Author Topic: Refreshed, Recycled: An Immortal Dynasty (Updated: 07/08/16)  (Read 65921 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Refreshed, Recycled: An Immortal Dynasty (Updated: 3/04/16)
« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2016, 07:37:59 PM »
That makes it even better! Loved how spontaneous the proposal felt... because it was! lol I really am adoring Mitch even more than last time/s and as for Kessy, well she just really is fab.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2016, 09:09:24 PM »
That's such a funny behind-the-scenes. I was just going to kiss her, but I proposed instead...in my towel.
Seems like such a Mitch thing to pull off. And no doubt the first towel proposal in simhistory!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2016, 06:28:48 AM »
Maybe next time there'll be a nude proposal...? xD

Thank you all so much, it wasn't an easy time during this chapter. February was a horrible month to go through in my personal life and I stopped playing the dynasty file because I didn't want the negativity to affect my writing. Kinda silly but I wanted at least one thing in my life to go right and be fun and crazy =)
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2016, 06:55:41 AM »
sheesh I really missed a lot.  Apologies, I can't get on during weekends...

heh, I love that Sims everywhere are "wiping the floor with Grim" so he's attempting to buff up.  I have yet to see Grim at the gyms in my game (not that I go much since buying equipment at the house).  Loved the confrontation(s) with Eliza Pancakes.  Bob Pancakes (that is Bob, right) looks kind of unhappy there in the background of the Don pic.  This is probably going to sound terrible, but I find it hilarious that the proposal was an accident and you were stuck begrudgingly taking pictures of the moment.

The house looks pretty neat in the background.  Will we get a picture of it?
Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #79 on: April 04, 2016, 09:23:11 AM »
@wfgodot No worries, catch up/read at your own pace. I think it was Play and sdhoey who had Sims also beat up the Grim so I thought I'd make references to them ^-^ Wouldn't it be awesome if all alternate reality Grims were beaten up by our Sims at the same time? He's been showing up quite randomly at other places too. I noticed Bob coming out, maybe he was embarrassed to be married to Eliza? It's such a funny moment, I'm glad to be able to laugh at it now.

I can post what the house looks like now as it was mostly incomplete during the wedding after the next chapter.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
Re: Refreshed, Recycled: An Immortal Dynasty - Ch. 11
« Reply #80 on: April 04, 2016, 09:30:18 AM »
11: Forever

What was it about Morgan that drew the guys to her? Maybe it was the red hair, or that she was simply beautiful. Whatever it was, Don was hooked but Morgan wasn’t interested in an old fart whatsoever.

“Kes, come see how smitten he is.”

“Hey Morgan, check out these groovy moves,”

“Can you get him to stop?”

“Sorry, hun, I have no control over him,”

“Joaquin, I’m glad you could make it!” Ash was ready to wrap her arms around him but was violently pushed back.

“Rude!” Candy yelled at him.

“Joaquin?”

“Don’t. I know all about you and Marcus,”

“We flirted once or twice, well before you and I started dated. Not that it’s any of your business. What, no comeback?” Determined not to let the jerk ruin the day, Ash gathered the rest of the guests for the vows.

“Ready, love?”

“More than ever!”

“My dearest Kestrel, I promise to love you always and support you through the pressures of the present and uncertain future. You have my fullest devotion, my love, my respect and I will cherish every day we share for the rest of our lives.”

Kessy could feel tears rolling down her cheeks. “Darling Mitchell, I love you more than anything, you have been the ever shining light in my life and I promise to encourage and inspire you, asking that you be no other than yourself. You give me the strength to reach for my dreams and make me the luckiest girl alive to be married to you once more. Love you forever, Mitchy!”

Among the guests there were murmurs of approval and several noses being blown as the couple kissed.

“Kessy?”

“Yes, love?”

“Promise not to get mad?”

“Hmm?”

“Some of the guests just ate our wedding cake...”

She trembled with fury in his arms and then just sighed. “We always have the backup cake!” She took a quick look at the guests eating her beautiful wedding cake and mentally tortured them.

As Mitch cut the cake the guests brought out hooters and began throwing a mixture of confetti and rice.

“Aw, they fixed the cake glitch. Omnomnom. And it tastes divine,”

Then it was time to work off the fat on the dance floor.

“Word of advice, Mitch, don’t break my Kessy’s heart. Or you might find yourself in a room without a door.” Don gave Mitchell his best menacing uncle face.

“Or a pool with no ladder <3” Kessy said giggling.

“Hey, you know I’ll treat her well,”

“I know, I just wanted to see if you’d run off. Like I would do,”

“Uncle Donnie, one day you’ll find someone to sweep you off your feet,”

Venkat and Ash may not have been the centre of attention as spares but they were grateful to be part of a dynasty, especially now with a house where they could relax after work and pursue their own dreams. Venkat found a love for the DJ booth and Ash for dancing.

“Wedding selfie!”

It seemed only right Joaquin made up for his earlier behaviour by cleaning up after everyone. Ash secretly knew Kessy had threatened him with something called a Hurricane Punch. She wish she knew what that meant, it sounded so-Kessy.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Refreshed, Recycled: An Immortal Dynasty (Updated: 4/04/16)
« Reply #81 on: April 04, 2016, 12:24:50 PM »
What a lovely wedding!
Kessy looks even more fabulous than usual in her wedding gown and Mitch looks amazing--check out his side profile under the wedding arch. Fitness workouts are this lazy sim's friend! (Love his shirt, too!)
And his waist is sooo tiny!  Nice work, Kessy and Watcher!

Um, Don making a threat about being faithful--just doesn't sound convincing from that man!
Every chapter, I like Ash more and more. No doubt because you're showing us how photogenic she can be! Boo, Joaquin--your grudge is outdated and irrelevant!!!
Ash, honey, you can soooo do better than him!

Oh oh, looking forward to seeing the house!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #82 on: April 04, 2016, 01:29:59 PM »
@oshizu If I had things my way I would pause the game and just sigh over Mitch, all day  ;) It was pretty simple to get him into shape after so much practise and he didn't complain much (thank heavens for the spa day features and all the mood buffs). I love that shirt too, I made it when I learned to recolour but I may have to redo it later, some of my old CC just looks ugly to me now. Kessy did most of the work mentoring him, I just *embarrassed cough* clicked buttons hee hee.

I love Don, strangely enough he hasn't tried to flirt with Kessy even once and he was glaring at Mitch for some reason so I had to add the protective uncle in ^^

Ash is so lovely, sometimes I regret choosing Joaquin over Marcus (he's so sweet and keeps calling her even as friends).

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #83 on: April 04, 2016, 01:57:00 PM »
Ash is so lovely, sometimes I regret choosing Joaquin over Marcus (he's so sweet and keeps calling her even as friends).
Is it too late for Ash and Marcus?  :(  (Not a fan of the Joaquin...)

Maybe if we're lucky, @Shewolf13 will share photos of Marcus spawn, hehe.

Even if you're just clicking buttons, it's still your decision to get Kessy to a place where she can mentor Mitch at home. He looks amazing at his wedding!

NJ, I had no idea that you also create and recolour your own cc!!! *bows in worship, scatters rose petals in front of your path
Whoa, Don not flirty at all with Kessy--he understands the value of his life. Just kidding--I can understand why he's seen as a protector in your story. I was turned off by his trying so hard to impress Morgan. When does Don ever have to try so hard? Lol

So looking forward to seeing the child(ren?) of Kessy and Mitch! <3

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #84 on: April 04, 2016, 06:46:58 PM »
@oshizu I'm afraid so, currently at gen 3 as a child  :) I'm eagerly waiting to see Marcus' kids in her dynasty. My CC making is very basic and I tend to create more for myself than sharing to the public. Not forgetting that I procrastinate and don't get things done fast enough. I think Don sees Kessy as one of the guys, plus it would be too weird for me if they ever did anything romantic towards one another  ::) Let me tell you now, the heir is    :o 8) :-*

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #85 on: April 04, 2016, 07:02:51 PM »
Now you've got me even more excited about meeting your heir(s)!!!  I would never have imagined your gameplay is that far ahead?
What is your approach?  Do you play while taking screenshots until you reach what you consider an appropriate stopping point, then organize and select your screenshots into a chapter?

Before I forget, their wedding selfie is really gorgeous! Kessy's eyes!

During your parties, do you drag all the badly-dressed townies off to the closet?  Haha.

About cc creation, just looking at the websites of the creators I prefer, they seem to devote more time to cc creation than gameplay. Everyone finds their own way of enjoying the Sims, definitely.
I would miss your stories too much if you spent more of your time creating cc!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #86 on: April 04, 2016, 08:01:43 PM »
Gorgeous! They wedding selfie was really lovely, I stared at it for a while as both their expressions were very attractive.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #87 on: April 05, 2016, 07:08:42 AM »
@oshizu My progress has been slow. I started the IDC on 11 January, expecting to take at least a month for each heir (so I could be done in 8/9 months). Almost restarted because I wanted to 'save' GT townies for the second gen but Nutella informed me it wasn't allowed which I'm glad about, I've loved my helpers. Didn't play at all in February so second gen was born early March.

I had a strategy ready for writing and playing simultaneously but that went out the window. It's actually quite terrible, I made notes when I took particular screenshots, others I'd make a mental note instead and somehow I've remembered what was supposed to happen during those scenes. I so want to change the townie outfits, I may do it slowly but it's a long drawn process. I've never understood how anyone can create for the game but not play  :o

@Playalot Thank you! They took the selfie the day after, it was too crazy and I didn't want photobombing xD

The house is coming up in the next post.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
Re: Refreshed, Recycled: An Immortal Dynasty - House Tour
« Reply #88 on: April 05, 2016, 07:33:00 AM »
House Tour

The original house was built underground and based on a space ship, unfortunately there was only one entrance and it took ages for them to leave for work. It didn't help that most of the walls and floors were grey and I tried to use pops of colour here and there to brighten the place up. It lasted one Sim day before I tore it down and restarted.

I've been livestreaming some of my room builds, which are always hexagonal octagonal (I dunno, this was something I started doing in TS3 and never stopped) and took inspiration from those to build the new house.

Front view, looks like the Globe Theatre:

Kitchen:

Sauna, yoga room, gym, spare/visitors/immortals bedroom and household bathrooms. The sauna may change into a bar/dining room, opinions welcome:

Wedding, dining and party area:

The pool:

Bedrooms and door leading to the back garden (only accessible by household):

Nursery/child room. I blurred the bed and rug to keep the gender/trait a secret:

The study/focused room with a view of the visitor/guest bathrooms:

The very inspired art room. Huge thanks to Venkat for unlocking all the items! Players of DAI, Skyrim & The Witcher 3 may recognise the scenery in the canvases ^-^:

The garden. I have a room called The Secret Garden up on the gallery, this was inspired from that room:

I threw the big TV in because there was nothing else to fill in the area:

Love this area. Inspired by gardens near my home and looking at many, many English gardens on Google and Bing:

The relaxing area. The fenced off part leads to an underground photo studio, although I do like the ability to paint from reference I prefer photographs (black & white filter makes everyone look so classy):

Filler area. I didn't know what to do with this part so I added the piano and a bench. I finally made use of that tree with the lights:

Another filler area with the *ahem* woohoo bush:

Birds eye view of the ground floor:

Museum rooms on the first floor. The middle sections will be for extras, etc and I blurred out the second gen room to prevent spoilers. You can have a preview of Kessy's room though, if you squint xP:

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Refreshed, Recycled: An Immortal Dynasty (Updated: 05/04/16)
« Reply #89 on: April 05, 2016, 08:34:42 AM »
This is the most extraordinary, amazing build. I love the hexagonal room structure. I've never even considered building like that and you had me at 'Globe Theatre'! The use of bright colors and clutter and CC build/buy items everywhere all contribute to the spaces feeling unique and incredibly interesting to look at. As for converting the sauna into a dining room, well you already have a table outside and it's always good to have one more activity for sims to do so if it were me, I'd probably keep the sauna.  :)

anything