Author Topic: Newcomers in Newcrest (Failed -- Move to Graveyard)  (Read 57971 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Newcomers in Newcrest (new -- Jan 5)
« Reply #120 on: January 09, 2016, 12:32:25 PM »
Don't forget little "Sudafed", "Tylenol" and "Guaifenesin".  Can you tell I've had the flu just now?  Lol. I never thought of otc meds for names but actually they are pretty cute. 
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Newcomers in Newcrest (new -- Jan 5)
« Reply #121 on: January 16, 2016, 12:49:35 PM »
Baird, Week 8

I'm grateful to Joaquin for helping out with the cooking, truly I am, but lately he's taken to adding red pepper flakes to everything, even scrambled eggs. Help!

In retrospect, perhaps I should have added more people to the household than just Joaquin. On the one hand, I get to spend more time with Marigold than Mom ever spent with me...

On the other hand, I'm moving slowly with gaining retail perks. But perhaps a lack of helpers is not the only problem. Location matters, too, and the location I chose for Viols & Dolls might be beautiful, but it's way off the beaten track. I get only a few customers, and they tend to be the same people. To make matters worse, one is my enemy and another the mother of my enemy.

Even though I'm making little progress with the store, I'm at level 8 of my career, something I achieved with Joaquin's help. He suggested we renew our wedding vows the other day, and that gave me such a happy feeling that I was able to get a promotion in two days.

Joaquin has been making money from his paintings, having done a few masterpieces now. But his real love is music. He's still a bit scratchy on the violin, but he's making progress.

Our real star is Marigold, though, getting an A at school and completing her childhood aspiration with an all-time high score on Keyboard Commander.

We decided to reward her with a surprise. A movie theater has been added to the upstairs of Paddywack's Emporium, a space that just held boxes and a few shelves before.

We took Marigold there to see the childrens' film, Superkids: Cortex Catastrophe. Mom and Dad came along, too. I think they might have been a little bored by the movie...

...but both Marigold and I were scared by the villain. I have to admit he was pretty creepy, with his visible brain and goggles.

After finishing her Rambunctious Scamp aspiration, Marigold decided to work on her social skills. She invited her friend Alexander Goth over to play.

The two of them spent a little while finding shapes of animals in the clouds.

Then they took a picture together to commemorate the occasion.

The day finally came for my little girl to become a teen. I'll never see her in her bunny sweatshirt dress again, sigh.

Later on that day, Marigold invited Alexander over, and he became a teenager, too.

His taste in clothing is abysmal, but other than that he's a nice kid, a bookworm and an insider.

Marigold has a bit of a crush on him, which is okay with me. The Goths are the oldest family in town.

Still, she's not going to have much time for romance just yet. She has to get an A and get promoted in the barista career, and also max fitness and mixology, while achieving the Bodybuilder aspiration, not to mention start helping out at the store. But I think my little girl is going to make this all look easy.

When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Newcomers in Newcrest (new -- Jan 16)
« Reply #122 on: January 16, 2016, 01:00:03 PM »
Marigold is looking so cute as a teenager.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #123 on: January 16, 2016, 03:16:53 PM »
What a fascinating chapter!
Thanks for giving us a peek of Movie Hangout in action.  Do you like the pack?
I'm glad the red hair got inherited.  Marigold makes a lovely teen!
Also love her pic of Marigold and Alex--you can really see how he ends up looking like he does as an adult.

I have only two words to say about Marigold's upcoming life as a teen--Tiger Moms!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #124 on: January 16, 2016, 05:34:01 PM »
Don't you just love the new movie stuff?  I sure do.  You did a great job setting up a theatre.  Marigold is totally adorable.  I hope she and Alexander get it together as a couple.  Good match.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #125 on: January 16, 2016, 05:59:05 PM »
Marigold thanks you all for the compliments. She is cute -- she takes after her mother and still has the red hair that they inherited from Dahlia. The near-sightedness she gets from Joaquin.

@Joria and @oshizu, yes, I do like the new movie stuff pack. So far my sims have only seen 2 movies, but both were fun. And I love the new furniture, and the descriptions in the catalog.

As for Alexander -- I can't wait to get my hands on him and give him a makeover. But Marigold and Azalea have to do a lot of work before that can happen.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #126 on: January 16, 2016, 10:12:02 PM »
I love Marigold's casual clothes! Really cool man!  ;) Hopefully you get more Retails perks soon.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #127 on: January 19, 2016, 11:01:14 AM »
Zargon, Week 9

A small blue alien has taken over the Zargon household.

Her name is Eris, after the Goddess of Discord.

For the most part Eris was a happy baby, only waking her parents from a sound sleep two nights out of three. Still, it was a relief when she became a child – cheerful, the opposite of her father's gloominess.

She immediately started working on her Social Butterfly aspiration, cuddling with her mother...

,,,and even with her somewhat terrifying grandmother. Luthor didn't know if his mother would be a good influence, though. "You're going to be a little mischief-maker, aren't you, sweetheart?" he overheard her saying.

As life got back to normal, Luthor and Rhonda could get back to painting again. She reminded him that he'd agreed to do her picture.

"On it," he responded.

One day Rhonda took Eris to the park to meet some other children. She got to know Lucas Munch and Xarelto Oirat.

She gazed at clouds with Michael Cormier. He was angry at first to find out that she was an alien, but then he decided that her interpretations of clouds ("that's a nefferbat") were pretty cool.

Finally, it was time to go home. "Please, can't we stay a little longer?" Eris begged. But Rhonda said it was suppertime.

When Luthor came home from work, they had a family gathering. He didn't see why it had to be in Eris's room, but that was where she was doing her homework, so that was where they say. His mother reminded him that Eris would have to take over from him as club leader, which made him a bit sad.

Now that Eris was in school, Rhonda didn't have much to do during the day except watch television. She quickly traded in their tiny box for something a little larger.

One afternoon she watched – and cried over – the movie Simder.

"You have to see this," she told Luthor when he came home. "It's the best movie."

"Of course it is," said Luthor. "It's about a painter."

"Oh, he turns out to be a rat," said Rhonda. "Like some other painter I could mention."

It still annoyed Rhonda that her picture was on a separate wall from the one showing the rest of the family. Luthor had told her it was because there wasn't room, but he'd managed to find room for Eris's baby picture.

Eris enjoyed the movies, too. Her favorite was Lost Dog's Journey Home. "It's so sad when he realizes that he'd much rather be home with the little girl," she sobbed to Michael Cormier – who didn't think it was sad at all.

One night Luthor was summoned to make his report to Zargon Headquarters.

"I'm at level 6 of my job, and the wormhole generator has been added to my rocket ship," he reported proudly. "My heir, Eris, is a B student and has completed her childhood aspiration."

"What about your heir's mother?" asked the commander.

"Rhonda?" said Luthor. "What about her?"

"Indications are that she is not happy. She spends all her time soaking up simish propaganda rather than furthering the Zargon cause."

"Oh," said Luthor. "I'll see what I can do."

"Excellent," said the Zargon commander. "It's high time you stopped mooning over that sim girl."

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Newcomers in Newcrest (new -- Jan 19)
« Reply #128 on: January 19, 2016, 05:12:05 PM »
Poor Luthor!  You and Yuki just aren't meant to be this time!
(I wonder why it's so hard to sympathize with Rhonda...)
Eris is sooooo cute!  Love the blue skin and blonde hair of this family.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #129 on: January 19, 2016, 07:18:40 PM »
Eris is totally adorable.  Kind of worrisome seeing "Grandma" encouraging mischief in her though.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #130 on: January 20, 2016, 09:13:38 PM »
Eris is such a sweet looking 'alien', You can see with the shot with her grandma that they are related.. those cheekbones! And I do feel sorry for Rhonda, but I can see this is going to make her very bitter indeed!  :-\ Poor Luthor too..

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #131 on: January 21, 2016, 11:51:21 AM »
Oirat, Week 9

Xarelto celebrated his teen birthday early Sunday morning.

Within moments, he went from the complacency of knowing that he'd accomplished everything he needed to do as a child to overwhelming anxiety about all his tasks. He had to do homework again so he could get an A.

He had to learn enough mixology to get a promotion.

He had to start learning how to repair things. The radio might not have been the best place to start, but he managed not to electrocute himself.

His luck held when he tackled the dishwasher. (Warning: do not try this at home. Mop first, then repair.)

For fun, he was allowed to go exploring in the rocket ship. It was fun – the best part of the day, except maybe sinking into bed at night – but he wasn't collecting much. He had only one space rock to show for his efforts.

When his dad finished installing the wormhole generator, Xarelto went to Sixam to look for aliens – not others like him, but the little creatures that could be collected. He took a moment to admire the scenery before digging into a vent.

All the aliens he found were dead though. That didn't matter too much; he had the ability to revive them, even if it did tire him out a little.

On Saturday, he went to the park in Willow Creek to join the other Garden Gnomes in fishing. "We have a little initiation ritual," Bjorn Bjergson told him.

"But I've been a member since I was a child," Xarelto objected.

"Children are exempt," said Bjorn. "And it's pretty easy – you just have to fish for an hour while wearing the designated club outfit."

Xarelto knew from experience that the Garden Gnomes always wore something green, so that didn't sound too bad. Until he changed into the clothes they put out for him.

"You just wait till you become a teen," he warned Lucas Munch when he snickered.

Even though he usually enjoyed fishing, it was a relief to get home. A family gathering was in progress, so Xarelto asked his grandfather to show him the secret handshake. Becoming good friends with his grandfather was another task, but Xarelto didn't mind this one.

"Nice job reviving those squid," his grandfather told him.

Downstairs Lipitor relaxed with a movie. All he had to do now was pay a few more compliments to his wife and get that last promotion. "Looking beautiful, sweetheart," he said.

"Aww, you're just saying that to get those charisma points," said Wendy.

"True," said Lipitor, "but that doesn't mean it isn't heartfelt."

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Newcomers in Newcrest (new -- Jan 21)
« Reply #132 on: January 21, 2016, 02:48:28 PM »
Zarelto turned out pretty handsome, didn't he?  Is it hard to get the collections with the space ship?  Digging the Garden Gnomes gear. *snicker*

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #133 on: January 21, 2016, 03:15:13 PM »
Zarelto turned out pretty handsome, didn't he?  Is it hard to get the collections with the space ship?  Digging the Garden Gnomes gear. *snicker*

Xarelto looks like his father except with red hair, and yes, it is hard -- he took about 4 trips where he came up empty. I don't know if that's because he's a teen. I think I'll let space rocks wait until my last heir.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #134 on: January 21, 2016, 06:54:00 PM »

Xarelto looks like his father except with red hair, and yes, it is hard -- he took about 4 trips where he came up empty. I don't know if that's because he's a teen. I think I'll let space rocks wait until my last heir.
Oh yes! The image where Xarelto is doing homework in front of his father's portrait really showcases their resemblance!
The alien bloodlines seem much harder than the non-alien ones, since each alien heir needs some way to travel to Sixam for their collection.
Including an alien bloodline is a great way for encouraging us to play aliens, though. Seems like such a great challenge!

Haha, the Garden Gnomes haze their new members!  lol
Looking forward to seeing how the other brother turns out.