Author Topic: Mission Highly Unlikely: Mission Complete  (Read 156282 times)

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
Re: Mission Highly Unlikely: 38. Mother and Daughter
« Reply #495 on: November 23, 2012, 08:34:00 AM »
I was kind of hoping she'd be turned into a toddler and raised to be good lol but I definitely love your idea more Schip!!! Beautifully written as always!!!

*whispers* Team Leander!!!  ;D
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #496 on: November 23, 2012, 04:05:07 PM »
Holly rocks. Period. :) Excellent update!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #497 on: November 24, 2012, 11:01:12 AM »
And I think you should do a SWAP on Nameless, not because he has bad traits but because he has grown into new traits. Maybe leave one or two of his old "bad" traits and select one new one like brave?
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #498 on: November 24, 2012, 11:33:57 AM »
Thanks very much to everyone who has commented on Nameless' possible SWAP treatment.  A lot of very insightful points have been made - too many for me to quote them all - and you've definitely helped me decide what to do.  I hope you'll agree with what Nameless (and I) have decided, coming up in a few updates.  I'm just gathering screenshots for the next update and hope to have it up later today.

I have to say, a big part of what has made this story fun for me has been reading the comments.  You guys never cease to impress me!  Thanks again for your contributions.  :D  You're the greatest!

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #499 on: November 24, 2012, 11:49:52 AM »
I know I'm the greatest, thank you for confirming it.
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Mission Highly Unlikely: 39. Cleaning Up
« Reply #500 on: November 24, 2012, 12:52:08 PM »
Cleaning Up

Diary Entry

Vita's evil accomplices had all been banished, and Vita herself had been stripped of her power.  Holly reported that Vita was trying to learn gardening, having read somewhere that it might help her in some way:
If Vita takes up Gardening, Fishing, and Cooking, she may yet find the recipe for a come back.

But she was handicapped by being able to harvest only one plant at a time, so we weren't too worried about her trying to stage a comeback anytime soon.

Now that the evil leaders had been taken down, the cleanup of Sundown Town could take place openly and it went very quickly.

We rebuilt the Library and Art Gallery to the original plans, and the Good Sims who had been banished began returning.  Mary set up a sculpting station in front of the Gallery, offering the returning Sims an opportunity to be immortalized in her non-melting ice (yes, she did manage to perfect that technique, although it remains a mystery to me).  First to take advantage of Mary's offer was Dorie Hart, mother of Bebe, Holly's friend.

When I asked Mary about those little vials she had given us to help take down the evil ones, I learned that creating these potions was one of the things Mary had been up to in the basement.  I listened in amazement as she told me, "One of the potions I've created will change a Sim's traits to their opposites.  This means that Evil Sims can be converted into Good Sims!"  She told me that she had already tried one on Jack the Knife some time ago, and that Jack had secretly been a good Sim for quite a while now.*

Mary gave me a supply of her Opposite Personality Potions, and we set out to convert the town.  Mary visited the home of the Warrior Gang and gave each of them a dose of Opposite Personality.

Vita's spies weren't bad fellows at all after their conversion.

For Goodwin's sake, his roommate was high on the list of Sims to be converted.  I was sure Goodwin's home life would be much more pleasant with a Good roommate.

While we were at it, Mary found time to cure those poor Sims who had been infected by the diseases of Zombieism and Vampirism.  First Hank Goddard, who was very grateful.

Then Jamie Jolina:

I don't know about anyone else, but I felt very relieved to know that next time I went to the doctor, I wouldn't have to worry about her wanting to snack on my blood.

The gambling machines were all removed from Central Park and the park was restored to its former beauty.  I stopped by one afternoon to look at the park and found several returned residents visiting in the park.  Justine Keaton was pleased to be able to return to Sunset Valley for the birth of her child.

Another Good resident, Leighton Sekemoto, was enjoying a picnic lunch with his mother.

As Leighton and his mother ate their lunch, who was looking after Leighton's little son?  None other than Jack the Knife:

We decided to keep the golden room under the meeting place and open it as a museum.  It would serve as a reminder to future generations of the greed and evil that had once controlled Sunset Valley.  Tourists came from everywhere to view the museum.

Diary Entry Ends

*Remember that picture of Mary in Jack's bedroom?  That's what she was doing.  I think the reason they went to the bedroom was because there wasn't room in the living room for her to throw the potion.  Yes, there really was a totally innocent explanation for Mary being in Jackie's bedroom.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
  • Call me Sadie :)
« Reply #501 on: November 24, 2012, 12:54:50 PM »
Yay! Sunset Valley is going back to it's former glory. I now have another suspicion of who Nameless is!  :-X

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #502 on: November 24, 2012, 12:57:16 PM »
Noooo! Evil has been vanquished in Sunset Valley!

Vita, you must visit William. He will aid in your return to power!
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #503 on: November 24, 2012, 01:38:10 PM »
I'm glad Sunset Valley's being turned back around! I'm still fairly confident in my guess as to the identity of Nameless, but I can't wait to find out!  ;D

Offline ArtisticFantasy

• Soon-to-be Writer
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #504 on: November 24, 2012, 01:46:41 PM »
I can't even guess on who Nameless is!!  :-[ Anyway, I'm happy about Sunset Valley being restored, and it's nice that all the evil ones can become good. Nice touch!

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #505 on: November 24, 2012, 02:10:46 PM »
I have no guesses either, but it is wonderful to see Sundown Town become beautiful Sunset Valley again!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #506 on: November 24, 2012, 02:21:06 PM »
I'm glad Sunset Valley's being turned back around! I'm still fairly confident in my guess as to the identity of Nameless, but I can't wait to find out!  ;D

Indeed...I look forward to seeing that final reveal. I am fairly sure who Nameless really is, but given all of the unexpected twists and turns in your tale I could still be wrong. :P

Ahh, Sunset Valley. So nice to have you back!

Offline Blayzen

• I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! =P
  • Townie
  • Just Believe.....
« Reply #507 on: November 24, 2012, 11:34:53 PM »
I had been thinking that one of the villains would end up being turned into a gold statue, just like what they've done to everything else.

Wow, Audren. We really do spend too much time together because that was exactly what I thought would happen too! I was convinced it would happen to Vita because she was the ring-leader but once again, a wiser story-teller than I, handled things perfectly! I am so excited to see Sunset Valley return to its former glory!! BOOKS! ART! MUSIC! Oh My!!  ;D
Tenshin - A Bachelorette Bromance =)

Louise56

« Reply #508 on: November 25, 2012, 05:38:18 AM »
I'm very glad Sunset Valley is restored again! I really can't wait to find out who Nameless is. ;D

Offline Odinsdottir

• Spline Reticulator
  • Occult
  • Artistic, Natural Cook, Cat Person, Insane, Flirty
« Reply #509 on: November 25, 2012, 05:47:50 AM »
Oh, I'm so pleased.  We knew Mary wasn't the type to fool around.  Now, to see what happens to Nameless next!
x, EAOdinsdottir.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein