Author Topic: Chant Immortal Dynasty - Failed  (Read 32687 times)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Re: Chant Immortal Dynasty: Please vote! (Updated 25/1)
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2015, 10:42:43 AM »
So Long And Thanks For All The Fish (And Food)

Dear NJ,

This update can only mean one thing. The Landgraabs passed away. Coming from a Life State Dynasty I'm not used to seeing household members die. Hearing Nancy scream 'No!', brought everyone to the living room where she had been watching TV with her husband. We were all crying and though I hate to have been so rude I checked Geoffrey's inventory to make sure Nancy hadn't slipped him a Death Flower.

Then he appeared. The Grim Reaper checked his list and sure enough Geoffrey's name was right at the top. Before we could say goodbye, the scythe cut through the air and all that remained was an urn.

While most of us were still in mourning, Ely struck up a conversation with the Reaper until I interrupted and gave him a piece of my mind.

I'm just doing my job, he said and disappeared leaving vile smoke behind.

I had reached the top of my career that day and got a beautiful new guitar. I decided to dedicate a song in Geoffrey's honour and let my fingers pluck away and my mind remember all he had done for our Dynasty. He had never got the chance to make Ambrosia but he had shared his knowledge with Malcolm who would now be taking over from his Dad.

Nancy tried all sorts of things to fill the gap her husband had left behind. She swam, surfed through channels and picked up gardening again to bring back dying plants Colten had left too long. The next evening that was where Grim found her.

To my surprise it was  Malcolm who confronted Grim and started to hurl insults at him - his relationship with his mother had deterred again to the point they despised each other. They went back and forth until a death knell was heard and Grim went on his merry way.

Geoffrey Landgraab had fathered only a few children in town and although he kept in touch once in a while, it was Malcolm and Colten who had half his heart. His other half belonged to his wife. He was a superb cook who always fulfilled the cooking requirements of every party - failed and successful - and constantly keeping the house entertained.

Nancy Landgraab and I got off on the wrong foot but she became like a second Mum to both me and my daughter. She had caused a rift between her family after divorcing Geoffrey - we don't blame her for getting upset about her husband's infidelity - but her relationship produced Colten. I have never known such a sweet boy and I can't tell you how overjoyed he was at having been accepted as a Landgraab and his parents deciding to have a happily ever after. And how can I forget all the Angelfish and Death Flowers we wouldn't have without her?

A fond farewell to Geoffrey and Nancy Landgraab - beloved parents and our extended family.

Love, JC.

Dear readers,

I thought you might like to know what happened in the real divorce scene. Geoffrey kept flirting with Nancy and Johnny didn't get upset. They even woohooed and afterwards Johnny went and kissed Nancy, until I had to stop everything and get them all angry and do mean interactions. Even then Geoffrey - being such a darling - was still in love with his wife.

Love, NJ.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
Re: Chant Immortal Dynasty: Please vote! (Updated 26/1)
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2015, 01:07:45 AM »
Oh that was so sweet  :'( I can't believe that Geoffrey held onto his love for Nancy so strongly! Great update NJ

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2015, 05:47:22 AM »
@KTK10 I know, right? I felt so bad to have them break up for the purpose of the story but it was amazing how fast they got back together again. I never gave the Landgraabs much of a chance in Sims 3 so I'm extremely pleased they have become my favourite couple of Sims 4.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2015, 12:58:04 PM »
Thoroughly enjoyed the title of that update.  Hitchhiker's Guide.
I've played games where I'd broken up the Landgraabs in Sims 3, but I guess I never really gave them a shot as a couple.  How unfair of me.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2015, 09:36:39 AM »
@PeregrineTook I knew from the very beginning what chapter title to have when Nancy died, I sort of don't need Angelfish for at least  four generations. I'm wondering if I should reinstall Sims 3 and give the Landgraabs a playthrough for fun.

Voting is now over and thanks to everyone who participated ;D

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Chant Immortal Dynasty - Chapter Six (26/1/15)
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2015, 11:19:32 AM »
I thought I'd commented on this... grrr... anyway, that was a lovely chapter.  Poor Nancy and Geoffrey.  So sad, but so beautiful too.  At least now they can rest with one another.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2015, 11:33:08 AM »
@Shewolf13 I was sure they would be around a little longer, and I forgot to get some nice screenshots to use before the graves =(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2015, 11:44:33 AM »
And The Winner Is...?

Hey NJ,

I must say I'm not at all surprised (though absolutely thrilled) with the voting results. Poor Alex only got two votes. Hang on, I felt something cold walk past me. Hmm, nothing there.

I called Alex and broke up with him, to be honest I look more upset than he does, don't you think? Anyway, we remain good friends and we're family now. Or we will be in the near future - his sister Jacqueline is J's daughter with Bella.

Go away or someone's getting tasered, I said.

Just 'cause they can't have any more babies doesn't mean they need to have a snogfest to be included in my e-mail. Some people!

Jaime came over and when we were about to promise ourselves to one other, who shows up? Oh, Uncle Geoff, you know me so well you have to butt in during the best parts! Things became a bit awkward. Jaime didn't like Uncle Geoff's presence and Uncle Geoff made clear what he thought of Jaime by haunting the TV and breaking it.

Soon it was my young adult birthday. I didn't host a party, knowing full well it would be a failure so it was a private affair and Jaime was still at school so I didn't feel like celebrating.

Just a few days later though, he aged up and was moved in pronto. Shock! Horror! He has the non-committal trait. Face-palm. Well, that's another thing he takes after his Dad.

Yo, Plumbob.

Aw, he's soo cuute.

I don't want to start working yet so I arranged a weekend away to Granite Falls for myself, Jaime, Colten and Olivia. We rented Lakeside Retreat as we had plenty of money and it had two double beds in case, you know, things go according to plan.

I can't get over how gorgeous Jaime is, I've totally forgotten my crush on J (good luck to Mum with that). Though he doesn't want to settle down yet he is at least being the perfect boyfriend. (I think I can get used to holding hands for now!)

Colten made lunch with fresh fish and spring asparagus. He took to Jamie right away after finding they both have a love for the outdoors and were chatting away like old friends.

Olivia and I indulged on girl talk. Meaning I asked if she and Colten had sealed the deal yet but she wouldn't give anything away.

Our evening was spent warming ourselves by the fire and again the boys pretty much were off in their own world. Olivia told me a ghost story, little did she know I'd already met my first ghost so it wasn't as scary as I thought it'd be.

On Sunday we broke off into our couples group. Colten and Olivia made new memories and, judging by the smell permeating from the downstairs bathroom later, they were also creating new life.

Jamie and I went hiking. We didn't see any bears but there was a HUGE mascot statue in the middle of the camping ground - it actually reminds me of Chopper.

Hmpf!

I totally get what Malcolm and Cassie find so appealing about kissing.

After we got back home Colten had all but forgotten about his other female acquaintances. He looked so dumbfounded when Jacqueline announced her pregnancy but he soon warmed to the idea of being a father. He would have to as his kids would be born around the same time.

His one true love was Olivia though. She stayed over almost every day and Colten waited on her hand and foot, giving her massages, preparing gourmet meals he'd learned from Malcolm and babbling nonsense to his unborn baby.

Uncle Geoff had left the spirit world to visit us often but the first time Aunty Nance ventured out, Malcolm was waiting for her with a hug and she didn't leave his side until early the next day.

That's all for now. Hugs and kisses from Elysium.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Chant Immortal Dynasty - Chapter Seven (29/1/15)
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2015, 11:52:55 AM »
Cute.  The couples retreat was a very charming addition to the storyline.
Of course, the ghost uncle breaking up couple time was my favorite  ;=)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2015, 01:24:17 PM »
*chuckles at Geoffrey*  That was cute.  The couples retreat was great. Can't wait to see Colten's nooboos!

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2015, 01:41:03 PM »
Oh how amazing that Nancy came out and sat with Malcolm the entire night.. There are some amazing screenshots and I loved their camping trip!

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2015, 06:53:16 PM »
@PeregrineTook Got to love Geoffrey for being his usual self even as a ghost   :)
@Shewolf13 I'm also eager to meet his kids, they're babies as of this moment and should be aging up when I next play.
@KTK10 It's really odd to have them become friends, but so sweet too. In life it was one mean interaction after another with the two of them  ::)

I was hoping to send them to the campground for a more outdoorsy experience but tents are bugged for me and only worked on the home lot. Being lazy I didn't have the energy to build my own lot in a different save file.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2015, 06:25:36 AM »
No Good Advice

Dear NJ,

I thought I'd ask the Chant household for advice this time.

... phone records, past relationships and ...

No.

... broken bones heal, I hear.

Nope.

What? There's no way I'd have a ring on my finger, kiddo.

I wasn't asking him!

Looks like I'll have to handle this all by myself.

I ambushed Jamie in the bathroom - I hear this was the norm in the 'old days' - and though the floor hadn't been cleaned in ages I got down on my knee. The ring slipped out of my fingers but I scrambled around for it and grinned widely (insanely?) as I proposed to my non-committal boyfriend.

Who accepted right away! (I stressed over nothing...)

The wedding was planned right away, though I had to quickly visit the BFF household to make acquaintances with Jaime's family so they could be invited. Also on the list was Olivia, India Patel and the Goths.

Unlike Mum and Dad's wedding it was just us and our extended family. J and Malcolm were able to join in rather than spend the entire time cooking or tending the bar. Someone really needs to sort out the wedding area, there weren't enough seats and both Summer and Bella gravitated towards J. Mum beat them both to Dad's annoyance.

When we could wait no more (time was running out, I get why Mum stresses over these things) we said our vows. I slid the ring onto Jaime's finger before he could even think of changing his mind.

Malcolm had baked two cakes and still people were stamping their feet in anger for missing out. My 'almost' mother-in-law sat beside me, leaving Jaime to deal with my parents. Dad's 'friendly' hug looked so painful, Bella and I winced in unison.

Love you, hun.

Love you, too, Jaime.

Jaime and I slipped away from the celebrations to try for a baby - our parents weren't getting any younger, in fact it would be their birthdays the very next day. It's almost a sin how quickly I got pregnant and ran for the toilet.

Darling, I'm pregnant. Yay!

Noooo! I mean, that's wonderful news, hun.

See you next time, I can't wait to meet my baby. Hugs and kisses from Elysium.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Chant Immortal Dynasty - Chapter Eight (30/1/15)
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2015, 07:33:09 AM »
Hahahaha, loved the shot of him responding to the pregnancy news! 
I'm hoping his commitment issues won't pose problems as you move forward.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: Chant Immortal Dynasty - Chapter Eight (30/1/15)
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2015, 07:34:16 AM »
You are a great writer! I'm a just read this whole thing. Get take on the email thing. I can't wait for for more.

anything