Author Topic: The Nishijima Immortal Dynasty: If at First You Don't Succeed (Completed)  (Read 57564 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Nishijima Immortal Dynasty: If at First You Don't Succeed....
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2016, 07:53:05 PM »
Generation 3c: Tent Tribulations and a New Love

Rise and shine, all, it’s Saturday morning. Watcher here. I’ve been letting the family tell their story up to now but I thought I’d do the navigating this chapter. 
After practicing yoga, Seimei and Anastasia share a chat in the Focused Office. Though she's turned elder recently, she still has great posture (unlike Naomi who also suffers from excessive breast sagging). Nevertheless, the adult Seimei looks young for his age so they look more like mother and son than a married couple.

Anastasia has been a real trooper. She’s always taken her work and her family responsibilities very seriously, though the family elders provided most of the childcare for Koetsu so Anastasia could focus on her work promotions. Here she’s performing her daily task as Angel Investor, researching stocks. Perhaps it’s now time for her to retire and enjoy her silver years. Who am I kidding? She’s completed Nerd Brain so I’ll no doubt have her completing upgrades on the house and fishing for angelfish.
And although she criticized Tetsuji in the last chapter for lingering on, now she is the one who keeps the dynasty from moving forward.

The twins Gen5 Minoru and Tetsuji amble down to the beach for fishing in the late afternoon. In the early evening, Tetsuji suddenly starts feeling unwell.  Minoru doesn’t notice at first as he’s at another part of the beach, but he runs over when he see Grim arrive.
Grim: So, twin, your brother’s time finally came. Why are you two the only ones down here?
Minoru:  Tetsu wanted to catch more angelfish for the extra ambrosia the immortals will need because he’s lived longer than usual.
Grim: Well, that’s a nice thought, but where exactly are the immortals now?
Minoru: They’re all up at the house, except for Naomi who’s at work. But wait a minute, my twin’s only 89 days old today. Watchette told us yesterday that he could live to around 100 days.

Watchette: Yeah, that’s what I heard, too. Why are you here already?
Grimm: Even with his Active trait, maxed Fitness, and maxed Wellness, he finally ran out of luck. Also, I think he stopped clinging to that whole notion of “keepsakes.” All things must pass.
W:  So he lived only 10 extra days, instead of 20?
Grimm: Only? A person can get a lot out of life in 10 days, especially since you (finally) let him retire. And consider that the average elder life span is 10 days! He was a lucky guy. Look at me! I’m on call 24/7 like a heart surgeon but without vacation pay, or overtime, or golfing invites! Speaking of, how many urns you got there in your household inventory.
W: To my surprise, there’s 14 counting Tetsuji.
Grimm: I mean, really, with all the reaping I’ve done for your household, the least you guys could do is invite me over for a BBQ or something. We could, you know, chill together.
Minoru: Erm, do you like to play mobile video games?

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the rest of the family go about their daily lives, oblivious that Tetsuji has passed on. Here, Gen2 Satoshi plays The Refuge with Anastasia.
As Watchette, I’m feeling a little bad that Tetsu died just one sim day after I posted on The Forum about elder lifespans. We were blessed to spend so many moments with you, Tetsu. Rest in peace. We will look after your keepsakes. *cough

We’ve all been so distracted by Tetsu’s longevity that the Gen6 heir Koetsu has fallen behind schedule a bit with his dynasty requirements. Today, he has four days left of his teen years and he’s three masterpieces away from completing Painter Extraordinaire.

For me, the new Get Together club feature has also required a learning curve. I finally remove Koetsu from any  club. Rally the Troops kept refilling his Energy bar so he hasn’t been able to work on the Outdoor Enthusiast’s “Sleep 5 nights in a tent” milestone. In a tent placed between the pool and Inspired Studio, he starts this milestone. When he wakes up, though, we find he hasn’t slept enough to count for one night.  We should have started this days ago.

I’m not liking this time-consuming milestone at all. After little sleep the day before, Koetsu returns from school today with a yellow Energy bar and goes right to sleep in the tent at 3:30 pm. But he doesn’t come out of the tent until 12:47 a.m., even though his Energy bar filled up several hours earlier. (I was advised to let him wake up naturally.) Here he is, looking refreshed from his second “night” of sleep in a tent. Seriously, people, how many young adults do you know who sleep nine hours on average?
Oh well, two down and three more nights to go. Completing this milestone will require at least another sim week!

Today is Koetsu’s birthday. Since he already earned a gold medal for Anastasia’s elder birthday party, he decides to host a dinner party and age up when the party starts. During the party, Koetsu invites Brooke Wang to move in, she gets a make-over (center photo, in turquoise), and Tetsuji's son Branden Shipman (center photo, leaping on the left) ages up as well.
According to our dynasty tradition, Koetsu would start courting Brooke today with an eye toward an early engagement and heir-making. Since Anastasia is still with us, there is no room yet for a baby anyway, so Koetsu decides that he can take his time getting to know her (for a change).

Immediately after the dinner party earns a gold medal, Koetsu ends it then tries to wear himself out further (for tent sleeping) by throwing an Incognito Party. For some reason, Grandma Naomi won’t change into costume.

One of the first party milestones appearing is "Make a hamburger cake." The Founder rushes over and starts yelling at Mom for cooking, causing her to stop several times. Later, he repeats this when Grandma works on the "Make a Great quality dessert" milestone, so I banish him to the beach. Why does he think it’s inappropriate for family members to cook in their own home? And no one had a problem with The Founder (including himself) when he mixed two Buffalo Wing tea drinks to fulfill another party milestone.
His orange plumbob indicates his low Social--well, dude, if you hadn't tried to ruin the party, you could still be there, socializing like a boss.

Yes, yes, compliment on costume, compliment on costume, compliment on costume.  This party earns Koetsu his third gold medal, but just barely. The Founder disrupted completion of the two cooking milestones, delaying the appearance of other party milestones. We all held our breath, wondering if the last milestone could be completed in time.
Maybe we need to assign someone in the house as caterer for future parties. 

As for Koetsu, he wants his last two gold-medal social events to be a date with Brooke and their wedding party. After ending the Incognito party, Koetsu initially can’t get into a Flirty mood because he’s too proud of his successful gold-medal party, lol.
Incidentally, Seimei hated this party and wore a Bored moodlet due to boring conversation throughout. I’m sure it was because he had to repeatedly“Compliment on costume.” He’s over there in the astronaut costume, dancing to the refill his Fun meter. His Dancing Machine trait has been nothing to write home about...

As Koetsu continues flirting with Brooke, Gen2 Satoshi, Gen3 Naomi, and Gen4 Minoru start converging with plans to sit with the couple and eat cake. Oh no, you don’t! I quickly cancel their actions (lol) and send them all to the beach to fish.  One can never have enough angelfish, right?

Behold, their first kiss.  Glowing all pink, Brooke seems to really dig Koetsu!

Although Koetsu is quite exhausted by now, he wants to clinch the deal before stumbling off to the tent. They squee in unison as she agrees to be his girlfriend!  Yay!

Completely exhausted, Koetsu crawls into his tent, his orange plumbob a perfect match for the sleeves of his pizza boy shirt.

While Koetsu sleeps and the rest of the family go fishing, Gen2 Satoshi mentors Brooke in logic.
Then they join the others at the beach. With her Love the Outdoors trait, Brooke adores fishing and her Fishing skill rises quickly.

Since the Master Chef’s Fresh Chef trait (food never spoils) is so useful, Brooke joins the Culinary profession at Level 4 and will quit at Level 8. Here she is leveling her mixology for her first promotion. She is excited to have joined this mysterious family.

You may have noticed that Brooke looks different than when she worked as a barista. When I entered CAS to change her clothes, the first menu to pop up was the facial features menu. Since she has a Chinese last name (Wang), I went ahead and made her look more Asian.

Well, Tetsuji’s death enabled Koetsu to move in Brooke, but his mother Anastasia occupies the eighth spot in the household. The timing is going to be a little tight, but I hope we can race the clock successfully.

Today:
Koetsu is a Day 1 young adult.
Elderly Anastasia seems to have two days left. I’m not sure but I vaguely remember her receiving her first notice already. I’m happy to say that Anastasia does not have the Active trait, lol.
What’s alarming is that Brooke has only 6 days before turning into an elder. Yikes!

While they wait for Anastasia to move on, Koetsu joins the Painter career, takes Brooke on two dates, and proposes to her. Depending on his schedule, he may even have time to host their wedding party as well.

Will Brooke get pregnant in time and become mother of the Generation 7 dynasty heir? Tune in next time to find out.   :-X

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2016, 09:36:09 PM »
Just caught up.  Wow~~!  The "problem" with reading your story is I never can tell which part and which character I love the most!  It's all so good.  I hope Brook will be able to have that heir before it's too late.  Will stay tuned in, lol.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2016, 12:41:21 AM »
You had me at the opening paragraph. Way to go watcherette describing the heir and his wife more like mother and son. LOL  ;D *Dies of laughing*  And the description of Naomi... rofl. Seriously great update. I adore your sims and your humour.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2016, 04:54:37 AM »
@Joria  You are too kind! I appreciate your reading and apologize for that tacky, melodramatic soap-opera-like closing. lol. I noticed your Audry avatar was small for awhile but now is the perfect size.  She looks so gorgeous and elegant, dashing about in her black hat, sunglasses, pencil skirt (not sure if that's what it's called), and black heels. Has she turned out to be your favorite sim of recent times? And by the way, I'm sorry that your dark-haired hunk from your first RDC did not make a reappearance!  :'(

@Playalot The game seems to be much harder on female elders, or maybe it's just Naomi? Anastasia joined the fam with maxed Fitness but Naomi also maxed her Fitness, so I don't know why Naomi slouches and has breasts that sag to her waist now. it's very sad for all my elders. They used to work out and look good, but now they all slouch around, sigh all the time, and do that annoying cricky thing, lol. I remember you posting somewhere that you liked how an elder could enjoy the option of looking good if they worked out regularly--I totally agree!

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2016, 10:55:06 AM »
@oshizu I am totally in love with this story, and the "soap opera-esque" ending was just brilliant considering the impact it would have if she turned elder before Anya died! Sorry for using a nickname for her but I so didn't feel like having to remember how to write the full name lol yeah, I am THAT lazy lol
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2016, 02:36:29 PM »
@oshizu I am totally in love with this story, and the "soap opera-esque" ending was just brilliant considering the impact it would have if she turned elder before Anya died! Sorry for using a nickname for her but I so didn't feel like having to remember how to write the full name lol yeah, I am THAT lazy lol
Thanks so much for reading, @Magpie2012  It's nice to get feedback on what I'm doing.
And no worries at all about forgetting the names. The only reason I can keep them all straight is because I have the Immortal Dynasty Spreadsheet by LenaLJ which I downloaded to Excel. ;-)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Nishijima Immortal Dynasty: A New Life and a Fifth Immortal
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2016, 06:08:19 AM »
Generation 7a: A New Life and the Fifth Immortal

My name is Brooke Wang and I recently moved into the Nishijima household. Koetsu and I had been good friends already, so when he aged up to a young adult and asked me to move into that lavish home, I didn’t hesitate to say yes. Two parties later, he asks me to be his girlfriend!
Here we are at Magnolia Blossom Park at the end of a gold-medal date.  We also become best friends! I thought he might propose, but maybe he’s waiting till we get home.
Yes, he’s still wearing that tacky pizza boy costume. After the second party, he went to sleep in a tent then asked me on this date the next day (today) as soon as he work up.

Koetsu’s not the most attractive man I’ve ever dated, but he is definitely the sweetest, most thoughtful, and most talented person I’ve ever known.
Watchette: You know, Brooke, I figured out what spoils his looks. First of all, he has puffy, single-lid eyes. But the clincher is his mouth, with its half-moon upper lip and thick bottom lip. That mouth looked sexy on Gen2 Satoshi’s wife, but it’s not appealing on a man.
I don’t mind, Watchette, as long as he is a devoted, faithful husband! I’m also very excited that our baby daughter will become an immortal.
W: Don’t forget to remind him to paint your portrait for the Dynasty Museum, Brooke! Don’t waste any time on that.
Speaking of time, I wish I could get pregnant right away. My biological clock won’t wait forever, you know!
So what are you doing right now?
We’re going on a home date. He mentioned something about wanting to woohoo in a tent, but I’d rather spend time with him in that notorious Red Room!
So, we’re in the Red Room now and it’s, well, really, really red!

And then, finally, he pops the question! I’m so glad that he had the changed out of the pizza boy outfit before proposing. Kissing him in that costume wasn’t all that romantic, though it might be fun for a romantic role-playing later in our marriage. Anyway, he gives me an absolute rock of an engagement ring. I wish I could show you a better image of it, but his stupid yellow plumbob kept getting in the way.

I love this darling of a man quite to pieces! And though there’s no room in the house for a baby yet, we decide to do a full rehearsal. Another gold date! (As if this household needed any more VIP buckets…)

Grinning to myself, I head out for my first day of work. Do you think anyone will notice my pink glow? A promotion on my very first day! That’s what I’m talking about! Life is feeling pretty perfect these days!

Two days pass and it’s Monday today. Several major events happen. First, Koetsu wakes up in his tent after sleeping 10+ hours but his sleep isn’t counted toward Outdoor Enthusiast, so Watchette tells Koetsu to quit Outdoor Enthusiast. That’s the second night that Outdoor Enthusiast failed to register a night of sleeping in the tent.
Koetsu switches to Nerd Brain which, with his maxed Logic, won’t take long to complete. I’m happy about this decision, actually. With so little time left, I’d prefer that my husband not be off sleeping in a tent, leaving me alone at nights.
Second, we noticed around midnight that Anastasia’s age bar was bubbling. Grim took her away just as her husband Seimei got home from work this morning.

And this brings us to the third event.  Around noon, Koetsu and I suddenly notice that our household has shrunk to seven members. Though Koetsu’s first day of work starts at 2 p.m., that is enough time for a quickie or two. I take a test and learn, inside the world’s narrowest water closet, that I’m eating for two.  Squee!

Meanwhile, Koetsu changes for work, drinks an Essence of Inspiration, negotiates a work bonus, and leaves for work.  Not to be superficial, but could his work outfit be any less attractive?
W: I know, right? It’s even more embarrassing than The Founder’s green jacket.
I hope the work uniforms get better with promotions.
W:  They can’t possibly get any worse.

I have a couple of hours before my shift starts, so I eat 5 strawberries, listen to Pop Music, and paint a small Classical painting, then I’m off to work!
Koetsu returns home in a slightly better work outfit, after earning his first promotion to Level 5 Painter! I’m definitely getting promoted tonight, too.

The next day, I enter my second trimester. Every now and then, I sit and eat a few strawberries while listening to pop music. Looks like I’ll be having this baby tomorrow.
Besides the Chef and Mixologist aspirations, I’m also working on the Painter Extraordinare aspiration. Oh yeah, in case you’re wondering what I really look like…

Koetsu’s doing really well at work. He comes home from his second day of work with another promotion and a new Level 6 work outfit. Not bad, not bad, except for those puce sneakers.

Meanwhile, other members of the family are not passing their free time as productively. Seimei tries healing his broken heart (?!?) by persuading our postlady to join him in the sauna. As a result, we get a new postman who Naomi immediately runs over to hit on. How can she be good friends with him already without even knowing what his traits are? And surprisingly, she gets the “Ask to move in” social—why would that social appear when I’m already pregnant with the eighth household member?

Our household’s immortals all received the same message today: “It’s almost X’s time. Make the most of these final days.” Watchette hasn’t been paying close enough attention to the timing of these messages, entertaining the vague notion that age bars start bubbling two days after receiving the first notice. As for me, my age bar has frozen during pregnancy at three days to elder.
Today, Seimei is also three days away from becoming an elder. Gosh, that means I’m the same age as my husband’s father!?  Anyway, he’s completed all his ambrosia requirements except for two more good friends, since two of his good friends got culled recently. He phones Grim to invite him over.
Grim: What? I’m sleeping! Call later.
W:  I’m surprised Grim doesn’t have voice mail.
Seimei: He's such a wuss. It’s only a little past 11 p.m. I’d have thought Grim would be more of a night owl.

Koetsu and I have a small wedding with just the family and a few close friends.
We hire a caterer for the first time ever, so The Founder won’t need to be banished. The caterer makes a regular white cake with wedding topper (we already had a tiered cake) and then proceeds to cook 8 servings each of (you won’t believe this…wait for it…) French toast and pancakes. I wonder what we need to do to hire a real caterer? Our wedding earns Koetsu his fifth and final gold medal—what a relief!
And, Naomi, not even you photo-bombing us in your swimsuit can spoil this special day for me!

During the wedding, we receive the strangest notification that one of the wedding guests “discovered that Seimei Nishijima is an alien." I rush over to him to see if he can do the alien handshake, but no luck, of course. Truly weird.

Also, I learn tonight that I can’t join a group dance while pregnant. In fact, we can’t do any group dances at all. Nevertheless, we dance until the sun rises, then Rally the Troops to greet the new day.

Several hours later, I go into labor just as Koetsu finishes my museum portrait and leaves for work. He dashes off in a fit of pre-natal panic. Since he can’t accompany me to the hospital, I simply give birth at home. Welcome to the world, darling Nanami!
The first character of her name, Nana, means seven. Depending on which character we choose for “mi,” her name can mean “Seven Lives,” “Seven Oceans,” or “Seven Fruits.”  Since she’ll someday be the seventh-generation dynasty heir, I think “Seven Lives” is quite auspicious. She is so precious!  And did you notice that she’s a darker shade of lavender than me?

The next afternoon, Seimei becomes an elder. It’s been pretty hectic around here lately with our wedding, the birth of Nanami, and both Koetsu and I working on job promotions. So we simply celebrate Seimei’s birthday with a cake, no party. And right after becoming an elder, Seimei has some ambrosia for the first time (yes, he's made two new good friends to replace the two who were culled). The Nishijima Dynasty now has five immortals!
Looking at Seimei now with his gentle smile, it’s hard to believe what a terror he’s reputed to have been as a teenager.

How swiftly time flies. In two days, little Nanami becomes a child and I, an elder.
The next chapter will be all about Nanami.  I can't wait to see what she looks like as a child!
This is Koetsu's wife, Brooke, signing off. <3

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2016, 12:45:03 PM »
Yay for alienboos! I love the alien colours, especially the purple ones! *purple is awesim, purple is fun, whether a grape, or whether a plum* ok I have no idea where THAT came from O_O

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2016, 02:31:18 PM »
Welcome to this wonderful family Nanami! 
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2016, 09:45:27 PM »
@Magpie2012  Thanks for the birth poem, lol.  Is it recited to the meter of Roses are Red?
@Joria              Thanks for the welcome!

Ladies, I can't wait to age this little girl into a child so we can play!  ;D

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2016, 04:43:37 PM »
Fabulous as always. *Happy sigh*
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2016, 03:58:30 AM »
@oshizu yeah, roses are red, violets are blue sounds about right lol.

Sent from my D2005 using Tapatalk

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2016, 03:29:50 AM »
Generation 7b: Skillaxin’ with Nanami

Hey, my name is Nanami. Want to hang out with me for a little while? I’m only this cute for 13 days, so you really don’t want to miss out!
Because I age up on a weekend, I spend all day Sunday skilling  before school starts on Monday. 
Play three games of chess with Grandpa Seimei (Gen5) while Grandpa Satoshi (Gen2) mentors me. Check!
Be read to for two hours. Check! (Thanks, Mom!)
Do homework while Focused. Check!
Check, check, check.
By Tuesday afternoon, I’m almost done with Whiz Kid.

By Tuesday evening, I finish Rambunctious Scamp. I’m totally in love with Grandpa Satoshi’s computer, which I’m using to play Key Commander. Do you think it’s alien technology?
Also, note that Watchette finally gave me a makeover from that awful pink Tee with matching glasses.  And by the way, have you noticed that my eyes are turquoise? Watchette says my eye color is unusual, especially since Dad’s eyes are grey and Mom’s eyes are light brown.

Meanwhile, down at the beach:
Naomi: It’s really great to have you in the family, Brooke. And since we’re both mixologists, we even work at the same place.
Brooke: Yes. And I’m so glad Watchette gave us each a portable bar. Now, I can just set it up and do my daily task without getting pushed off the bar by another family member. Even so, whenever I take out the bar, one of the Nishijima men immediately rush over and try to push me aside to make drinks.
Naomi: I know, I  know. It’s soooo annoying. By the way, what are those turquoise marks around your eyes, Brooke?
Brooke: Oh, these? They are slave tattoos worn by the Dalish elves.
Naomi: Seriously? Hmmm, I didn’t know you appeared in Dragon Age: Inquisition too. Do you know Solas?
Brooke: Know him? Are you kidding me? He’s my former…. *looks around   Can we continue this convo somewhere private?

I hear that Grandpa Seimei was a real looker when he was a child, but he ain’t got nothing on me. You know what the boys at school call me?  H.B.!
W: What’s that stand for? Hamster Breath?
No, no, no!  You’re just being mean!  H.B. stands for Heart Breaker!
W: Well, I must admit that you are intolerably adorable. Although, as your Watchette, I might be just a little biased. I’d even go so far as to say that you’re the cutest little girl I’ve ever played!
Thanks, Watchette.  I can almost forgive you.

I spy The Founder, Gen2 Satoshi, an Gen4 Minoru whispering in the bathroom. Why are they talking in there when we have such a huge house? Soon after, the three of them walk out smiling weirdly.  Should we be worried about them, or is that just an old geezer thing?

Here I am with Dad in the Inspired Studio. Just between you and me, Watchette has been very unhappy with Dad. Seems he’s the only dynasty heir with both the Marketable and Creative Visionary traits, so he’s been making paintings for the dynasty museum but 90% of his paintings so far have been really poor quality. His last Excellent painting only sold for $1,222.  If I were tall enough to paint on that easel, I bet even I could do better than that!
Anyway, when I go to drink an Essence of Focus this morning, I mysteriously elevate and hover until I’ve downed the essence. 

And then it’s off to school for me!

When I start working on Artistic Prodigy, Watchette splits the Inspired Studio in two, using a transparent fence with lockable door. The Studio is already set up so only The Founder (who’s an author), my painter Dad, and I can access it. But Watchette got fed up with The Founder constantly running to start a painting whenever one of the four easels became empty. Hello! Can’t you see Dad’s trying to paint his museum pieces? Lol, the Watchette just scraps The Founder’s paintings and has him do something else. Well, with the fence, no one has access to the easels except Dad, since I’m too young to paint yet.
By the way, Watchette thought that the painting skill might have been nerfed but is happy to announce that painting prices are almost back to normal after she did all kinds of things to fix her computer. That’s a relief!
W: Get a load of your Dad in his Level 9 Painter of the Real outfit. It’s basically just that T-shirt the homeless people at parks wear with a pair of swim trunks. I’d never realized how awful the Painter career outfits were…

After completing Artistic Prodigy, I go to the Confident area of our home. It’s too late to go out and make friends, so I just start leveling Social.  Haha, the Three Stooges make another appearance. This time they feed the need, for some unknown reason, to stand between me and my mirror. I ignore them and continue talking to myself, anyway. Don’t they have anything better to do?
W: Uh….no. The elders are really getting on my nerves lately. I need to find better ways to keep them busy, um, I mean, happy. Yesterday, though, everyone except your Dad was late for work.
Maybe you can buy them a foosball table? Didn’t you say that @grimsoul discovered that a foosball table falls into both the Pub Games and Physical Games activities?
W: Oh right!  Great idea, Nanami!!
No problem, Watchette. I live to please you.

Grandpa Seimei is at work, Dad is painting, and the remaining dynasty folks start obsessing over foosball. According to Watchette, foosball is great because it makes the elders easy to track; on the other hand, there’s no household increase in angelfish, ambrosia, or reward points.

Watchette, if me and Gen8 do all our requirements on time, how many ambrosia servings does the household still need?
W: I guess I could calculate a minimum quantity by counting the days until Gen8 is born and adding that to the days Gen8 takes to age up to elder, then dividing by the number of immortals. But you know what?
What?
W: I’m too lazy.  But you’re right—it’s better to have ballpark figures for how many more angelfish and Potions of Youth we’ll need. Okay let’s see…
If everything goes perfectly (which it won’t), we’d need about 70 more servings of ambrosia.  So maybe count on needing to prepare at least 84 more servings?  Gah, I’m going to lay down…all that math gave me a migraine. 

Watchette, if you ask me, sell off that foosball table and chain the ole geezers to those fishing signs.
We’ll need to think about it. Hey Nanami, wanna peek at our supply of ambrosia and Potions of Youth?

What’s all that stuff on the floor?
W: Oh, those are unidentified herbs from Granite Falls and a Book of Life that The Founder wrote for the Gen8 heir.
Why are the herbs scattered all over the floor?
W: Sometimes a household member doesn't have enough time to iidentify all 10 plants for the Outdoor Enthusiast aspiration during our vacation, so we come home and I store any leftover unidentified plants here. It’s pretty handy except that they’re unidentified so I can’t organize them better, haha.
Looks like we have almost enough Potions of Youth already.
W: Yeah, and maybe we can all stop fishing for angelfish.
Watchette, did you say “we”? Do you fish for angelfish, too?
W: Never. That’s just a figure of speech.
…Oh.  (So Watchette was just lying?)
W: Anyway, I’m really glad you asked about the ambrosia supply. It’s good to know that we’ve got a pretty hefty reserve already. We can’t add any more spares to the household, though, so we’ll have to be careful with reward points.  *Runs off to see what aspirations she can get Brooke to complete.

The elders seem to be enjoying foosball.  Looks like Minoru and Satoshi lost that session.
W: If only it refilled Hygiene, too….
Lol, The Founder has a two-hour Angry 1+ moodlet because his team lost at foosball. It’s called the “Sore Loser” moodlet, hahahaha.

It’s 3 o’clock, which means Grandpa Minoru (Gen4), Dad (Gen6), and I return home from work or school. It’s a super important day for Dad today, because he got his Level 10 promotion for the Painter of the Real career this afternoon. But, you know, if he hadn’t told me, I would never have guessed because his new work outfit is seriously….what is the word I’m looking for?
W: Pathetic? A fashion disaster? Lame?  Hey, Koetsu! Hurry up and finish your museum items so you can quit that job.
Koetsu: After all this work? Why?
W: Finishing up the last few generations of a dynasty is hard enough without having to look at you dressed like that!
Koetsu: It’s not like I chose this outfit, you know.  Watchette? Hey, Watchette!  Don’t just walk off while I’m still talking to you!

Nanami: Dad, do you mind helping me with my extra credit?
Koetsu: Of course not, sweetheart.
Nanami: Um, Dad, can I ask you a favor?
Koetsu: Sure, cutie pie, what is it?
Nanami: If we go out and you’re wearing your Painter uniform and we run into any of my friends, can I just say that you’re my neighbor?
Koetsu: (speechless)

So here I am at Desert Bloom Park with the whole family, including my “neighbor” who forgot to change out of his Level 10 Painter uniform. I just made my third child friend and completed Social Butterfly, my last remaining childhood aspiration.  So what shall I do for the next seven days until I age up into a teen?
Like the other dynasty heirs, I guess—max Logic with the help of family mentoring and then max Charisma.  I can do it!  And now I believe we need to skedaddle home so the elders can eat their ambrosia.

I present to you the five Nishijima immortals, eating their ambrosia. Dad is still a young adult, so he won't be joining them for a while...

And here I am again, leaving for school. In the first shot you saw of me like this, I was leaving for my first day of school. Since then, I’ve completed all four childhood aspirations and maxed Logic and Charisma. So sure, this photo may look like the same shot, but I’m a very different person now! I’m feeling very confident about the future and pretty sure I’ll be able to handle the dynasty requirements, with everyone's support.

In five days, I’ll turn into a tantalizing teenager!  Not much will be going on between now and then—I’ll continue leveling a few skills and see if I can make some friends, while Dad focuses on painting his museum contributions.
Let’s meet up again right before my teen birthday, okay?

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2016, 04:51:47 AM »
Ah, I just love her! You are really flying through this! I can't remember if I've said this already but I love the word "Watchette" and I'm totally going to steal it if I ever write a story lol

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2016, 05:50:04 AM »
Ah, I just love her! You are really flying through this! I can't remember if I've said this already but I love the word "Watchette" and I'm totally going to steal it if I ever write a story lol
I tweaked her mom Brooke's looks, but I left the daughter Nanami's face as is. I realize it's just an "alien disguise," but she's so incredibly cute.
Plus I love lavender...and turquoise. 

anything