Author Topic: The Melapis Immortal Dynasty (new -- October 6)  (Read 36613 times)

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
Re: The Melapis Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2014, 09:38:20 PM »
Gosh, Pinochle really does look like his father doesn't he? The wedding (s) looked great, she looked great in her wedding dress.. Loved J - especially your comment about Don! Hopefully you will get a lovely red headed girl from Nina  ;)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2014, 01:41:15 AM »
What a laugh! J in his speedos, Gavin in his helmet... lol  and little Pinochle ages up into such a wee cutie.  I love your writing style, it's so entertaining.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2014, 01:15:00 PM »
Chapter 4 – Days Off

I have three days off in a row, which means I have some time to work on a few other things. To begin with, Mitch and I went over to Crick Cabana.

He fished and caught an angelfish.

I befriended a certain tree.

It was really pretty in Sylvan Glade, but I wasn't able to find the cherry tree that the Supreme Queen said would be there. It wasn't a big disappointment, as I'm not able to take cuttings yet.

I did find a couple of frogs, however. I plan on breeding them for my collection.

My house party got only a silver medal. Summer Holiday was in a flirty mood, but she was the only one, although Mitchell and Zoe tried to oblige by making out on the couch.

The incognito party the next day went much better. I made a taco casserole...

...and a chocolate cake.

I also made 2 buffalo tea drinks and soon got to level 4 in mixology.

Even though the party got a gold medal, I can't say that we had fun. All of us were exhausted, and Zoe was not happy about being waked up from her nap to get a drink.

We got a great reward, though – a rocket ship that Risk found entertaining, especially when his mother pretended to be a space monster for him.

Risk is going to be a good helper. He doesn't mind doing the dishes, he says, because he gets to have fun the rest of the time.

Pinochle, on the other hand, has to work at his grades and his aspiration. He's done his extra credit work three times, and just has to get to level 4 on the mental skill.

As for me, I'm really enjoying cooking. That's a good thing, because Gavin, J, and Mitch all have birthdays coming up, followed by me and Risk and then Zoe and Pinochle. If I can't get one gold medal out of them, I'm going to hang up my apron.

When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2014, 04:38:16 PM »
Chapter 5 – Birthdays

My first birthday party was for Mitch. We were doing very well – listening to music and feeling playful. I made a cake and several drinks, and then we played cards with him. But the medal-awarding committee didn't feel we played cards enough or played the right game or something, so that was only a silver medal party.

The next day Gavin wrote me a note so I could take the day off work. Unfortunately, he couldn't write a  note for himself, so the next party was only for J. The medal-awarding committee decided this one was worth a gold medal. Besides making gold, I also was able to make 5 gourmet dishes at a single event, satisfying one of my aspiration requirements. But other than that, everyone else was pretty miserable (my singing had nothing to do with that).

In fact, Zoe told me that she definitely did not want a party herself. "I thought when you said we'd have lots of parties, that it would be fun living here," she complained. "But I've peed on myself, I've passed out, and I've gained five pounds from eating cake and taco casserole. Promise me there won't be any more parties."

More like ten, Zoe, I thought, but I told her I was through as a hostess. It wasn't the right time to remind her that Pinochle would have to throw parties, too.

Gavin had his birthday when he came home from work that night. I had already gone to bed, but Zoe and J and Pinochle were still on hand to help him celebrate.

The next day J decided that he would continue to add to the population of Willow Creek and Oasis Springs. Nina had had twins – Kacie and King, but J didn't think that would be enough to help out with future generations. He's been exercising; he thinks it might give him more confidence when wooing the ladies.

He asked me what I thought of the beard, and I said the beard looked fine, just fine.

The first house he went to was the Goths'. Cassandra was a young adult now and well aware that she and Alexander would be the last of their line.

J interspersed compliments with kisses, and soon found his way to Cassandra's bedroom.

The next day, he told me that he didn't like it that Aron would be the only child at Summer Holiday's house, especially since he was a boy. Summer was mad at him, though, because he'd flirted with Nina at one of our parties. So he wooed Liberty Lee instead.

The next birthday was Risk's.

He looks quite a bit like his father but seems to have inherited his mother's build.

His aspiration is to help us out by being a serial romantic, so he's alluring and cheerful in addition to outgoing. J has already started giving him pointers, even though Zoe and I think he's too young.

My birthday was next – I barely had enough time to make my cake after coming home from work.

Pinochle's present was a big hug.

Zoe celebrated her birthday without a party as I'd promised.

Finally, we realized with a shock that Pinochle would become a teen tomorrow. He still was only at level 8 for the creative skill. Would he be able to complete his aspiration in time?

Zoe fixed him a sleep replacement potion and warned him that the formula was to be used, not abused.

Even though he worked quickly, each of Pinochle's drawings was a small classic. He completed the Artistic Prodigy aspiration about two hours before it was time for school.

He didn't have time for cake before going to school, so blew out his candles when he returned home.

Pinochle chose the Painter Extraordinaire aspiration and now loves the outdoors besides being creative.

I didn't get a picture, but when I went to the gym to make some friends, I found Cassandra there. I didn't ask her due date because I didn't want to embarrass her, but she was obviously pregnant. I do hope it's a girl.

(Note: Today is my husband's birthday, so the timing was perfect for this chapter.)

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
Re: The Melapis Immortal Dynasty (new -- Dec. 12)
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2014, 09:15:16 PM »
I really like J's new look and the he is helping to populate the town  ;)  Pinochle grew up very cute! You are going so well, congrats!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2014, 09:19:14 PM »
Woot!  Go Pinochle!  Just out of curiosity, Marian, do you get a notice about babies born off the lot?  Or no?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2014, 09:24:48 PM »
Yes, J gets a phone call. Also, the babies show up in his social section, and you can see enough of their onesies to be able to tell the gender.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2014, 09:27:41 PM »
Oh that's really cool!  Thanks for the info ^^  Looks like you're moving right along there!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2014, 02:53:35 PM »
Gosh! J's doing well in his quest. I can't wait to see how that all plays out in later gens. All those birthdays all at once! Makes for a  busy Watcher.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2014, 03:31:23 PM »
Chapter 6 – Master Chef

I don't know why my job required me to have 5 friends, but who am I to question the dictates of the Supreme Queen? I had some more time off, so I went to Magnolia Park, where I met Dina Caliente and her nephew King, who happens to be one of J's children.

I also went to the gym again and let myself be mentored by a very handsome young man named Dillon Vu. He actually lives in Willow Creek, so I might become good friends with him as well.

I completed my first aspiration -- Master Chef -- by making pancakes instead of my usual salads.

My promotion came with a new refrigerator, so we redecorated the kitchen. The rug is kind of bland, but it's a little warmer than the grays that were available.

I picked up the Never Weary reward, so have had a lovely change from before when it seemed like I was always weary. I think I'm actually going to be able to complete all the requirements for immortality shortly after I become an elder – thanks to all the help I've received. Now that I've become a Master Chef, I've switched my attention to full time gardening and friend-making (and frog-collecting, although I have 8 already, they're just not worth much).

Since I'm doing more gardening, the Patel-Kalanis get to relax more.

Pinochle has begun working on his two aspirations – Painter Extraordinaire and Angling Ace.

This is my favorite picture of the ones he's done so far, and we've decided not to sell it. It has a playful quality that will be nice for parties.

Pinochle also is beginning to take an interest in his responsibilities as an heir, although I'm not sure that asking me to define "woohoo" was where he really wanted to start.

Speaking of woohoo, J is now the father of 5 – Aron Holiday, Kacie and King Caliente, Zachery Goth, and Nataly Lee. Aron came over the other afternoon, and even though he's a loner, he and Pinochle are on their way to becoming good friends.

J is also trying to develop a deeper relationship with Cassandra Goth. He's trying to convince her that he's not just a flirt (although he is – here he's mugging for the camera).

He explained  to her about his commitment issues and told her about giving me help with the dynasty. Then he asked her to be his girlfriend. She told him he was fun to flirt with but she couldn't take him seriously.

J knew that Cassandra and I have become friends, so he asked me to put in a good word for him. He reminded me that he did have some standards – he refuses to get involved with married women or women who were children when he was a young adult. I'm not sure Cassandra was particularly impressed by this information, but I did try.

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
Re: The Melapis Immortal Dynasty (new -- Dec. 14)
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2014, 08:53:57 AM »
The Roomies household wouldn't have been an obvious choice of a helping family to me, but it seems to be working out great for you! Especially J's solution to operation population - brilliant! Good luck trying to convince Cassandra Goth, though - I think she's smarter than most people give her credit for and won't be easily fooled.
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Melapis Immortal Dynasty (new -- Dec. 14)
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2014, 03:48:45 PM »
Whirligig, keep in mind that Cassandra is a sim. Believe me, they're easily fooled.

Chapter 7 – Growing Up

Cassandra keeps coming over to the house, ostensibly to talk to me.

We've had so many chats that we've become best friends.

But it's possible that the real reason she comes over is to see J. They make a cute couple, but there's no way that J can move out, and we don't really have room for Cassandra to move in.

J's twins with Nina Caliente became teenagers, and J invited Kacie to come over. I don't think she was much impressed with Pinochle.

Risk did a little better by telling her a few jokes.

And then both the boys started talking to her.  All that they found out was that she was a bookworm; whether she inherited her mother's temper remains to be seen.

I started writing a cookbook – Salads? Salads!

Pinochle gave me some encouragement. He got a call from the principal telling him that his grades were slipping. He admitted that he has been coasting ever since he got an A.

He's painted another picture that we're going to keep. This one is supposed to make you feel confident, but I think I'd feel pretty nervous if I was trying to climb that mountain.

Speaking of climbing mountains, I have officially completed the Freelance Botanist aspiration and have maxed gardening. All that remains is getting another promotion at work and becoming good friends with 5 more people. Gavin got me a cupcake machine as a congratulatory surprise.

We may have to store it until we can get a locksmith to come over, however. I don't want Pinochle gaining weight now that he's slimmed down, and I need to exercise more myself.

Sunday afternoon we celebrated Risk's birthday. Pinochle arranged a party for him, and it got a gold medal. I was so proud, even though I had to do some work still, baking the cake and bringing our little MySim trophy in from the garden.

Risk is helping out with repairing things. Much of the time we just replace them, but that seems like such a waste.

The next morning, Pinochle got the notification that it was time for his birthday. His father wanted him to wait until he got home from school, but Pinochle said that he'd done his homework so it really didn't matter if he went, he was still going to keep his A. I fixed my signature cake for him (chocolate, with a touch of basil), and he blew out the candles. He's a young adult now and has already found a job at the museum as a Hungry Artist.

(Cassandra had another boy; this one is named Cullen.)

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
Re: The Melapis Immortal Dynasty (new -- Dec. 15)
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2014, 07:35:54 AM »
Happy Birthday Risk & Pinochle! So great to see how well you're progressing.

That cupcake machine reminds me of the candy maker from TS2. :) And I'm with you on the locksmith...lockable doors please, Maxis!

Congrats on the progress you've made - you'll reach immortality yet!
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Melapis Immortal Dynasty (new -- Dec. 15)
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2014, 06:32:36 PM »
Chapter 8 – Growing Old

Mitch was the first to go – I mean to become an elder. It turns out he's 100, which seems too old to me.

J's birthday came on the next day...

...and he was followed by Gavin. They're both 100, too.

J is no longer trying to add to the population of Willow Creek and Oasis Springs. Risk is taking over for him. He came with me to meet Anaya Granger, who should soon become my good friend.

I had to leave early to get ready for work, but Risk stuck around to develop his relationship. Unfortunately, her brother doesn't approve of him, and Risk felt like he was cramping his style.

He invited Anaya over to the house, where we didn't cramp his style at all.

Finally, we all turned our backs so that Risk was able to make his move.

His approach is somewhat more subtle than J's was (at least as far as I can tell.) I do know that J never resorted to subterfuge, like pretending to yawn and stretch.

That seems to be Risk's usual move, though. Here he is with Olivia Spencer-Kim-Lewis.

We had an awkward moment the other day when Risk forgot that he'd invited Olivia over and called up Anaya. He barely had enough time to ask Anaya her due date when Olivia showed up at the door.

The boys have decided they'd rather have exercise equipment in their bedroom than toys and stuffed animals, so we've replaced the upstairs deck with a bedroom.

We set up the Christmas tree in the nursery, but it will be a while before that room has an occupant. There's room for Pinochle to move in a wife, but no room for them to have a child until someone dies.

I've been working at making good friends. Dillon Vu, my personal trainer, is my latest.

I gave Zoe an insta-lean potion, and she felt so much better after losing weight that she went out and got a job in business.

Pinochle is making good progress – fishing (although he's not caught an angelfish yet)...

...and painting. This was his response when I asked him how he felt about the dynasty requirements.

I told him that they do tend to seem overwhelming at the beginning, and I reminded him that the aspiration requirements were much harder in my day.

I realize that's the kind of thing that an old person would say, but today I'm officially an elder.

I had originally planned to keep my hair color, but I like having the pink streaks in the gray, so I'm not changing it.

I need another good friend, and I want to breed a few more frogs, before I can become an immortal. I don't mind waiting a bit though – re-setting my age would be kind of pointless at the moment.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: The Melapis Immortal Dynasty (new -- Dec. 18)
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2014, 06:39:41 PM »
Yeah, the ages are definitely a bit skewed in this one, I think.  It always seems weird when I see that most are 100 or there abouts on aging to elder.  I couldn't help giggle about Risk's blunder.  I had the same thing happen... my founder had a party and invited some of her friends... all of which were pregnant by the same person *ahem*