Author Topic: The Fox Legacy  (Read 134355 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Fox Legacy
« Reply #165 on: October 12, 2014, 02:19:39 AM »
Chapter 33: Jon's Plan

Jon sent me a link to an online dating profile and asked me to check it out. I knew that he was hatching a plan, I was just glad he was sharing it with me so it wouldn't be a surprise. Mind you, I think he's past the age of being daft.

Here's what I read....

Male: Looking for honest female. Age: Young Adult.   Location: Near me. Wanting: New friends, no strings.
I'm great with kids.

I tell wicked jokes.

I'm an excellent listener.

I'm a romantic at heart.

I don't discriminate.

I'm confident that you'll find me irresistible.

I've got a rocket ship.

I enjoy taking friends into space.

You should message me if you think you're the one.

I stared at my phone. Then closed the app. <sigh>
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #166 on: October 12, 2014, 02:24:48 AM »
Oh Jon.

It's nice to see that Cassandra showed up so quickly though! Have you seen Kendra or Joe yet?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #167 on: October 12, 2014, 02:28:09 AM »
@ Devin, next chapter will answer that question...be up in about five or so mins  :)

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #168 on: October 12, 2014, 02:29:38 AM »
Awesome! I've been stalking pretty much all day hoping for an update haha

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #169 on: October 12, 2014, 02:43:17 AM »
Chapter 34: Kalani's Birthday

As I got up to give Kayleigh a hug I thought I caught a glimpse of mum out of the corner of my eye.

But when I looked I couldn't find her. I told Kayleigh how proud I was of her. She had really pulled her head in and had got an 'A' in school as well as getting promoted in her job. Good work Kayleigh.

After the kids had gone to school Nia serenaded me. It was beautiful, she's very talented.

I went upstairs to do some research. I've joined the Special Agent department so I have to hone my research and programming skills.

After work I like to de-stress using the kids gaming system.

It's good fun.

That night we held a family party for Kalani's teen birthday. Kaiden wanted to help me bake the cake.

Kalani was being all 'cool' about blowing his candles out but I could tell he was actually pretty excited.

We all celebrated.

Oh! That's umm, unusual clothing choice there son.

"Hey, yo! You're my bro", laughed Kayleigh but she gave him a huge birthday hug.

After Kalani had a quick wardrobe change we sat down together to eat the birthday cake.

Kalani headed upstairs to get rid of the extra rolly bits.

Then asked his uncle if he'd any replies to his profile.

I didn't wait round to hear his reply, I had to go feed Moo.

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #170 on: October 12, 2014, 03:09:19 AM »
Yeah, I get that.... <obviously> but there's no reason to have the residents (Goths Landgraabs etc) aging because we don't marry them. It's probably a pretty defunct rule now.
If you think about it... the very fact that we DONT marry the Goths etc makes it pretty silly to have aging on. they really are just interesting sims to have in the background... as far as legacy's go that it.
It was different in TS3 when you married the residents and had them as viable partners in your legacy... with TS4, it doesn't make any difference if they age or not. In some ways for the story it would make more sense to have aging OFF (for residents, not random townies)as your sim could have arrived in the immortal worlds and have to go through a 'legacy' so that they too can become immortal like the Goths etc... hmmm, that's a pretty cool story idea!

That is a pretty cool story idea. I actually do the baby thing for people introduced into the story (even as a friend) so to make long term connections. Like 6 generations A might get married Bob B. and long time viewers will go Wow Bob B's family 6 generations ago was the person your sim got into a fight with or was best friends with. Figured it would make like insider things for people.  :)

Loving the story updates! He turned out to be a very handsome young man (glad you gave him a wardrobe change haha)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #171 on: October 12, 2014, 03:14:22 AM »
That's very true justproud2b, generational kids from famous residents are always interesting.
Next 2 updates in a few mins then I can get back to playing! Yeah  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #172 on: October 12, 2014, 03:35:49 AM »
Chapter 35: A Bad Fright

A few days later I had a bad fright. I'd been making health potions at the chemistry lab when it spontaneously caught fire. Dad yelled at us all to route to safety while he tackled the blaze. You can see me running for the front door in this picture.

Mum was completely freaked out. I thought my heart was going to explode out my chest. It was horrible.

Kayleigh gave me a squeezy hug and told me that Dad would take care of it all.

Kalani looked after Mum, I think she got over her initial fright once Kalani had calmed her down. He's good like that.

We chatted for a while till Dad said the coast was clear. Somehow Kayleigh managed to introduce herself to some new neighbours. "What's that Watcher? Yeah, I know, new neighbours, sheesh, calm down, it's not that exciting!".

We got back inside just in time for Kalani to go to work. He's a barrister.. "What now Watcher? Oh, right. He's a barista".

Uncle Jon took me with him to the park. He said he had some gems or something to collect and then he was meeting someone. I was really pleased because I still needed to make five more friends before my birthday party that was happening really soon. Kayleigh and Kalani have both completed their childhood aspirations and I really want to as well. Mine's been hard though because I just couldn't find enough people to talk to.

So, here's me and my two new friends. I actually forgot to ask them their names but that's ok 'cos they said they'd come round and meet Mum and Dad in a few days or so.

Here's Uncle Jon's new friend.

Uncle Jon's got this funny action that he does that makes all the girls swoon. I'm gonna copy him when I get a bit older. It looks cool.
I tried it with Mum but she just laughed. Maybe it doesn't work on Mums.

Here are my new friends, we came back from the park together.

The girls all were pretty good sorts. They asked a lot of questions but that's ok 'cos I like talking. A lot.

Just as the girls left I realized it was time to get ready for Kayleigh's big adult birthday.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #173 on: October 12, 2014, 03:59:00 AM »
Chapter 36: Kayleigh's An Adult

I could hardly believe that we'd made it. Today was the day when my little daughter finally turns into a young adult. Nia and I were proud of her behaviour. She'd taken our advice and focused on her studies and left her aspirations for romance until she was older.
I checked to see where she was and found her and Kalani chatting as they worked out. It was good to see them such good friends.

Little Kaiden was greeting the guests and generally enjoying himself. That kid can sure talk!

He's got this totally innocent face and then he comes out with such funny jokes! I'm sure he's going to be famous one day.

It was nice to have the house full of people again. It has always seemed a bit empty since Mum and Cassandra died.

I went to get the food sorted for Kayleigh's birthday.

Kalani started mixing some drinks.

And before you knew it, we were all chatting, drinking and enjoying each others company.

Kayleigh made a wish. I did too, I wished that my wee girl would grow up wise and successful.

There she goes, a young adult now, in charge of her own life.

Then it was just a big hug fest. Family is everything and I'm so pleased we are all close. it's important to have strong connections and if you haven't got family then you need to have friends. I remember Dad telling me that when I was little.

I think Nia shed a few tears, she's done an amazing job of raising our three.

Aww, Kayleigh will forever be my princess.

At least her and Mitchell haven't made any promises to each other. Early days for that still.

Then, after a new haircut and a new change of clothes, I present my beautiful Kayleigh Fox. Happy Birthday princess.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #174 on: October 12, 2014, 04:15:23 AM »
Kayleigh is still so pretty and Kaiden so cute. i just love the picture of his "innocent face" where he looks up at one of the guests.

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #175 on: October 12, 2014, 12:27:32 PM »
I feel like there's so much for readers to learn from your legacy! You balance family so well, and that's something I generally struggle with. That was one of my main purposes in giving Logan Mullen another chance: I wanted to experiment with working on familiar relationships more, and I'm actually succeeding in keeping her relationship with her husband very high. Most of the time they start to fail after the sim gets pregnant, but this time it's going very well. It's something I can take into generation 2 of the Drake legacy now that I have my wind back to work on them.

You also have a real talent for catching the right moments with your sims. With such a big household, it astonishes me that you're able to successfully keep up with so many sims at the same time and to catch those moments to show to your readers. It's what I'd most like to be able to do, and you do it beautifully. Your sims have so much personality and you capture it so well!

Great updates, as usual. I can't wait to see the next play session!

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #176 on: October 12, 2014, 06:14:08 PM »
Yeah, Kayleigh is going to break a few hearts (oh, that's TS3). Well, anyway, if looks were all she needed, she'd get her aspiration in no time.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #177 on: October 12, 2014, 07:29:58 PM »
@ Devin, that's very nice of you to say but you really should read some of the TS3 legacy stories... they are out of this world good!

@ MarionT, if only that's all it took.  ::)

@ Tipi, it is a pretty cute picture. I think Kayleigh's eyes don't really look like anyone else's in the family but she's looks more like her mother than anyone, I think! lol

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #178 on: October 13, 2014, 02:10:51 PM »
I've never had fire in my games so far. Do your sims automatically run away from it?

Jon is proving to be fun. :D I must say I prefer him instead of Jake. Jake is still too serious. Haha

Kayleigh(3rd gen?) would probably be my new fave after Jon(2nd gen). Her new friends look good. i hope you write more about her and her mischief or adventures.

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #179 on: October 13, 2014, 02:29:11 PM »
I agree with Indira about Kayleigh! I'd love to see more of her and her... friends. :D

anything