Author Topic: Re: With a Twist-McCloud Kids Gotta Skill, Dec. 16  (Read 133072 times)

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
Re: With a Twist-She Said Yes! Plus another chapter April 13
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2016, 12:13:34 AM »
I'm looking forward to seeing how this all plays out. You're brave!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: With a Twist-Wedding Bells April 14
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2016, 04:33:58 PM »
There is an old saying, "Happy the bride the sun shines on".  Obviously this day was therefor going to be a very happy one.  The sun was shining down in all it's glory, yet not so much as to cause any discomfort for those out in it.  Just a blessing from above.  The air was clear as the purest crystal, and smelled of flowers and greenery newly set out as a back drop for the upcoming event.  A soft breeze ruffled the leaves on the trees, bringing a coolness to what otherwise could have been an overly warm day.  The Park Rangers had been busy for hours making sure everything was perfect for the comfort of the attendees.  Every weed had been pulled, every tree pruned and watered, every facility spotless and in place.  Even the stream running by off to the side was singing a song of joy.

At just the right time the guests began to arrive, oohing and aahing over how lovely everything was.  They milled around a bit, chatting happily with one another.  Even those who usually were bad tempered or grumpy had a big smile on their face.  Anticipation was like a sparkling champagne, filling everyone's heart with joy.  Then the bride and groom arrived.  He, so handsome in his tuxedo.  She radiant in traditional white.  So obviously meant for each other, they walked to the wedding arch.  The guests moved in and seated themselves.

"Are you ready to do this, Dina my love?"

"More than ready, Kieran.  I think I've waited for you my entire life.  Now I'll get to spend the rest of my years with you.  I couldn't be any happier than I am right now."

Soon, with a "With this ring, I thee wed", all the vows were said.  The heartwarming promises made.  It was done.

I present to you, Mr. and Mrs. Dina and Kieran McCloud.

"Whoo hoo!!!  They did it!  Time to PARTAY!"  I was beginning to think my boy would never do it.  I wonder if they saved a seat for me?  Watchers always miss out.

"This cake looks wonderful, Mrs. McCloud.  Did you bake it yourself?"

"I most certainly did, Mr. McCloud, and just in time too.  That supid caterer we hired made some mac and cheese and then went off to find the bar!  We'd never get gold without it."

Hey lady!!! Move outta the way!  I gotta take a picture of them eating the cake!  Go on, move it!  Some people.......

(giggles)

"Leave it to your Mom to always getting in the act.  Pretty good cake, hon.  Glad I married a cook."

"Goof!  You're a cook too!"

"Um, oh.....yeah.  Boy are we in trouble.  Two cooks in the kitchen."

"No problem.  You do the chef thing and I'll do the bar tending thing and it will all work out.  Right?"

"Right.  Can I have more cake?"

The DJ, who just happened to be their roommate as well, was really rockin' the joint.  Everyone was having a great time.  Food was good, drinks were flowing steadily, dancing happened.  Definitely a gold medal wedding. 

As for later on that night.......well.....let's leave them to their privacy.

****************************************************************************************************

I know this was really short but I didn't want to overwhelm with wedding stuff.  The next will be a bit longer plus a look at their house.  Be right back with the shots!

What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2016, 05:05:19 PM »
That was a beautiful wedding. Trust Katrina to get in the way of a perfect screenshot lol. I'm so excited to see what the house and decorating will be like. I loved seeing Don in the background and his son ^^
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2016, 05:18:55 PM »
Wow, Dina really is gorgeous with a little makeover!  I hadn't seen it in her.  I love the way Kieran talks to her and tries to give her whatever she wants!  Very sweet.  And of course I loved seeing Don and his kid.  It was a lovely wedding, for a moment I thought you'd fenced them in with their wedding arch!  Look at Don and Katrina positioned!  Best man and Maid of Honor?
Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: With a Twist-House Tour April 14
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2016, 05:27:19 PM »
Sometimes you, my faithful readers, are posting as I am adding chapters so I don't always catch your comments right away.  If I missed some, I apologize and thank you from my heart for reading and commenting. 

***********************************************************************************************
The wedding bash had lasted well into the night, leaving our couple completely exhausted, both from the exhilaration of the wedding itself plus too much food, drink and dancing.  They just fell into bed together and went to sleep.  The next morning, waking up..................

"I love you Dina"

"I love you Kieran."

"Shall we?"

"Oh, yes.  Let's."

WHOOO HOOO!

"Watcher!!  Privacy please!"

Next time love bugs.  This one is for posterity and a screenie.  Just like royalty of old.

Does this mean what I think it means?

"Yes, Watcher, now GET OUT!"

"Yay!  Pregnant!  Wait till I tell Kieran!"

"Kieran!  We're pregnant!!!  ooops.  Time to show the house?"

"Yep.  What did you say?"

"Later.  Let's start the tour."

This is our house.  It is not very imaginative.  Just a sort of traditional design.  Neat but not spectacular.

Right now our garden is very small, but with the help of our gardener, Venkat, it will get larger and grow abundantly.  Obviously we have much to do.

An overview of the first floor.

And the second floor:

Our kitchen/dining area.  Ooops!  Forgot to sweep the floor! (embarrassed)

Focus Room:

Inspired Room:

Child's Room:

Foyer/Reception area:

Of course, the house will definitely grow and change as our jobs, parties and finds improve it.

Thanks for joining our tour.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2016, 05:35:12 PM »
@wfgodot:  I DID fence them in!  lol.  It's the only way to get decent shots without the guests photobombing.  Yeah, Dina really does clean up pretty nicely doesn't she?  Even without make up, it's mostly the hair do.  Change that and you've got a whole new Dina.

@Nettlejuice :  Don did that with his two sons just by himself, so I took advantage of the photo op.  He really does make a good dad.

Thank you each and everyone for the kind comments and reading.  I'm having a lot of fun with this one so it makes me happy to see you enjoying it.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Re: With a Twist-Wedding Bells and House Tour April 14
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2016, 06:04:51 PM »
As expected the house is looking so lovely and you've already unlocked so much. Do you also have a gardener named Venkat? I guess game generated names are so repetitive lol.

The heir is on the way, can't wait to meet her/him/them  ;)
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2016, 08:18:14 PM »
Lol, I also had a moment of confusion when Joria mentioned a gardener named Venkat....Did Kessy fire him?

There might be some kind of cosmic, karmic interlinking between towel proposals and gardeners named Venkat.

On a serious note, Joria you did a wonderful makeover of Dina!  She looks gorgeous in your story.
After Maalike and Dina, all the pre-made female sims will be clamoring to become your Watched sims!   ;D

A lovely wedding as always.
And your house is already so large!

You are ramping up the difficulty of an IDC by combining it with a No Buy Mode Project.
Did you find the No Buy Mode game didn't offer enough structure? Just wondering. 

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2016, 08:53:22 PM »
@Nettlejuice:  Yes, I have Venkat Eastman as a gardener.  He's actually pretty good looking although on the pudgy tummy side.  Unfortunately, he has the gloomy trait and keeping him from always being sad is quite the chore.  He also is dastardly which I'm not fond of.  On the other hand he also has a way with the ladies so is pollinator number 3.  He is also going to be my writer.  Gotta keep him busy!

I know you're wondering about the pollinator number 3 remark.  Obviously, pollinator number 1 is Don, although in this game he is having a really hard time being successful compared to some of my other games.  He has a job as an athlete for now but once we get that treadmill it's adios to that job and hello to painter career which he is already working on maxing painting.

Pollinator number 2 is Austin Naylor.  Kieran met and befriended him to good friend status on his first day at camp.  However, I could not get "Move In" to come up while at camp, so figured I'd wasted my time.  But when he got back to Willow Brook, there was Austin hanging out in the park.  A quick hug and a hello and he moved in.  Austin is my fisherman, and being fairly attractive, in a quiet, romantic way, he is pollinator number 2.  So far lots of romance but no success with whoo hoo.  I think I have to get him Don's crazy outfit!  He has slimmed down quite a bit but needs some muscle so the entire crew spends quite a bit of time at one gym or another.  He is my scientist and has already obtained the Sim Ray.  Next, the cloning machine for endless jars of mood potions.  (Too bad it's illegal to use it for Potion of Youth!)

Thank you Oshizu.  Dina had all the basics already and even without make up is quite pretty once you change her hair style.  It's the hair that makes her look so dowdy.

No, the No Buy game was and is a challenge in itself and I fully intend to go back to it and work on it some more.  I've been involved in a TS3 building challenge, so except for this ID, have had to put some things on the back burner.  Now I'm catching this story up to the point where I have no more screen shots and can then pick up on my RD and No Buy.  I decided to add the No Buy to this ID because I quickly get burned out on ID play.  You know how that can be!  As for structure for the No Buy, well, my rules were easier ones but you can structure it however you want just by changing your own rules.  I love playing Laurent and Ima so eventually they will become an unofficial-sort-of ID as I continue to play them.  They are such a sweet couple.  Since they are on no aging and long lifespan I can play them for years.  lol

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2016, 09:39:27 PM »
Lovely house Joria! I had to remember that you're doing no buy mode which is saying something because the house is spectacular!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2016, 04:25:38 PM »
I was just about to type exactly what wolfie had! I agree, I love your builds but the fact that you have the no buy mode restriction just adds to the sense of awe! Gorgeous wedding, so romantic with your brilliant scene setting.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: With a Twist-Gym-nastics April 15
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2016, 08:09:22 PM »
Thank you, ladies.  Remember, there are no restrictions as far as build mode goes.  So you can actually do a lot with the items available there, repurpose them to fit your needs, and with being able to buy items at the kiosk in Granite Falls means you really don't have to do without that much.  Plus, once you have your Sim get Connections, you can wind up with a bed, kitchen counters, a desk and computer and chair, and so much more.  So if you have the cash, which you get from folks moving in AND Connections, you can build whatever kind of fab house you want.  It just seems hard because we are so spoiled with buy mode.  I admit, I miss being able to buy all the goodies I love but a decent house is doable.  Try it, I'll bet you come up with even more ways to acquire goodies.
******************************************************************************************

Ahhhh, the tangy aroma of sweaty socks and sweaty bodies!  The must and musk of an interior too closed in to be totally healthy, all blended with the zest of the chlorine from the pool.  What could be better than another day at the gym?  Our olfactory glands either shut down entirely or revel in the funk.  For our intrepid Dynastics, it's just another club meeting and another day to skill, socialize and get healthy.

"Don't look now Kieran but isn't that Grim coming this way?  No.  Don't look.  Yep, it's Grim.  All well with you?"

"Oh sure.  Grim and I are old buddies.  Hey, Grimmie!  How's it goin'?"

"Hey, yourself Kieran.  Say, you're not flirting with the local hottie are you?  I don't have to have a talk with Dina, now do I?"

"Heh, heh, heh.  Funny guy.  No, I was just telling Maalke here about our boy Venkat and how he's been checkin' her out.  Seems like he wants to hook up with her but too shy to speak up."

"What is it with newly wed guys always playing match maker?  Just step back and let nature take it's course.  Although, I must say, he really is a catch Maalke."

A few minutes later........

"Errrr, hello.  Uh, my name is Venkat.  New here.  Saw you working out.  Pretty cool."

"Hello.  Maalke's the name.  Yeah?  You saw me?  I've kind of been seeing you too.  Well, gotta go.  Later maybe?"

"Uh, yeah.  Later."

Grim sotto voce:  Maybe nature isn't so smart after all....21, 22, 23.........

***************************************************************************************************

"Dina, honey.....I don't want you to take this the wrong way.....but are you sure you've been working out to your maximum limit?  You seem to......er.....put on a tiny bit of weight.   Just sayin'."

"Kieran, you idiot!  I'm pregnant remember?  Of course I'm putting on weight."

"Well, gee hon.  You could'a told me you know."

"Erm, maybe I should give you two a minute?  Go find Eliza?"

"No, it's ok Bob.  He can't help it.  I tried to tell him but we got busy with the house tour and I don't think he heard."

"Hey, man!  Congrats!  Liz and I never did have any kids.  Guess we're just too busy, plus, not being a Watched Sim kind of holds us back."

"So we're really preggers?  Really hon? "

"Yes, Kieran, really, really preggers."

"Would you like to feel my tummy?  He might kick and say hello.  Or she.  Or both."

"Both?"

"Well, you never know.  I think it's a girl.  I really want it to be a girl for the first one."

"FIRST one? (uh, oh, I'm in trouble)"

"Just come say hello, you silly man."

"Hey there, tummy bump.  So how are things with you?  Bein' good for your Mommy?  HE KICKED!  This is wonderful, Dina.  I'm so over the moon right now."

"So, you up for a bit of fishing?  I thought I'd check out that story about a tree that takes you to a really cool place."

"You go ahead.  I've got to visit the loo again.  Even rallying the troops doesn't help that much with this.  Not when you're pregnant."

A little later we find our hero poking his nose where it probably shouldn't be.  Who knows what might be in there?  Pretty creepy that a tree just splits open like that.

"Whoa, Tree.  This is way cool.  I mean, I love your leaves and roots and all but this is far out.  Who knew you could do this?  Mind if I step in?"

With a groaning, creaking voice, the tree opened even wider.  After following a creek down stream, Kieran stood in awe in the midst of a sparkling, pink tinged glade.  Fairy lights were everywhere and the most beautiful flowers scented the air with a heavenly perfume.  Turning around and around he saw plants just beginning to emerge from the soil, and the most wondrous, rainbow blessed waterfall he'd ever seen.  It was a heady experience, exhilarating, yet peacefully tranquil at the same time.

"Dina's gonna love it here.  It's so.....so.....pink."

Contacting his available friends, Kieran and the gang lost no time at all tossing a line into that welcoming pond.  He just knew there would be fish in there he'd never caught before.  What a great place for everyone to level up a bit in their fishing skill!  Even if there weren't any angel fish, it was still a great place to be.

Reluctantly the gang had to leave.  It was time for Dina to go off to work and Don would soon have to follow.  The three guys, Don, Kieran and Austin, headed toward the Community Garden for a quick check in with the glow fruit lady.  Kieran passed off the 20 fruit he had gathered.

"So, if you bring me more all of them perfect, I'll have something even nicer for you.  Ok?"

"Ok, but no guarantees ours will be at that stage in time.  We'll give it a shot though, and thanks for the fertilizer.  That's sure to help."

Much later that night, it seemed romance was once again in the air.  Dina and Kieran had already gone home but back at the gym Austin was trying his hand at his second job.

"Ok, so here's my number."

"Thanks.  Uh, so you're single, right?  You know I find you very attractive."

"Mmhmm.  Attractive.  Yeah.  Well, you too big guy.  You do know I'm a trainer here, right?  Maybe we could get together and work out some?"

"I really had something else in mind.  Like this..........."

Alas and alack that was going to be as far as Austin got that night.  Maybe it was his technique, (or lack thereof), or maybe it was just because the tent was currently "busy".

Yes, our boy Don was at it again.  For someone with serious commitment issues he still was able to woo and win the ladies.  Maybe it was the lure of the challenge, trying to snag him and get him to walk down the aisle.  Maybe it was HIS technique.
Once again, he reigned successful. Either that was the fastest bout of morning sickness ever, or Yuki was realizing what a huge mistake she had made. 

Our baffled boy walked off, ready to try his skill with yet one more maiden before the night was done, while poor Yuki walked off disconsonantly to find her sister to tell her the news.  And she was such a sweet young thing too.  Life was going to be dramatically different for her now.

"Another strawberry hon?"

"Shut up and read your book.  I swear, I'm never doing this again."

As night draws to a close, so does our story.  At least for now.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2016, 08:23:00 PM »
LOL!  Oh man, I about died when Kieran told her she was gaining a bit of weight XD All I could think was, "Oh you silly, foolish man-Sim" XD  And then I almost fell off the couch laughing at Don in his outfit.  I love the irony of that being the flirty outfit.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2016, 08:25:39 PM »
Kieran forgetting Dina was expecting!! lol As for Yuki... well, how could Don? I feel quite protective of Yuki and Candy now!  ;)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2016, 08:45:47 PM »
Hahaha, I lol'ed at that comment by @Playalot about feeling protective.  All the different stories intersecting is really fun to read, though two gardeners/pollinators named Venkat are a little hard on my fragile memory.
About Venkat and Maalike, is Venkat really shy or just reluctant? Or is he not a part-time pollinator?
Lol, your sims prefer the gym as a hook-up spot than any of the clubs.  (Because of its nice kitchen? hehe)
Austin's a cutie.

Kieran and Dina's daughter is going to be so lovely!

P.S. Jasmine only needs one perfect growfruit for Planter #2.

anything