Author Topic: The Fox Legacy  (Read 134140 times)

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
Re: The Fox Legacy
« Reply #90 on: October 06, 2014, 06:05:22 AM »
Aww, Playalot, you have my condolences! Good on Jake for not making the job easy! Does one need a special set of traits and skills to take on the Reaper in Sims 4? Kendra still looks amazing! Great chapter.

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #91 on: October 06, 2014, 08:44:52 AM »
Aww Foxy Joe, I had kind of hoped you would not go for a while.

At least the legacy is in good hands with Jake  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ferretmania

• Occult
  • FerretmaniaDK on Origin
    • World Of Sims
« Reply #92 on: October 06, 2014, 08:57:29 AM »
Kayleigh grew up to be such a cute girl.
I love the way she tackled Grim. That picture of him getting the bad news is hilarious.....And Jake getting in a fight with him totally cracked me up.

R.I.P. Joe.
I only live in real life when my sims need a break ;)

Raven's Immortal Dynasty

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #93 on: October 06, 2014, 11:21:35 PM »
Bye Joe.. you were a great husband/father and Grand father.. you will be missed! (Luckily I have downloaded him and he is just about to have a baby with my founder in my game)  ;) Bit cheeky I know!  Great update as always.  :D

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #94 on: October 06, 2014, 11:57:50 PM »
Love the updates! I am really enjoying how you use those visual bugs to your advantage and make them part of the story with humor. Sad Joe is gone but I guess that's just part of the game we all know it's coming when we create them (unless we disable aging). I really enjoyed all of the interactions you had them do with Grim they were amusing. Did Jake loose the fight?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #95 on: October 07, 2014, 12:39:33 AM »
@ Ginj, thanks, no special skills needed, Grim actually hung around for two days. I was starting to think he had joined our family as a glitched non-playable sim  :-[  It was actually pretty hilarious as Grim autonomously helped Kayleigh with her homework etc lol.

@Tigerskin, Joe's actually the first sim I've ever made and played that I've allowed to die! I know, what a big baby I am. I actually felt quite unsettled last night after it all happened.  ::)

@ Ferretmania, love your signature by the way  :D  I know, right, making Grim cry!

@KTK10, nice to know he lives on, that's so cool!

@ justproud2b, Jake totally lost the fight! LOL, that's why he looks so serious afterwards, it was like Grim was telling him off.  ;D I'm so not looking forward to killing off all the other heirs <sigh> least I can play them again in another file and let them live forever!

And just in case you were wondering poor Joe actually died of 'Ultimate Mortification" (don't ask) but it was so undignified that I didn't want to take pictures. More updates soon.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #96 on: October 07, 2014, 01:24:22 AM »
Chapter 24: A Crazy Busy Weekend

Next morning Grim was still here helping Kayleigh with her typing practice. Maybe he does have a conscience after all?

I really missed Dad at breakfast time.

Mum was still broken hearted.

But least Nia and I had some good news to share.

We made a memorial garden for Dad, so that mum could go visit him if she needed to.

I think mum is still in deep grieving. I've heard that it can really mess with your mind.

Grim was definitely enjoying all the attention.

He applauded her romantic poetry that she shared.

But then mum ditched Grim for the Sadness Hotline.

Breakfasts aren't so peaceful anymore. I guess it's a mother-daughter thing. I'll have to talk to Kayleigh about her choice of jokes, especially now with her mother eating for two.

Cassandra's just part of the family. She took chatting to Grim in her stride although she did say to me later that it was a pretty full on household. I did my best to reassure her that it's not always like this. I guess it's up to me to set things right again, now that Dad's gone.

Jon redecorated his room especially for Cassandra moving in. I think it looks really great.

But despite them having their own room I had a really unpleasant surprise when I walked out of my en suite bathroom. Man, this is really getting out of control. I don't know how Dad managed to keep things so calm and happy. I'm going to have to talk to Jon about boundaries and such.

I didn't tell Nia, she'd have hit the roof.

The next morning Nia went into labour seconds before needing to be at work. I had already left, so poor Nia had to manage on her own.

Aww, well done. Welcome little nooboo number two.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #97 on: October 07, 2014, 02:13:04 AM »
Chapter 25: Putting Things Right

Jon really stepped up today. Sometimes I forget that he's only just out of teenagehood. But he rocked our little nooboo,

and did the feeding while we were all out at work.

Cassandra took over for a while so Jon could try to get the game he was making for his boss, finished before his next work day.

After school Cassandra took Kayleigh to the park with her. Cassandra had to wrack up $100 simoleons in tips for one of her goals and Kayleigh wanted to make a friend her own age.

Everyone came back to the house together. Which, in hindsight, perhaps wasn't such a good idea. I hope Kayleigh's young friend doesn't tell his mum and dad about Grim still being here. I don't want anyone getting the wrong impression.

Mum and Cassandra just got on with things and started ignoring Grim. I mean we didn't want to be rude but getting on three days is quite a long time for any house guest.

I completed my second aspiration with these crazy pictures. I have such a different art style to dad but that's ok because when I'm less anxious I can paint classics like that picture of the girl you see there to the right of me.

I finally managed to get some quiet, alone time with my nooboo.

Jon interrupted us to apologize for his behaviour that morning.

I asked him what was honestly going on and he listed quite a few things that were really bothering him. I told him I didn't mind at all that he'd given Cassandra a Potion Of Life. It was totally understandable that they wanted as much time together as possible. To be honest I was a little relieved as I really didn't want to see my baby brother with an elder. I didn't tell him that though. Don't get me wrong, I really like Cassandra, she is the nicest, sweetest lady and Jon totally adores her. I just can't help wondering if their relationship would have become so serious if Dad had still been alive. We didn't need to talk about boundaries and stuff, I know that's going to be ok now.

Alone again.

And finally cuddles with Mum, just before bedtime.

Finally The Reaper left. I'm in no hurry to see him back.

Although mum had a pretty close call a few hours later when one of her bar tricks backfired hugely!

I think dad must still be watching out for her.

And just when I thought life could get any busier... another nooboo!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #98 on: October 07, 2014, 08:06:42 AM »
Wow, I didn't realize Grim could stick around for as long as 3 days -- and after being beaten up, too! Kayleigh is really cute, of course.

As for the bed situation, I really hope that they fix things so people will sleep (and woohoo) in their own beds.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #99 on: October 07, 2014, 08:14:41 AM »
I agree with MarianT grim stayed for quite a bit of time. That's just crazy! Glad things are looking out for the family. That image of Dad looking in the window as a ghost was just great. I actually went aww when I saw it.

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #100 on: October 07, 2014, 08:46:59 AM »
Bye Joe.. you were a great husband/father and Grand father.. you will be missed! (Luckily I have downloaded him and he is just about to have a baby with my founder in my game) 

I have him as a single sim for now, on the look out for love  ;D

Playalot, I tend to not let my sims die either, I find it too sad  :'(

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #101 on: October 07, 2014, 02:01:06 PM »
@ MarionT, when Grim showed up first I was trying to take as many pics as possible, thinking he'd be gone in a minute or two, by the second sim day I hardly looked at him! Then I became nervous as I began to think my game had glitched out bringing the legacy to an end  :-\. Talk about a rollercoaster of emotions. As a character though, he is pretty amusing, if he could play chess that would make him perfect. (Or cards!) The whole bed situation is actually ridiculous. Sims walk out of their own room, down the hall and into another room all the time, then 'shoo' the sim, whose room it actually is, out to woohoo.  :o <gives up>

@ justproud2b. I really wanted Kendra to interact with Joe but I read on Pinstars website somewhere that he hasn't made any rulings about ghosts yet so I just let Joe float around. As a ghost he kept wanting to interact with Kendra, so sweet.

@ Tigerskin,   I've had so much fun with him as he's my test sim for all the skills and careers. I think I liked him best in his astronaut suit, the level 10 one I think it is. (Not the space suit thing).

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #102 on: October 07, 2014, 03:03:04 PM »
Chapter 26: Another Nooboo

Time flys, so did Kalani.

A pretty serious moment in any young boy's life.

Happy Birthday son.

Kayleigh was getting way out of line with her jokes about adults. I told her to tone it down or go to her room.

Kalani's very creative, which, for some weird reason made The Watcher groan and bang her forehead on her desk. What did she expect? We're a family of creative souls.

Kalani became a bit worried about the crayon that became attached to his hand and tearfully asked me if that meant he was cursed.

I assured him that it was sign of greatness and quite unusual in one so young.

He really perked up at that and then began seeing how many different uses he could find for his new 'sign'.

The kids got on great-guns.

Best friends when they realized they both felt the same way about art. I'm glad Kayleigh has a brother, she can be quite a handful and that sense of humour could get her in trouble one day.

They spent most of Sunday working together on Kalani's homework so he could have a head start on school. I've already had the 'you only get out of life what you put in' talk with them. I still remember their granddad having the same talk with me. Seems like only yesterday and in many ways seems like a life time ago.

Jon had a serious crash in his rocket. He had risked going into space without upgrading his landing stabilizers.

Apart from being seriously dazed, he was mostly ok.

Mum cooked up a storm in the kitchen, in fact she'd been cooking a lot recently, the fridge was full to the brim. I asked her if she was planning a party but she just said that she was 'in the mood' and since her food never went off there would be no wastage.

It was probably just as well as Nia didn't feel like cooking at all now with nooboo number 3 nearly here and I was spending every spare moment painting to make enough money for our $25k bills.

Kayleigh definitely takes after her uncle Jon. Her stories are whoppers!

Mum's taking up jogging at night.

She says it helps the long hours pass quicker. She must be missing dad badly. You wouldn't know though, not really, as she keeps busy with the grandkids. When she got home last night Jon was still rebuilding his rocket. He's working flat out too. He's nearly at the top of career and he can't wait for a change.

Next morning Jon and I head off to work. This pictures so reminiscent of the photo that mum has of Jon and I going to school that I just had to include it.

Nia went into labour moments after I left. Again on her own without me.

Nia's a wonderful mother, and along came nooboo number 3.

Nia only had enough time for a quick cuddle then she had to leave for work, so granny took over.

Kayleigh 'forgot' to come home from school that afternoon. I found her down by the swamp nose in a book. At least that's all she was up to.

Kalani had the first day blues, Be alright son, it can only get better!

Life has really become all about the family. I never realized how hard dad worked to make sure everything was good for us all. It makes me appreciate Nia so very much.

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #103 on: October 07, 2014, 03:46:29 PM »
Just got caught up on your legacy! I love how everything's working out, though seeing Joe die was pretty difficult. I love that you allowed the family to grieve for him. My sims just go on about their lives when a sim in the household dies, so it's nice to see how life goes on in your legacy.

Still loving it!

Offline arimau

• Eau Lumineuse
  • Occult
  • Time changes people hearts...
    • arimau's Playground
« Reply #104 on: October 07, 2014, 04:58:31 PM »
Interesting pictures! I saw improvements in your screenshots!

It’s also pretty nice to include Eric in a shoutout. R.I.P, Eric. I’ve never played him, but the way you told his story (even just a small role), makes me want to play him and his family someday. It’s lovely for Kayleigh to take a sweet revenge on Grim. Too bad that didn’t work really well for Jake. R.I.P, Joe! At least you’re still visiting the family to show that you care. 

I enjoy seeing you add little things in your story; I barely have plants in my game haha… (Talking about realism which I was lacked) I agree with redecorating that Jon had made for Cassandra. It suits her well. Jon is a good brother; he took care about his family that made him a sweet brother.

Oh, that’s odd. I suspect that Grim bought Always Welcome from Reward Store! Tsk, tsk, tsk.

I’ve to admit I’m a bit of a control freak myself, I had to control every bit my Sims. So when I saw my Sims lurking around doing anything that’s not part of the plan while I’m not there… That seems so wrong and I was like “nooo”…  But, when I look into another perspective and reassure myself it’s alright, it’s remind me again that “Sometimes there’s something in life that outside your control even you’re doing your best and it’s alright for not to control every bit of everything. Just look into another way.”

And that’s what makes the tale interesting with the randomness that they made; they’re creating their own stories without us. I can’t complain though, because surprisingly that gave us a ton of ideas that we never thought before :) I sense ‘K’ in this generation; does that mean the third also has ‘K’?  What’s the child gender? That really makes me curious.   

P.S: Congrats for 1000 views, Playalot. I happen to catch this one day.
Arimau's Playground
Life Sounds Like (Complete)
This Is I Promise You: Bad Day

"Whatever you are, be a good one" - Abraham Lincoln -
"Because out of the heart's store come the words of the mouth." - unknown -