Author Topic: Help! How do I decoreate baked goods?  (Read 23757 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Help! How do I decoreate baked goods?
« on: April 05, 2015, 01:49:08 PM »
My retail shop sells baked goods and paintings.
I just noticed that the option "to decorate cookies, cakes, and cupcakes" is earned at Baking Level 3.
How does decorating work?
I have four sims at Level 3+ baking but get no decorating options at th fridge, stove, or cupcake factory.
Clicking on a plate of already-made baked goods also isn't working.
Could anyone tell me what I am missing?

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
Re: Help! How do I decoreate baked goods?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 04:13:13 PM »
The option to decorate should show up when you click on the baked goods after making them. It only shows up on some of them for me. I haven't played around with baking enough to tell you which ones it should show up on, though.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 04:32:18 PM »
From what I've read, decorating baked goods increases their quality.  Are the ones you can't decorate already excellent quality?  If so, that's probably why.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2015, 04:44:17 PM »
The option to decorate should show up when you click on the baked goods after making them. It only shows up on some of them for me. I haven't played around with baking enough to tell you which ones it should show up on, though.

@officialghosts, I appreciate your letting me know when and where to see the decorating option.
I think I'll work my way through the various recipes and see which ones allow decorating.
Thank you! m(_ _)m

Oh wait, no decorating for excellent-quality baked goods, ClayMask?
I did notice that one batch of something from the Cupcake Factory (forgot which recipe) came out with "impeccable" quality, so Excellent can't be the highest quality for baked goods.
This feature isn't a game-breaker, lol, but I just wanted to kit out my shop....

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2015, 04:46:04 PM »
@officialghosts, I appreciate your letting me know when and where to see the decorating option.
I think I'll work my way through the various recipes and see which ones allow decorating.
Thank you! m(_ _)m

Oh wait, no decorating for excellent-quality baked goods, ClayMask?
I did notice that one batch of something from the Cupcake Factory (forgot which recipe) came out with "impeccable" quality, so Excellent can't be the highest quality for baked goods.
This feature isn't a game-breaker, lol, but I just wanted to kit out my shop....
Yes, impeccable is the highest quality, but you can only get it randomly and only if you have the perk for it.  You can never get it reliably or upgrade something to it.  It's like the masterpiece of cooking.

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2015, 06:38:45 PM »
@oshizu No problem! I haven't explored Baking as much as I'd like to, or I would've been happy to share what recipes worked consistently for me. All I remember it that my sim was only at level 3 or 4 and had made most/all the recipes she could, and she was able to decorate most of them.

I hope it's not determined by quality. By the time you're a high level in one of the cooking skills you're going to be producing excellent quality like 99% of the time, so not being able to decorate anymore would be sad.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2015, 07:57:10 PM »
@ClayMask, I love your explanation! It's so easy to understand: impeccable is like the masterpiece of baking.

@officialghosts, I recycled a challenge file so I could start the retail shop with a wealthy household with overpowered sims.   :)
After reading your posts, I suffered a pang of sadness then realized I can just wait a sim week for the child to age up into a teen.
My current sim maxed the Cooking skill before the Get to Work expansion came out...

Thank you both for your insights.

P.S. The daughter is now a teen and I was doing aspiration requirements to buy her some rewards. At Level 5 Cooking, she is already creating Excellent dishes, so I cannot decorate once again, lol.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2015, 08:20:10 PM »
@ClayMask, I love your explanation! It's so easy to understand: impeccable is like the masterpiece of baking.

@officialghosts, I recycled a challenge file so I could start the retail shop with a wealthy household with overpowered sims.   :)
After reading your posts, I suffered a pang of sadness then realized I can just wait a sim week for the child to age up into a teen.
My current sim maxed the Cooking skill before the Get to Work expansion came out...

Thank you both for your insights.

P.S. The daughter is now a teen and I was doing aspiration requirements to buy her some rewards. At Level 5 Cooking, she is already creating Excellent dishes, so I cannot decorate once again, lol.
Just to see if it worked, you could try having her make something using bad equipment while not inspired.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2015, 08:23:41 PM »
Just to see if it worked, you could try having her make something using bad equipment while not inspired.

What a brilliant idea!  I'll try that later as soon as I get home.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2015, 04:02:31 PM »
oshizu you mentioned using the Cupcake factory.  I seem to remember in a different post that this was glitchy and caused all kinds of problems.  Does anyone know if this was fixed in any update?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2015, 09:24:28 PM »
oshizu you mentioned using the Cupcake factory.  I seem to remember in a different post that this was glitchy and caused all kinds of problems.  Does anyone know if this was fixed in any update?
I used it a couple months ago and had no problems with it.

Dellena

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2015, 04:43:56 AM »
I've been using the Cupcake Factory this past week with no issues at all.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2015, 03:01:41 PM »
Good to know!  That can be a useful item now.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

anything