Author Topic: Newcomers in Newcrest (Failed -- Move to Graveyard)  (Read 57980 times)

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
Re: Newcomers in Newcrest (new -- Jan 21)
« Reply #135 on: January 22, 2016, 01:35:25 AM »
"True," said Lipitor, "but that doesn't mean it isn't heartfelt." OMG! Too funny! Compliment outfit and heartfelt compliment in one fell swoop! So good!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Newcomers in Newcrest (new -- Jan 21)
« Reply #136 on: January 24, 2016, 09:23:32 AM »
Baird, Week 9

Joaquin celebrated his adult birthday this week.

That meant I celebrated mine, too. But I didn't want any pictures taken of me. For one thing, I was in my kimono at the time. Joaquin thought of the perfect way to relieve our midlife crises, though. He suggested we renew our wedding vows. Is it any wonder I'm in love with the man?

He's making some progress with the violin, which he enjoys a lot more than painting. He invited the Newcrest String Quartet over the other night. ( I slept through the whole thing, thankfully.) Given the number of times she's shopped at our store, you would think that Yuki would have her own violin, but apparently she forgot to bring it.

And actually, now that Joaquin has painted his masterpiece portrait of Marigold – on his first try, too! --  he can quit painting entirely. Would you believe this picture of her struggling with yoga is worth over 8,000 simoleons?

Speaking of her struggles with yoga, I really think she should stick with mixology as her second skill rather than wellness. I'm not sure she could survive working on wellness.

Needless to say, I'm really proud of our little flower. She's beginning to help around the store and doesn't mind dealing with our alien customers. Tianna Oirat isn't so bad, although I am enemies with her son.

But I just can't stand that Aniara Zargon.

Like any teen, Marigold has her ups and downs. She'll leave for school one morning on top of the world because she's reached the pinnacle of the barista job and can quit...

And will come home devastated because one of her friends asked her for the answers to a test and got mad at her because she wouldn't give them. That's a lose-lose situation if ever I saw one. Luckily Joaquin was home to give her a much-needed hug.

What with school and the store, she hasn't had much time for herself, but she does try to get out for a jog and some exercise every day. She definitely prefers the scenery in Windenburg to what's available in Newcrest.

And she invited Alexander Goth to come and hang out at the store, although she didn't get to spend much time with him.

She agrees with me and Joaquin that there's nothing prettier than the view from the store's rooftop.

Especially if you're eating a roasted veggie dog.

We're not doing as well with the store as we could, but that's about to change. Now that I've become a Concert Virtuoso, I can take some vacation time. To put it another way – I'm a level 10 Entertainer now. Yay, me!

When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Newcomers in Newcrest (new -- Jan 24)
« Reply #137 on: January 24, 2016, 05:11:36 PM »
Yay you for sure!!  Isn't entertainer a hard one to max?  Scares me for certain.  I love Marigold's style.  She wears the cutest outfits and remains just as adorable as a teen as she was as a child.  I agree with her on the view.  How clever of you to choose that spot for your shop!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #138 on: January 24, 2016, 05:21:05 PM »
Yay you for sure!!  Isn't entertainer a hard one to max?  Scares me for certain.  I love Marigold's style.  She wears the cutest outfits and remains just as adorable as a teen as she was as a child.  I agree with her on the view.  How clever of you to choose that spot for your shop!

Not so clever. The view is great, but it takes about a sim hour for customers to show up. And the one time I let Azalea leave for work from there, she lost performance time for being late. To leave the lot, she runs (or more likely, strolls) all the way down to the pier before disappearing (no pun intended). So I wouldn't recommend placing a shop there.

I worked on both branches of the Entertainer career for last year's final challenge, so knew what to expect. Actually, it's not that bad, especially if your sim has maxed piano and violin already. Once she got into the Music branch (at level 5), all Azalea had to do was play music as her task -- which was fun. And she could even make money at it from writing jingles.

Glad to see you've got your Audrey Hepburn sim as your avatar!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #139 on: January 24, 2016, 05:43:45 PM »
Marigold has grown up into a very attractive teen, especially in that black-and-brown outfit.
Congrats on Azalea's L10 promotion. I just now revisited the RDC rules and Azalea's stats--she has accomplished so much already!

I look forward to reading about Azalea's management of her store!
You once said you like most whenever bloodline you are playing, and today I realized that you make me feel that way, too!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #140 on: January 27, 2016, 02:44:47 PM »
Zargon, Week 10

Luthor was soon able to take a job in the Master of the Real branch of the Painter career. He didn't know whether it was significant that his uniform included the same t-shirt as that worn by the insane homeless sims in the park.

In his work, he began to focus more on the sights around him, painting this house just on the other side of the bridge from his home.

As a prize he was given a small statue of a ballerina. There wasn't room for it in Eris's room, so they put it in the hall outside.

Things were beginning to get resolved at home. He had taken the advice of the Zargon commander to heart and intended to marry Rhonda just as soon as he had a few hours of uninterrupted time. Just before proposing, though, he had a moment of panic. He sent a text to Yuki, I need to see you. Can I come over?

Sure! Yuki responded. Candy and I would love to see you. That wasn't quite the response that  Luthor wanted. He took a deep breath and went into the living room. Eris had gone to bed, so he and Rhonda could be alone. "Let's watch a movie," he said. He picked a horror film as it offered more opportunities for cuddling. But he wasn't prepared for how scary the movie was.

He soon recovered his composure and was able to begin his prepared remarks. "Rhonda, I know I haven't treated you as kindly as you'd like..."

Eventually, he was able to get to the nub of the question. Since Rhonda was insane, he didn't know how she would react when he proposed.

Luckily she took it well.

A few minutes later they exchanged their wedding vows.

Luthor was surprised at how happy he felt about being married. He was able to get another promotion the next day, and he quickly gained more logic skill while playing chess in the park.

He still had bouts of sadness, but he could always have fun watching the Khlumzee sisters.

As for the pictures on the wall – he moved the ones of Rhonda over to the ones of the rest of his family (and reminded himself that he would have to take a photo of Eris before she became a teen).

He kept the ones of Yuki, though, and Rhonda wisely didn't say anything about them.

Eris, meanwhile, had been developing her skill in mischief. Her first attempt at the hand buzzer trick didn't go so well – she had the mechanism turned the wrong way.

And her grandmother laughed when Eris told her that aliens were going to invade. "Of course we are, honey," said Aniara. "We're already here."

But when Eris told her that she was going to pick the "good" trait when she grew up, Aniara reacted to the fake bad news appropriately.

Later, in the park, Eris decided that the first recipient of her chain letter would be the tiresome man who kept trying to talk to her father while he was playing chess with her.

She couldn't wait until she got old enough to go and clog his sink.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Newcomers in Newcrest (new -- Jan 27)
« Reply #141 on: January 27, 2016, 02:59:09 PM »
In personality, Eris is very much the descendant of the founder, lol.  A problem child, for sure!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #142 on: January 28, 2016, 02:58:06 PM »
"Couldn't wait to go clog the sink."  LOL!!  Eris is sooooo naughty.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #143 on: January 30, 2016, 08:33:34 AM »
Oirat, Week 10

"Again?" Lipitor groaned as he looked up at the saucer-shaped command module above him.

"I've completely upgraded my rocket ship. I've regained my powers and can do with a minimal amount of sleep, food, bathing, and elimination. The next time I go to work it's almost a certainty that I'll be promoted to Celebrity Mixologist. So what more do you want to know?"

"That's all very good," said the Oirat commander. "But that's not why I summoned you. Headquarters has some concern about your marital relationship. Apparently they received a report that your wife was crying inside that device where you store clothes --"

"—the closet," said Lipitor. "I can explain. I had to work the same evening when she had her midlife birthday, so she was sad about that."

"Hmm," said the commander. "Well, that will be all – for now."

Lipitor returned to his home. He wasn't sure whether to feel relieved or anxious. Would he be summoned again?

The next night, Wendy had to go. The commander went straight to the point. "Are you happy in your marriage? We're a bit worried that our representatives have been rushing into relationships too quickly and then neglecting their spouses."

"Not me," said Wendy. "Lipitor's been great. He's always paying me compliments, brightening my day, even flattering me sometimes. And I don't think the only thing he wanted was to produce an heir. We have a second son, you know."

The commander coughed. "Very commendable, I'm sure. You may go."

"I wonder what that was all about," Wendy said when she returned home.

"Probably the Zargons stirring up trouble again," said Lipitor.

Speaking of Advil, it was time for him to become a teen. Xarelto congratulated him beforehand.

And Wendy made sure he had a cake with candles.

He grew up into quite a handsome youth. Everyone had expected him to be a carbon copy of his brother, but when they took a picture together their differences were obvious.

"I'm the one he inherited his nose from," said Wendy, and their picture confirmed it.

Meanwhile, Xarelto had been working on his skills. The best thing about fishing was that he got to see pretty scenery. He fished by the center lake in Newcrest...

...at the wide creek in Willow Creek...

...at the pond in Oasis Springs...

...and at the thin creek running through the park there.

Finally he completed his handiness skill and was able to enter the old mine shaft. It looked a bit ominous as he approached one night, and Xarelto had the distinct feeling that someone was watching him.

He pried the boards off with his hammer.

Inside the grotto was the prettiest place that he'd fished so far – and the most lucrative, for thousand-simoleon sturgeons practically leaped on to his hook.

Besides going fishing, Xarelto also traveled into space, trying to collect small aliens.

When he had seven – four space squid, two pink whales, and a red coral – he took them to the Museum on his grandparents' lot. He also hung the two portraits that Wendy had painted.

One of Xarelto's good friends, Lucas Munch, was ready to become a teen, so he invited him over for some cake.

Lucas turned out to have a strong resemblance to Eddie Haskell, one of the characters that had been on the ancient television show that had been the first message the Oirats received on Sixam.

They replaced the candles on the cake, and Xarelto became an adult. He hadn't quite finished his requirements while he was a teen – he still had to make two enemies and catch five more fish, but he'd made good progress.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Newcomers in Newcrest (new -- Jan 30)
« Reply #144 on: January 30, 2016, 12:43:08 PM »
Xarelto really led a productive teen life! All the outdoor shots are really lovely.

Offline Chickwit

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #145 on: February 01, 2016, 01:16:51 PM »
Poor Wendy must have felt so confused being summoned to the Commander like that. I'd like to see Rhonda's response if she too were summoned.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #146 on: February 01, 2016, 07:34:56 PM »
Xarelto is looking and doing good!  Do the two brothers share in things a lot?

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #147 on: February 01, 2016, 08:03:33 PM »
Xarelto is looking and doing good!  Do the two brothers share in things a lot?

Not really -- Xarelto has been busy fishing and leveling handiness. And then he'll move out. But we might see more of Advil -- I just don't know at this point.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #148 on: February 01, 2016, 08:05:33 PM »
Baird, Week 10

We've been very busy at the store this week. Although we still don't have all the perks, we've made some progress, picking up Faster Checkout and Faster Stocking. But we find time for other things, too, like admiring the scenery.

Joaquin has been painting...

...and I sometimes have fun dancing (check out my new threads!).

Marigold keeps improving her skill in Mixology...

...and when she goes off to school, Joaquin and I take advantage of our privacy. But now that she's gotten her A, she's at the store full-time.

One afternoon, Marigold went off to work out at the gym.

She'd said that she might stop off at Mom's house to drop off the portrait that Joaquin had painted of her. Having that masterpiece in her inventory had caused our taxes to skyrocket to $20,000.

So we weren't too worried when she didn't show up immediately. But as it got dark, we began to wonder what had happened to her. Finally, Joaquin went over to the house to see if she was there. He was a little shocked that she was there alone with Alexander Goth.

"We were just celebrating our birthdays," Marigold explained when he glared at her. And Joaquin had to admit that the confetti falling around Alexander confirmed her statement.

"I baked our cake myself," said Marigold, "although Alexander couldn't wait for a piece and had some leftover fish taco.

Then she blew out her candles and became a young adult.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Newcomers in Newcrest (new -- Feb 1)
« Reply #149 on: February 07, 2016, 11:50:34 AM »
Zargon, Week 11

One night while Luthor was painting, he spotted Yuki walking down the street. She was all dressed up, as if she was going to a party. On impulse, he went out to talk to her. Their conversation was a bit awkward. "Are you happy?" he asked. "Yes," she said. "Are you?" "Yes," he said. "Well, that's good," they said at the same time. They both laughed a little, but not too much. "You want to know a secret?" Luthor leaned in. "You look beautiful tonight."

After Yuki left, Luthor started painting again. The next morning Rhonda found the half-finished painting on the easel. She couldn't prove it was of Yuki, but she felt suspicious. She almost scrapped it – but decided not to.

When Luthor finished the painting it was a masterpiece. He had better sense than to hang it in the house, though. Instead he submitted it to a juried show. A few days later he won first prize – and received his final promotion to Master of the Real.

Meanwhile, Eris was growing up. She wasn't quite the terror of the playground – she never did get the hang of her hand buzzer.

The morning of her birthday, Luthor gave her a big hug. "Proud of you, chicken," he murmured.

Her grandparents came over, and they celebrated.

Eris worked hard her first few days as a teen. She got a job as a barista – and was soon promoted to level 3. She had her dad paint her portrait.

And she went to Sixam to start gathering geodes for her collection.

The scenery was awe-inspiring. Eris thought that maybe someday she'd try to climb one of those spiky mountains.

Homework and her job cut into mischief time, however. One day Eris had a brilliant idea. As an alien, she could disguise herself. By day she would be the good student and hard-working mixologist. At night, she would become Resi Granzo, prankster.

"Places to go, people to annoy," she muttered to herself, and hurried over to the disco club. She slipped in while the bouncer had his back to her. "Hey, goofy!" she greeted Liberty Lee.

"What's that over there?" she asked Zachary Masterson – and then she pounced.

"Get a grip, kid," he said. "No hard feelings?" asked Eris, offering to shake his hand.

"Nope," he said, laughing.

The next night she decided to work on making an enemy. "Ignorant jock," she taunted Advil Oirat. "You don't even have the intelligence to realize I'm insulting you."

A few minutes later, they got into a fight. Eris lost, but it was worth it.

The next day she applied for membership in the Renegades. "Qualifications?" asked Max Villareal.
"Level 7 mischief, and I'm enemies with Advil Oirat," said Eris. "You're in," said Max. "Great," said Eris. "Now scram."

After she finished her game of blic-bloc, she went to help Morgan and Ulrike clog the drains in the girls' bathroom. It was a matter of pride with her that she finished her sink first.

Eris's crowning achievement came at the end of the night, though. "Pleased to meet you," she said politely to Tianna Oirat.

Later while watching Diamonds are for Sims with her dad, she remarked that she was thinking about becoming a kleptomaniac when she became an adult so that she could do cool things like steal pink diamonds and make her escape in a speedboat.

Luthor reported the conversation to Rhonda. "I don't know what's going to become of our wild child," said Rhonda. "I'm really afraid she'll end up in jail."

anything