Author Topic: Re-Enchanted: An Immortal Dynasty (Graveyard Please)  (Read 62863 times)

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
Re: Re-Enchanted: An Immortal Dynasty (25/07)
« Reply #300 on: July 27, 2015, 11:01:17 AM »
Hope your hand doesn't hurt too much. Get better soon! :)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #301 on: July 27, 2015, 11:21:20 AM »
Hope your owie gets better fast. I've become somewhat clumsy myself, but it's usually a lower extremity I hurt - no interference with typing, and a good excuse to play more Sims.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #302 on: July 27, 2015, 03:57:56 PM »
I hope you heal quickly, NJ!  I hate it when things like that happen.  Always makes me angry with myself. 
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

hazysmith

« Reply #303 on: July 27, 2015, 04:13:33 PM »
Ouch! I hope you heal quickly, arnica gel helps.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #304 on: July 29, 2015, 02:14:19 PM »
@Tixxis @KRae @Joria & @hazysmith Thank you, it's almost healed up now and I can finally post and play =D
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #305 on: July 29, 2015, 02:21:45 PM »
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Goldilocks & The Bear

A beautiful morning in a beautiful part of Simnation. Birds were tweeting, the elusive bees were humming away happily and the day promised more sun, sun, sun.

Cora woke in a bed that wasn’t hers. It had a woody smell and something else – maybe sweat? The windows in the room refused to open and that was when she remembered falling asleep in the living room. Someone had carried her in here and even taken off her shoes. They’d been tossed carelessly under the bed and Cora did her best not to get too angry – but they were bespoke shoes and she herself had already ruined them.

Someone was pottering around in the kitchen, banging pots and pans in that irritable way people do early in the morning and muttering sugar-coated curses.

She padded out of the room to find the Hermit trying to eat breakfast. She looked a tad ridiculous, throwing bits of pancake into the tiny opening of her bear mouth.

’Morning.

Hey, you’re up. The voice was a little deeper than Cora had expected.

You sound different.

I do? *clears throat* Throat infection.

Sounds dreadful. You should probably take off that costume, I don’t think it’s healthy to go around in a suit all the time.

The Hermit shook her head and invited Cora to breakfast.

Listen, I’ve been trying and trying for ages to find Bees and Dragon Dragonflies with no luck, can you please tell me what this secret recipe is?

The Hermit carried on eating.

The old dear’s probably going deaf, she thought and repeated her question.

Um... Well, I need some help in the garden, if you don’t mind, and perhaps more of these delicious pancakes. Preferably with fish.

Fine, I guess that’s an easier job to handle.

After breakfast they went out into the garden. There were many plants and all of them were sagging from the weight of fat fruits.

I haven’t weeded for some time and I’m sure they haven’t had any water for ages.

Cora groaned inwardly. What a useless Hermit she’d come across. She’d give anything to have a rude old man who frightened children to this woman – whose face she had yet to see.

I’ll be just over there, fishing.

You go do that, she couldn’t help replying angrily.

At the bottom of a rushing waterfall was a pond filled with exquisite fish that the very first Hermit had stocked with and each replacement added in his or her own new species. There was something about being a Hermit that meant having an insatiable appetite for fish. Or perhaps it was the bear suit’s doing? Whatever it was, the new Hermit loved fish and this was the best spot to catch them. The views over the private land weren’t so bad either.

Evening was approaching fast. Cora had lost track of time and before she knew it her stomach was rumbling again. The Hermit was still fishing – Honestly, how much fish does one person consume? She returned home when the smell of Cora’s fish pasties and fish pancakes snaked their way from the chimney right up the Hermit’s nose.

Afterwards they watched as the stars twinkled into vision once the clouds parted.

The night grew colder and they retreated inside. The fire was stoked and their bodies grew warm. The Hermit was breathing heavily and again refused to take off that blasted head.

I don’t understand you. It’s just us here, you can take it off.

It’s fine, the Hermit growled.

I hope she’s not turning into a real bear, Cora thought. Out loud she said, So, the secret recipe?

The Hermit let out a sigh. I-I think I should come clean. Well... After a long pause she continued, I’m not my grandmother. The Hermit you met originally. I’m Neil, the new Hermit and I’m a guy. Obviously.

What...?

Before she could stop ‘her’ the Hermit unzipped the bear suit – Cora covered her eyes at this point and when she opened them she saw someone who made her heart beat incredibly fast like that time she’d met Ashley Lee for the first time. The hot fire was beginning to burn her cheeks.

Neil was saying something but she couldn’t concentrate with him explaining it all in a muddled way. He was only meant to be visiting. His grandmother had piqued his interest at the mention of living all alone and having no rules to abide by, something a young lady like Cora would understand, and then she had died leaving him to carry on in her place. What was he supposed to do? He didn’t like the idea of leaving the Hut abandoned and campers loved having him around, he felt like some kind of superhero in that costume but now he wasn’t sure this was the life for him. Loneliness had crept in and when he’d found her it seemed like destiny.

At that point words slipped out of Cora’s mouth and she instantly regretted them: You’re so cute.

He became flustered and for a moment neither said anything.

I’m a lot older than you, in fact I think I’d be arrest for even letting you stay here without parental consent.

Cora laughed. I’m only a couple of days away from my young adult birthday. And this might just be a passing fancy.

He smiled in a way that meant he’d been stung by the words.

Is he really serious? Cora bit her lip. Does he really believe in love at first sight? Oh, Mum, is history repeating itself?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Re-Enchanted: An Immortal Dynasty (29/07)
« Reply #306 on: July 29, 2015, 03:10:23 PM »
Oh. My. Gosh! Way to introduce Cora's crush! Wow! Great chapter. :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #307 on: July 29, 2015, 04:00:41 PM »
WOW!  :o  At first it was just adorable with Goldilocks and the Bear, and then, BAM! Neil!  This is getting better and better.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #308 on: July 29, 2015, 04:33:38 PM »
Oh dear! This is exquisite! I love romance and this... well, this is it!

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #310 on: July 30, 2015, 09:12:33 AM »
@Playalot @Joria @Tixxis & @KRae Thank you for the positive comments! I was worried it was too corny, another idea was to have them meet at the art gallery (Neil's in the painter career) and I never bothered getting the screenshots for that.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #311 on: August 02, 2015, 07:38:13 AM »
Chapter Forty: A Fond Farewell – Part One

During Cora’s absence her mother had returned and some drastic re-modelling had taken place. Cora was excited to check out her room – after scolding Kessy first, of course – and the new features such as the yoga and spa rooms. There was also a hot tub tucked away behind some hedges.

Genie and Cora were eager to get started on yoga. Locking doors was another new feature they could enjoy, not that the elders of the household bothered to climb those Watcher-awful stairs to get to the second floor.

Eugene was picking up the yoga moves faster than Cora and there was one moment where she was sure her yoga leggings would split.

After an hour of trying to bend and taking many tumbles they called it a day. They lay panting on their backs.

Let’s do this again some time.

Only when my body stops aching. I don’t think I can even stand.

A good soak in her new bath helped ease the tension. Cora had to make it quick in time to catch the school bus. She remembered that last day of primary school. How long ago that seemed, how afraid she’d been of not making friends and now she was afraid again. She wished her Dad was here, she needed his reassurance.

Kessy was upgrading all the new appliances. She was quieter these days, something in her just didn’t have the strength to laugh or pull mischievous pranks. Fixing things helped keep her mind occupied. Swimming with Dina and Malcolm was fun when one of them wasn’t trying to drown the other, she was getting a little tired of their antics but she loved them nonetheless.

Birthdays were always family affairs. Cora didn’t care for a gold medal, this was something that just had to be done or she’d be depressed for a day or two.

Ageing up, as always, was surprisingly quick and painless.

Genie wanted to go last this time. He was also holding on to the precious days of being a carefree teenager.

It’s not so bad, Genie, now you can go get all those girlfriends you dreamed of.

Nah, not in the mood for romance anymore.

Cora gave her Mum a stern look that said: You just had to tell him about Neil, didn’t you?

As life moves forward for the young, time was over for one of their most beloved family member. Grim came as the birthday cake was stored in the fridge for later. No lock in the world could keep him out.

Ah, sorry about this Dina.

It’s OK, I’ve had a great life. Just take me before Genie gets here - he shouldn’t see me like this.

Don’t even talk to me right now, Kessy said, sobbing through every word. The Grim only sighed.

The scythe cut through the air and Grim inwardly rejoiced as another soul was his.

Look, you don’t have to do this. Please leave.

We’re still friends, right? I have a job to do, you know?

In the end Kessy relented and led Grim upstairs. She sat in the massage chair as Grim untied her shoelaces.

Just this once.

Ow!

Sorry, skeletal fingers.

OK, that’s enough, you’re forgiven.

He disappeared in a cloud of black smoke. Kessy knew it would be Malcolm’s time soon. She wanted his last days to be as stress-free as possible. It was time to get started.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: Re-Enchanted: An Immortal Dynasty (02/08)
« Reply #312 on: August 02, 2015, 09:30:34 AM »
A foot massage from Grim....oh, my. I do love your use of the spa stuff.

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #313 on: August 02, 2015, 10:08:30 AM »
I know! Isn't it marvellous? The way she 'relented' as well: 'Just this once'.
Kessy's got style. :)

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #314 on: August 02, 2015, 11:00:28 AM »
RIP Dina. Also, I love your yoga room!

anything