art for dear Nia. She's like a spring day, a breath of fresh air, and the hope of a new generation of Foxes. Ah, I'm getting sentimental in my old age.

Jake was delighted with the art and with his new engagement.

He spent whatever time he could at home and with Nia as his work was really demanding.

I guess it just wasn't enough. I don't know what it was about that morning chat with Nia that made me suspicious. It's not like me to think badly of anyone but something, a hunch, I don't know, but something, made me follow her that day.

I was astonished to see her meeting this guy. He is a well known criminal, a master mind of the underworld.

Oh The Watcher, what has she got herself involved with?

I kept watching from just around the corner. I couldn't quite hear everything that was being said, but I heard enough.

He gave her an ultimatum, either she breaks up with Jake or he'll make life pretty ugly for her.

In Nia's defence, she did try to fight back.

But pretty soon he had her melting under his dastardly spell.

I headed home, I seen and heard enough to make me feel terrible. Jake was chatting away to me as my heart broke. I knew I had to tell him... oh how to break it to him without this news destroying him.

He sobbed.

I almost wished I hadn't said anything. I wished that things could have gone on like nothing was wrong. But it was something that as a family we would work through together. I wasn't about to turn my back on Nia either. She needed help just as my poor boy, Jake would.

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2014, 01:08:07 AM »
Ooooh! Interesting chapter, that last one! Very nicely put together. You have me intrigued with the story now. This is the way that legacy stories ought to be, with twists and turns in them that keep each generation unique from the last. Obviously you have to be on your toes and thinking on your feet to make them more interesting, but I'm very impressed with what you have going here!

Can't wait to see what's next!

How did you get the interaction that made Jake cry?

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2014, 01:10:57 AM »
Oh No! Was not expecting that! I am sure that Nia has a very reasonable explanation... ::) Great twist!

anything