Author Topic: Re-Enchanted: An Immortal Dynasty (Failed)  (Read 25474 times)

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
Re: Re-Enchanted: An Immortal Dynasty (13/04/15)
« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2015, 10:20:18 AM »
Good to know. And no, I am not trying to be a rules lawyer, sdhoey. I know that a lot of people have declared their Dynasties to be JFF(Just For Fun) so they're free to cheat(I should know, check my signature), but those sorts of 'movie settings' screenshots tend to mess up the dynasty file and can have weird effects(like actors from that scene walking around the town which you don't want).
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Re: Re-Enchanted: An Immortal Dynasty (13/04/15)
« Reply #76 on: April 18, 2015, 01:06:29 PM »
Chapter Thirteen: Sweet Treat

Hello NJ!

Now that Mummy has an heir she said I can write to you. Anyway let me go back a bit. I haven't met my Mum before, the kids at school think it's really weird but I know she's got an important job to do. I was a little upset when Uncle Mal and I couldn't contact her. Don't tell anyone but I cried when that other person cut me off, I thought my Mummy hated me...

The rumbling of the rocket died down and she climbed down the steps with a huge grin on her face.

Mummy!

She stopped in her tracks as I launched myself at her.

Is that my little Stardust? She said, hugging me tight and then pulling away to squint at me.

I'm big now.

She laughs in a way that makes me giggle and I hold her hand to check she's real.

You'll always be my little baby.

Uncle Mal alerted Daddy and the first thing he did was kiss her. It's obvious this will go on for a while.

Mummy had to take a long bath and send her suit in to get thoroughly cleaned. When she came out she sat with me in my room.

What's all this white stuff on your clothes?

Flour. Uncle Mal's teaching me to bake.

Baking? Like cakes and stuff?

Nope. Just cookies and sometimes muffins like Great Granny Janet used to in her other, other life.

But baby, why?

Well...

Remember how I said I was upset? Daddy had a surprise for me.

I used to come here all the time, he said. I was about your age. Me, Gavin and J would meet on Saturday mornings and we'd stuff ourselves with cakes, cookies and hmm the doughnuts.

Daddy reminisces and I peek through the window. There's a slice of cake on display with hundreds and thousands sprinkled over the top, each layer of it is in different colours and oozing with chocolate. The smell wafting out makes my mouth water. There's a waitress wearing a cute bow and she's talking to an older lady decorating a bright pink cake.

A bell jangles as we enter. There are some people sitting and eating pancakes, it's Betty Clarence, her Dad and her brother.

Here, love. Daddy pulls out a chair for me. Mrs Berry! It's me, Mitch.

Mitch? Darling boy, you haven't been to see me in years, let me look at you.
She waggles her finger disapprovingly when she sees he's added on a whole lot of weight since he was a kid. Didn't I say to exercise?

Dad grins sheepishly. She tsk-tsks and turns to me. My, what a beautiful little girl you have.

Thank you, ma'am. I'm not used to old ladies talking to me. Uncle Mal says I have to be wary of them - he also says Mum's Granny was a real hag and we all know witches have a sweet tooth and a penchant for eating children.

Luckily the waitress with the cute bow comes over to take Daddy's order and Mrs Berry goes to the back of the shop.

I tiptoe to the counter and watch as she puts a tray of chocolate mix into the oven.

Minutes later, she brings them out and sighs contently and fans herself with the smell of her baked goods.

Next, she decorated the tops and added a coat of icing sugar.

All done, Phoebe.

The waitress brings over two plates for me and Daddy. Your Chocolate Soufflé, she says and winks at me.

This is the fun part. Daddy uses his spoon to break into the soufflé and chocolate comes pouring out.

I copy him and soon we both forget our table manners and have chocolate smeared all over our faces.

Daddy, this is the best present ever. I want to come here all the time.

I look over to where Mrs Berry is observing us. She has a sad look on her face and then smiles when she catches me looking at her.

Come again, Mitch, bring your family.

I'll be sure to.

Daddy paid for the Chocolate Soufflés and ordered a goodie box of assorted treats to take home.

I had a wonder around the shop, the Clarences were also leaving and Betty waved at me shyly. I really like it here, the colours are so pretty and the smell. I wish I could smell like cakes and sweets all the time.

I couldn't wait to share a cupcake with my Mum when she returned home.

Mummy isn't entirely pleased with the cake shop idea. She gets that I love it but now I have to visit the dentist.

Speak to you soon,

Star K Chant.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
Re: Re-Enchanted: An Immortal Dynasty (18/04/15)
« Reply #77 on: April 18, 2015, 05:59:29 PM »
The bakery looks so pretty! Your screenshots are always really colorful and fun. Looking forward to the next chapter. :)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #78 on: April 19, 2015, 12:04:26 PM »
@ManiSims Thank you. It's such a chore to get seven Sims to stay in their designated seats, it's so cramped as well  ::)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #79 on: April 19, 2015, 02:59:58 PM »
What an adorable bakery, inside and out! The doughnut wallpaper reminded me of the one playful painting that looks like different-colored doughnuts.
The description of the image of the two eating their chocolate souffles made me hungry for chocolate.

Mrs. Berry is very appealing. Love her dress and she seems to move so elegantly.
One question: Why does Mrs. Berry look at Mitch and Star with a sad look on her face when she thinks they aren't looking?
Or is that a clue leading up to a subsequent chapter?

Mitch is lazy and doesn't appreciate exercising, so I gave him an Insta-Lean because I'm shallow and superficial.  ;)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2015, 07:38:26 AM »
@oshizu Thanks! That was also my first thought upon seeing that wallpaper. Be warned, you may be hungry more often with Star around  :P Little secret, Mrs Berry is actually Summer aged up and based on Mary Berry. As for her sorrow, you'll have to wait and see. The clue is in what Mitch and Star say. I gave Mitch the carefree reward and he doesn't complain too much about having to workout. Plus, I believe he was unnecessarily jealous of a new male household member and Kessy working out together  ::)

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2015, 08:41:45 AM »
What a beautiful reunion for Mother and Daughter, and such a lovely thing for Mitch to take his little girl out on a 'date' and give her chocolate! My Dad used to do the same.. still would if we lived in the same country! Great story NJ  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #82 on: April 20, 2015, 02:46:10 PM »
Just lovely! I'm in awe of the time and effort you go to to make these gorgeous chapters! I love how 'mummy isn't that pleased' lol If dentistry costs as much in Willow Creek as the rest of the world, who would be!  :P
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #83 on: April 20, 2015, 04:51:23 PM »
Oh, that's why Mrs. Berry looks so familiar, I can definitely see the resembelance to Summer. I got the impression she was sad because she knew she wouldn't live much longer and wanted to meet the rest of Mitch's family before she died... But I don't know.  ;)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2015, 02:31:01 AM »
@KTK10 My Dad did too. This chapter is mostly inspired from my childhood, sadly all the shops I love have closed down over the years  :-\ Kessy and Star didn't get to interact with each other over all the skilling that has to be done, so it seemed to make sense that she'd missed the early stages of Star's life.

@Playalot Heehee, I'm glad there's no toothache or illness from overeating or Star and Mitch would use up all the family fund for cures  ::)

@ManiSims Hmm ;) I'm currently obsessed with Summer, lol. I just changed her hair colour and makeup and gave her something more elegant to wear but she's easily recognisable.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #85 on: April 21, 2015, 04:49:50 PM »
I didn't recognize Summer at all!  Good make over.  Can't we have a shop like that in real life?  I wanna have a tea party!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #86 on: April 21, 2015, 06:38:36 PM »
I have a toothache after reading this last update. LOL I'm loving Star. She is just so adorable.

P.S.

Thanks for the bar.  ;D

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #87 on: April 22, 2015, 03:18:33 AM »
@Joria I wish we did, it would be my new haunt though I'd have to watch my weight  ::)

@sdhoey Lol! I love Kessy the most but Star and another person are fast becoming my favourites. You're welcome and thanks for the help again ;)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #88 on: April 22, 2015, 06:47:45 AM »
@Joria I wish we did, it would be my new haunt though I'd have to watch my weight  ::)

@sdhoey Lol! I love Kessy the most but Star and another person are fast becoming my favourites. You're welcome and thanks for the help again ;)

No problem, Kessy is great, Like I said before I would love to see her and Colt go at it. LOL I think he'd run for his life. LOL

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #89 on: April 22, 2015, 02:51:02 PM »
@sdhoey We will have to see, my bets on Kessy as well xP

anything