Author Topic: The Fox Legacy  (Read 134150 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Fox Legacy
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2014, 02:07:57 AM »
@ justproud2b, I had been toying with the idea of choosing a different letter of the alphabet for each generation, mainly to try to keep each generation unique. It's not so confusing for me, more perhaps the reader. I know that because I read all the legacy stories that are posted, that I have to work pretty hard keeping up with all the different generations. Maybe it's just my fuzzy brain lol.

@ Becki, just rolling with the punches. When Nia joined our family she had quite an interesting relationship panel.  :-X
    I used the mischief interaction 'give fake bad news'. There's a few other ways I could have done it, you know, view a sad picture  then cry in the bath etc etc.

@ KTK10, lol thanks, was hoping it would be an unexpected twist. It's not over yet!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2014, 02:13:23 AM »
@ Becki, just rolling with the punches. When Nia joined our family she had quite an interesting relationship panel.  :-X
    I used the mischief interaction 'give fake bad news'. There's a few other ways I could have done it, you know, view a sad picture  then cry in the bath etc etc.

That happened to me once. A sim (not even a romance sim!) had about six different past lovers in the relationships panel. Next time that happens, I might twist it up some and see what comes out of it!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2014, 09:35:30 AM »
Oh my, Nia how could you?
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2014, 11:15:41 AM »
@ MarionT, I know, I felt so sad for Jake when I saw Nia's 'history' in her relationship panel after she joined their house.  :( Still, it might all work out...

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2014, 11:20:28 AM »
@ MarionT, I know, I felt so sad for Jake when I saw Nia's 'history' in her relationship panel after she joined their house.  :( Still, it might all work out...

It makes me miss the memory system from TS2, however glitchy it might have been. Imagine what you'd learn about a sim from their panel of memories!

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2014, 01:00:30 PM »
I have download Foxy Joe (thanks for sharing, he is lovely).

By the way I should have said before but I have been reading your story from the start and it's quite wonderful and written so well.

I think Nia will get her head sorted, I mean look at the genetics! But I have to say I think her make up is awesome (purple and green around the eyes).

Random fact a group of foxes is called a 'skulk' apparently. Doesn't sound that fitting to me though in this case!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2014, 02:52:45 PM »
Chapter 16: A Decision

I didn't know what to do with the information dad had told me.

Jon came in and just hugged me.

I had to get out of the house, get some distance on what was going on.

It didn't seem to help much, so I headed for the bar.

After quite a few drinks, things didn't seem quite real.

I didn't feel like talking but she was so sweet I couldn't ignore her. We actually became friends pretty quickly, she knew just what to say to start me thinking...

I started walking... Why didn't you do something Watcher?.

There are only certain events that I'm willing to change Jake. These things that do not break us, make us stronger.
I've failed Nia, I was too busy wrapped in my own goals, in my own aspirations. I failed to see that my best friend was in trouble. My own selfishness has blinded me to the needs of others.
And yet she loves you.

She has broken my trust, made a fool of me. I don't want to face Nia. I don't want to deal with any of this, I snarled.
You have a decision to make Jake.
If I can't find it in myself to forgive Nia wholeheartedly then I will not live with suspicion and fear. I will not spend the rest of my life wondering who she is txting or who she is talking to when she's out.
I tried phoning Nia, but hung up before she could answer.

I headed back to the bar. It was empty but that suited me fine. I tried to find inspiration from my favourite book and drown my sorrows at the same time. This is too hard, too complex, I didn't ask for any of this. I can't do it. I'm pathetic. Even now I'm hiding in the shadows, talking to myself, staying out of the limelight. It's hopeless. Why did you make me like this Watcher?
You are bigger then the sum of your parts. You are the maker of your own destiny and your decisions will ultimately define you Jake.
Something has to be done to stop this criminal low life.
What are you waiting for? When good men choose to do nothing....
...then evil reigns. Well, I choose to do something.

Decision made, I headed out. Looking for the one person who was responsible for this mess.

I had him in my sights.

He knew how to tell ugly tales.

I lost my cool.

So I told him a few home truths.

I can't repeat what he said about Nia. Our conversation was abhorrent.

But it was pretty devastating and difficult to listen to.

It was time to make a stand for what I believed in and what was good and right and sweet about Nia and her situation.

It was inevitable that this was the only language he was going to understand.

I knew that this would be the last any of us would see of him.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2014, 03:11:26 PM »
Poor Jake :( His reactions are real though, which makes it all the more interesting. I just love the story that you have going here!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2014, 04:37:22 PM »
Chapter 17: Separate Ways

The next morning I felt unsettled.

I tried telling mum I was fine, I'm not sure she believed me.

Nia gave me my ring back and she moved into Jon's old room.

She tried to help out but she was hurting.

Dad spent a lot of time with Nia.

Talking it all out.

She had been blackmailed by Malcolm for a very long time over something terrible her brother had done.

Dad did his best to reassure Nia that it was over and that she had us as family even though it might not be exactly as we all hoped.

Dad was dabbling in mixology, when he wasn't working, and between the two of them they hatched a plan to try to find Nia's brother. It didn't look hopeful but now that Malcolm was out of the picture perhaps old wounds could be healed. Dad's forever hopeful for a fairy tale ending. Me, I'm not so optimistic.

I spent my time with Jon.

Or at the gym.

Jon was still building his rocket ship. I hope it is actually safe to fly, it looks pretty shambolic to me and the last thing we need right now are any more accidents, drama or heart ache.

Dad's old friend Eric is good for him. He's the only friend left now. All the others have passed over to the other side.
I think they are almost as close as brothers. It's good, I've got Jon to talk to but dad lost all his family long before I was born so I like to see him spending time with Eric.

When they thought no one was looking I caught Mum and dad in the kitchen. It's so sweet, but somehow made my chest hurt.

I couldn't sleep that night, so I went out for a jog.

That night I was lonely.

When I opened my eyes the first thing I saw was the book Nia had been reading on the nightstand.

All I could think about was a quote I'd read somewhere, 'A day without sunshine is like, you know, night".

I had work to go to.

That night, Nia and I spoke over dinner.

It was awkward.

When the weight of silence became too heavy I left to do some writing without meeting Nia's eyes.

Later, when everyone else had gone to sleep, I threw Nia's painting in the corner behind dad's art stuff. I hated the sight of it.

Then I put it back on the wall, the last thing she needed was more rejection and hurt. I slammed the door and went to bed.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2014, 05:17:38 PM »
@ Tigerskin, thanks for reading! I'm glad your enjoying the story so far  :)

@ Becki, it has been really interesting to play. Malcolm was standing right outside the house in real game time, when Jake got back from his soul searching at the Rattlesnake! The story is basically telling itself!

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2014, 05:28:50 PM »
So. Much. Drama. OMG this is one of the most exciting legacies I've ever read! I can't wait for the next chapter!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2014, 11:02:41 PM »
Chapter 18: Boys Night

A quick update on the latest renovations we've done on the house. Well, really Jon's responsible as it's been done to his design.
Upstairs where there used to be a large open double story void there is now Jon's new room and study. We've also added another bathroom and a childs room.

The front hasn't changed but here, from the back, you can see Jon's new room above the lounge.

This morning Dad and Jon spent some time together. We're not sure how much time dad has left but it can't be long now.

Nia joined them for breakfast. Before you know it, everyone's telling unbelievable stories and trying to out do each other.

Jon still knows how to spin the biggest tales.

He has everyone in stitches.

There is a serious side to Jon though. He doesn't muck around when it comes to business.

We both leave for work at the same time. It's a race who's going to get promoted first. Jon's pretty confident he's got this one in the bag, but I know this is my last day in the junior office as my boss has already told me the new positions mine.

After work Mum and Dad wanted to chat to me. They'd found out about Nia's brother and it wasn't good. He'd died some time last year and they thought I should be the one to tell her. It's really sad but I guess we can at least now put all of this behind us. I know one day Nia will find the evidence she needs to clear her family name.

After I told Nia, Jon and I grabbed a quick bite to eat before going out.

The rattlesnake was actually getting pretty crowded by the time we got there.

Jon struck up a conversation with Cassandra, who looks worryingly good for her age. (Note to watcher... are you sure you've got those aging setting correct? Yes Jake, everything's set to normal and aging is on... I've double checked

I found myself thinking about Nia, and I realized I missed her.

Jon got into an unpleasant conversation and did his usual of stopping it in it's tracks! He's so blunt at times it makes me laugh. The other guy probably didn't even know what happened.

I started dancing and pretty soon it was crowded.

A few hours later I looked at Jon who was nearly falling asleep on his feet. Time for home.

We both had work in a few hours. That's what I call a good night!

Oh yeah, promotion!

Jon too, he just has a more casual work environment.

After work Mum was throwing a small party. Just so she could get some gourmet cooking done. I couldn't help but think of what should have been when I look at Nia. I wonder what I should have done to keep the dream alive.

Mum's party was a huge success. You can always tell how good a party has been by the mess left at the end.

I used the excuse of cleaning up the patio to get some fresh air and alone time. Sometimes it's hard to find space in a busy household.

I went to bed and left Nia and Dad chatting.

The next day while all the men folk were at work, the girls had a day out. I don't know what they did really, some shopping I guess.

But they end the day hot and sweaty... at the gym.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2014, 11:34:07 PM »
Chapter 19: A Serious Talk

That night I sat down with Nia, I just wanted to make sure she was doing O.K. She'd been through a lot.

I found myself smiling at her.

She was smiling back.

I cleared my throat and asked how she was doing.

When she got up to leave ...

I told her I hoped that we'd always be friends.

I gave her a quick kiss on the cheek.

But somehow it turned into something else.

As I let her go I realized that she was crying. I wiped her tears away and apologized.

That's when I realized they were tears of joy. We went out to a local nightclub where we used to hang out because I felt that I didn't want things to get complicated between us just because of one kiss. We spoke honestly to each other and really had a serious talk.

She was just so beautiful.

As I sat looking at her I felt as sure about her as the day I first proposed. My heart felt like it was going to explode.

I asked Nia if she would be my wife, again, but this time forever and no going back.

She said yes.

We danced the night away.

And headed home in the early hours of the morning.

This time I knew we had got it right.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2014, 11:39:57 PM »
Oh how sweet! You tell such a realistic story, you had me grinning at my laptop like an idiot! hahaha.. great job  ;D

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2014, 12:13:00 AM »
Chapter 20: A Wedding

Jon and Dad had breakfast together on the morning of my wedding. I was too nervous to eat.

Nia looked as nervous as I felt so I gave her a quick hug while everyone was still finding their seats.

We promised to love, cherish and honor each other until The Grim Reaper doth separate us.

And so I kissed my bride.

We shared the first slice of our wedding cake symbolising our commitment to share everything with each other through life.

It was the happiest day of my life.

I managed to have a quiet moment with Nia and promised her that I would always put her first.

Dad and I chatted as we ate.

I'm so thankful that he was here for my wedding.

I gave Jon a big hug, I know he's feeling it today. He knows that Dad won't be with us to see his wedding so it feels bitter-sweet.

It was time for the photos; and here we are, the boys.

And us all together.

My wife and I

I remember The Watcher telling me that what doesn't break us makes us stronger. I didn't get it at the time, but now I do. I feel invincible.

Congratulations Mr and Mrs Jake Fox

Oh, and a wee surprise for the morning

anything