Author Topic: Newcomers in Newcrest (Failed -- Move to Graveyard)  (Read 57977 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Newcomers in Newcrest (new -- Feb 16)
« Reply #165 on: February 23, 2016, 03:14:30 PM »
Zargon, Week 12

During the day, Eris has been almost a model teenager, making straight A's and working on her requirements as the heir in a dynasty.

Thanks to her job as a barista, she's been able to help her mother figure out how to use the espresso machine.

And she's continued developing her skill as a mixologist.

Eris has also made a few trips to Sixam, to pick up geodes.

And she completed her collection not long ago.

But Luthor and Rhonda have become aware of a few cracks in her facade – her "experiments" with a voodoo doll, for example.

And then there's the maniacal laugh she inherited from her grandmother.

One night she caused them serious concern by disappearing for a few hours. "It was alien night at the bar," she explained later.

"I didn't do anything. I was just hoping to meet some other aliens. I didn't drink anything, although I did mix a few drinks for some customers.

"But I'll tell you there was someone there who shouldn't have been – that woman who killed poor Xarelto. And I don't know who was looking after her kid while she was there," Eris concluded virtuously.

But Eris's parents didn't know about her alter-ego, Resi Granzo. She'd lately found an unusual form of enjoyment – clogging drains.

Since the Oirats were no longer in contention, she left them alone. But Dahlia Baird was fair game.

And so was the new house belonging to Marigold.

Early Saturday morning, Eris awoke in a strange place.

She didn't know how she got here.

The last thing she remembered was making friends with Candy Behr  -- practically the only person she'd met who didn't recoil in horror upon finding out she was an alien.

She'd been at a party...and dancing...

"Hello, Sunshine!" a person with a very loud voice boomed at her. "Did you have a good night in our little holding cell?"

"No," said Eris. "I want to go home."

"Well, here's the problem," said the guard. "You happen to match the description of someone who's been charged with vandalism by Dahlia Baird, Cassandra Goth, and the staff at Bathe de Rill. You also are alleged to be the person who assaulted Advil Oirat. Added to all that, you're a little young to be frequenting the Pan Europa.

"Lucky for you, you're a minor, so you'll be put on probation. By the way, we confiscated your homework – we didn't want the other prisoners getting jealous. So as soon as you give us your parents' phone number, we'll call them and have them come pick you up."

"And if I don't want you to notify my parents?" Eris asked.

"Then you're stuck here until you do," said the guard.

Eris soon discovered that prison was boring. She tried to make the time pass with exercising, but doing sit-ups got old fast.

It was Saturday, and outside the sun was shining. Everyone else was enjoying the day, meeting friends in the park, playing darts...she didn't even have a book to read. She didn't even have homework. It was all too unfair.

"Okay," she finally told the guard. "You can call them."

"No need to," said the guard. "They showed up a few minutes ago, frantic because their darling daughter has been missing for twelve hours."

"Great!" said Eris. "I can't wait to get out of here."

"Just a minute," said the guard. "If you're planning on joining the criminal career – and I'm pretty sure you are – you'd better know that we'll be watching you. We've got plenty of snitches and it'll be only a matter of time before one of them drops a dime on you. So if you're smart, you'll look for some other line of endeavor."
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Newcomers in Newcrest (new -- Feb 23)
« Reply #166 on: February 23, 2016, 10:00:18 PM »
Eris seems like such a fun sim to play!
Love her multi-colored dreads and her Jekyll/Hyde existence.
Her human disguise is also really pretty!
Are most of her outfits from the Movie Night and Romantic Garden Stuff Packs (which I don't have yet)?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #167 on: February 24, 2016, 09:56:29 AM »
Eris seems like such a fun sim to play!
Love her multi-colored dreads and her Jekyll/Hyde existence.
Her human disguise is also really pretty!
Are most of her outfits from the Movie Night and Romantic Garden Stuff Packs (which I don't have yet)?

Thanks! Her disguise outfit and the yellow dress come from Move Night. I don't think anything comes from Romantic Garden.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #168 on: February 24, 2016, 03:20:27 PM »
Eris is such a naughty girl!  It's going to be fun watching her antics.  Loved seeing her in a holding cell. 
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #169 on: February 27, 2016, 01:14:07 AM »
There is too much to comment on! That's what you get for going on vacation for a month.. Am so sorry Xarleto, after all the hard work that was put into the family :( The personalities of each family is so wonderful and am happy to be caught up and look forward to reading about what is coming next!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #170 on: March 17, 2016, 08:50:49 PM »
Baird, Week 12

Cassandra soon joined Maliya and Yuki Behr in the Newcrest String Quartet. Azalea wasn't around to mentor them, though, so they all sounded as if they were playing different tunes.

Alexander was a fond parent. He and Marigold decided to name the baby Sharon rather than the longer Rose of Sharon.

Cassandra was fond of her niece, too, even if she did wake her out of a sound sleep.

But when Sharon was really unhappy, the only person who could calm her was Marigold.

With the new baby and her job, Marigold often came home from work exhausted.

She did get a giggle, though, from watching Alexander try to do yoga.

It wasn't long before Sharon became a child. Like her father, she was a bookworm who loved to read.

But she enjoyed going to the playground, too, especially if Alexander came along to cheer her progress across the monkey bars.

They set up a bedroom for her in the basement with her Aunt Cassandra.

One of Sharon's favorite activities was playing Don't Wake the Llama with Cassandra.

Marigold was usually at work when she came home from school, so Sharon got help with her homework from Alexander.

As an aspiring Social Butterfly, Sharon loved hugging people.

She was especially happy when Cassandra agreed to be her best friend.

By the end of the week, Marigold felt that she deserved a break. When she wasn't at work she was either running the store...

...or researching her opponents for the next game.

Friday evening, Alexander suggested they go out on a date. He had a poem to read to her:

Marigold,
Let's grow old,
And always be happy
Together.

"That was beautiful," sighed Marigold.
"I hope you think this is beautiful, too," said Alexander. "I give it to you with my heart."

Marigold couldn't think of anything to say, so she just leaped into his arms.

They went home and celebrated by getting married.

They celebrated in other ways, too, but didn't want to be photographed.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
Re: Newcomers in Newcrest (new -- Mar 17)
« Reply #171 on: March 18, 2016, 12:30:12 AM »
Yay! They got married and both of them are such wonderful parents. I do like Cassie becoming best friends with Sharon.. so cute.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Newcomers in Newcrest (new -- Mar 17)
« Reply #172 on: March 23, 2016, 09:35:27 AM »
Zargon, Week 13

Eris became a young adult early on Sunday morning. Knowing that she was concerned about weight gain, Luthor fixed her a carob cake instead of one heavily laden with sugar.

She spent much of the day working on her mixology skill. It was a good thing she didn't have any eyebrows as this trick might have singed them off.

Her last act was to pick a fight with Azalea Baird. Marigold was at work, and besides, Eris didn't want to fight with someone so athletic. Even so, she lost. With lots of experience, Azalea had learned to pack a mean punch.

Eris moved into this house designed by @Playalot .

She found someone who might have been the only non-Oirat male alien in Newcrest – Coleman Bergman. After some conversation, they became friendly enough so that she could invite him to move in. But it was a while before he warmed up to the idea of romance, and they spent a fair amount of time feeling awkward and embarrassed.

Eris gave them both some space by inviting her family over to work on her rocket ship.

After a night on the couch, she decided that she and Coleman would have to get into a flirty mood. She turned on the romance channel, and it wasn't long before they had their first kiss.

A few hours later, Eris was able to give him the glad news that he was about to become a father.

Eris put an easel and a workout machine on the roof for Coleman to use. She also recommended that he "do something" about his lack of hair and unfashionable alien garb. Coleman complied somewhat, explaining that he just didn't feel right about covering the crown of his head.

That evening he felt romantic, sweeping Eris off her feet.

He followed that up with a proposal of marriage. "Eris, I know there's a big difference in our ages, but you make me feel young again. I'd do anything for you – will you marry me?"

Eris said yes, and they made it official.

The next day Eris went to work – as a detective. This might seem an odd career choice given her youthful pranks, but she had learned one thing from her experience behind bars – it was better to be the person with the key. She spent the morning doing mundane tasks like taking mugshots.

Later in the day she was allowed to go to a crime scene to gather evidence. It was a shock when she realized that the site was the Pan Europa Discotheque, the place where she'd been arrested not so very long ago. The chalked outline on the floor might have been of her body.

This made her feel so strange that she had to step out on the balcony for a breath of fresh air. The view of the calm bay with its lively sailboats helped steady her stomach.

Back at the station, she started analyzing the evidence she'd gathered.

She soon felt hungry and went up to the lounge for a snack. Her BLT tasted like cardboard, and Eris could tell that the baby didn't like it. But she was so happy about getting married and having a baby on the way that she didn't mind.

Near the end of the day she was sent to Magnolia Blossom park to pick up the suspect. As she dangled the handcuffs, Eris realized that she could come to enjoy her job, tastefree sandwiches and all.

It was nearly time for her to have the baby, so Eris arranged to take the next day off. That night, Coleman was summoned to meet the Zargon commander.

"What did she want?" Eris asked.

"I don't really remember," said Coleman. "It's all a blank, except – I think I might be pregnant."

"Wha-at!" Eris's exclamation turned into a howl of pain as she went into labor. Soon she had delivered Voldemort Zargon...

...followed by his brother Malfoy.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Newcomers in Newcrest (new -- Mar 23)
« Reply #173 on: March 23, 2016, 01:30:47 PM »
First, I want to say that I love Alex Goth with your Marigold.
He looks and acts so gentle and sweet! 

Oooh, I was surprised to see the wild Eris with a bald Coleman in a lab coat--but now she's a cop so her life has changed all around.
This episode really packed some surprises--first Coleman discovers he's pregnant then Eris has twins!
Just, wow!

I think I'm getting very confused about aliens these days.
I thought aliens could only wear human clothes when they're in human disguise, but apparently not.
Also, Coleman is the first male alien I'll ever see going through pregnancy, so I'm excited about watching that!
Fascinating update!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #174 on: March 23, 2016, 01:48:55 PM »
First, I want to say that I love Alex Goth with your Marigold.
He looks and acts so gentle and sweet! 

Oooh, I was surprised to see the wild Eris with a bald Coleman in a lab coat--but now she's a cop so her life has changed all around.
This episode really packed some surprises--first Coleman discovers he's pregnant then Eris has twins!
Just, wow!

I think I'm getting very confused about aliens these days.
I thought aliens could only wear human clothes when they're in human disguise, but apparently not.
Also, Coleman is the first male alien I'll ever see going through pregnancy, so I'm excited about watching that!
Fascinating update!

Aliens started out only being able to wear human clothes that they bought at a store, but that was changed in a patch several months ago. At first, alien males could get pregnant, then they changed that in a patch, but I guess now they can get pregnant if abducted.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #175 on: March 23, 2016, 02:04:19 PM »
Aliens started out only being able to wear human clothes that they bought at a store, but that was changed in a patch several months ago. At first, alien males could get pregnant, then they changed that in a patch, but I guess now they can get pregnant if abducted.

If pure aliens can keep their skintone but wear different clothes and hair, how does one tell them apart from hybrid aliens, without making them part of the household?
Invite one over and try changing their clothes in the closet? (But I have a hybrid child which the game calls a "Known alien.")
I'm so confused!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #176 on: March 23, 2016, 02:25:53 PM »

If pure aliens can keep their skintone but wear different clothes and hair, how does one tell them apart from hybrid aliens, without making them part of the household?
Invite one over and try changing their clothes in the closet? (But I have a hybrid child which the game calls a "Known alien.")
I'm so confused!

Pure aliens outside your household won't put on human clothing or add hair. That's something you can do in CAS, but the game won't do it.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #177 on: March 23, 2016, 02:34:12 PM »
Thanks for clarifying. I understand now, I think.
Pure aliens not in your household will appear either as aliens or in human disguise (with flesh-colored skintone).

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #178 on: March 23, 2016, 02:37:28 PM »
Voldemort and Malfoy, i am in love, just with the names.
I am sorry Marigold and Sharon, but i think the Zargons won me over.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #179 on: March 28, 2016, 09:33:11 PM »
Love the bald patch, love the babies, and those names!!  How appropriate!  More please.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

anything