Author Topic: The Nishijima Immortal Dynasty: If at First You Don't Succeed (Completed)  (Read 57582 times)

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
Re: The Nishijima Immortal Dynasty: If at First You Don't Succeed....
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2016, 05:57:08 AM »
Two of my favourite colours!
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2016, 01:16:54 PM »
Ah, I just love her! You are really flying through this! I can't remember if I've said this already but I love the word "Watchette" and I'm totally going to steal it if I ever write a story lol
@Magpie2012
About the "flying," I actually started this dynasty in late May but then couldn't play for half a year.
In December I started playing again. In January, I made an imgur account and learned how to post images to the forum.  By that time, I was already on Gen4.
Also, this is my ninth attempt. I got as far as Gen4 a few times and failed at Gen6 the last time, so I've had lots of practice and made lots of different plans.
Now, if only I don't make some stupid little mistake, I might even finish this dynasty.  *Crosses fingers.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2016, 04:05:00 PM »
This gave me so many laughs. Love it! Nanami is just so adorable with her 'neighbor'  ;D and the elders are so annoying! lol (Hint maybe they might all like to meditate 24/7 on a meditation stool?) Great reference to Dragon Age: Inquisition.
I really hope you make it this time... no scratch that... I'm sure you'll make it this time and we'll visit you in the Hall of Fame. These guys deserve to be there.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2016, 04:35:21 PM »
This gave me so many laughs. Love it! Nanami is just so adorable with her 'neighbor'  ;D and the elders are so annoying! lol (Hint maybe they might all like to meditate 24/7 on a meditation stool?) Great reference to Dragon Age: Inquisition.
I really hope you make it this time... no scratch that... I'm sure you'll make it this time and we'll visit you in the Hall of Fame. These guys deserve to be there.
@Playalot
About the meditating, I noticed in the images of your Hollingsworth Dynasty and Shannon's Brooks Dynasty that the elders were often meditating. Fangirl that I am, I decided to try it, too.
Sadly, it didn't work for me because I would complete forget about the elders--some days, every one of them would be late for work because I was focused on the younger generations.
I wish they would autonomously stop meditating and go to work when it's time, lol.

I love the locks, though!  The creative elders can't hog the computers in the Focused room, the techies can't program in the Inspired Studio, and I can limit garden access to specific sims.
Love the locks!
By the way, is there life after the Hollingsworths?  Are you preparing some major narrative wow for your next project?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2016, 04:41:49 PM »
I'm afraid no 'next project' on the horizon at the moment. RL is keeping me quite busy and 9/10 photo bucket won't let me upload resized images so I'm a bit over the struggle. Every time I get a creative urge photo bucket plays up and I lose interest.  :-\
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2016, 10:21:09 PM »
Well, you could always have them retire from their jobs? Then being late wouldn't be an issue lol I'll second what Play said about visiting you in the HoF, the Nishijima Immortals really do deserve to be there (but, should the worst occur, I hope you'll continue the story anyway)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2016, 10:04:55 PM »
@Playalot  I'm sorry to hear about Photobucket. I made an account with Imgur and it's been fine (though I made some shameful noob mistakes in the beginning--the Imgur community is rather unforgiving, lol). 
   I'm really looking forward to you starting a new project or completing an unfinished one.   ;D  Meanwhile, thanks for using your pixelated hunks for your ice cream experiments and such, lol.

@Magpie2012   Noooooo, it's too early to tell me what to do if my dynasty fails. You can give me that advice when that time comes, lol.
As for having my elders retire, I realize retirement's an option but I really like that they are elderly yet healthy enough to lead professional lives. The time management adds another layer of "watching." I've just been too focused on the little girl, Nanami, lately and forget who works from which times on which days.  Although I complain that the elders become annoying, I think they'd become really intolerable if they were all home all day, every day, with nothing to do.  Lol, you can start a new game with six elders, one young adult, and one child to see what it's like, haha.

Thank you both for following my story. Very much appreciated!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2016, 10:56:24 PM »
I totally understand you being fixated on Nanami.  She is adorable and so pretty.  Can hardly wait to see her as a teen.  WHOA!  You play Dragon Age Inquistion too? 
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2016, 11:11:09 PM »
I totally understand you being fixated on Nanami.  She is adorable and so pretty.  Can hardly wait to see her as a teen.  WHOA!  You play Dragon Age Inquistion too? 
@Joria   Thank you for agreeing that Nanami is adorable, lol.  I played Dragon Age Inquisition and all the expansions. I believe every female gamer must play a female inquisitor and romance the Dalish elf Solas--it's a heart-wrenching story that reaches an ambiguous finale in the last expansion. Oh Solas, you have cast me aside to save me from your fate but I will never forget you!  *sobs  LOL

By the way, I'm so very sorry to hear what happened to your Rival Dynasties challenge. Curiously, I recently started the same method as Play. I have one saves folder named "saves-IDC" for the Nishijimas, but now I'm playing the Captain's Challenge. I haven't really stopped to think about my Tray files, but I save my Screenshot files to a separate folder and to a flash drive whenever I post a chapter.
I do hope you can restore some earlier saves!  I need to know what happens to your trio of lovelies!

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2016, 11:24:48 AM »
I have no doubt that you will finish this Dynasty. You are doing so well!

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2016, 04:40:59 PM »
Wait?!? There's an Imgur COMMUNITY? Good grief, I've had an account for 3 years (so I could upload here lol) and I never knew that *noob* and if they aren't forgiving, well, that's their shame not yours <3

I don't doubt you will finish, I guess I was just in a "glass half empty" kinda mood that day lol although, technically, the glass is always full because, no matter how much liquid you remove from it, it will always be filled the rest of the way by air!

Have you considered picking a "free" career, something no Immortal is going to touch, and just dumping them all into that one? Then you only have to worry about remembering that work hours and the YA work hours lol. Plus, you have the benefit that, since you already maxed a career, you don't have to be all finicky about job performance in the "Elder" career.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2016, 03:30:10 AM »
Generation 7c: Have Party, Will Travel

Hiya!  Thanks for meeting me back here, just like you said you would!
It’s Thursday afternoon. I just got back from school and already finished my homework and extra credit so I suddenly got the urge to go fishing. Watchette used to have to tell us to go fishing, but these days we just leave the house and go fishing whenever we feel like it. 
At this point, the only other skills I could be leveling are Video Gaming and Mischief, so I’m just gonna chill down here at our not-private beach.

By the way, Dad celebrated his adult birthday today. As usual, no one’s around when he blows out his candles except Great-Grandpa’s latest fling, there in the pink boots. It’s nice of her to be there for him. Who me?  Dad decided not to throw a party so I didn’t even realize he would have a birthday cake.
And by the way, I see that Dad’s getting a little wide in the hips! The Nishijimas are all really fit, except for Dad, because Watchette insists that he complete his masterpiece paintings for the Dynasty Museum before he gets to lead a “normal” life (as if life in this household could ever be considered “normal”).
Watchette’s already accepted eight of his masterpieces, so he only has two more to go. You can do it, Dad!

Here’s a crazy snap of me doing a cannonball into the pool, except you can’t see the pool or the diving board. I look like a wild monkey flying through the jungle!  Just pretend not to notice the swimsuit, lol. I wish my birthday would hurry up and arrive. I haven’t met many kids my age and I’m running out of things to do.  Why don’t I go to the park, you ask?  Because I’m stuck at home until Dad finishes his museum masterpieces.  *dejected
Seriously, it’s bad enough that he has to go around in that ugly work uniform, but he has also completely destroyed my childhood—well, not completely, but I’ve had to stay home all the time while he paints and paints. And yes, the whole fam realizes there are easels all over the world, but he’s produced so few masterpieces even in Very Inspired mood that the fam decided he’s better off painting in his studio. 

In my boredom, I decide to test whether a child can begin the Grilled Cheese aspiration.  Grandma Naomi (Gen3) wouldn’t throw away that dish of ice cream, so Watchette is making her eat it, lol. I really hope I don’t look like Grandma when I become an elder—she has to have some of the saggiest I’ve ever seen. I mean, they droop down to her waist!  Is that even realistic!?
The Founder has the shortest work schedule, so Watchette also picks him to try out the Grilled Cheese aspiration.  Or maybe we should save it for my future child, the eighth and last Nishijima Dynasty heir….

Too late I realize I can’t do the Grilled Cheese aspiration yet because the Culinary aspirations aren’t available for kids. Oh well, this time tomorrow, I’ll be a teen! No use forcing myself to eat a third plate today!

After I leave for school today (Friday), Mom decides to fish for a while until her work shift starts. And that’s where Grim finds her…on the beach. Just one more day and she could have seen me age up to a teen.  Oh Mom, we will so miss you!  *whispers: I am ever so grateful that I look like you, and not Dad!

It’s my birthday!  My outfit after blowing out my birthday candles was just too hideous, so here’s a snap of me after changing clothes. The whole family’s pretty surprised how much I resemble Mom. And that’s why I ask Watchette to give me the same hairdo that Mom had.  I even have the same turquoise Dalish tattoos!

I feel like Rapunzel but without the long golden hair!  Can you believe that Watchette lured me out to a reading area on the second-floor balcony then locked me out of the house!!!  She wants me to complete the first milestone of Renaissance Sim, so I’m not allowed back into the house until I’ve read three skill books written by the Founder. I’m not sure why, but the three books have different effects—I get to level 4 of Gardening, level 3 of Fitness, but only level 2 of Comedy.  They’re all bestseller skill books and The Founder has maxed these three skills. My Dad didn’t read the same three books but he got to Level 4 reading The Founder’s skill books.
Anywaaaaaay, I’m smiling in the photo but I’m definitely not having such a great time.  Finally, I’m done and Watchette frees me!

Watchette’s so distracted by Dad’s inability to paint high-priced masterpieces. For the past two days, even his large abstract masterpieces have a selling price of about $4,000. So disappointing. By cloudgazing, drinking Prose and Pop, and so on, his mood is always Very Inspired yet he just doesn’t produce $10,000+ paintings. 
However, Watchette feels bad about making me stay home because of Dad (especially after I read those three skill books!), so she lets Dad and I go out for a while. By the time we’re back home after visiting Hare Square, Desert Bloom Park, and Magnolia Blossom Park, I’ve completed one of my two aspirations: Friend of the World.  Yay!
I met a few cute guys but Watchette was so focused on learning their traits that she forgot to take any photos.  Boo!

Today’s a great day!  I got an A on my second day of high school. Grandpa Minoru (G4) and I got home at the same time and he got a raise today, too!
I can’t max my second aspiration (Joke Star) or my career until I’m a young adult, so what else can I do as a teenager?  Let’s see, I can start on my parties and, if I can boost Comedy up to level 7, I can also start on my museum contributions—comedy books.

I’m just raring to get started on my parties, but Watchette tells me to wait until Dad finishes his last museum piece. Dad, you are seriously starting to cramp my style! Okay, okay, so I decide to level up my Comedy skill by writing short comedy routines on the computer.
Hey, Watchette! I just wrote three short routines but they’re all only “Okay” quality. Is that because I’m only level 5 Comedy?
W: To be honest, I don’t know. I’ve never had an heir do Joke Star or the Comedian career before, only spares, so I’ve never really paid attention. With you, I thought comedy books would make nice museum items.
Oh, I see…
So here I am, practicing my “Okay” short routines because I can’t refine them until I’ve performed them once. I wonder how much their quality improves when I “refine” them.

Watchette, I don’t mean to be a pest but, you know, I’m not really feeling the Comedian career.
W: Yeah, sorry, but would you rather do the Serial Romantic aspiration?
I don’t mind doing the Joke Star aspiration. It only needs me to join the Entertainer’s Comedian branch, which is level 5.  Once I complete Joke Star’s “Join the Comedian branch” milestone, if I promise to write comedy books for my museum items, would you let me switch to another career?
W: Let me do a practice run of the Detective career and let you know. Maybe you can do the Music career and Gen8 can do Detective when he’s the only heir we need to worry about. I’ll let you know.

Meanwhile, I’ve left for school and guess what happens!  At long last, Dad paints his final masterpiece. Although it doesn’t look like anything special (see the photo), it’s worth $13,124, so I guess Watchette will think it was worth the wait. Now, Dad has only friendships to work on and I can begin my parties!  I bet Dad must feel so relieved! On the other hand, I secretly believe that half of his problem can be traced to that horrid work outfit!

So, what does Dad do with his new-found freedom? The whole family agrees that his level 1 Fitness just won’t do. In the entire household, Dad and I are the only ones without maxed Fitness, so The Founder mentors him for a few hours.  Among the adults, Dad is definitely the worst mentor of all, because he’s spent so much time just painting, without building his other skills. But I know Watchette’s gonna cut him a lot of slack from now on because, after Grandma Naomi and her ambrosia, Dad’s done the most to boost the value of the Dynasty Museum. Way to go, Dad!

I come home from school and want to see how many gold-medal parties I can throw today.
I invite two potential beaux to a dinner party and earn a gold medal.
Why is my caterer (Grandma Naomi) walking around in her swimsuit? To her right, you can see that Grandpa Seimei is sitting in his father’s lap (Great-Grandpa Minoru) and they have melded.  Ewwww.

The man I’m most interested at the moment is Branden Shipman.  One look at him, and you can understand why.  Yum!!! But I face two obstacles.  One, I’m just a teen and he’s an adult.  Two, I hear he’s the son of Great-Grandpa Minoru’s twin brother—which makes Branden my….what?  Incidentally,  I’m already good friends with Branden who has the creative, genius, and insider traits. Plus, Branden is half-alien, like me.

The next shot shows me and Maximillian McAlister chatting in the kitchen. He’s a teen like me. He’s a jealous bookworm who works part-time as a babysitter, but he’s kinda cute and I thought he’d make the perfect teen fling. But he ages up right in the middle of our convo!  Now, he’s an unemployed jealous bookworm foodie.  Since I can’t move my spouse in, jealousy won’t be an issue for me. What do you think?  He's still kinda cute but no longer date bait, for me now anyway.
I won’t be a young adult for 9 more days, so I’m going to keep looking.  <3

The night is still young!  If we rally the troops, I can squeeze in two more parties before school tomorrow!
The game’s really been lagging again, but we just manage to earn gold for an Incognito Party at home with the same guests as the dinner party. The timer was acting strangely so Watchette freaked out and forgot to take pictures.
I try a Black and White party next, but the milestones aren’t registering at all, so I cancel the party soon after it starts then throw a Spooky Party instead. The Spooky Party was a success—it’s not a hard party to earn a gold medal for.

I had The Founder and Great-Grandpa Minoru carving pumpkins at the same time. The activity must really suit Great-Grandpa Minoru.  He looks really handsome here, as if he’s a young adult again!  And the Founder looks so happy listening to the stereo.  He looks nice in this pirate outfit instead of his usual pizza delivery costume.

And now comes the part where you understand at last why this chapter is so titled.  (or not?)
After school, I phone in a dinner party with plans to hold it at the McAlisters.  You do remember my jealous bookworm foodie, Maximillian McAlister?  Here we are on his porch just as the party starts.
The last time anyone from our family was here, the teenage Seimei came to clog his third sink. 

It’s not really suited for hosting a party, since the rooms are rather small.
We get a party milestone to dance but there’s no stereo in sight. No problem, Satoshi pulls out his portable DJ station.

The next party milestone: 3 sims become playful at the same time.
This, too, is do-able since Dad brought along some Playful +6 paintings.

Adorable Branden draws near and we do our alien handshake.

I’m not sure what’s going on with Grandma Naomi these days. She took almost the entire party just to mix three drinks. Whenever I hire her to work at my parties, she just takes forever to complete the tasks. I can’t tell if the game is lagging or she’s growing senile. This was a really hard-earned gold medal. No more parties at this pad!

On the way home, we stop by the gym so Dad and I can complete our “Work out in a gym” milestone.  And while I’m here, I decide to stop and explore the local talent.
On the left, Cliff Patel (Zoey’s descendant) is a gym trainer here at the Willow Creek gym, with the traits Good, Clumsy, and Active.
On the right, Chad Goth is unemployed with the Mean and Neat traits. I don’t know his third trait yet, but traits hardly matter since I can’t move in my future spouse, right?
Cliff is already an adult (what a bod!), while Chad is still a young adult (what a hawt smile!).

I become a young adult in 7 days, and Dad becomes an elder in 12 days. I’ll only be working on comedy books until my birthday, so I won’t be much fun. What say you come back in time for my young adult birthday party?  Hope to see you then!   <3

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Nishijima Immortal Dynasty: Have Party, Will Travel (Feb 13 update)
« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2016, 03:15:16 PM »
From the Watcher:

I fooled around a little with PowerPoint this morning and created somewhat of a family tree then saved it as a JPEG file and uploaded it to Imgur.
The image appears in the "Immortal Dynasty Stats" post. (link below for your reference)
Immortal Dynasty Stats

There just wasn't enough space on the slide to add photos in the case of eight generations.
And I guess there are arguments for and against having Gen8 at the bottom rather than the top.

If I figure out a more useful way to display the family in a single image, I'll try again.
For now, useful or not, that family tree is there to stay. lol  ;D

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2016, 03:20:24 PM »
It looks like you're nearing the finish line! Good job!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2016, 08:29:33 AM »
It looks like you're nearing the finish line! Good job!
Thank you for the vote of confidence, Jude!
My Gen8 heir will be born in a few sim days, but I only have five immortals at this point, so I'm ust a little over half-done from the immortality standpoint.   :D

It feels as if time is progressing so slowly now.

anything