Author Topic: Newcomers in Newcrest (Failed -- Move to Graveyard)  (Read 57977 times)

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
Re: Newcomers in Newcrest (new -- Dec 7)
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2015, 06:49:20 PM »
I love, love, love your story!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2015, 10:09:08 PM »
I love her speech patterns.  Not at all "local" but so suitable to her.  I almost like her, but she's an alien and I'm not fond of aliens.  This one is starting to get me to change my mind.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2015, 05:02:04 PM »
Oirat, Week 4

Hardly any time went by before Lukas was summoned to report to the Oirat commander again. "So?" she said. "What's new?"

"Well, Tianna and I have been invited to a few parties," said Lukas. "First there was a dance party on the Bluffs.

It's quite a lovely spot, with a view of boats on the water in one direction...

...and ruins in the other.

"Next we were invited to the Von Haunt estate. I couldn't go, but Tianna went. She wants to go back sometime for a regular tour of the house.

From a distance, it's quite impressive.

And the gardens are lovely, even at night.

Tianna hated to leave, but it was getting late.

"And one day we took Lipitor to Hare Square, where he met some simling children."

"You seem to have been enjoying yourself," the commander said drily. "Have you made any progress on your goals?"

"Yes, of course," said Lukas. "I'm a level 7 scientist now, and let me tell you, it hasn't been easy. One day I tried out the ghost goo serum and was chastised by the Grim Reaper himself.

And I finally decided to push the big red button – in the interests of research, of course – and gave myself quite a shock.

And I learned that I could see episodes of 'Klatu Knows Best' on our television if I set up the satellite dish outside. But that made me homesick."

The Oirat commander yawned. "Is that really all you have to say for yourself?" she said.

Lukas thought hastily. "Lipitor is a teenager now," he told her.

"I showed him how we identify ourselves to other Oirats.

"He took the Freelance Botanist aspiration. That means he'll have gardening as one of his skills, and also have plants for his collection.

He went fishing one night, but I think that his other skill will be mixology. He's already fulfilled his requirement to become a level 3 barista."

"Anything else?"

"Yes," said Lukas. "We built a museum, and Tianna has already painted my two portraits. One of them was a masterpiece," he said proudly.

"Well, I have some bad news for you," said the commander. "Thanks to your profound carelessness in leaving the wormhole generator out, the Zargon has mated and spawned an offspring. Must I remind you that our goal is to defeat the Zargon? I do hope there will be no repetition of this."

"Indeed there won't," said Lukas. "In fact, I have figured out how to arrange things so that only I and my heirs will have access to the wormhole generator. Once it's been fully upgraded, I will place it in the Museum. I have already acquired a door which will open only for me and future Oirats."

"Very good, but it would have been better if you'd thought of that before the Zargon called up a mate. Dismissed."

Lukas was glad to leave.

When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Newcomers in Newcrest (new -- Dec 10)
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2015, 09:36:36 PM »
Awww.  Poor Lukas, he really got chewed out.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2015, 08:25:34 AM »
Awww.  Poor Lukas, he really got chewed out.

It's all his Watcher's fault -- sending him off to see new places in Windenburg, hehe.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2015, 08:38:03 AM »
Poo Lukas.. He is so lovely it's hard to imagine him being mean to anyone! The photos you took of Windenburg are gorgeous.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2015, 10:09:45 AM »
I'm learning so much from reading all of these stories.  I have had TS4 the entire time, however, I haven't accomplished much at all with it.  I love your creativity...and poor Lukas.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2015, 09:46:49 PM »
Just now, I read all of your Rival Dynasties Challenge.
I love your new manifestation of rotation play and wonder if remaining impartial gets increasingly difficult.
Looking forward to future plot developments.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2015, 08:06:04 AM »
Just now, I read all of your Rival Dynasties Challenge.
I love your new manifestation of rotation play and wonder if remaining impartial gets increasingly difficult.
Looking forward to future plot developments.

When I'm playing, I root for the current family. But I'll admit, I was panicking about Aniara getting pregnant in time, so I let another alien come through the wormhole generator. She and Guy Crump formed a romantic relationship on their own, though.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2015, 03:29:52 PM »
Baird, Week 4

We've had a bunch of birthdays. Mom went first...

...followed by Aunt Zoe.

Then Maliya blew out her candles...

...followed by me.

Growing up felt strange – a very fast accelerando. I'd have to slow it down to make something that other people would consider music.

Everyone says I look like my father, except for the red hair – that I inherited from my mother.

They own an art gallery in Willow Creek. They sell posters but also some of my mom's paintings.

I help out after school, with re-stocking and stuff.

My friend Maliya helps out, too. No matter how much she eats, she stays skinny, not like me. But she's so sweet that I guess I can forgive her.

Her dad is Uncle Mitch. He does repairs around the house, but he's also learning how to be a DJ.

And her mom is Aunt Zoe, who likes to dance. Maliya doesn't know how she feels about that – whether she's embarrassed because her Mom dances, too, or she's proud because her Mom can do the moves even though she's getting up there in age.

My dad is J Huntington III, but he's not stuffy or anything. Sometimes he helps me with homework, although it's not much help because the answers he gives me are always obviously wrong – stuff like, "Who discovered America? -- Sitting Bull's grandfather." Well, right, sort of, but not what the teacher expects.

My mom helps me out, too, but she's more focused about it. That's because we're in a race to win Newcrest for us sims instead of a couple of aliens. That's why I had to get an A in school (done!) and reach the top of a part-time job (Latte Artist – done!).

It's also why she painted my portrait – which turned out to be a masterpiece.

As you can guess, I play the violin. I have even licensed a song for it.

I play the piano, too, and plan to become a musician when I start working.

I spend all my time either studying, playing music, or helping out in the store, but one day I escaped my routine and took the streetcar into Willow Creek.

When I got there, I tried getting tips in front of a local eatery – okay, bar.

I didn't have much luck, so I went inside. The 'rents are pretty firm on the idea that I should stay out of bars as long as I'm a teen, but I didn't get anything to drink, so I figured it was okay. While I was sitting there, chatting to people, an absolute dreamboat sat next to me. I noticed we had the same kind of headphones so I asked him whether he liked them. As soon as I said that, I realized it was a pretty inane kind of remark to make. I did find out that he's a music lover, though, so maybe there's hope for me still.

That's all for now – Azalea Baird

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
Re: Newcomers in Newcrest (new -- Dec 13)
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2015, 04:19:17 PM »
Great progress!  Do I foresee a Windenburg resident becoming marriage material?  It is nice to have more potential spouses.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2015, 05:33:19 PM »
Those dance parties are killers.  If you don't have your Sims needs met they are miserable by the time they are finally released from the party and able to go home.  I don't like that they get locked in to the party.  You heir is gorgeous.  Such talent and a possible mate on the horizon.  Nice!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2015, 05:42:38 PM »
"No matter how much she eats, she stays skinny, not like me."
Couldn't stop laughing!  Reminds me of myself and my husband, of course he is the one that can eat anything.

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2015, 01:53:15 AM »
Those dance parties are killers.  If you don't have your Sims needs met they are miserable by the time they are finally released from the party and able to go home.  I don't like that they get locked in to the party. 

Joria, you can end the party/event early. Like in the other social events, there is a button on the top left (like a clock counting down).

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2015, 05:55:43 AM »
You captured that last photo perfectly! She looks like she is thinking how dreamy he is and he is acting all cool but knows she is there..  ;D

anything