Author Topic: Refreshed, Recycled: An Immortal Dynasty (Updated: 07/08/16)  (Read 65606 times)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: Refreshed, Recycled: An Immortal Dynasty (Updated: 09/04/16)
« Reply #120 on: April 10, 2016, 07:46:39 AM »
@Ricalynn @Nettlejuice Those three together? I'm not sure, that sounds like Tony Soprano meets Bonnie (Bonnie and Clyde) meets Some version of Robert De Niro. *shutters*

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Re: Refreshed, Recycled: An Immortal Dynasty - Ch. 14
« Reply #121 on: April 10, 2016, 10:00:09 AM »
14: Pop

It was Kessy’s second try at a House Party, the guests were still gathered from the previous attempt and she just hoped this time things went according to plan. Dancing was the easiest.

The Goths were natural flirts with one another so that was one more task to tick off the list.

“I’m not sure that’s such a good idea,” Bella was saying as Ulrike pulled the Tragic Clown face.

Ash was fortunately in a pretty playful mood and the girls laughed it off.

Kessy was constantly ordering drinks for guests, if only they’d hurry up and grab them on time.

Mitchell was giving Hugo advice on gourmet cooking, they were hoping to hire him as the caterer for their next planned party.

Don was caught flirting with Luna Villareal (if only their relationship would progress to produce some cute nooboos).

With that the gold medal was earned and Kessy went into labour. She’d just managed to unlock the nursery when she gave birth to a baby girl.

She was named Iolana – pronounced ee oh law na – in honour of her Hawaiian father. A name that meant ‘to soar like a hawk’, also fitting for a child of Kestrel.

“My precious, bwahahaha!”

She looked so small in Mitch’s arms and babbled away happily.

“Could you age up already, you’re the smelliest baby I know!”

After making sure Iolana’s needs were met, they changed into their party wear once more for their adult birthdays. Mitch was first.

Then it was Venkat’s turn. Ash was starting to feel uncomfortable.

“Ow, that was unexpected!”

“Er, Kes, could you hurry please?”

“Going as fast as I can,”

“Argh, Kes!”

“I’m done, go, go, go!”

“Wait, don’t tell me it was a false alarm?”

“Ah, my little man, Ru Xian.”

Immediately after she aged into an elder, still exhilarated from her recent birth she wasn’t too fussed over missing out on cake.

Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Refreshed, Recycled: An Immortal Dynasty (Updated: 10/04/16)
« Reply #122 on: April 10, 2016, 11:00:05 AM »
That one picture where Kessy is going "my precious", the heart on the wall made me think she had bear ears or something.  I had to look at it several times!

Congratulations on the birth of Iolana and Ru!  Whoo!  I want to call her Lana but don't want her to be confused with Archer... though.. DANGER ZONE.  -cough-  That's out of my system now.

Great update and yay all the nooboos!
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #123 on: April 10, 2016, 11:45:38 AM »
Dang party timer bug! Such a pain, isn't it? Congrats on the gold!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #124 on: April 10, 2016, 03:36:12 PM »
A lot happened around that one party!

I love that you gave her a Hawiian first name--even if she takes Kessy's family name as the heir, Mitch must be thrilled!
Kessy looks especially gorgeous at the moment she ages up (the "I'm done, go, go, go") shot.

I hadn't noticed the little ears during my first read (Thanks Ricalynnn) so I went back to look.  Hmmmm, hmmm, lol!  Little bear cub ears!
Your dynasty has made care even less about The Dog (Joaquin) than I had before--I believe it's proportional to how much I like Ash!
Such a surprise that she became an elder already!

(And why is Mitch pulling that scary face in the last shot?)

In my new game, the party timer is completely unreliable so I frantically rush through the milestones, hoping I finish in time. But that must hurt for your dynasty!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #125 on: April 10, 2016, 03:37:31 PM »
Just caught up.  So many stories, so little time.  Where do I start?  Ok, me and hubby in stitches over, "So how does the drink thing work for you?"  "Look on the floor."  OMG we roared with laughter on that one, but you see, we're Terry Pratchett fans and I remember Death drinking in one flick and I "hear" Grim speaking with Death's voice.  Hilarious.  Oh, and the absolutely fabulous CC!!!  I so wish I knew how to do that!  Keep it up, NJ.  I look to you for my laugh a day.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #126 on: April 10, 2016, 05:16:30 PM »
@Ricalynn I noticed when taking the screenshot and it looked so cute ^^ I've also been tempted to call her Lana (now I have Archer on the brain lol) because I am just lazy at tying up names (which is why Ru was called Ru...)

@Shewolf13 This was before the party timer bug, still three parties in one day was such hard work. Play is queen of party planning. The timer bug has prevented me from progressing further, my second gen was lucky to get two parties and a date completed so far.

@oshizu It's three parties if you include the failed House Party =D I probably won't try that again any time soon. I've wanted a Hawaiian name for ages and Mitch is indeed super happy about it, third gen also has a foreign name inspired by one parent. I'm actually pleased to have at least one character who isn't so hated lol, even more than Eliza. Ash is so youthful, right? I saved her and made her young again for my normal gameplay, hopefully she'll live much longer and have a happier life. Mitch was reacting to a dirty nappy I believe.

@Joria Ah, it was a sad day when Terry Pratchett passed away  :'( I think of Grim as his Death. Both you got a laugh out of that, makes my day ^-^

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #127 on: April 10, 2016, 06:40:48 PM »
@Nettlejuice

Ah ok, yeah, I forget how far ahead you are!  And you are certainly right.  The only parties I don't seem to have an issue with are dates (of course) and weddings.  I seem to do pretty well with weddings.  But things that should be simple, like birthdays and house parties... I just have an issue with!  Throw in that dang timer bug and it seems impossible at times.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #128 on: April 10, 2016, 07:01:07 PM »
Congrats on all the nooboos and elders! Loved Kes giving Eliza what-for in the bar... more of that please. Dang I loath that sim!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #129 on: April 10, 2016, 08:04:24 PM »
@Joria Ah, it was a sad day when Terry Pratchett passed away  :'( I think of Grim as his Death. Both you got a laugh out of that, makes my day ^-^
[/quote]

I still am in tears when I think of MY loss.  I couldn't even read any of his stuff after he passed for a long time.  I wanted to fit Tiffany Aching in with the witches but it just wasn't right for the scene.  I always look at his little pouch as being Death of Rats.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
« Reply #130 on: April 11, 2016, 07:09:45 AM »
Congrats on your nooboos NJ!  I've been really excited to see Kessy's child.  Can't wait til she ages up.  I never actually read any Terry Pratchett books (except for Good Omens), but I hear people talk about how great he was all the time.  I thought his death announcement was kind of touching, how they wrote it in that way for his fans.  He has so much out there I don't know where to start, and when I say as much to somebody the response is pretty much "You can start wherever" so... I just end up not starting!
Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #131 on: April 11, 2016, 09:06:23 AM »
I was and still am a huge pratchett fan. It's why I had an Eskarina Smith in my sims 3 immortal dynasty.

I love how you capture all your Sims differing personalities which can be so hard to do.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #132 on: April 11, 2016, 01:56:38 PM »
@Shewolf13 I can't wait for them to fix it, soo much to do still.

@Playalot Soon, Play, soon  ;)

@Joria Oh, please do have Tiffany in the future. And the Death of Rats, yes, why did I not think of that?

@wfgodot I'll have the next chapter up soon so you can see the heir (as a useful Sim, not one that demands feeding and nappy changing). I highly recommend checking out anything but the first one I read was Witches Abroad and I loved it so much I went in search of The Colour Of Magic and never stopped reading. I had to hide the books from my parents though (I was 13 and some of the covers were... questionable, my parents would have burned them lol).

@ratchie Oh, it is hard, some characters come to me naturally and others I have to think outside of my comfort zone to figure out what they must be like.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #133 on: April 11, 2016, 02:24:27 PM »
  I always look at his little pouch as being Death of Rats.

I do too!

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
Re: Refreshed, Recycled: An Immortal Dynasty - Ch. 15
« Reply #134 on: April 12, 2016, 09:40:39 AM »
15: I Had A Title But I Thought It’d Be Inappropriate

The nooboo days were dull and spent in skilling, negotiating for bonuses and a whole lot of meditating. Mitch was there to watch over as his baby girl was a baby no more.

“How do I look, daddy?”

“Like a young Audrey Simburn,”

“Now that there are kids about, don’t you think it’s inappropriate to be in our swim suits all day?”

They were just in time too, Iolana had changed her style and was heading to the study.

“Hmm, I wouldn’t do that if I were you,”

“You know, you’re supposed to try and beat me, not help me,”

“Checkmate,”

“You are one smart cookie,”

“She takes after her mummy,”

Moments later, Ru also aged up and Ash was waiting with a big hug.

Like mother, like daughter. Both were hmming and ahhing, and boring the rest of the house with their endless game of chess.

As all children must, Iolana and Ru headed for the first day of school.

Afterwards, Mitch was ready with a book in hand and several different character voices.

“And so the princess didn’t kiss the prince, she went back home to her loving parents and ruled happily ever after,”

“Is that how it really ended, daddy?”

“Yup, it’s a modern fairy tale, love,”

“My big girl, how was school?”

“It was awesome, we had jelly for lunch and I made 10 friends!”

“10? Wow, what are their names?”

“Well, there’s Cecelia, Ru and Cecelia, Greg, Cecelia,”

“You’ve mentioned this Cecelia several times...”

Ash was tasked with telling Ru all about the dynasty.

“Things look easy because we have a house and are financially secure but it won’t always be rainbows and unicorns. Sometimes you might come across a person that you want to utterly destroy, dynasty rules says we can’t go beyond giving them what for.”

“So, if I ever see my dad I can go kick him in the—”

“That is entirely up to you. Kessy has talked to you already, hasn’t she?”

“And so the clever scientist went home to her son and they lived happily ever after,”

“Aunty Ash, that’s not the way my daddy read it,”

“It’s a magical book, dear, it changes every time you read it.”

Ru’s homework assignment involved looking into his family history. The Xians were from Shang Simla but the Le Chien’s had no record of ever being in Champs Les Sims.

Iolana had been inspired by Ashlynn’s story, she knew what she wanted to be when she grew up.

Well, it would take a lot of practise to be as good as Aunt Ash.

“And that is a pyramid,”

“See, my love, even I can tell the difference between shapes. Primary school stuff!”

The little BFFs.