Author Topic: The Vitale Immortal Dynasty, Chapter 6: A Little Bit Of Romance  (Read 8711 times)

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
Hello everyone!

I've been away from the forum for quite some time now, and the Sims, too! I only got the Sims 4 a month ago! I've been too busy the past 10 months studying day and night and I suppose I will be busy again in a month when college starts, but it won't be the same as last year and I'm hoping to have some decent playing time.

Like a lot of other people, I had mixed feelings when I started to play, but it has grown on me and I like it quite a lot now. I know that I want to explore the game and try out everything it has to offer. The problem with me playing is that I can never stick to one game file for a long time and I tend to switch to another family and a different file. So I can never properly explore everything. It is disappointing that after one month of playing I have not maxed one single career! So I decided to start a long-term challenge, and also post a story so I'll be fully committed. Thank you for reading, and I do hope you enjoy the story!  :)

The Vitale Immortal Dynasty

Meet our founder, Vera Vitale!

Gen 1: Founder
Vera Vitale
Outdoor Lover, Creative, Outgoing

First Chapter will be up shortly!

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
Re: The Vitale Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 01:52:54 PM »
Chapter 1: Willow Creek

Well, here we are at last. Oakenstead. Calm and peaceful, just as it was promised to me. Being a nature lover, I could see myself living here for all eternity. Which is what I must do. Well, I suppose I could move, at the end, but eight generations is no less than an eternity.

So you can see that I'm quite familiar with the concept. Immortality and all. Okay, it's time we met.

Over here!
I'm cooking!

Cooking has never been a passion of mine, really. If it were up to me, I'd pick gardening. It's what I've always loved. What can I tell you, I love the green! But when it comes to founding a dynasty, you have to consider other things. For example, there wouldn't have been a proper career available for me as a gardener. I would have to get a job completely irrelevant to my hobbies and that would've have made things a lot harder. Therefore, creator and I decided I should become a master chef. Especially since we are both new to this thing. Umm, the dynasty, I mean. Not bad. I don't dislike cooking as long as I get to do it outdoors. Which is what I'm doing right now. We have not yet come to an agreement on my second aspiration. But I guess we have time for that. Plus, we've agreed not to micromanage everything like we usually do. Our plan is quite flexible. It goes like this: Founder, Helper, Spouse, Ambrosia. The rest is blah blah. And I am the founder. So we're halfway there. Or maybe not. I don't know, I've never been so good at math.

Ah, did I just say creator? Yeah. She created me. We don't get along. Okay, back to the important stuff.

So, where were we? Aha! Oakenstead. Wonderful. A little bit too quiet, though. I love the outdoors, but I also love people. So I need to get somewhere where I can have both. And I'm tired of cooking. Time to head to the park. Now, before we get there. There are two things you should know about me. First: I'm in no rush to find a husband. So, I'm not going to the park spouse hunting. Not meeting men.

And second: I don't always mean what I say.

Vera: Okay, gentlemen. I know you well. Three of you are married and we don't want any drama. And Mr. Scot is a bit too geeky to be an eligible spouse for the lover of all things natural. Let's see what the redhead has to say.

Redhead: Hello, I have a name, but your creator does not remember it because I later prove to be useless. I have decent traits, and a passion for adventure and

Vera: Okay, I pick you.
Readhead: ....and I'm happily married to my wonderful wife and have two beautiful children.
Vera: Okaaaay... you are useless. Hands off, please.

Such nice gentlemen. But they're all married. I wonder if I'll ever find a single one.
Their actions are absolutely normal and Mr. Scot over there does not at all have a freakish look on his face when he is supposed to be cloudgazing.

Vera: Gentlemen, say hello to Mr. Tommy Champion! I do not know much of him, but I intend to, assuming he's single.
Travis and Mortimer: Hiii!
Tommy Champion: I'm married.
Vera: Oh.

I guess that'll be it for today. Why start with "spouse", anyway? There's always "helper". And I'm not planning on having the heir anytime soon, which is the overall purpose of my marrying one of these men. Anyhow, helper it is! That is what I'll be doing tomorrow. I'll stop by at the Calientes', perhaps?

The story of the rest of my day at the park would bore you. I grilled some hot dogs, and chatted. And when the night came, it was time to leave.
On my way home, I heard a voice calling my name. So I turned...

Nancy??
Nancy: Well, well, we meet again!

To be continued...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 02:23:22 PM »
Good luck to you and your founder!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 12:01:28 AM »
Thank you both for your good luck wishes! :)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015, 03:52:42 AM »
Do we have issues with Nancy?  Hmmmm.   I love your style and the way you are presenting your story.  More please.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
Chapter 2: A little bit of background
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2015, 12:47:57 PM »
Thanks a lot, Joria!  :) I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Chapter 2: A little bit of background

So, I guess we never had "the talk". The one where I tell you why I wanted to do this in the first place. Why I wanted to become immortal. I mean, sure, there's always the privilege of living forever, but that can't be all. You can become immortal on your own and with much less trouble.

And I've always loved family. I mean, I don't have the trait, but I would, if I could pick just one more. Maybe for me it's a hidden one? I'm not sure. I just know that family has had a special place deep in my heart, for as long as I can remember. And so, to be able to keep one, of each of the generations by my side for an eternity sounds wonderful. But is that all? Is that reason enough for me to do this? Not quite.

I arrived at Willow Creek this morning. Beautiful town. All this green reminds me of a long, lost place I grew up in. Great weather, friendly people, wonderful scenery: Sunset Valley.

I was only a child, but I remember well. I remember my days, "there". Happy days. That is, until I was taken away.

Memories. Some happy, some dark. "My history".
I've come here, with lots of thoughts in my head. I know very well why I'm doing this. I know, that I'm doing this for a reason. So, am I going to tell you? Not just yet.

So, Willow Creek. No acquaintances. I could have a clean slate, a fresh start. I don't think anybody might know anything about me. That is, all except two. Former residents of my long lost hometown, who have somehow, managed to start their lives over, in this new world.
Would they recognize me? There's a chance.

So when I heard an awfully familiar voice on my return that night, I knew that trouble was on its way.
I said there were two, well, here's the first.

Nancy??
Nancy: Well, well, we meet again.

Vera: We've met... before?
Nancy: Ah! Don't play dumb with me, lady! I know what you're here for!

Vera: Umm... you do? I mean, there's absolutely nothing to know! I'm just an innocent girl trying to find her way.
Nancy: Sure you are!

Nancy: Oh, please, Vera Vitale! I may not have met you in person before, but I assure you, I know all about you! You're a dynasty wannabe, with no family or legacy of your own, you're here to capture our land and hold us as slaves and possibly, even steal my husband! Oh, the horror!
Vera: Oh, is that all you think? Oh, I am so relieved... I mean, sure, that's what it is. Darn it, you got me!
Nancy: What?
Vera: Well, Nancy... you should've said that before. I'm not here for your house, or your husband. In fact, I'm all settled, just up the road. You're quite welcome to visit at anytime. So far, I only have cooking gear, but I'm planning to buy more furniture in the morning. Speaking of the morning, do you perhaps, plan to go home and sleep anytime soon? I know I do.
Vera: Oh, the part about being a founder, that is right. I am merely here to get some of that immortality stuff, and pass it on to my descendants. Booooring, boring job. Just that. No secret intentions or backstory involved.

Nancy: Aha! dynasty founder, huh? Why don't we ever get to be founders? Don't we know how to found? I could found. Oh, I'll tell you why. For the sole reason of us "already" existing.

Nancy: I mean, is it really our fault that we already have our glorious legacy, and a beautiful mansion, upon the classiest hills of Oasis Springs? Is it, really?

Vera, to self: I thought she was a snob.

Nancy: Oh, I think I'm coming down with a headache.

Vera: Well, trust me, Nancy. You don't want any of that founding stuff! It's a lot of work. Very... headachey.
Nancy: It is?

Vera: Absolutely! Just enjoy your life and be happy you don't have to do any of this. Get yourself busy. Now, I'm not moving you in because I can't really put up with you.
Vera: But, we are gonna be close friends and make sure that your memory continues to fail you, plus you're invited to all of the five parties I'm going to throw-- ...which are not at all dynasty requirements because as I told you, that thing is boooring. Now, go on and enjoy your life.
Nancy: Enjoy my life! Yay!

Nancy: Why do I feel like a fool?
Vera: No idea.

Vera: Now give me a hug.

Nancy: Ooh, I feel so happy now. Do you feel like taking a walk? Or go clubbin'? Ya know, as buddies?

Vera: No, Nance. Sorry. Got dynasty stuff to do. Bye now!

Off to sleep.

The next morning:

I bought some more furniture to celebrate taking care of Nancy last night. Plus the 1x1 pool. Neat, huh?
I guess I didn't do much work yesetrday. Just wandered around. But you got to know me, so that's something. You could say that I'm a pretty honest and straightforward person.

At the moment, I'm having some breakfast and enjoying the view. Plus I'm reviewing my plans. First up: some cash. There's only about 200 left. So it's time we moved in roomies. The roomies. No, seriously, I'll give you a hint:

Tadaa!

And our secret remains.

To be continued...

Next Chapter coming up: Making real progress, finally

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: The Vitale Immortal Dynasty, Chapter 2: A little bit of background
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2015, 02:02:26 PM »
OMG!  The Sim jumping in the 1x1 pool!! Priceless, but not half as priceless as your writing.  I love how she took care of Nancy.  Poor lady looked totally bamboozled.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2015, 02:42:43 PM »
Yeah, I tried to stop him, but it was too late!
Thank you! I'm not exactly confident about my writing, so I'm really glad it turned out well.  :)

Offline Alarianna

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2015, 03:40:06 PM »
I like Vera, cannot wait to see what else she comes up with.

I like your writing style

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2015, 03:39:54 AM »
Yay another dynasty story! I love that you've moved in Gavin, J, Zoe and Mitch. I can't wait to see what happens next. And the 1x1 pool whim granted...lmao.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2015, 08:08:28 AM »
I like Vera, cannot wait to see what else she comes up with.

I like your writing style

Thank you! I'm glad you like her.  :)

Yay another dynasty story! I love that you've moved in Gavin, J, Zoe and Mitch. I can't wait to see what happens next. And the 1x1 pool whim granted...lmao.

Thanks! They're so much fun to play!  :D

I'm currently working on building a house, so it's taking me a bit to update. I initially wanted to opt for outdoor living for this generation ( with a decent look and some nice decor, of course ), but somehow I ended up trying to build a house based off a modern farmhouse I saw online. I don't have any building experience with TS4 ( not that I had a lot of experience with TS3, but somewhat more ), so I'm really having a hard time making it look anything like the original. I'm especially having problems with the roof. I think at the end I'll just end up with a square that has a door, and no roof.

It is fun experimenting with the different tools, though. Hopefully, with some good practice, I'll get a little better.

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
Chapter 3: Making Progress, Part I
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2015, 11:04:31 AM »
Chapter 3: Making Progress, Part I

I take it you already know my roommates. I met them the very morning after my little problem with Nancy. On my second day in Willow Creek. By noon, they were already settled in.

But how did I come to meet them? And why on earth did they agree to leave their gorgeous house behind and move into my vacant lot? Well, I myself am still wondering about the second question, but here's the answer to the first one.

After having my delicious morning sandwich, I called a cab and went helper-hunting. ( I do have some guesses as to why they'd leave their gorgeous house, though. For starters, their house was not all that gorgeous. Definitely used that to my advantage. ) I was headed for the Calientes', but theirs (the roommies' ) seemed much closer. Need to save up on travel expenses! Besides, flexible plan, remember? ( Okay, I'll just admit I liked them more )
Nancy tagged along. Ever since last night, she's become so attached she follows me everywhere I go. I told her it was okay, as long as she stayed outside.

And so I was in. We got off to a great start and talked for a few hours.

Hmm... I don't really like myself in this picture. Let's try a different angle.

That's better... a bit. Now, where were we?

Zoe: So, we just moved in a week ago. Mitch likes to cook and I just love hangin' out with friends. We don't exactly know each other here, though. Somehow, the four of us just ended up sharing a house.

Zoe: Mitch and I have gotten to know each other a little bit recently. We have a lot in common. And we can blink, simultaneously.

Vera: That's... cool. Where's the rest of you?
Zoe: J and Gavin? At work. Gavin's a journalist and J works in the sports industry. You're gonna like them.
Vera: I sure am. Listen, are they coming home anytime soon? Seeing that you and I just became friends ( to self: as a result of my numerous "compliment"s and "flatter"s and "ask about day"s ), there's something I'd like to ask, and it involves them, too.
Zoe: I'm not sure. They left for work a few hours ago.
Vera: Well, I guess we could do it without them! It starts with telling you that you could do better than this... house.

With my heartbeat accelerating, I knew it was time to pop the big question.

Vera: Alright... *takes deep breath* Would you be willing to...
Zoe: You're gonna ask us to move in with you, aren't you?
Vera: Whhat? Ah, great! You spoiled it! How did you even know?
Zoe: Oh, come on! We're not 2010 anymore ( when the sims 3 immortal dynasty went official  :P )! Nowadays, we know exactly what an immortal dynasty is. No psychic powers needed. Mitch, how much longer are you gonna keep the silence?
Mitchel: Sorry. She's right. We know.
Vera: Guess it's a no, then?
Zoe: Oh, don't be silly! We can't fight game mechanisms, really. Friend means friend. And all of that means we're obliged to say yes!
Vera: Super! Do you need to pack?
Zoe: Not so fast. First, are we getting a house?
Vera: Of couse! In less than a week! And it's gonna be a great one, with walls and everything.
Zoe: Excellent. We'll just tell the guys when they're back then, Mitch?
Mitchel: Suppose so.

And with that, we had our roomies. I have to say, despite our rather unpleasant and bizarre conversation, Zoe and I quite hit it off. I felt like I was finally going to have a real friend to share my troubles with. She was funny and friendly. And we had so much in common. Later that day, while we were waiting for J and Gavin to return, we watched the clouds together and had a few good laughs.

Meanwhile, Mitchel took up fishing. Do not look at me like that. I didn't force him to fish. I just pointed it out to him that he'd make an excellent fisherman, and a lousy cook. So he decided to leave his job at the restaurant and dedicate his life to fishing. Which is great, because I got to fill his position. He was surprisingly easy to convince. I can't be sure, but it might have to do with me carrying out my manipulation process at his nap time. He is kind of lazy.

Mitchel: Hold on, I think I'm catching something.

Whoohoo, I'm coming for you!

What? Where's my fish? Oh, man! This pole isn't working!

WHY IS THIS POLE NOT WORKING!!!

Nope, definitely not working. But, that bench over there seems to be in pretty good order.

Zzzzz...

A few hours later, the guys were back. Mitchel had already called them to say they should head straight to Oakenstead and not where was previously known as "home".

Had to split update in half because I was pushing my 25 image per post limit. Please move to part II!

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2015, 11:08:37 AM »
Welcome to Part II!

The rest of the crew seemed to take the news pretty well.

Zoe: ... and here we are! New home. Guys, what do you think?
Gavin: This is a nice neighborhood! I couldn't disagree! And we get to build a house from scratch!
Zoe: J?
J: I'm guessing this new neighborhood makes a good jogging area.
Zoe: Excellent!

Mitchel: Um... Gavin? My hand's stuck in you?
Gavin: OK, I'm a pretty calm guy. I'll wait for you to remove it.

The next few days were spent each of us picking a few points in our dedicated skills.

Or maybe more than a few. Whoohoo! Check me out!

You may or may not have noticed that we've turned the kitchen around. It's just that with the roommies bringing in so much money (89,000  :D ), we went out of our way buying furniture we needed which are currently laying there in the grass, in front of me. So the kitchen was turned around to make sure you didn't see any of that mess while watching me cook. Right now, you have a wonderful view of nice and tidy trees and bushes behind me.

I've been following up on my roommates' activities. I need to get to know them a bit more.

I'm not so sure about J. I've been told that he used to be this really cute guy.

But, ever since he moved in and found out he can't complete his aspiration, he's gotten a bit... depressed.

J: No, I haven't been on fire. I've been sweating all night, jogging around town to drain my sorrows, and apparently, that's how you should look like when you sweat so much. I don't feel smart enough to figure out whether that makes sense, at the moment. Need to take a shower.

J: Great, somebody's already in.

I guess I could use my manipulating powers to make him feel better, but he keeps avoiding me and I'm far too busy to follow him around. The other guys told me that he used the computer we got for Gavin's writing to go online and read about the dynasty terms. Hmm... did not know people could do that. I should set up parental control.

Anyway, I'm cutting him some slack. I've bought him some good exercise equipment, and I'm leaving him be. With Mitch fishing and Zoe gardening, we're going to be just fine, without any more help.

So... Zoe Gardens. We don't have any pictures of her gardening, so how about one with her taking a walk in the pond? Nothing weird here. She comes in, she comes out. And with such grace.

This happens after a great conversation with Mitch. It doesn't take long to understand that these two have something special going on.

As for Gavin, well, he's a very sweet guy. We both have creative minds, and we tend to find ourselves, talking for hours, exchanging ideas. I think I'd like to get to know him more.

Zoe: Umm... Mitch? Weren't we supposed to keep this area unseen?
Mitchel: Sorry, just had to catch my latest episode of "House with walls".
Zoe: Aww, can I watch?

The following night, our house was finally done! It still needed work, but it would be enough to please my friends.

We're not quite sure what we'll be doing with the room at the right. Might be using it for storage.

Quick tour.

My room.

Mitch and Zoe's. We'll see Gavin and J's later on.

Vera: Now, that's what you call a kitchen!

After getting everybody settled in, I sat down for my favorite cooking show.

It was a great night. But for some unknown cause, I had a strange feeling inside of me.
I looked at Mitchel, standing outside, bizarrely starring at our new pool.

After reluctantly remaining on the couch for a few more minutes, I turned off the TV and went straight to bed.

Oakenstead, 3 a.m.

On our first night in the new house, I woke up to a constant clicking noise coming from outside my room. I got up, and approached, on the tip of my toes.

What is that? Is it maybe Gavin, working on his short story so late?

Afraid not. He was in a deep sleep. There was nothing unusual in that room, except maybe J, who was sleeping soundly in his bed, with a goofy smile on his face.

What was that? I got out of the room. It was definitely coming from outside the house. I managed to have a few good trips in the living room, constantly hitting the furniture on my way to the back door.

The backyard was peaceful. And for a few minutes, the noise was gone. I turned around to reach for the door and go back to sleep, but there was yet another noise, coming from near the storage room.

I went forward, slightly frightened. I was at the door. With the noise now being stronger, there was no doubt it was coming from inside.
"Should I wake others? Should I get help?" I said to myself.

I turned the knob...

To be continued...

Offline Alarianna

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Vitale Immortal Dynasty, Chapter 3: Making Progress
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2015, 11:37:47 AM »
oh... suspense, please do not make us wait  :)