Author Topic: Re: My No Buy, I'm Baaaackk! May 21 First note has link to chapters  (Read 31336 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: My No Buy, Update Feb. 18, Yay! Me!
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2016, 12:36:00 AM »
This is such a fascinating challenge. I'm not sure if I have the patience or self-control not to go into build mode though! Love the story telling, as always and dat swimming pool! Gorgeous! Can not wait to see how the lot will look when completed.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: My No Buy, Update Feb. 18, Yay! Me!
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2016, 05:14:55 PM »
Oh, it is SOOOO hard to not go into buy mode!  I keep saying to myself, "you will NOT cheat, it is a challenge!"  The thing is, it's getting more and more fun figuring out ways to get what you want without buying stuff.  It's like that guy, Craig's List Joe, who did all kinds of stuff just bartering back and forth on Craig's list.  Traveled all over and everything.  I am now invested in checking out every single fishing spot for goodies.  Finally got a shower, (not shown yet), and a violin and now am hoping for a radio and???? whatever else can be found.  Time out to work on the RD challenge though.  So much fun, so little time.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: My No Buy, Update To Boldly Go! Mar. 5
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2016, 09:28:04 PM »
Laurent and I are so in love.  It sometimes amazes me how, with all the silly struggles we've had building our little nest that we are such love birds.  Every day when one or the other of us comes home from work we greet the other with a kiss.

That particular evening we wound up once again debating how we would continue on.  Do we focus on careers?  Remember we had agreed to max most of them.  Do we continue to try to max our collections?  Again, we had agreed to do that as well.  Finally, we decided on a short trip to Granite Falls to visit the hermit.  We had a couple of fish to catch we could only get there and I needed a few lessons in herbalism.  As usual, she and I chatted for hours, bonding a close friendship and sharing our recipes.

Unfortunately, we never did catch those fish we wanted.  For one thing, Laurent always got so homesick while camping.  For another, we think there was a mysterious creature in the river that chased them away.  All we got was a shower and a picture of the creature.  We must redouble our efforts while at home to see if we can see our local "Nessie".

Back home again, I used my lessons to the good.  My garden was growing beautifully and I finally got that last herb identified.  Oh, and I maxed out the gardening skill.   Hmmm,  I forgot to take a nice picture of "Bossy", our cowplant.  Oh well, we'll do the garden another time.

Laurent has taken up painting as a hobby.  He says one day he may actually join the painter career, although I don't know why since he really wants to be an astronaut and go into space.  He'll have to buff up a bit for that though!

Meanwhile, while at work, he finally maxed out the Scientist career!  Here is a picture of him upgrading our equipment.

Ima:  Honey!!!  You did it!!  Congratulations!

Laurent:  Yes, at last.  And now it's time for a celebration and I know just what I want to do!

Ima:  Laurent!   You naughty boy!

Laurent:  Hush and get in here!  I guarantee it will be fun.

*giggles, bush rustling, sound of fireworks*

Ima:  Oh!  Laurent!

Laurent:  See?  I told you it would be fun.

Ima:  Yes, but what of the neighbors?

Laurent:  Out here?  Who cares!  Viva l'amour!

Ima:  I didn't know you were so adventurous!  You continue to surprise and amaze me.  Ummm, you don't suppose the Watcher caught us do you?

Laurent:  Again, who cares?  As for adventure, have I got some fun for you!

He wasn't just whistling Dixie!  He led me inside to our new, improved wormhole generator and.................

Voila!!  Our first landing on Sixam!  Laurent had told me this was possible but with all the tinkering with the generator he had done at home I wasn't sure it would work.
We immediately set up a tent, (I had to sleep five nights in a tent for my Outdoor Enthusiast goal), and off he went to explore.

Laurent here.  While ma cherie slumbers peacefully under an alien sky, I got busy harvesting some new and unusual fruits.  I am convinced she will make some very delicious foods with these and they will look quite lovely in our garden.  However, I must say harvesting some of them was quite a challenge as they tended to bite or prick ones fingers.  No mind.  I got all I needed.  This could make a huge difference in our financial situation as well.  I am sure there will be a large market for such delicacies.

I also made my first contact with the alien peoples here.  I was pleased to see that other than their unusual coloration and garb they were quite human looking, and not at all frightening. 

We became quite friendly, even sharing cell numbers so we could stay in contact.  My first alien friend!

She was quite enthralled with the pictures from Earth.  Our Simnation fascinated her no end.  It was a good thing she was such a good person or there could have been diplomatic repercussions.

Eat your heart out, Jean Luc!  I did boldly go and made some friends, the first contact was a success!  Even this gentleman I met later was a joy to talk with, although he declined my request for DNA samples.

Back home again I knew our adventures must continue, but when and where we do not yet know.  I leave you now with this picture of my darling Ima, perhaps it will be the last time we see her as our Master Chef!  Au revoir!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Loved the alien being enthralled with the pictures from Earth, brilliant!

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
Your story (and pictures) are wonderful! I don't comment often but I am reading.

Offline Tawny

• Nooboo
I really enjoy your story! I even got a few game tips :D

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Loved the alien being enthralled with the pictures from Earth, brilliant!

Thank you.  I really wanted him to establish some friends and relationships while there but his allowed time was so short.  He had work the next day!  These two just chatted away with his alien friend being very amused by the photos.

Your story (and pictures) are wonderful! I don't comment often but I am reading.

Thank you, Jude!  Same here.  I don't always comment but I am reading your stories as well.

I really enjoy your story! I even got a few game tips :D

Thank you, Tawny.  Are you doing this kind of challenge as well?  Hope you write it up if so.  I think it's much easier when you have two Sims.  I really admire Miss Trips and how she put together such good rules, (harder than mine), and what she has accomplished.  Right now I think I've made mine a bit more complicated than I had wanted originally, but it still is a lot of fun.

----------
My No Buy Story

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: My No Buy, Bummer! Mar. 8 First note has link to chapters links
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2016, 05:49:31 PM »
*sigh*  I am such an irresponsible "mom".  As you can see, our poor cowplant met an untimely end, all due to my negligence.  Really, all I had to do was hire a gardener but noooo, I had to pinch pennies while I frolicked with my friends.  RIP "Bossy".

To make it worse, no matter how hard I tried I could not get my incognito party to gold!  Bummer!  Another party frizzled out.  Well, at least I made silver and got a lovely flying llama statue that will do quite nicely in our yard.  I'll try again, of course.  I really do want all golds.

This one didn't go so well either!!  Who knew you could blow a dance party?

After that fiasco the gang and I decided to go to the park.  At least I could practice my mixology skills and Laurent could probably catch more fish.

Little did I know I'd really need one of those frosty beverages!  Anything to pick up the mood.  Did you all realize there were homeless aliens?  I sure didn't until I saw this guy.

Laurent had met a few on his trip to Sixam, and being the kind hearted guy he is, he suggested we have a Weenie Roast, right there in the park.  At least this alien would get a good meal then.  I got into the spirit of things telling ghost stories.

This was our third attempt at a party that day AND a third attempt at a Weenie Roast!  We had everything we needed, right?  Right.  Except I couldn't get anyone to roast hot dogs!  Fail! *sigh*  I thanked everyone for coming and Laurent and I went
home.  It's nice to have such loyal friends.  They said they all had a blast anyway.  Wish I could say the same for me.

At home, Laurent was determined to transform something, ANYTHING, into a bar so we could have better parties right at home.  First shot was the snail sculpture for our garden but then.............

TA DA!  A matching love seat for our lounge.  Things were looking up and it just kept on getting better.  I finally could get all those messy books picked up!  Neat, huh?

Time to rearrange furniture and do a little remodeling.  I'll have pictures soon, I promise.  Our home is turning into quite a mansion.

After all that Laurent and I decided it was time to mosey on over to the gym.  Gotta love those mood manager potions!  We almost never sleep or anything.  So here's a couple of shots of my guy buffing up, although why he still wants to be an astronaut is beyond me.  We really need to sort our priorities!

No cheating Mr. Tough Guy!

We still don't have a completed collection, although it's getting closer and we still haven't met all our aspirations.  I quit my career and then rejoined, hoping to be able to choose the mixology field.  We really do need that bar.  So far don't know if that is possible.  Meanwhile, both Laurent and I paint, play music and do all we can to gear up for the future.  More later.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: My No Buy, Update Bummer! March 8 First note has link to chapters links
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2016, 06:07:52 PM »
Lovely update--I love watching your home grow and fill in!
Great job on the loveseat and the bookcase!!!

Arrgggh, the Incognito Party! The "Compliment costume" milestone is so time-consuming! What a slog!
And I've never had the option to throw a Dance Party as a "prestige party."
I did throw one anyway, and the entire household agreed that the party was boring. Oh well.

Sadly, once a sim chooses one branch of a career, the other branch is forever closed to that sim. But Laurent could still go the Mixology route.
Are you finding this game more relaxing?

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2016, 01:49:51 PM »
Thank you, Oshizu.  I'm supposed to be building a new mansion for the Build A House Contest but having so much fun with this one I just can't get into it.

I would have gotten gold with the Incognito Party had I had a bar.  I was supposed to mix up a specific drink and of course, couldn't, so I might try again at Partihause.  I do love the Flying Llama statue though.  Makes me laugh.

I didn't know that about the careers!  Bummer.  Oh well, she'll just have to do something else I guess.  I'll just check and see what the rewards are and go with one of those careers.  I need exercise equipment too.  They already have enough desks and the bookcase from transforming but we'll see.  My problem with this type of game is not ever being able to focus and just choose ONE thing to do.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2016, 05:16:34 PM »
I love how you get right into transforming things. When I tried that with Dude he got silly useless things and then started fires all the time so I gave up. I didn't even know that snail statue was even in the game!  :o As for getting that bookcase, wow! What a score!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2016, 06:26:05 AM »
@Playalot, I discovered something.  My culinary Sim has a fire about every 4 or 5 transforms, BUT my high level Scientist rarely has a fire!  Also, my cook gets a grey cube 2 out of 3, more or less, clones.  My Scientist NEVER gets a cube.    So I rarely use Ima for anything involving scientific equipment anymore.  Of course, it leaves me wondering if I'll ever have Laurent in another job!  I have several rooms of my house and a lot of the garden/yard done mostly from transforming and parties.  I so suck at parties!

They still haven't finished any collections, which is annoying.  Spent the entire weekend fishing and only filled one slot.  Two fish to go, the gummy one and the skeleton one but not sure where to find them.

Ima is about to switch careers.  I want a big tv!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2016, 07:33:45 AM »
Dude was level 12 and had maxed his career ages ago but he still made fires more then actually transforming anything. So annoying. He also very rarely got cubes from the cloning machine, but he was 'good' at that from day one.  ::)

I caught a skeleton in the first fishing place by the library in Willow Creek and a gummy fish in the fishing place at the front of Oasis Spring park. I know you can catch them from a few places so I'll get organized tomorrow (it's really late here now) and I'll send you a list (PM)

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2016, 10:10:44 AM »
Joria, I caught both of those fish in the spot all the way in the back of Oasis Springs park.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2016, 11:26:19 PM »
I can't believe it has taken me so long to find this amazing challenge and story! It is a real inspiration, I am learning so much! As for the parties, I noticed that you must end any club gatherings while having the party as some of the interactions disappear (ie: Call to meal, compliment costume etc) once you have completed those things you can start the club gathering again. Your house is looking amazing, and good on you for not cheating, I can't imagine how hard that must be for you! hehehe