Author Topic: Chant Immortal Dynasty - Failed  (Read 32692 times)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Chant Immortal Dynasty - Chapter Thirteen (08/02/15)
« Reply #90 on: February 08, 2015, 01:28:46 PM »
Kestrel is such a sweetie!  She's adorable.  Oh no!  *sniffle* I'm afraid to see who it was.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #91 on: February 08, 2015, 06:22:17 PM »
@weaselpie14 Thank you  ;D I find her very easy to write but she does most of the work.
@PeregrineTook Me too. I thought I'd still only be with my founder but playing has been a lot of fun I can't seem to stop, lol. Kestrel surprises me at every turn.
@Playalot Never have I found Malcolm to be so annoying, I'll be glad when he's gone, lol.
@Shewolf13 She certainly is, she's the sort of character I never play so I'm happy she is well liked.

The Sim who died just broke my heart. I didn't really care as much during Sims 3, perhaps because I failed way too much, but it's different with Sims 4.

On another note, is anyone confused to who is saying what when I have the dialogue in italics? I can add he said/she said, please let me know as it makes perfect sense to me but I'm the writer so it's obvious.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #92 on: February 09, 2015, 08:08:21 AM »
Oh I am actually scared to see who grim came for.. gosh I hope it wasn't .. nope.. not going to say his name! You have Kestrel's personality coming through loud and clear and it is amazing. I'm ok with you not putting who said what, but I did have to read through it a couple of times to work it out.. but I am old and tired!  ;)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #93 on: February 09, 2015, 09:19:59 AM »
I'm loving it.  The way it's written to me tells who is speaking. And also I'm worried ace to who grim came for

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #94 on: February 09, 2015, 01:06:45 PM »
@KTK10 I'm so glad kestrel is liked, I had a feeling she would be seen as evil but so glad there are many shades of grey in her too.
@sdhoey Thanks, I will be re-editing some of the posts where my sister said it confused her.

Well, the next update is coming up  :'(

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #95 on: February 09, 2015, 01:14:58 PM »
Sorrow

Hey NJ,

You were probably expecting Mum to write this but she doesn't have the strength to do anything right now. Dad passed away during one of his early morning swims. Only Mum and I were awake having breakfast so we didn't know if he'd actually drowned or died of old age. We tried to dive in to no avail - Grim had already claimed his soul.

Mum responded to Dad's death in the only way she knew how. No one had the right to complain about the missed notes and angry bashing of keys that day.

J wondered what all the noise was about. He didn't say a word when I told him and simply nodded when I asked if he wanted to be left alone.

Kes called Debbie. The little sweetheart consoled my baby and I just stood there, not knowing what to do.

Dad's death was also a reminder for Mum to eat her Ambrosia. Remember that blissful look on her face when Dad and I sat with her? It was gone this time and I had to spoon-feed her in the end.

Kes is quite popular among the kids of the neighbourhood, several had come by with flowers - plucked from various gardens no doubt - and handmade cards. She also had a call from a very distraught Destinee - her grandparents both died the same day as Dad.

The news was too much to bear and I cried in Jaime's arms, all the time thinking this process would be repeated for several more generations to come.

Aunty Nance! Where's Dad?

She smiled kindly at me. He needs to get used to the idea of moving on, dear. He'll come when he's ready.

I hugged her tightly. With my eyes closed I could imagine she was still alive and feel the comfort of her arms around me.

Hugs and kisses from Elysium.

Dear readers,

As mentioned earlier I've never felt anything when a Sim died before. Gavin was really sweet with Janet. I've had different game files where my founders have tried to flirt with him and it took days and days to get to romantic status. He chose Janet autonomously and I knew then he would be loved by the both of us.

Love, NJ.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Chant Immortal Dynasty - Chapter Fourteen (09/02/15)
« Reply #96 on: February 09, 2015, 01:55:36 PM »
*sniffle* I hate losing the founding spouses... absolutely hate it.  RIP Gavin.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #97 on: February 09, 2015, 03:25:12 PM »
 :'( I hate this. Saying goodbye is so hard. R.I.P. Gavin

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #98 on: February 09, 2015, 09:06:55 PM »
Wow.  Not sure Kes could have written this one.  A tough chapter, for sure, but well written.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #99 on: February 09, 2015, 09:40:46 PM »
So sad  :'( Very nicely written

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #100 on: February 10, 2015, 05:44:21 AM »
@Shewolf13 Definately.
@sdhoey Lucky for me I have old saves so I can go back and play them when I'm not in the mood for the ID file  ;)
@PeregrineTook I really wanted Janet for this chapter but it became too long and overbearing so Ely kept it short and to the point. I have a feeling Kestrel would have said something insensitive and ruined everyones mood  ::)
@KTK10 Aw, thank you.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #101 on: February 10, 2015, 12:16:39 PM »
End Of The Bromance

Dear NJ,

With Gavin gone there was a hole left in our family. I made a decision I've been wanting for many years now. I asked Don to move in, he is family after all, and I'm delighted to say he was overjoyed with the invitation.

He was back to his old tricks soon enough and I didn't appreciate his flirting. I thought it was time to tell him about you, me and well your cousin. He laughed at the whole thing and has promised not to flirt, with me at least. I believe he likes the idea of having a family. The Caliente sisters were still around but they had long ago got tired of him.

Don rekindled his friendship with J and was welcomed by the other boys. As they spent so much time in the pool, Ely and I both worked on renovating the area to great success - the old pool had been pretty bland for so long.

Time has flown by so fast. I hardly see Malcolm or talk to him. I don't even remember if I ever thanked him for his meals and the Ambrosia he worked hard to learn and cook. It seems like yesterday when I first laid eyes on his new self, and now he has wrinkles and grey hair. In his old age he is still quite mean spirited but he's also friends with Kes - the only one of us to put up with his behaviour.

Ely is almost at the top of her career. She, Jaime and Colten aged up to adults without cakes. They didn't want the hassle of a party, not with Gavin's death still fresh in our minds and hearts. It's always a pleasure to see a smile on her face.

Kes taught her mother to play chess. For the life of me I can't understand why an artist would need the logic skill but we Sims are strange creatures.

Debbie had aged before Kes. They still are the best of friends though I think Debbie was slightly shocked to see how tall she'd grown in the space of a day.

You're so tiny.

Yeah, I know, pay attention to what I'm saying.

Like really tiny.

And you look hideous! I'm trying to tell you something important.

Jaime felt it was time to offer some fatherly words before Kes became a teenager.

Just remember, Daddy's the only boy who'll never stop loving you.

What are you talking about?

We did our best to cheer as Kes thought hard on what to wish for and blew out the candles with a gleeful expression on her face. I do wonder what she's up to.

I felt bloated just looking at all the frosting and chocolate so I left the young ones to eat their fill. I lay down on my back on the patio, staring up at the stars as they started to twinkle. J joined me.

Do you think he'll ever come out? I asked.

Of course, he will. He's probably with his parents, you know?

I never thought of that. I never bothered to ask him about them.

Hey, don't have regrets about that. When all this is over you'll have all the time in the world to pelt him with a hundred questions a day. And when it's my time, I'll go and drag him back here for you, Ok?

My laugh was cut short when I felt that now familiar sensation.

Not J, not now!

But we've all come to realise the Reaper has no time to listen to pleas. He was already looking quite angry at me for my lowered age bar.

We laid J to rest beside Gavin. He left behind many children and only in his elder years had he managed to make amends with some of them, Jaime being the first and now he would forever have ties to our family through Kestrel. J was the go-to guy, always coming up with ridiculously hilarious solutions to romantic situations we all got tangled into.

Gavin, my darling, was a wonderful father and grandfather. I'll never forgot the early days when he was pressured into writing so many books, one after the other, that he almost never wanted to go near the computer again. He left behind some beautiful tales for Kestrel to pass on to future Chant children.

We'll see them again soon, I know we will.

Love, JC.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Chant Immortal Dynasty - Chapter Fifteen (10/02/15)
« Reply #102 on: February 10, 2015, 12:58:48 PM »
*sniffle* RIP, J!  So sad!

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #103 on: February 10, 2015, 01:12:43 PM »
 :-[ Oh man. That was just plum!!! Now I'm gonna cry

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #104 on: February 10, 2015, 05:03:55 PM »
Ouch! It's never easy when a loved sim is reaped. Beautifully written though. Tugged the heart-strings there.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.