Author Topic: The Fox Legacy  (Read 132178 times)

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
Re: The Fox Legacy
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2014, 12:13:17 AM »
Yay updates and double yay to Nia not being a bad person. I was a bit bummed it was looking like the end. Glad to see it all worked out in the end!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #76 on: October 04, 2014, 01:49:10 AM »
Oh how sweet! You tell such a realistic story, you had me grinning at my laptop like an idiot! hahaha.. great job  ;D

me too! lol

@ justproud2b and @Becki, as always your comments are very much appreciated  :)

I've so enjoyed playing this family. It's been a blast. Here's to hoping they continue their shinanigans!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #77 on: October 04, 2014, 04:08:42 AM »
Catching up with all the stories on the forum after a very busy week at work...

I see that you have been very busy with your game and your story. So many great chapters! I liked the little twist with Nia but am glad that it all worked out. And that "wee surprise" - yay!

The family photos were great. I wish you could import them to the game somehow like in the previous sims versions.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2014, 08:23:52 AM »
So loving this. I'm glad Jake and Nia got their wedding day!
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #79 on: October 04, 2014, 08:37:31 AM »
Good to see that Nia and Jake is back together. They are both so pretty cant wait for the kids.

Offline arimau

• Eau Lumineuse
  • Occult
  • Time changes people hearts...
    • arimau's Playground
« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2014, 09:25:54 AM »
I don’t know, seeing last picture in the chapter 16 looks so cool. I just love the angle! And it seems you’re getting good with it, Playalot (it's about angle thing). It adds more spice to your story. Thing that I love in the next update is there’s story in it. Not just about telling legacy progress that makes your story more interesting to follow. Keep it up. I know inside each of us, writers of story have hidden talents that need to unveil and discover, yet we’re still shy to show our true self :)

P.S: OMG, not only you're Playalot but you're also Writealot too. I hardly catch up with your story, it’s like do a marathon haha. That’s good, because I don’t have to wonder for what happen next *thumb up*
Arimau's Playground
Life Sounds Like (Complete)
This Is I Promise You: Bad Day

"Whatever you are, be a good one" - Abraham Lincoln -
"Because out of the heart's store come the words of the mouth." - unknown -

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2014, 04:27:26 PM »
@ Tipi, I know, it would be lovely to have those 'portraits' on the wall by the kitchen where they all sit, all the time! It actually took ages to get those pictures as Jake kept wanting to go and autonomously kiss Nia... awww.

@ Magpie2012, The wedding was such a messy party, as in it's really hard to get the guests to do what you want them to do. (My inner-control freak coming out) I've always disliked doing weddings but I thought I really should, after all they've been through.

@ LenaLJ , I am so hoping their kids will be cute. In game the nooboo is still in the crib so even I don't know yet. Won't be too long away though.

@ arimau, this bit was really about making sense of Nia's back story because of her rather umm, busy relationship panel when she joined the legacy house. I just felt I couldn't ignore it. And the bit about her brother happened because I saw him and Malcolm fighting in the park that day when Jon, as a little kid, had his adventure out by himself. By the time Nia joined the legacy house her brother disappeared out of her relationship panel... so my imagination went and put 2 and 2 together and came up with evil Malcolm being the perpetrator of something heinous! After all, why would she be in a relationship with him when she had lovely Jake?

Thanks everyone for reading. Judging by the 'number of times read'  (oh my gosh over 800!) you're all either reading my story 100 times each.... or there are other readers out there who aren't commenting.  :D lol

I'd just like to say thank you to all the 'invisible' readers as well. I hope you're liking the story too.  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ferretmania

• Occult
  • FerretmaniaDK on Origin
    • World Of Sims
« Reply #82 on: October 05, 2014, 04:21:08 AM »
I can't believe I haven't read this story before.
It's awesome and I love the way you make all the characters come to life in their own way , and each with their own personality.

You got some really good looking genes going on here.

I'm glad it all worked out for Nia and Jake and I bet their kids will be just as good looking as their parents.

I only live in real life when my sims need a break ;)

Raven's Immortal Dynasty

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2014, 02:21:52 PM »
@ Ferretmania, I'm glad your enjoying! And, yeah, I think I've been pretty lucky so far on the gene pool. Fingers crossed it continues  ;)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #84 on: October 05, 2014, 03:13:01 PM »
Chapter 21: A Birth and A Birthday and Something Else

I couldn't believe it when Nia shared The Big News.

I just couldn't stop smiling.

Dad and I spent a lot of time hanging out, chatting and painting. I had reached the top of my career and finished my first aspiration so with a nooboo on the way I don't think life could have been any better.

Nia and I spent every minute together that we could.

I surprised her that night with a special poem.

The days flew past.

And before we knew it, Kayleigh Fox, generation three, was here.

She was just so sweet, a little princess.

Jon loved her.

Dad spent all the time he could with Kayleigh. I think out of all of us he especially loved her. It brought a lump to my throat to watch Dad cuddle her.

Earlier that morning I had overheard Dad putting his affairs in order. That could only mean one thing.

Nia put Kayleigh down for a nap

because we had a party to go to.

Mum aged up pretty sprightly.

Then insisted on mixing us all a drink.

I enthused to mum about all my plans for a new career.

Nia kept her poker face on.

Jon admitted defeat and used changing Kayleigh's diaper as an excuse to not play another round of cards.

Mum and I brought out the dance moves,

and Jon played drinking games.

By this time Dad had gone to bed. He got tired so quickly these days.

Late that night, when everyone had cleaned up the mess and gone to bed, I thought I heard a noise downstairs. I went down to check and saw this.

I tiptoed back to bed, this could wait, I wanted to confront Jon when he was alone.

The next morning after I had fed Kayleigh I handed bubs over to mum for a cuddle,

then went to find Nia to talk over seeing Jon with Cassandra. I had worked out that Cassandra must only be a day or two younger than mum! Good golly, what was Jon thinking about kissing someone nearly as old as his mother! But when I saw Nia, I forgot what I was going to say.

Offline Lunarpixels

• Alien Babe
  • Immortal
  • he/him
« Reply #85 on: October 05, 2014, 03:56:09 PM »
I just spent the last twenty minutes catching up on this story and I love it! I look forward to reading more!

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #86 on: October 05, 2014, 10:54:56 PM »
I couldn't think of a more perfect crazy thing for him to do than to try and date someone that might not be age appropriate for him!!  Perfect! ;D ;D

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #87 on: October 06, 2014, 12:19:22 AM »
@ Artsygirl, thanks! Update coming soon.  :)

@ KTK10, it happened autonomously when Jake and Jon went to the Rattlesnake. When I saw his relationship status I was like!!! What? I only left them unattended for a few RL minutes while I focused on Jake! <sigh> My sims seem to taking over my story. ::)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #88 on: October 06, 2014, 01:09:16 AM »
Chapter 22: In Limbo

I love these night time cuddles best, when everyone else is sleeping and it's just me and her.

Way before we were ready, it was time for one last rock,

and one last coo,

and then, shazazz!

Time to be a real girl.

Happy Birthday my wee princess.

The first thing Kayleigh wanted to do was get us all dancing.

As I looked at my daughter, I wondered what her future held. She was quite a scamp and had a strong creative streak too.

Mum and Dad enjoyed lazy home dates, where they tried to out do each other with wonderful meals and top notch drinks.

I had that tricky conversation with Jon, you know about Cassandra. He was fairly astonished that I knew.

He snapped my head off and told me to mind my own business! Woah!

I asked him how old she was. He just looked at me. She's moving in, he said.

I left him to it and went and tried to explain about the relationship between size and perspective to Kayleigh.

Dad had hit another milestone. Being Fat and skinny in one life time. Who even knew there was such a thing? Good luck running that gut off dad! I had been struck by the Fork Curse... well, in my case it seemed more like a spoon.

I hope my new boss didn't mind. Good impressions on the first day and all that.

Mum quit her job. She wanted to enjoy her elder years.

My first day at my new job had been terrible.

Cassandra tried to cheer us all up at dinner with some quite snazzy piano playing.

Dad skipped dinner.

The next morning Kayleigh was up early being a monkey.

I saw her heading off to school using the path at the back of the house. She likes to do things her own way. Reminds me a bit of Jon at that age.

Yeah, first day blues... not good.

A shout-out to Eric, who's passed now. This is him painting in Dads studio. We still have that painting hung up in the foyer. RIP Eric, you'll be missed by all of us.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #89 on: October 06, 2014, 04:49:49 AM »
Chapter 23: Saturday

It started pretty much like any other day.

I had breakfast with Dad before heading off to work. Everyone else was still in bed having a sleep-in since it was the weekend.
Dad and I chatted about stuff, I don't really remember what we talked about, which is really bothering me now.

Kayleigh was next up. She headed outside for her usual blood-rush-to-the-head tricks.

Come look at me granddad.

Only granddad couldn't.

Mum was standing next to Grim by this stage, devastated.

Kayleigh got really cross with The Grim Reaper for taking her granddad away and challenged him to a game of cards for his soul.

Of course it didn't happen, 'cos life's not like fairy tales.

Well in that case Kayleigh wanted her own back and so told Grim some fake bad news to give him a taste of his own medicine.

Boo hoo hoo, like a little girl, Kayleigh mocked.

She demanded a photo op for show-and-tell at school on Monday.

"Haha I look pretty funny", cracked Grim.

"Oh you're not so bad Grim, I forgive you for taking granddad, next time though you shouldn't be so 'smoke and aura' ya know, it's pretty freaky and gives you a bad name", she advised Grim.
Oh to have the acceptance of a child whose heart has yet to be broken.

I wasn't at the forgiveness stage.

I just couldn't help myself. I feel sadness so strongly that at times I can't face it. I'd rather get angry, it's easier.

He was one tough opponent, who was I kidding?

Physically and emotionally I felt like I'd been put through the wringer.

Grim was all 'fire and brimstone' and I have to just accept what is, is.

Grim stayed around for some time. I went to bed with a heavy heart knowing that Dad was gone, mum was broken hearted, and I now had the burden of being the heir.

Rest In Peace Joe Fox, you will be sorely missed.

anything