Author Topic: Building Shells - To be Furnished  (Read 311352 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Building Shells - To be Furnished
« on: April 03, 2011, 11:50:12 AM »
I often end up with loads of Empty Building Shells where I have done all the Building but have just either lost interest, inspiration or given up on and never got around to furnishing. So when WickedSimmer87 PMed about making a thread to share these Empty Shells so others could furnish them, that prefer decorating to building from scratch could have the Empty Shells and upload or share their ideas to help the original builder out with their own or replacing the version they have. So the credit goes to WickedSimmer87 for coming up with the Idea.

Summer Palace (Shell Number 1) - From Hannah Longing - The Vampiress

It's called Summer Palace because of the Garden and the theme which I was aiming for, A Summer House. I don't know how well that worked out but oh well.  ;)

This House is a bit awkward and really stands out, it has taken me a while to build it and I built it a few months back but up to now only have the bottom floor furnished on my game, I have gutted this version though to make it easier. You can do whatever you want to this Shell, change it's colour, interior, expand a little bit if you need etc. . I wouldn't really expand into the raised Garden at the back though because it's small as it is. The Landscaping isn't done either which will make it easier if anyone is changing the overall theme of the Building. The Greener Grass is actually above the Ground Floor, it has been raised and that is why there is a Wall/Foundation all around it, there are two doors from the First Floor leading out and a Staircase at the Back. I added some Borders and Terrain Paint to give some ideas of layout. The Roof could be built on more but it was only really built for Three Bedrooms. Living areas were designed for the Ground Floor but you could switch them over if you want.

Contains Content from Ambitions

Front:-

Back:-

Ground Floor:-

Second Floor:-

The Roof/Terrace:-

Anyone else can upload their empty shells as well!

Note:- Any uploads should probably be done in here due to the Building being done by another Member, we also don't want several copies of the same building even with different insides in the Swap Shop.

Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
Re: Building Shells - To be Furnished
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 12:17:14 PM »
That's actually a very interesting idea!  There are a lot of people who feel their building skills are lacking, who might appreciate getting unfurnished and undecorated houses that they can fill up themselves.

I'm going to keep an eye on this thread to see how popular it is (not just downloads, but if people decide to share other shells).
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline WickedSimmer87

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 12:20:37 PM »
Well did actually ask not to get credit for the idea though *grrr* Samoht hehe

Well atleast i got the white house that i was sighing for ! Going to decorate it to fit for a king :D Well a vampire king that is ;)

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 12:32:45 PM »
Well did actually ask not to get credit for the idea though *grrr* Samoht hehe

Lol, It wasn't my idea I am just posting it so you should get the credit really.  ;D

Well atleast i got the white house that i was sighing for ! Going to decorate it to fit for a king :D Well a vampire king that is ;)

I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Offline KrispyNickyB

• Immortal
  • The round peg in a square hole.
    • Subscribe to me on Youtube!
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 10:36:00 AM »
See I am lacking in building design skills. I get bored quickly. However I can spend hours decorating and arranging furniture. If you dont' mind I will take a crack at filling the palace. :)

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 11:54:50 AM »
Ofcourse I don't mind! I think it will be really interesting to see what different people do to the same house.  ;)

Offline Jancy

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 01:08:54 PM »
I'd like to give this a try also!
Now to tear myself away from Medieval to do some decorating.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

CandyHeartedSim

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 04:44:23 PM »
Too be honest, I'm really bad at both! When I build a house, it always looks awkward and I build

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2011, 05:59:26 AM »
Too be honest, I'm really bad at both! When I build a house, it always looks awkward and I build

As they say, practice makes perfect!  :)

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2011, 04:34:27 PM »
New House!

---Modern Wooded Jigsaw
Price:- §164,159 - Furnished and §133,687
Lot Built On:- 74 Landgraab Avenue, Sunset Valley.
Lot Size:- 30x40
Content:- World Adventures, Late Night and Ambitions/
Details:- This modern home fits together like a Jigsaw, it slots together, although a jagged mess on the outside it has smooth airy rooms on the inside, it features it's own pool and has a spare Attic for any Guests or Butlers. The House is secluded and the only entrance to the property is through the front door. The House has yet to be furnished but already has an Outdoor Lighting System installed, the Landscaping has also been done by the Contractors they have also added a few decorative touches around the outside of the Building.

Front - Day:

Back - Day:

Top Floor (Attic):

Second Floor:

First Floor and Ground Floor (Sunken Room in Middle under the Stairs):

Front - Night:

Whole Gallery.

Although this has a Furnished Price that will include the Lights and some Secrets in the Landscaping.

CandyHeartedSim

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2011, 06:57:45 AM »
Wow! I Need Ambitions and late night, just so I Can download that  :D

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2011, 11:19:22 PM »
That house is utterly...EPIC. 

I hate that word due to it's current overuse.  But it's the only word in the English language that I can come up with to describe it.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2011, 11:13:12 AM »
This is a house shell I built as a request for Seabody based on a floorplan he provided.

It is set on a 60x60 lot and it contains base game and LN (2 fireplaces) content only.  No store items were used.

Unfurnished price is approx. $80,000.  

Front

Side

Back

Ground Floor

First Floor

Offline ZapKid

• Electronic Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • I'm doing an internet! Woooahhh!
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2011, 11:25:35 AM »
New House!

---Modern Wooded Jigsaw
Price:- §164,159 - Furnished and §133,687
Lot Built On:- 74 Landgraab Avenue, Sunset Valley.
Lot Size:- 30x40
Content:- World Adventures, Late Night and Ambitions/
Details:- This modern home fits together like a Jigsaw, it slots together, although a jagged mess on the outside it has smooth airy rooms on the inside, it features it's own pool and has a spare Attic for any Guests or Butlers. The House is secluded and the only entrance to the property is through the front door. The House has yet to be furnished but already has an Outdoor Lighting System installed, the Landscaping has also been done by the Contractors they have also added a few decorative touches around the outside of the Building.

Although this has a Furnished Price that will include the Lights and some Secrets in the Landscaping.

Did YOU build that home, Samoht?!? If you did, I should be taking modern home lessons from YOU  ;D Great, great, great work, you an be sure as heck that I'll be downloading and furnishing!
Find my builds here. | Last Created; Cubeached
Also, feel free to request a home by PMing me! Always happy to help.

Hey guys I'm taking an extended hiatus... again. I'm out of ideas to build houses and I don't have as much fun designing homes like I used to; it feels more like a chore. So that's where I'll be, I will probably be back sometime. :P

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2011, 11:28:32 AM »
Umm, yeah. Thanks!  ;D I can build but I just lack the patience and often end with unfinished stuff I never share or show. I look forward to seeing what you do with it.  :)