Author Topic: Newcomers in Newcrest (Failed -- Move to Graveyard)  (Read 57970 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Newcomers in Newcrest (new -- Feb 7)
« Reply #150 on: February 09, 2016, 10:50:55 AM »
Oirat, Week 11

It was a busy week for Xarelto. He didn't have to go to school anymore, and it was too soon for him to start his job, but he still had to catch some more fish, and make friends and enemies. He found Luthor Zargon at home and picked a fight with him. Xarelto lost.

Marigold Baird came along while he was fishing in Oasis Springs Park, trying to catch an elusive piranha. He laughed at the outfit she was wearing.

They soon got into a fight. Xarelto lost that one, too. Marigold might have been skinny and a girl, but she was in much better shape.

Someone had told Xarelto how to find a great fishing spot – you had to look at the tree, and water it, and then chat about its roots. He did all that, but still was surprised when a door opened in its trunk.

Xarelto entered and found himself in a fairytale world.

"This might be a good place to take a girlfriend," he thought.

But first he had to find a girlfriend. He went to Aliens' Night at the Harbor Inn Bar. While there, he learned an important lesson about dating:  Playing with a llamacorn that you'd fished out of a pond was not the best way to impress a woman.

At last the day came when Xarelto caught the last fish that he needed for his collection – a kissing gourami.

He hurried home, where he stayed long enough to give his tent and portable shower to his younger brother and to take a picture with his dad.

Then he moved to his new lot. Because of all the sturgeon he'd caught, he was able to build a pretty nice house.

It had a good-sized living room with a TV, a nice bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen. There was even enough money left for a nursery.

As soon as the house was built, Xarelto was whisked away to Command Headquarters for his report. Unfortunately, some guy in a pick-up truck saw him return.

Early the next morning, Xarelto invited over Francesca Velasquez, a woman he'd met through the alien dating service. She showed up just as his parents and grandparents came over bringing fruitcake.

It took a few minutes, but he was finally able to get rid of them. Except for his mother, who wanted to know all about Francesca. Once she found out that Francesca was good, a genius, and a lover of the outdoors, she was finally persuaded to leave.

Francesca quickly agreed to move in, and Xarelto asked her for a date.

They went into the living room to watch a movie on his new TV. After some flirting...

...and a suave kiss, they decided to try for baby.

Xarelto was delighted when Francesca told him that she was pregnant, and they became best friends.

He was so happy that he went ahead with his proposal. But it was too soon, and not nearly romantic enough. Francesca turned him down.

They went to the park to play chess and repair their relationship. Xarelto needed to develop his logic skill if he wanted to become an astronaut. Fitness was the other skill he needed to work on, and Francesca would be able to mentor him in that as soon as they got a treadmill. While they were playing, the guy who'd been in the pick-up truck came along. "Hey, you're that alien I saw the other night!" he shouted. Ordinarily Xarelto would have brushed off the embarrassment, but coming on top of his rejection, it was too much. He sank to his knees with a moan...

...and died.

Francesca tried to plead with the Grim Reaper, but he wouldn't listen to her. "You're the one who turned down his proposal, lady," he said. "And besides, your aura is still a happy green. No way am I bringing him back."

Francesca set up his tombstone in the back yard, next to the wedding arch that would never be used and the rocket ship that would never be built.

It faced the point where the moon would rise every night.

Thus, the Oirat bloodline comes to an end. The story continues, though, with the Zargons and Bairds vying for domination. And who knows? Xarelto's child might play a part, too.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Newcomers in Newcrest (new -- Feb 9)
« Reply #151 on: February 09, 2016, 12:20:23 PM »
Oh no!!!  Poor Zarelto!  Why did he die?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #152 on: February 09, 2016, 12:30:23 PM »
Oh no!!!  Poor Zarelto!  Why did he die?

Sims get very embarrassed if they propose and are rejected. His mood had gone back to happy, though, before I sent him and Francesca to the park. Those yellow moodlets were still lurking, and when a guy who came over to the chess table saw through his disguise and realized he was an alien, that added another embarrassment, which sent him over the edge. I really didn't expect it, and was so startled that I almost forgot Francesca could plead for his life. I really thought she could bring him back, but that didn't happen, sigh.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #153 on: February 09, 2016, 12:47:06 PM »
Wow, that was a dramatic and unanticipated development!!!
Xarelto was doing so well!  He completed the Angling Ace aspiration, right?  Then he built that lovely house!
Does Xarelto have a trait that makes him particularly susceptible to Embarrassment?
Is Francesca pregnant?  Oh oh oh, so many questions!

What happens now?  Can Xarelto's younger brother step forward as the new heir of the bloodline?
I'm so sad for Xarelto.   :'(

ETA: Oh, I see. I re-read your earlier post where you mentioned that the Oirats bloodline are out of the running.
Would be great if we could see Xarelto's child back into your narrative, as you suggested.

P.S. I love Xarelto's house!

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #154 on: February 09, 2016, 09:58:09 PM »
Oh no :-( poor Xarelto! Naughty Frannie! How dare you kill your lover by turning him down when he proposed! Well, 1 down and 2 more to go... Just means more generations needed to fill all the lots lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #155 on: February 13, 2016, 11:47:17 PM »
Wow, just...wow. I've been following this story for a while and I just wanted to say that I really enjoy it. Your families are fun (partial to the Zargons, myself) and your writing flows well.

That said....Xaralto!! :( Do I sense an alien alliance in the future? Or will the young Oirat ally with the Bairds to prevent the Zargons from achieving victory? Can't wait to see where the story goes from here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #156 on: February 16, 2016, 09:56:21 AM »
Baird, Week 11

Most of the time, things were fairly dull at Viols & Dolls. But one day, two of their older customers got into a fight over a guitar autographed by Bruce Simsteen. Everyone stopped what they were doing except for Marcos, who was waiting impatiently for someone to ring him up.

The day came at last when all the perks had been purchased, and Marigold could finish her other requirements. She ate a last veggie dog on the roof before leaving.

Her first stop was the gym. While running on the treadmill, she watched a movie about frogs in space – someone's science experiment gone horribly wrong?

Then she switched to the weight machine. While developing fitness, Marigold had become good friends with two gym trainers, Dina Caliente and Dillon Hopper.

Her next stop was the home of Luthor Zargon. He was the only one there, so she made him her enemy (and won the fight, too, of course).

She visited her grandparents and dropped off the seven drinks that she had made while maxing mixology.

She hugged her grandmother before leaving. "Thanks for being my good friend," she said, "and for giving me the genes for red hair."

And then it was time to say good-bye to her parents. "I'll just be down the street," Joaquin said, as she hugged him. "Drop in any time."

She gave her mother the bro hug she'd learned from her Grandfather J.

After getting rid of the portable bar in her possession, Marigold moved to a new, empty lot. She invited Alexander Goth over, and he soon became a member of her household, along with his sister Cassandra, who was still in high school. They both had the gloomy trait, but Marigold figured they'd keep her from getting too playful.

The three of them spent some time looking over available houses. Marigold wanted something modern and simple, but both the Goths insisted on something with more style. They won out, choosing Ye Olde Tavern, by @Indira .

"It'll be fun fixing it up," said Cassandra, as they replaced the crates with some of the furniture that Marigold had picked up while she was checking out other jobs. They added a basement with a bathroom and two bedrooms – one for Cassandra and the other for the next Baird heir.

Cassandra went to work painting immediately.

And after he got a haircut, Alexander started writing his first book – Pat the Badger.

After Cassandra went to bed, Marigold and Alexander had their first date. He gave her a rose...

...they hugged...

...and then they tried for baby, producing first fireworks and then feathers.

Marigold was pretty sure she was pregnant when she threw up, but she waited a bit before taking the test. She wanted to be fully centered before going to work her first day.

She took the test as soon as she got home. Immediately, she told Alexander the good news. He was a bit gloomy at first – "How are we going to raise a child and run a store and do our jobs?" he asked. "We'll sort it out," Marigold answered. "If my parents could do it, I'm sure we can, too."

Speaking of the store, Marigold bought a lot in Oasis Springs and set up a building – something based on an octagon so there wouldn't be any corners where customers got stuck.

Inside, they would sell statues. So far she only had enough money for 3 figures, and she hadn't decided on a name yet. Statuesque? Figures of Fun? Something like that.

With the Oirats out of contention, Marigold knew that she had a chance of winning. The Bairds were ahead of the Zargons -- but not by much.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Newcomers in Newcrest (new -- Feb 16)
« Reply #157 on: February 16, 2016, 01:30:25 PM »
Marigold ftw!  She is so spunky and cute.  I love that door you chose for the store.  It's become my favorite for all my houses lately.  It can be fun and funky with a lot of color, or simple and sweet.    Is she the first in her bloodline to not live above her shop?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #158 on: February 16, 2016, 02:19:36 PM »
Marigold ftw!  She is so spunky and cute.  I love that door you chose for the store.  It's become my favorite for all my houses lately.  It can be fun and funky with a lot of color, or simple and sweet.    Is she the first in her bloodline to not live above her shop?

And that door is cheap, too. As for living above her shop, I'll probably put something up there, but with Cassandra joining the household as well as Alexander, it would get pretty crowded. So I guess she is the first where I built the house (with a little help from Indira) before the shop.

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #159 on: February 17, 2016, 12:24:28 AM »
It is so lovely to see my house being used in a game/story. Thanks @MarianT :D

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #160 on: February 20, 2016, 06:25:42 AM »
I must have missed something along the way... How is Alex older than Cassie?!?

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #161 on: February 20, 2016, 07:19:43 AM »
I must have missed something along the way... How is Alex older than Cassie?!?

Alex became good friends with Marigold when they were children, so she was able to age him up to teen, and then from teen to YA when she had her next birthday. Aging is off for the townies generally, but you can age up ones that your sims are good friends with.

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #162 on: February 20, 2016, 10:00:47 AM »
*feels dumb* oh ok *blush* I really should have read the rules better before reading the stories lol d'oh!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #163 on: February 20, 2016, 01:53:15 PM »
*feels dumb* oh ok *blush* I really should have read the rules better before reading the stories lol d'oh!

Don't feel dumb -- there's no reason why you'd have all the rules of a challenge in your head unless it's one that you're doing.

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #164 on: February 20, 2016, 03:55:40 PM »
Lol thanks Marian! But I usually read up on the ruleset when I start reading new challenge stories, and for some reason that little salient point in the rules just sort of swished by me without making an impact lol