Author Topic: Is it available to challenge the both fields in one career now?  (Read 5870 times)

Offline Summers

• Occult
I'm trying to let one of my sims family complete the Renaissance Sim aspiration. She has to reach the level 3 in one more career but she is on top of Painter career now. I was afraid that she might lose her all career ladder after quitting the painter career. So I decided to check before going and asked her to find a job in Culinary. She had completed Master Chef aspiration before and had reached to the 10 as a Chef. But when she opened a Culinary tab, it's shown, "Now Hiring,Mixologist" ...? I had a look what level it is in and it's level 4 in Culinary. Then is she able to challenge to the Mixologist branch as well? When has it changed? As far as I know, it's not possible to complete both branch in the same career.

Also she has 'connection' reward now. Does it mean that she has to start all the way down to the bottom level without 'connection' reward?
Very hard to be escaped from Sims.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Is it available to challenge the both fields in one career now?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 08:36:31 AM »
I'm trying to let one of my sims family complete the Renaissance Sim aspiration. She has to reach the level 3 in one more career but she is on top of Painter career now. I was afraid that she might lose her all career ladder after quitting the painter career. So I decided to check before going and asked her to find a job in Culinary. She had completed Master Chef aspiration before and had reached to the 10 as a Chef. But when she opened a Culinary tab, it's shown, "Now Hiring,Mixologist" ...? I had a look what level it is in and it's level 4 in Culinary. Then is she able to challenge to the Mixologist branch as well? When has it changed? As far as I know, it's not possible to complete both branch in the same career.

Also she has 'connection' reward now. Does it mean that she has to start all the way down to the bottom level without 'connection' reward?

Interesting. "Mixologist" is actually the 4th level of both Culinary careers. I don't know if they've changed things, as it used to be that your sim would go to the bottom level of their career (level 6 or 7 if they'd completed the branch). But maybe the Connections reward automatically sends a sim to level 4. She doesn't have to make any progress to complete the Renaissance Sim aspiration, but if you have time, it would be interesting to see whether she can choose the Mixology branch of the career. Let us know whether you succeed.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Summers

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2016, 09:52:35 AM »

Interesting. "Mixologist" is actually the 4th level of both Culinary careers. I don't know if they've changed things, as it used to be that your sim would go to the bottom level of their career (level 6 or 7 if they'd completed the branch). But maybe the Connections reward automatically sends a sim to level 4. She doesn't have to make any progress to complete the Renaissance Sim aspiration, but if you have time, it would be interesting to see whether she can choose the Mixology branch of the career. Let us know whether you succeed.

Yeah maybe I can try this. First, I can remove her connection trait by cheat, then have a look she would go back to the level 7 or 8 ..as I remember, the other sims of mine had to start from level 8 in case they get their work back after quitting on top level.  I found it in Korean language version, so I thought it might be a mistake from translation? I changed my game version to English, then I found the same happening.

She can make high quality food everyday for her kids and they will be happier if she goes back to Culinary. haha  At the moment, she takes her sons' food. :)

Offline Summers

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2016, 10:32:53 AM »
I noticed she had to start from 'assistant dishwasher' without Connection rewards. I re purchased it, and she can start from 'mixologist'. I let her quit her painter job and get it back straightaway, and she could start from 'illustrious illustrator', level 9. So I think because it has been long since she quit the culinary job and that's why she lost her all career ladder things.  I'm trying to change her aspiration to master mixologist and get the job again and see what will happen. :)

Offline Summers

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2016, 08:15:47 PM »
http://cfile24.uf.tistory.com/image/2746CA5056F876FD3526FE

wow She is allowed to get into the Mixologist Branch. Oh my...!  Now she can go for the master mixologist aspiration as well. She was the Celebrity Chef before.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2016, 10:31:42 PM »
Wow, that's interesting. So let me make sure I understand. She reached level 10 in Culinary as a chef, then switched to Painting. She got to level 9(?) in Painting. You got the Connections reward and had her take a job in Culinary, where she started at level 4. From there she was able to take the Mixology branch. I think a lot of people would be interested in learning about this. Thanks for checking it out!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Summers

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2016, 06:38:32 AM »
Wow, that's interesting. So let me make sure I understand. She reached level 10 in Culinary as a chef, then switched to Painting. She got to level 9(?) in Painting. You got the Connections reward and had her take a job in Culinary, where she started at level 4. From there she was able to take the Mixology branch. I think a lot of people would be interested in learning about this. Thanks for checking it out!

In a little more detail, sorry for my poor English that you may misunderstand my story. She had worked as a Celebrity Chef and had completed the Master Chef Aspiration long time ago. After that, she changed her work to Painter Career. She started just level 1 at Painter Career. I wondered why and noticed that she didn't have Connections reward, so I purchased while working as a painter. When she reached to the top level(Master of the Real) of painter career, I decided to have a small test.

1. I let her quit the painter career and then let her get a job for painter career again straightaway, and she was allowed to start from level 9,Illustrious Illustrator .

I canceled this interaction because it was just a small test.

2. I let her get a job at Culinary again, then she could start from 'Assistant Dishwasher' without Connection Reward.

I purchased the Connection Reward again.

3.  I let her get a job at Culinary again, then she could start from 'Mixologist' with Connection reward.

I followed the 3rd test. When she reached to the level 6, I got the pop up for choosing branches and I picked "Mixologist" Branch. Now she is going for the mixologist! I can let her husband sim goes back to Culinary career again, I'm planning to let him choose the Chef. His both cooking skills are completed so it will be very easy to get promoted. :D  If he starts from maybe level 6 or 7, then just let him stay in Business career LONGER, then maybe a couple of months later, he can try again, then he can be started from lower level at Culinary. :D He had completed Mixologist branch while she was working at the Chef branch.  This is what I found yesterday. :)   

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2016, 11:17:50 AM »
Summers, out of curiosity, are you on long life span or is aging just off in your game?

Offline Summers

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2016, 12:36:51 PM »
Summers, out of curiosity, are you on long life span or is aging just off in your game?
At first, I tuned off the aging but after a while, I turned it on to long life span.  She will be adult soon.  The aging was off while she was working for detective but I started to turn it on when she got a job in Culinary.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2016, 01:38:14 PM »
Ok, I was just curious.  I'm wondering if time frame has anything to do with it.  Would be interesting to test out.  I might have to try when I can actually sit down and play again.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2016, 07:00:32 PM »
@Summers did the first sim actually progress through the culinary career the first time to the point where she had to choose either mixology or chef?
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Summers

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2016, 07:37:16 PM »
@Summers did the first sim actually progress through the culinary career the first time to the point where she had to choose either mixology or chef?
Sorry, would you explain a little bit easier? I'm not that good at English. :) I don't understand this part,"actually progress the culinary career the first time to the point".

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2016, 07:41:33 PM »
Sorry.. I'll try that again.

Did your sim make it to level 5 and choose the Chef Branch before quitting and re-joining the mixology branch?

Offline Summers

• Occult
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2016, 05:52:00 AM »
Sorry.. I'll try that again.

Did your sim make it to level 5 and choose the Chef Branch before quitting and re-joining the mixology branch?

Oh yeah hmm.. I will explain about this. :)

A couple of month ago, she joined the culinary career. She started from level 1 there. She picked Chef branch on level 5. After that, she reached to level 10 of Celebrity Chef at restaurant, and completed Master Chef aspiration.

Then she changed her job to Painter. She started from level 1 again as a painter. After that, she reached to Master of the Real. (level 10).

I purchased "Connection" reward for her.

She went back to Culinary career and started from Level 4(Mixologist) with connection reward.
When she completed level 5, I got a pop up for choosing a branch and I was able to choose Mixology branch. :)
I'm going to change her aspiration to Master Mixology soon.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2016, 08:02:24 PM »
Thanks @Summers  I totally got what you did now.  :)

anything