Author Topic: The Nishijima Immortal Dynasty: If at First You Don't Succeed (Completed)  (Read 57560 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Generation 7d: What’s Love Got to Do with It?

Nanami here! I’m really happy that you’ve come back to check on my progress!
As for this chapter’s title, I’m a big fan of that song by Tina Turner.  And personally, I’ve been thinking long and hard about….about….I seem to have lost my train of thought….oh right, I’ve been thinking about what criteria I should use to choose the father of my child.  What’s more important?  Considering he will not join our household, what should I prioritize?  Love or genes?

Our family is really close!  Koetsu and I have been working out, trying to get back in shape. I inherited my mother’s ample hips, so I’m trying to slim down some.  Except for Koetsu who is taking a bath after pulling a muscle, the whole fam’s crowded into our little gym.  Even the jealous bookworm foodie Maximillian (front right). The family seems to like him a lot for some reason. Earlier, I saw Great-Grandpa Minoru giving Max a foot massage.  Uh, Gramps!? Hands off my boys until I decide which one I want!

I’m pretty sure I’m going to max my part-time job today. Watchette asked Grandma Naomi to “Discuss Cognitive Focusing Methods” with me to boost my Focus for work.
W: She took 30 minutes to actually get around to doing that social with you and then I later noticed you two walking away together although you needed to leave for work.
Well, Grandma Naomi offered to give me a foot massage and, for some reason, I couldn’t say no so I was stuck walking over to the massage room with her.  Thank you for catching that!
W: Yeah, after delaying your departure with the Focusing social, she would have made you even later for work.  She seems so unreliable lately.  Well, anyway, good luck at work!
That Focusing social wasn’t stronger than my Inspired mood (since I’m creative), but I think I can get that last promotion by working hard.
W: If you get promoted to L3 Backhoe Operator, you can quit working until you age up.
Now that’s what I call incentive! Aaaaannnd, mission accomplished.

Now, I just need to focus on leveling Comedy and starting on my comedy books.
My Dad still has 11 days before he becomes an elder, but he’s started trying to make a few friends anyway. He doesn’t have a single non-family friend. He’s made two lady friends, though, Desirae Caliente and an alien, Jocelyn Soto.
While I’m working on my comedy routines, Dad asks Max for a hand massage!?  Maximillian, go home already! I do NOT need a potential love interest getting all touchy-feeling with all my male relatives! I know, I’ll ask Grandma Naomi to ask him to leave! How’s a girl supposed to concentrate when I can hear Max’s voice in the next room while Dad moans and groans?Sheesh!

Well, now that I’m Level 7 Comedy, my two refined routines are “Excellent” quality and my unrefined one is “Good” quality.  Also, reaching Level 7 means I can write Comedy books.
Watchette: I don’t know what determines the value of a comedy book, so let’s have The Founder mentor you in Writing, just in case. Sadly, writing a comedy book doesn’t boost Comedy, just writing.
I’m Level 5 Writing when finishing my first book, but it’s only worth $110.  This is going to be a long haul, folks.
Writing is Level 10 now, so it’s time to level Comedy. I must admit that I’m afraid of Playful mood. I’ve just heard of too many sims that died when they went from Very Playful to Hysterical.
Watchette, go do your practice run of Detective!

Dad has another 3-4 days before he starts making friends in earnest. Today, he’s in the garden with Grandma Naomi, as she mentors him for his last two levels of Handiness. The garden is my favorite spot in our home. Too bad I can’t write down there. Or maybe the Inspired Studio needs more potted plants!

Dad and I get home at the same time then he helps me with my homework. After that, we both head straight for the Studio. I know I’ve said many unkind things about his work clothes (um, they’re true!) but I do love Dad a lot and am grateful for all he’s done. Because he worked so hard on his museum paintings, Gen8 and I won’t need to worry much about the value of our museum items.
Since Mom passed, Dad and I haven’t talked much about her. It just hurts too much. We couldn’t be with her at the moment she passed away, but we keep her alive in our thoughts all the time. And Dad says that whenever he looks at me, he remembers her.  It’s great that Dad and I are both creative; it means we spend most of our time together in the Studio.

It’s my birthday party!  My entire family--except Grandma Naomi who, for a change, did a great job as caterer tonight—has decided it’s cool to just run around in their swimsuits.  I guess my birthday isn’t as big a deal for them as it is for me.  Obviously, I make them change before the other guests arrive, even if I’ve only invited my prospective partners.

I’ve rounded up the four candidates. You met them all last chapter, but I’d like to recap.
In the top photo, Max is on the left with Branden on the right.
In the center photo, I’m standing next to Cliff Patel who’s seated.
The lower photo is Chad Goth.

Max is an unemployed young adult. His traits are Jealous, Bookworm, and Foodie.
Branden is an unemployed adult. He’s a hybrid alien (like me) and his traits are Creative, Genius, and Insider. We share two of the same traits.
Cliff is an adult who is a gym trainer. He has the Good, Clumsy, and Active traits.
Chad is a young adult working as an author and The Founder’s co-worker. His traits are Mean, Neat, and Childish.

Branden is so handsome and sweet, and I’d never realized how foxy Cliff is until tonight. What a flirt, too!  But they’re both adults like my Dad, meaning they might become elders in another seven days or so, like my Dad. I can’t move in my spouse anyway, so I don’t need to worry about making space in the household.
That’s why I’d prefer someone closer to my own age…which leaves Max and Chad. I’ve never invited Chad over before, but my fam adores Max. It’s almost like he’s part of the family already (which, truth be told, isn’t that romantic…). And Chad doesn’t have the best traits, but I find him somehow so appealing. Do the Goth men exude a pheromone that the Nishijima women find particularly irresistible?

In the morning, I invite Chad over again. I’m not crazy about the green pants but…at least they match my party dress?

You have got to be kidding me!  He chooses this moment to age up to an adult? I mean, he couldn’t do that last night when I was still very undecided?

Let’s see, that makes Branden and Cliff around 33 days older than me, Chad 20 days older than me, and Max 9 days older than me.
What to do.what to do…what to do…

Someone’s got a boyfriend!

All during my child and teen years, I’d been missing the seventh of my required emotional whims. Today, on my first day of adulthood, I roll my first Flirty whim.  It’s “sauna woohoo.”
Well, who am I to deny my destiny?

Oh my!  I’m pretty sure I’ve fallen head over heels for Chad, especially when he gives me that sweet little smile.
(Dear Game, when I’m sitting down, please position me with my knees together because that’s how we women actually sit.)

Curiously, after one round, I don’t get any options for Try for baby, just Woohoo.  That can only mean…
You guessed correctly! I'm now eating for two!  *grins

We’ve just arrived home for our second date. I’ve got all the gold medals I need but I want to raise our friendship and romance bars. We’re both feeling very flirty, so that’s great for our dates.
Sometimes I just don’t understand Grandma Naomi. The entire household is home right now but, no, she has to come to chat with my date. When she speaks to him, I notice a few red plus marks floating around his head. I guess he doesn’t appreciate the interruption, either. Well, come on over here to where I’m waiting, lover boy!

Arrrgggh, no more home dates!!! We finally get rid of Grandma Naomi and now Dad’s standing in front of us.  When I got home, I noticed he was in a flirty mood from watching Romance TV. And if you look closely, you’ll see he wants to interact with Chad, not me. He has a pink emotional whim that says: “Hug someone (from being Flirty),” but why in the heck does he need to hug my boyfriend?  Watchette, would you please make Dad take a cold shower then banish him to the beach or something?
Oh and not surprisingly, she’s back!  I bet she’d try to sit with us if there were room for one more on this sofa.  *Sighs
Chad having the Mean trait is the least of my problems!

Let’s see if we can’t fix that romantic mood we had going!  At last, the privacy of our own bedroom with locked doors! (I noticed The Founder standing outside the doors earlier. Have they no shame? Apparently not.)
Watcher: Gosh darn, these two are so cute together!

We’ve spent the entire day together from around 8:30 a.m. We become best friends, I propose, and then we elope.
Can you see the diapers in my thought bubble during our little wedding ceremony? Do you think it means anything that the safety pin is pink?

Yesterday I was a teen. Today, I'm pregnant and married!  I am completely exhausted.
Tomorrow, I start my job in the Entertainer career and I want to get promoted to Level 5 the first day.  I need to send this charming boy home so I can eat some carrots (yes, carrots!) then write some jokes while listening to Alternative music. 
Dear readers, the next time we meet, I’ll have a different job (I hope) and you can meet my son (I hope).

Thanks for reading!

Watcher's Remarks:
I badly want to change Chad's clothing! If Nanami takes him to Magnolia Promenade for clothes shopping, can we change his clothes?
And, of course, I can't wait for the birth of the eighth Nishijima heir.
In a moment of inattention during Nanami's birthday, I gave her the third trait of Genius, thinking she'd need Genius for the Detective job. Then I remembered that I'd planned for Gen8 to do Detective. I had such a miserable time with the Doctor job when I followed Satoshi's wife to work three or four times that, I confess, I'm afraid to try the Detective career so close to the end of this dynasty challenge.
What if I can't max the Detective career in time and fail the dynasty challenge again.  Oh well, a practice run of the Detective career, it is!

And, to echo Nanami's words...thanks for reading!
Happy Valentine's Day!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Wow! Gen 7 already and Gen 8 on the way! I hope you can get through without any more glitches.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Do you have Get Together? If so, you can put in a closet and there's the option to "Change Outfit of . . " anyone close by, even if they're not in your household. I love it! My townies are all much better dressed now.
Love your story! I can't believe how close you are to finishing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
@MarianT
My dynasty files are very buggy. It's immediately apparent whenever I do a tournament challenge. I guess it's the nature of my bloated files.
Thank you for your well wishes!   ;D
I've learned so much from your Melapis Dynasty, and I rediscovered just how much I'd learned when I re-read your Melapis Dynasty thread last month.

@FrancescaFiori
Oh my gosh, yes I have Get Together but no, I had no idea I could so easily change a townie's outfit! Chad's outfits were killing me!
I was sad that I'd have to look at that red sweater and those green pants...the painter outfit is quite enough to bear. (Can I change that, too?)
Thank you so much! I'm going to invite him over and give him a whole new look.  *jumps up and down in excitement

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Generation 7e: The Eighth Heir, Fab Abs, and the Sixth Immortal

Welcome back. Thank you reading this odd tale up to now.
I’m the Watcher (or Watchette, as the mischief-maker Seimei liked to call me in his youthful impudence) and I’ll be with you until Nanami takes over in a bit.

It’s Sunday evening. In the barrage of news surrounding Nanami’s love life, marriage, and pregnancy, I realized with a start that her father Koetsu becomes an elder in four days. It’s a good time for him to start cementing his relationships (weird expression, isn’t it?). A stranger walks up the Nishijima driveway and almost vomits on Nanami as she leaves for work. As a start, then, Koetsu befriends the stranger. This woman, Rosemary Muller, not only recovers but also becomes Koetsu’s best friend.  Normally, he should avoid befriending a homeless townie, but I wanted to test his “befriending” skills. 

The only things standing in the way between Koetsu and Ambrosia is the dynasty requirement for one unique best friend and five good friends.  Judging by his rapport with Rosemary, Koetsu will be fine.  Let’s hope Rosemary won’t get culled in the next four days.  Hmmmm…should Koetsu ask her to be his girlfriend, just to make sure?  Are we seriously that desperate?  Absolutlely!
But alas, after a first kiss, Koetsu abandons his new-found love to go fishing. He might have a screw loose.

Thanks to @FrancescaFiori’s timely tip, a closet awaits to ambush Chad. It’s quite huge and, yes, it does look dreadfully ridiculous sitting on the porch next to the front door. But after Chad, it will go into the family inventory. Oooh, we can’t wait to see you again, Chad! If only you could move in!   :'(

Meanwhile, with help from Connections, Negotiate a Bonus, an Essence of Playfulness, and working hard, Nanami gets promoted from Level 4 Entertainer to Level 5 Comedian. That’s enough to satisfy the Joke Star aspiration, so she quits and becomes  a Level 4 Detective. (I might have a screw loose, too!) Now the very pregnant Nanami is striving to complete Joke Star before she starts her new job the day after tomorrow (Tuesday).
She makes time to invite Chad over the next morning (Monday) to give him a makeover. I’m a fashion fugitive myself, but even I must say that Chad looks smart and snazzy now, instead of looking like he got dressed blindfolded. He is now a bona-fide dreamboat and, as an extra bonus, he matches the sofa!
Next up, we need to encourage him to work out, lol.

Hi all, Nanami here!  As you can see from the first photo, Chad and I are crazy about each other. You would never guess Chad has the Mean trait although, because of his Neat trait, he complains loudly when the house is in disarray. I’m in my third trimester now and I’m huge as!
Awww, don’t we look sweet together?
Incidentally, based on Chad’s work schedule, we know that he’s Level 9 in the Author career. I wonder if he would reach Level 10 if The Founder keeps mentoring him in Writing? His salary makes no difference to the household, but a promotion would mean he’d have an extra day off to spend with his future son and me.

The reason I’m in my workout clothes today is that, ever since Chad’s arrival this morning, I’ve been working out now and then, hoping to entice him to work out, too. So far, he’s only done push-ups. Left to his own devices later, though, he’s wanders over to the gym room and starts boxing. (Well not completely autonomously. Chad and I might have formed a two-person club with “Work out” and “Practice yoga” as two of its four activities.)
Anyway, Watchette rushes The Founder over to mentor him. Below, you can see Chad’s “Before” shot. I fervently hope we can eventually show you an “After” shot. Who is “we”, you ask? Watchette tries to pretend she’s disinterested but who is she kidding? Watchette is also heavily invested in Chad’s makeover; her interest is crucial since only she can arrange Chad’s mentoring.

I’m only one comedy routine performance away from maxing Joke Star. Due to the extra mood boosts from my recent marriage and pregnancy, I’ve been spacing out the three required performances so I can run to a mirror and calm down after each performance. Here you see me in front of the mirror, doing the “Try to calm down” interaction.
I conceived around noon on Friday, so I imagine the baby will arrive tomorrow afternoon. I don’t start work until Tuesday, so the timing’s perfect.

After I’m back to writing a comedy book, Watchette checks back at the gym room. To our surprise, Chad is now on the workout machine. When she sends over The Founder again to mentor him, the rest of the fam comes along. Oddly, Seimei and Koetsu can’t mentor him. I’m not even going to try with Naomi—she’s in a category of weirdness all her own and might start stalking him (again).  Perhaps the gym room needs to be enlarged….just saying.

I’ve completed Joke Star, which is my second and last aspiration!
Watchette: Terrific job, Nanami! Your remaining dynasty requirements are three more museum items, maxing a unique career, the friendship requirement, and reaching elderhood.
I thought I'd accomplished so much already, Watchette, but I still have a long way to go.  :(
Watchette: You’ve made great progress, girl! You’ve only been a young adult for a few days.
Do you mind if I just bask in the fleeting glory of today’s achievement?
Watchette: Be my guest!  You deserve it.

Meanwhile, Gen2 Satoshi’s generously agreed to collect Space prints using the telescope, so I can hang them up at work on Tuesday.
Compared to the Math Diagrams, I prefer Space prints because (1) they offer a guaranteed +7 Focused boost, and (2) they’re easier to collect. While Grandpa Satoshi uses the telescope, the prints he finds just stack up in his inventory. For math diagrams, Watchette needs to repeatedly tell the painting sim to paint another one.

In the afternoon, the hospital trip was very bizarre. Chad accompanies me there from home, displaying a panicked face with a “heart” thought bubble. But he mysteriously disappears while I’m checking into the hospital. When the baby is born, the naming menu appears followed by a loading screen as we are immediately whisked back home. Not really a point in going to the hospital to give birth, except that my baby, who I haven’t even seen yet, received a birth certificate. 

Folks, I’m very pleased to introduce the eighth-generation heir of the Nishijima Dynasty, Takao.
I’m so disappointed that Takao didn’t inherit my skin tone, but he is a healthy and happy baby!  Now, I can only hope he grows up to be as handsome as his father!

The massage table comes out of hiding because Koetsu comes home stressed from work today and has a whim to hire a message therapist. One never came but he wants to give a massage to Desirae Caliente, his house guest and second Good Friend. Tomorrow Koetsu becomes an elder. He already has a BFF and two good friends, needing only three more good friends to qualify for ambrosia.
FYI: After trying to revise Koetsu’s awful Painter outfit, I learned the closet cannot be used for work uniforms. *weeps

It’s early Tuesday morning. I continue to write comedy books as my museum items. Watchette would like their total value to be at least $10,000 so I’ve submitted seven books so far. My darling Chad is jogging over to say good morning. Yesterday, Chad visited the gym room a total of four times and each time Watchette immediately sent someone over to mentor him. He still lacks the muscle definition of even the elderly Seimei, but Chad is an extremely good-lucking sim and I strongly hope that Takao will take after Chad rather than, say, my father. (Sorry, Dad!)

My first day on the job as a Detective!  I’m sent to a crime scene where, because I don’t know any better, I gather 11 pieces of evidence, take 9 crime photos, and interview two ghostly witnesses. Upon returning to the station, I finally succeed in using the chemical analyzer to analyze my evidence after two failed attempts (what? I’d only needed 3 pieces of evidence today?). My Logic is maxed so I wonder how to improve my success rate on this machine.
Please note that I’ve plastered the walls of this room and two other rooms with space prints. I feel prepared to ace this career, thanks to all the helpful information on the Detective career guide by @Carl!

After filing the crime evidence so a senior investigator can take over the case (hmmph!), I proceed to the Booking Station, where I take fingerprints and mugshots of two prisoners. I only search one prisoner instead of two, because I didn’t know how to do that with the first prisoner. I just have enough time to talk with the Chief before my shift ends. I’m very close to the right edge of the performance bar. Since I need to solve a case for each promotion and I won’t handle my own case until tomorrow, today’s performance only affects my salary.  The fam is stinking rich so it doesn’t matter, but I made $546 today. For a household just starting out, that would be great coin!

Back at home to see my baby!  Takao is unhappy when I try to feed him, which is a good sign that the family looked after his needs well in my absence.  I’d previously thought all babies look the same, but Takao seem especially cute. I wonder if Takao will inherit my ability to do the alien handshake and other special actions?

Chad comes over as soon as I convene our Club and heads straight for a yoga mat. What did you just ask me? Of course not; this is not some cheap ploy to arrange for a handsome hunk who is always half-dressed to both serve as my own eye candy and entertain the readers.  Watchette and I are making huge professional and personal sacrifices for the advancement of sim science, attempting to gauge the fitness potential of a townie who cannot be directly controlled.  Still a little thick around the waist, but not too bad. Not too bad at all. *gazes intently with "scientific interest"

The massage therapist Koetsu requested yesterday just arrives today. Koetsu will age up to an elder after midnight tonight, so his priority is making those last two good friends. What about the massage therapist? He is nowhere in sight, but Koetsu learns he can ask for a massage by clicking on the massage table. Too cool! Koetsu decides to ask for the Deep Stone Massage. Um, that massage table really needs to be cleaned. 
Meanwhile, Chad and I are renewing our vows.

Our household has control over five or six clubs.  We only use one constantly—our core club consists of the whole household.  We switch the club, depending on which club we want to build perk points for. But the other clubs are important, too. If a pollinator lives with us, he’ll have his own club to facilitate his various “activities.” A child sim runs their own club when working on the Social Butterfly aspiration.  An adult working on dynasty friendship requirements usually forms a separate club. And in my case, since Chad can’t live with us, I’ve formed a club with Chad so that he’ll spend more time with Takao and I; this club also lets me “encourage” him to engage in desirable activities. 

Nice! Koetsu and the massage therapist, named Nicholas Herring, become good friends!  Hiring services might be a great dynasty strategy if your world is running out of sims to befriend!  Our world, on the other hand, seems sufficiently populated for me and Takao to later complete our dynasty friendship requirements.

Koetsu is already friends with a little girl named Jennifer Caliente so he adds her to his club and starts a club gathering.  Here’s a shot of Koetsu with Jennifer soon after they become good friends. I can’t really explain why Dad’s in a speedo, but no worries about any possibly inappropriate behavior. Jennifer is Dad’s insane daughter with his girlfriend Desirae Caliente.

Good job on completing all your dynasty requirements, Dad! 

It’s 1:24 a.m. and Koetsu’s age bar says he has “0 days to age up” to elder. According to Dynasty Regulations, Koetsu is permitted to age up now so he throws a small birthday party for family and a few friends.

My darling Chad is conspicuously absent from the party. I soon find him on the treadmill and decide to mentor him.
Sim scientists the world over, rejoice!!! Our experiment is showing very positive results.  Chad had mostly been doing yoga today and only entered the gym this one time.
This project is definitely worth continuing! We will need, of course, to proceed with rigorous investigations!

But forgive me, I digress! Tonight is the night to congratulate Dad on his immortality, not to savor the sight of my husband’s new abs.  *blushes for having gotten so carried away
Erm, score one point for the advancement of Sim science?!  *pulls out the opera glasses for the sake of science
Chad, my darling, I think even @Playalot might approve!

And to close this chapter, here’s a shot of the real hero of this chapter.  Behold, Koetsu “enjoying” his first plate of ambrosia. Dad, you exerted supreme, unrelenting efforts to produce superior museum items and now the entire Nishijima household and extended circle of friends join you in celebrating the emergence of the Nishijima Dynasty’s sixth immortal!  Congratulations, Dad! We're all so proud of you!

Once the eighth-generation Takao has aged up to a child, the next chapter will focus on Takao’s daily life.
Watchette and Nanami both promise to stop obsessing over Chad’s abs….maybe.
Thanks to a three-day weekend, a lot of chapters could be completed. I'm dying to see Takao age up to child.

Thanks for reading!

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Yay! Chad looks amazing! Especially after all that training. Ooh la la!
Oh, and congratulations on your last heir! How exciting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
I totally loved this chapter! Great comedy! I can't play Sims much now because I have to spend so much time in bed for health issues but I can play vicariously through you Thank you!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
This is brilliant. I so hope you make it to the hall of fame after such an epic effort

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
@FrancescaFiori 
You have my eternal gratitude for the tip about the closet! If only it worked for work uniforms! I just hoped to switch the painter to slacks instead of pink & turquoise swimming trunks.

@JudesSims
I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm sorry to hear you've been under the weather. Please get well soon so I can get my JudesSim's fix. I've already read every story on your blog, even the discontinued ones.

@tjtemple
I'm not sure my effort has been epic but I've worked hard to sustain focus despite the repetitive nature of daily life. I'm lucky that the Gen7 heir, her spouse, and their child are all very attractive. Makes me want to give them a good life!  lol

To all three of you, I really appreciate your reading my silly tale. Thanks so much!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
@Magpie2012
Have you considered picking a "free" career, something no Immortal is going to touch, and just dumping them all into that one? Then you only have to worry about remembering that work hours and the YA work hours lol. Plus, you have the benefit that, since you already maxed a career, you don't have to be all finicky about job performance in the "Elder" career.

That's a great suggestion, Magpie! I fuss about my elders being late for work but actually it makes no difference at all once they've eaten ambrosia.
All they're good for now is to perform supporting socials, like Rally the Troops, Set Club Vibe, Mentor, and so forth.
Knowing myself, if I put them all in an unclaimed job, I'd start trying to get them all promoted, haha. 
So the elders mainly play foosball, meditate, clone potions, and other support actions. If they're bad, I sent them fishing and forget about them.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Congrats Koetsu on becoming immortal! And my goodness Project Chad is indeed worthy of closer inspection  ;) Nanami is just lovely and gen 8 born already! Woo... so close, so close!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Nishijima Dynasty: Aspiring to (Childish) Greatness (New-Feb 19)
« Reply #86 on: February 20, 2016, 12:56:05 AM »
Generation 8a: Aspiring to (Childish) Greatness

Watchette: Good morning, Nanami. It’s Wednesday!  What’s up?
Nanami: My second day of work starts soon, so I’m doing a Mind Concentrating routine as I’m trying to max Wellness. Chad’s also here and he’s doing yoga at another part of the lot.
W: Yoga has really transformed your appearance, Nanami! You look fantastic!
N: Yeah, I had big hips since my teen years but the treadmill and yoga have helped me slim down and tone my muscles.
W: Where’s Chad?
N: Oh, he’s practicing yoga on the back porch.

W: Hey, how’s your second day at work going?
Nanami: Today, I went on patrol and issued a few citations then got called back to the Police Station. When I get back, I did some busy work then issued an All-Points Bulletin, leading me to arrest the suspect you see me searching in the photo.
W: So you take her fingerprints and a mugshot? What next?
N: I can’t interrogate her, so another day passes without my solving a case. I’m thinking I won’t get a case assignment until my third day at work. That’s tomorrow. *drums fingers on her office desk impatiently

Hey, people!  It’s me, Takao! Mom tells me she received a notice about my birthday today while she was at work. After getting home, she ages me up first thing and gives me the Creative trait, then changes my clothes. I’m dressed in brown, just like Dad. 

I want to start by working on Whiz Kid, so I ask my Dad to play chess with me. You can’t see, but I’m being mentored by my Great-Great-Great-Great-Grandpa Satoshi (Gen2), while Dad is being mentored by my Great-Great-Grandpa Minoru. Too cool, right?

By the way, Mom says she’s a little sad that I don’t have her skin tone and my eyes aren’t turquoise like hers, either. I don’t know what you’d call the color of my eyes (golden or amber?), but it’s no mystery where I got this color from. Everyone says I look a lot like my Dad.

I had a better photo of my Dad’s eyes but I want to show you this weird shot instead. Besides seeing that Dad’s eyes are amber, you can also check out Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Grandpa Satoshi (I lost track of how many “Greats” to add, but he’s the son of The Founder) returning from being abducted by aliens. He looks like he’s hovering in mid-air but he’s actually falling from the Mother Ship.

Watchette, I wish Dad could live with us.
W: Yeah, me, too, kid, but your household is full.
Can’t we, like, talk to his family and maybe trade him for Grandma Naomi?
W: Haha, your Mom and I absolutely would love that, too, but it’s against the Immortal Dynasty Rules, sweetheart.
That’s so unfair!  *sniffle, sniffle
W: Awww, don’t cry, Takao. I’ll save the three of you to my library and, after all of this is over, you’ll live in your own awesome little house, just the three of you.
Really, Watchette!? Promise?
W: Yeah, it’s a promise.

As part of Whiz Kid, Mom is reading two books to me. One is Life in a Dynasty Household written by The Founder, and the second is Denzel Goth’s Dynasty Guide written by my Great-Great-Great-Grandfather Denzel Goth. Mom asked Dad to listen to the stories, too. It’s nice when all three of us can be together. She calls me and Dad “her boys,” which is weird since Dad is so much older than me.

Takao: Can I ask you a question, Dad?
Chad: Sure, son. What’s up?
T: Um, don’t you have any other clothes except those shorts?
C: Of course, I do, Big T. Why do you ask?
T: Because I’ve only ever seen you wearing those shorts. Why? Don’t you have a shirt?
C: I’m not sure why, son. Whenever I come over here, I suddenly get an irresistible urge to change into my shorts and high-tops.
T: Well, that’s too bad! I want to take a photo of us together, cuz Mom says I’m dressed in brown to match your outfit.
C: Well, Takao, you’ll have to try and catch me when I’m not working out or doing yoga.

Mom and I finish reading and I walk over to the kitchen and watch Grandpa Koetsu, who’s cooking up a storm!
Koetsu: I see what Watchette is doing!
Takao: What are you talking about?
K: She’s sneaking in a bunch of photos of Chad again, by pretending to have you talk about your father.
T: But I am talking about Dad. What’s wrong with that?
K: Hmmmph, nothing wrong with that. But when Nanami was young, all she did was complain about my work uniform and my only shirtless shot is that embarrassing photo of me in my speedo with my daughter Jennifer Caliente.
T: Grandpa, are you jealous of Dad?  Poor Dad! He can’t even live with us. Don’t you feel bad for him?
K: Huh, what are you saying? Of course I’m not jealous! Why should I care if…if…if, oh forget it.

After chatting with Grandpa Koetsu, I run into Dad upstairs with his clothes on and I snap a shot of us together.
Watchette: Hmmm, it’s going to be much harder for your Grandpa Koetsu to paint your Dad’s portrait for the museum. We better start working on that right away!

Early the next Thursday morning, Gen5 Grandpa Seimei mentors me in chess until I reach Level 4 Logic and just in time! I drink an Essence of Focus, Grandpa Seimei discusses “Cognitive Focusing Methods” with me, then I leave for my first day of school. Here I come, world!

Mom’s been stuck at Level 4 for three workdays now. Since she’s failed at analyzing evidence using the chemical analyzer three out of four times, she’s asked The Founder to mentor her in Handiness so she can upgrade the Police Station’s analyzers. After reaching Level 8, she makes me a child’s violin and a violin for adults. I can’t wait to play them!

Success! On her fourth workday stuck at Level 4, Mom is finally promoted to Level 5. She’s a Senior Detective now and looks sharp in her new uniform!
Oh, I forgot to mention that I finished Rambunctious Scamp yesterday!

Meanwhile, Grandpa Koetsu is finally able to paint two portraits of Chad. First, Grandpa moves two easels near a card table on the back patio because Dad’s out jogging. Next, he lures Dad to an easel by inviting him to play cards. 
Koetsu: The left painting is a masterpiece, Nanami, but Chad’s smiling in the right painting. Which do you prefer?
Nanami: Sadly, I mean, fortunately, Chad’s in his street clothes for his museum portrait.
Koetsu: Very sneaky, Nanami!  I see what’s going on here!
N: Whaaa!? What are you talking about, Dad?
K: I spent so much time and energy, trying to get Chad to pose for his museum portrait and I even painted two of them, so you could choose which one you like best.
N: Oh Dad, that’s so sweet of you! I really appreciate it!
K: Can it, daughter. In the end, it was all just another photo opp for Chad. Look at that photo—two portraits of Chad but I’m standing there with my back turned. Unbelievable!
N: Sorry, Dad…let’s blame it on Watchette, shall we?

Ssshhh, this morning, I caught Mom kissing Dad on the back porch! Yowza! I never knew Mom and Dad do things like that when they think I’m not around! I heard they were going to renew their vows this morning, but wow Mom was all over Dad!  When I grow up, I hope I meet someone who loves me as much as Mom loves Dad. And I hope my love for her will be as over the top as Dad’s is for Mom.

Koetsu: Okay, okay, I give up! I bet Watchette talked Nanami and Takao into setting up that little scenario just now to make me feel bad.  Here’s the portrait of Chad you really wanted, Nanami. 
Happy now?
Watchette: Koetsu, you are being way too paranoid. Your daughter is simply really into her husband. That’s just Nanami's Infatuation, not Watchette Manipulation. Get a grip, man! But hey, fine painting there!
K: Uh, thanks for another photo of my back?
*Koetsu eats dust as Nanami races off to hang up this new portrait of Chad, while Watchette mutters to no one in particular, “Perchance Chad needs ‘A Room of His Own’”?

Mom has the day off today so her and Dad go to the Perfect Balance Spa to unwind. From there, they go on a date at Desert Bloom Park. Mom really should have changed out of her towel before leaving the spa. They sure attract some weirdos!

When I get home from school today with an A, I max Whiz Kid at last.
After finishing my homework and extra credit, I run outside to greet my visitor, Kolby Soto (I’m finishing up the Social Butterfly aspiration today).  I notice Dad and Mom straggling out of a weird closet on the front porch. Dad's wearing a huge, goofy grin and Mom’s got a completely dopey look on her face.
Is changing clothes really that much fun?

The next morning, The Founder is mentoring me in Violin for the Artistic Prodigy aspiration before I leave for grade school. I still need to play a musical instrument for three more hours, but it’s time to leave for school!

Yesterday, Mom had done most of her evidence gathering and analysis to solve her third case. When she arrives at work today, she’s all ready to issue an All-Points Bulletin, arrest and interrogate her perp,  solve her third case, and get promoted to Level 7.  As you can see in the photo below, she’s completely filled up her Case Map with clues.  Even after arresting the same suspect at three different places, though, the perp never showed up at the police station. Mom’s still fuming that she didn’t get a promotion!

Watchette: I’m feeling pretty impatient with this Detective career, too.
Nanami: Well, I swear, if that perp isn’t at the Police Station when I arrive there tomorrow, I want to switch careers.  Is that okay with you?
W: Sure. The uncertainty’s driving me crazy, too. Yesterday, the Chief and the four prisoners were gone all day, but they were all back when you got to work this morning.
N: Do you remember when I went on patrol today because there wasn’t anything else I could do? I couldn’t issue citations or return to the Police Station, so I had to hang around Windenberg until my shift ended!
W: I was wondering why you never returned to the Station.
N: Is that how the Police Station’s supposed to work?
W: Who knows?  Anyway, let’s see if your perp’s there tomorrow.

Well, to end this chapter on a positive note, people, let me share the news that I completed my fourth and last childhood aspiration today. With The Founder mentoring me, I played the violin for the remaining three hours, both satisfying the Artistic Prodigy aspiration and reaching Level 5 violin.

Five more days until I’m a teen! If anything interesting happens between then and now, I’ll be sure to let you know!
Mom will probably change careers. Watchette and Mom are way too impatient these days to put up with a career that takes so much time between promotions.  They both need to chill…
See you again soon, I hope!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #87 on: February 20, 2016, 01:08:13 AM »
Oh, the portraits *eyebrow wiggle*  ;D Fab chapter, as ever. I'm getting so excited for you as you head towards the final teen stage of your dynasty.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2016, 02:11:03 AM »
This is so exciting now you're getting close. Are you anxious about Mom getting to max a career or does she have plenty of time to switch and max a different one? I'm feeling a bit anxious on her behalf!  This is making me want to start another dynasty, I've never used clubs in mine; do you think they make it easier?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #89 on: February 20, 2016, 11:30:49 AM »
@Playalot
I'm such a nerd! When I started Project Chad, I was thinking, "Hmmm, how would he rate now on the Playalot Fitness God Scale?"  LOL
Ended up making a twin of him as a young adult with a smaller waist. The twin sits in my library bin for future fun.

Thanks for the moral support. I wouldn't have gotten this far without having been a Hollingsworth fangirl.