Author Topic: The Childer Legacy - Chapter 8 - Jan 3, 2015  (Read 16717 times)

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
Re: The Childer Legacy - Chapter 5 Part 2 Dec 29, 2014
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2014, 06:28:50 AM »
Chapter 6 - Twins!

"Mitchell," Astrid gasped, calling to her husband from the loungeroom, "I've just felt a contraction!"

Monday night. It had been a quiet day - Bjoern had gone back to school (the weekend seemed to have lasted forever, and so many boys!). To be honest, Astrid had been rather restless for most of the day. She had tried to paint, but couldn't get comfortable - so she'd decided to take a page out of Mitchell's book and spend the day in bed. It was the last bit of peace she would have for a while.

The anticipation had been too much for her. She couldn't sleep well, and her bladder had shrunk to the size of a pea she was sure. She had just been trying to get a glass of milk - her bones ached and she could use the calcium - when the labour pains began. She made her way to the sofa.

"What was that, honey? I was sort of in the zone writing that routine."

"My contractions have started," she said, in the same tone of voice in which you would remark to someone that it was raining outside.

"Holy Plumbob, Astrid, are you okay? Are you in pain? Can I get you anything, anything at all?"

Mitchell had conveniently been at work when Bjoern was born. He left Astrid at home, and when he got back, there was a baby. She assured him she had delivered at the hospital; a young mother, inexperienced and afraid, of course she had sought professional help. After everything had gone smoothly, she decided this time she could do it herself, at home. After all, it wasn't her first rodeo.

"I'm fine, Mitchell, calm down. I need you to be calm. Can you do that for me?"

Mitchell took a few deep, calming breaths, then became still.

"Yes, Astrid," he said, "I can be calm. I'm completely cool. Cool as a cucumber, that's me, that's what I am right now."

"Do you think Bjoern will be okay? I'm still…" she paused, wincing through another contraction, "I'm still worried about him."

She struggled to get off the sofa once the pain had passed. She collapsed in her husband's arms.

"Everything will be fine, Astrid," Mitchell assured her, "I know it will - now don't worry about that and just breathe deeply for me. Can you do that?"

"I- yes. Yes, I think so."

"Good," said Mitchell.

"I love you, Astrid."

"I love you too," Astrid replied.

With this man by her side, she could do anything. She could face any pain, any heartache. Any --- "Aaaaagh!"

"Mitchell, we may have a slight problem!"

All at once, Astrid was seriously reconsidering her decision to give birth at home.

Several long and painfully arduous hours later, two bassinets were set up in Astrid and Mitchell's bedroom.

And Cecilia, Astrid's second-born, and Daniel, Astrid's third born, were welcomed to the family.

"This is certainly a surprise!" Mitchell remarked.

"It sure is," Astrid replied. Twins - no wonder she had been so restless and exhausted! But finally, a girl, a daughter! She tried not to be too excited - the last thing she needed was to give Bjoern further reason to be envious of the newborns.

"Do you think we can do it?" asked Mitchell, a waver in his voice.

Astrid nodded. "Of course we can."

"You called me, Mom?"

The following afternoon, after school, Astrid was ready to introduce Bjoern to his siblings. He had been asleep when they were born, and they had been asleep before Bjoern had gone to school.

"Yes, Bjoern, I did. Come in, meet your little brother and sister. Be very quiet around the babies, don't make sudden noises or you'll startle them, okay?"

Bjoern nodded.

He couldn't quite name the sentiment - anticipation, dread, fear, and a bit of curiosity. These tiny people were his family now - someone else he could be friends with, or who he could grow to resent for the rest of his life.

He approached the green bassinet tentatively.

"This is Daniel," said Astrid, gently. "He's the younger of the twins."

Bjoern nodded. That meant that Daniel was heir. Everything his mother and father had worked so hard for would be passed on to Daniel to inherit, rather than Bjoern.

But he wasn't angry. He couldn't be - not at one so tiny. The baby gurgled, and little spit bubbles formed around his mouth. He waved his arms about, then let out a small squeal.

"Aww, he's so cute!" Bjoern couldn't help himself.

"And the older of the twins is your sister, Cecilia."

Bjoern was still smiling. A sister, and a spare just like him!

"Hi Cecilia! I'm Bjoern, and I'm your big brother."

Cecilia just looked at him - she seemed a much more peaceful baby, content to simply lie there and look out at the world.

"Don't worry, I'll look after you," he said.

"You okay, champ?" Astrid asked. Bjoern was either taking her words about "no loud noises" to heart, or something was troubling him.

"I feel weird," he confided in his mother. "They're so small and helpless and, I mean really, all she did was coo at me, but they make me feel...warm?"

Astrid smiled, and bent down to look her eldest in he eyes. "That's called love, Bjoern. I feel the same way when I look at them, and I felt the same way the first time I held you in my arms.

"Huh," he said, turning back to the babies, "love."

"I don't think we need to worry about Bjoern, Mitchell. He certainly seemed to have warmed up to the twins yesterday afternoon." Astrid told her husband.

"I didn't think we needed to worry. Bjoern's a good kid - we've done well with him, Astrid."

"I just...wonder," she lowered her voice to barely a whisper "Where did my mother go wrong?"

"Aurgh - flarn! For Plumbob's sake, I hope I didn't loose that entire routine!"

Astrid sighed. "How many times do I have to remind you to SAVE - FREQUENTLY! Especially with that hunk of junk of a computer." She returned Daniel to his cradle and turned to the computer.

"Step aside Mitchell, I'll fix it."

"There, all done. Looks like there's a fairly recent backup, too."

"Oh, thank goodness," Mitchell breathed a sigh of relief.

Truth be told, Astrid usually didn't really mind being the glue that bound the family - and, at times, the house itself, together. Her existence was humble yet purposeful - she had a husband and three children to devote herself to, after all.

Mitchell tried, but he was a bit - absent-minded at times. He made friends with the neighbourhood (no doubt where Bjoern got his social streak), and he wrote his jokes and comedy routines and that essentially summed up his life.

Despite his flaws, Astrid did love him more and more each day. He was a loving and faithful husband, and a good father who did his best to carry his share of the weight. He encouraged Astrid to achieve her goals as much as she encouraged him to achieve his. They had a wonderful partnership going on, of that there was no doubt.

But sometimes, even the ever-patient Astrid would lose her cool with all the things breaking around the house that were left to her to fix.

One day it was the toilet.

Just a few days ago it was the stereo.

Now, she grunted as she took a wrench to the kitchen sink. She was a neat sim, and the puddles were enough to drive her crazy at times.

Mitchell was trying to help as much as he knew how to, but that lazy trait of his could set her over the edge more often than not.

Between repairing and cooking and cleaning and working and painting (which she did love, through recently it was starting to feel more and more like a chore) Astrid needed some time for herself, a change of pace. She would be an adult soon - only a few days away - but she felt like she was experiencing a bit of a mid-life crisis prematurely. Something needed to change - the house needed to be expanded, or she needed an evening to herself with no responsibilities. Her first days as a legacy founder had been difficult, but they had also been peaceful.

The daily grind was really wearing her down, but as long as her family needed her, there was no sign of it letting up any time soon.
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: The Childer Legacy - Chapter 6 - Dec 29, 2014
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2014, 10:56:42 AM »
Awwww, watching Bjoren with the babies was adorable!  And poor Astrid... twins!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2014, 02:37:44 AM »
Twins!! At least they were one of each! I just love how Bjoern handled everything and how you wrote his childlike ways.  :D

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2015, 03:11:45 AM »
Awwww, watching Bjoren with the babies was adorable!  And poor Astrid... twins!
Thanks Shewolf! I'm not typically a fan of multiples, but I found a thread mentioning that the odds for multiples were increased after the careers patch, so I had a feeling Astrid was carrying more than one child in there.

Twins!! At least they were one of each! I just love how Bjoern handled everything and how you wrote his childlike ways.  :D

Thanks KTK. I have found it surprisingly easy to write kids in this legacy - I'm glad you're enjoying it. And I am grateful for at least one girl. My game leans heavily towards boys, as I think Cecelia is the second girl I've had born in game.
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2015, 06:24:25 PM »
Chapter 7 - All Grown Up

The day before the twins birthday also happened to be the day that Bjoern brought home an A grade on his report card. This gave him a new resolve to succeed - he would be a teenager at the end of the week, and he still needed one more kid friend and two adult friends before he could finish his aspiration!

He invited Stuart over to watch cartoons and the two had a bit of a chat, too. Bjoern already knew Stuart really well, and was actually wondering how it was that he didn't already consider Bjoern a friend.

Two jokes and a hug later, however, their friendship was sealed.

"Dad, Dad!" Bjoern shouted, tearing out the front door, across the deck and down the steps to the street. "Dad, I need to make two more, all-grown-up friends! Can you introduce me to some of yours?"

"Hey, there champ," Mitchell replied with a laugh. "I sure can! This here is Bella Goth."

"Oh wowee!" gasped Bjoern, "My Mom says you're a very famous sim! If I become friends with you, I'll be friends with a celebrity! This is so great! Thanks, Dad!"

Bella laughed, flattered and also a bit curious about the enthusiasm of the child.

"Come inside," said Bjoern, "and I'll show you our twins and also my computer. I have a pretty high score on Blickblock. I bet you can't beat me!"

While Bella was busied with Bjoern's Blickblock score, Stuart was infatuated with little Cecelia.

"Mr. Childer, sir. She's crying and I can't get her stop," he said, waving his hands over the child's bassinet to try to calm her down.

"Stuart, babies cry when they need something, and right now I think Cecelia needs to be fed. Could you maybe play with Daniel for a bit so I can feed her?"

All afternoon, Bjoern focussed his attention on the woman in the red dress, determined to make her a friend. She was friendly enough, too, that Bjoern had little difficulty doing so. By the end of the night, the two of them were indeed friends, and Bjoern needed only one more adult to officially declare himself a social butterfly.

"You okay lovely," Mitchell asked his wife that night. "You've been a little bit down lately, I've noticed."

Astrid managed a smile. "I'm okay, just...tired. I feel like we do the same thing every day, and I'm also looking forward to a full-night's sleep."

Mitchell chuckled. He could completely relate to that sentiment. No sooner was one of the twins fed, changed and entertained than the other needed attention. Neither Mitchell nor Astrid could remember the last time they had felt fully rested.

"Well, I suppose we can all look forward to tomorrow when both you and the twins will be aging up. I expect we'll be throwing another big shindig?"

"We will be," Astrid sighed. Of course there would be a birthday party - no birthday would pass without a party in this legacy as long as she had anything to do with it. But she just wasn't sure if she really wanted one.

The following day, her home was filled with the expected motley crew of townies and townspeople, and Astrid, Mitchell and Bjoern found themselves working harder than usual to complete all the requirements for the party.

Mitchell, for instance, had to brush up on his Mixology skill which, after lying dormant since he moved in with Astrid in the first place, was a little bit rusty.

Astrid baked the cake herself, as usual, and blew out the candles to much fanfare.

And though should couldn't have said, exactly, that she was looking forward to this particular party, something about the fanfare and celebration left with a slight sense of optimism for the years to come.

Her young adult years had been years of exciting changes and new beginnings. She had met and married Mitchell, and given birth to three beautiful children - so what if there was a little bit of extra flab around her belly as a result? She could lose weight later. Even still, she sometimes couldn't believe that she had made them. She had started on a lawn with nothing, but now after a mere 20 days, she had a 3-bedroom house with paint on the walls and all the comforts of home.

She was feeling quite accomplished. The first years hadn't been easy (nothing worth doing ever was), but they had been good years. Now, Astrid was all grown up, with even more time to seize and claim as her own. There was so much more she wanted to accomplish, after all.

And she and Mitchell had, of course, once again obtained a gold medal birthday party.

There was one more thing to do before the party was fully complete, however, and that was to welcome Cecelia and Daniel into the world of "Thank plumbob you can pee in the toilet and feed yourself now."

First up was Cecelia, who must have been rather inspired by the hours her brother spent at the computer playing games, for she, too, appeared to have the same love for games and knack for collecting that Bjoern had. Though rather than collect friends, as Bjoern had, Cecelia fancied herself quite the sportswoman and chose to devote her childhood to spending as many hours on the monkey bars as possible.

Cece was followed closely by Daniel, who proved to have more brains than anyone in the family, but was also inspired by his mother's love of the line and colour and would devote his childhood to artistic discovery and development.

And once the party had cleared up, the kids were allowed to select their desired looks, and then they got to play with their new toys.

"But Cece, that's meant to be my activity table!" Daniel scoffed.

"So what?" Cece replied, "You can share. I'll let you play on the monkey bars, too, once Mom and Dad buy some. I want to colour."

"Okay, fine, but as soon as you finish with that picture, it's my turn!" Daniel demanded.

"There, happy now?"

"Yes, Cece, thank you."

"Hey you two," said Bjoren tentatively. "What are you up to?"

"Just drawing an' playing with our new toys," answered Daniel, reaching for a new piece of paper and some glitter.

"What are you up to, Bjoern?" asked Cece.

"Oh," said Bjoern meekly, "I was, um, just going to...dance for a bit. To raise my fun."

"That's silly!" exclaimed Cecelia, "why don't you play with some toys, too?"

"Um, no thanks, Cece," said Bjoern, "I think I'm going to go play instead."

Bjoern hadn't had toys. He supposed it was because they weren't really necessary. He'd had computer games and a chess board and lots of friends over to dance and play with. Mom and Dad had always told him that they couldn't right now 'cause they didn't have the money.

So why did the twins get shiny new things? It didn't seem fair to him.

And then when they got home from school together on Friday afternoon, Astrid and Mitchell were both still at work. So instead of getting the leftover french toast out of the fridge like Mom had told them to, Cece and Daniel decided to eat chips.

"Mom told us to eat the leftovers  when we got home, Cece," Bjoern tried to tell her. "Why are you two eating chips?"

"Leftovers are gross, right Daniel? I like chips better anyways,"

"But Mom said to eat the French Toast," Bjoern protested.

"Relax Bjoern," said Daniel. "It's not like Mom's going to do anything."

Bjoern stiffened. He was very confused.

Why did he dislike the twins so much, yet love them at the same time? Cece was infuriating and Daniel was just so calm and it annoyed Bjoern immensely.

"I don't understand it, Mr. Andersen. I mean, I care about my brother and sister, but sometimes they make me so mad. Like when I was littler the only toy mom bought for me was the violin. So I had to dance or play chess or play games to have fun and build my skill. Now suddenly Daniel gets a drawing table and a toybox and Cece gets a set of monkey bars in the yard and I still don't have nothing. Plus Cece misbehaves some, and Daniel listens to her and not to me!"

"You're right," William said with a slight sigh, "that doesn't really seem fair."

"But I still love them."

"Of course you do, kid. They're your family. And sometimes life doesn't seem fair - sometimes the other kids seem to have it all so much better than us, don't they? But that's why you shouldn't worry about what other people think or have, kid. You should just worry about being yourself, accomplishing your goals and being the best you that you can possibly be.

And at the end of the day, it's all about your attitude, kid. 'Cause I promise you that this ain't the first time life's not going to treat you fair. It's gonna happen again and again. And if you can accept what happens and move on, or face life's problem's with a good attitude, you're gonna be a whole lot better off. D'you get my drift?"

Bjoern nodded solemnly.

"I think so, Mr. Andersen," he said. "So I should try not to be mad at Daniel and Cecelia because they have nicer things than me, and just focus on me being me, yeah?"

"That's what I'm saying kid. You're a good kid. You're smart, you get all As in school and I can tell you know your stuff. I've been friends with your Dad for a long time, and I know he's pretty darn proud of you, kid. I think you'll do well in life, whether you stay here, or choose your own path."

"Mr. Andersen, you're really smart. Can I get a photo with you? I think I just finished my aspiration 'cause we're friends now, aren't we?"

"We sure are kid," William Andersen replied. "And if you ever need me, you know where to find me."

"Thanks again," said Bjoern before holding up his phone. "Say Angee!"

"Angee!"
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
Re: The Childer Legacy - Chapter 7 - Jan 2 2015(!)
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2015, 06:38:15 PM »
Oh dear.. I sense some trouble coming up soon  :( Poor Bjoern

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2015, 07:41:19 PM »
Poor thing.  It's good he could talk it out with someone though.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2015, 01:20:00 AM »
How true to life... being the eldest child can really be stink at times! Beautifully written as always Whirligig.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2015, 09:17:04 AM »
Oh dear.. I sense some trouble coming up soon  :( Poor Bjoern
Poor thing.  It's good he could talk it out with someone though.
How true to life... being the eldest child can really be stink at times! Beautifully written as always Whirligig.  :)
Thanks for your comments (I swear the three of you are the most faithful of readers on this board - it's so lovely!).

I can so relate to being the eldest - it really sucks at times. But Bjoern's a trooper, he'll get by with a little help from his friends. I'm kind of regretting that heirship rule as I'm kind of loving Bjoern. Hopefully after the next chapter or two I'll be able to pull the focus away from him and onto Daniel (who will, like as not, be the Gen 2 heir 'cause I don't think Astrid and Mitchell want or can afford more kids!).

I'll either have a new chapter tonight or first thing tomorrow (depending on how long imgur takes tonight - last night it was like watching paint dry). I'm trying not to play too far ahead of the story - doing that leads to a nasty catch 22 where you struggle to write updates 'cause you can't remember what happened, so you play further ahead (which means you struggle to write updates because you can't remember what happened), or stop playing altogether, telling yourself you can play when you've written up all your updates (which you're struggling with, because it's been so long that you can't remember what happened).
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2015, 05:10:55 PM »
If I can't remember exactly what happened, I make it up XD Or I keep obsessive notes, depending.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2015, 05:17:42 PM »
I do the same thing!! I actually never have a plan - just take screenshots that look ok and hope that the bunch of them will bring a story together  ;)

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2015, 07:38:04 PM »
Chapter Eight - (Another) Dance Party

Mr. Andersen was right, Bjoern had decided. He had told him lots of things that Mom and Dad had told him before. Sometimes life isn't fair, and the sooner he could accept that, it seemed, the more content he would be. So maybe he wasn't destined to become BFFs with either of his siblings. That was okay - Elijah was still his BFF.

And it wasn't like the toys Mom and Dad had purchased for the twins were anything flash. The purple alien didn't do much. There were only so many things one could do with markers, glitter and pasta. The monkey bars were fun the first twenty times you crossed them, but after that, what?

Bjoern had something much better than a bunch of toys.

Bjoern had friends.

"Elijah!"

"Bjoern!"

Bjoern instantly felt better.

"Siblings troubling you?" Elijah asked.

Bjoern nodded. "Cecelia's such a little imp and Daniel just does whatever she does. I think they have a secret language, too."

"That's...actually kinda cool!"

"No, it's not cool. It sucks," said Bjoern, indignant.

"Right, sorry, it sucks." Elijah replied. "Look, my sister is lame and annoying too. Like sometimes, she takes for-e-ver in the bathroom and Mom has to yell at her to come out so I can go pee. Also she's been calling me stinkbrain for as long as I can remember."

"Ouch, that sucks. I feel you, bro."

The boys then spent the rest of that Sunday morning bonding over the woes of having siblings.

It was, after all, the last day Bjoern would get to spend with his childhood friends as, well, children. Tomorrow afternoon he would be a teenager.

The twins, on the other hand, decided to spend their weekend in the most constructive way possible: working on schoolwork and aspirations.

Mitchell happily helped Daniel out with his homework.

Then, Daniel played with some of his toys for a little while, too. His favourite was the action figure that looked a bit like a prince. Maybe he could be someone's prince one day? He was the heir in the legacy, after all, and that was sort of like being a Prince, right? Surely there would be a princess out there somewhere he could rescue.

He also soon discovered his big brother's violin. He couldn't decide which medium for expressing himself he preferred after that - the "music" of the violin, or the paints at the activity table.

Cece actually preferred the computer, but as long as it was otherwise occupied, she made use of the new monkey bars for building her motor skill. A few hours of practice and she was growing quite adept at crossing the structure two bars at a time!

She soon developed even more tricks. Like hanging upside down while still maintaining a perfect bob - that was impressive.

After spending the morning with Elijah, Bjoern decided to invite his other friends over again. So soon Stuart, Brice and Elliot came over. Refreshingly, they showed little interest in the twins' toys but were happy to chat and play with Bjoern, and with the chess table. Their usual childlike silliness ensued.

Followed by another dance party.

"Hey kids, have you heard my routine about a life without cookies?"

"Yes, Dad," said Bjoern. He was too old for that one. Or any of them - he was starting to feel embarrassed by his Dad telling jokes in front of his friends.

"I haven't, Mr. Childer," said Elliot.

"Oh gosh. Just ignore him, Stuart. Follow my lead instead."

"Watcha guys doing?"

Bjoern groaned. "Go away Cece. Go play on the monkey bars."

"No way!" Cecelia replied. "I've been playing on the monkey bars all morning! I wanna play with you an' your friends!"

"We're not playing," said Stuart, "We're dancing."

"Come on you guys, can't she join us?" asked Elliot.

"Thank you, Elliot," said Cecelia, taking a seat on the couch next to him. "You clearly know how to treat a lady."

Bjoern chortled. "You? A lady? That's funny."

"Hey kids," came Mitchell's deep voice (rather loudly, through the microphone, "I hope you're all getting along."

"Of course we are," said Cece, innocently. Bjoern glared.

The dance parties had been much more fun when the twins were still growing inside Mom's tummy.

He couldn't wait until tomorrow, when he wouldn't have to play with the twins anymore on account of being too old for playing. Once, the thought had shocked him - grown ups were boring, who would want to be one of them?

But they were also smart. They knew what to do - Mom and Dad could do whatever they wanted, but they always did what was right. Mr Andersen and Bella Goth, they too had lots of knowledge and Bjoern wanted a part of it.

If being a grown-up meant not being mad at his sister when all he really wanted to do was hug her, and not being resentful of his brother for bein' the heir because he really just wanted to be proud of Daniel for bein' so smart - well, Bjoern would gladly take the cake.

"Promise you won't forget us, Bjoern, when you're a teenager?" asked Elliott, deeply concerned.

"Nah, of course not!" Bjoern replied, "you guys'll always be my best mates, right 'Lijah?"

"Of course," Elijah nodded. "'sides, it won't be long before all of us will be teenagers, too. Won't that be fun?"

"Heaps of fun," Bjoern nodded.

"Okay," he said, calling the attention of everyone in the room, "I'm ready to blow out the candles!"

Bjoern closed his eyes and made a wish. He wished he could get along better with his siblings, and he wished he and Elijah really could be Best Friends Forever, until they were old and grey. Surely that wasn't too much to ask for, was it?

As for the aspects of his personality, which was still very much developing, he decided he really would try to catch some of the biggest fish that swam in Willow Creek.  Fishing was a nice, relaxing sport after all, that a lazy sim (surely he was the Son of Mitchell Kalani) such as himself might enjoy.

As for the party itself? Well, everything went swimmingly. Mitchell provided the entertainment for the evening, and though it wasn't his preferred medium, he was still able to play a handful of Blues tunes reasonably well.

Astrid's cake was, as usual, a hit.

And before the night was over, Bjoern had, as if by some miracle, received a heartfelt compliment from each and every member of the family (Even Cecelia - it was almost as if she wasn't quite acting of her own accord). And another 3 party points were earned for the Childer legacy.

Finally Bjoern made it to the dresser (they had 3 of these, now, and would probably sell the next one they got) to don some attire appropriate for an outdoorsman such as himself. He also had time to reflect on his childhood. It hadn't been easy - there had been some ups and downs. But Bjoern had met some wonderful people and made a lot of friends. He was grateful for all of them - Elijah especially, and he had a feeling he would be needing his friends a lot more in the coming days and weeks.
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: The Childer Legacy - Chapter 8 - Jan 3, 2015
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2015, 08:25:37 PM »
You write so well ^^ And so realistic!  Love it!

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2015, 11:48:24 PM »
I just love Bjoern! I will be sorry when Daniel takes over! hahaha

Offline arimau

• Eau Lumineuse
  • Occult
  • Time changes people hearts...
    • arimau's Playground
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2015, 02:33:58 AM »
I just love the name of children that appears in your story ^^

See—Astrid is so random, even during her childbirth. That’s her charming point, I wonder if she’d stay like that. I bet without Astrid the household would be lonely. Seeing Astrid kind of remind me of my Gran, she’s a super woman just like her ^^

Your story filled with valuable lessons as well, and it’s so clear how you deliver it.

I’ll look forward for Bjoern and Elijah’s tale in the future!
Arimau's Playground
Life Sounds Like (Complete)
This Is I Promise You: Bad Day

"Whatever you are, be a good one" - Abraham Lincoln -
"Because out of the heart's store come the words of the mouth." - unknown -