Author Topic: Wrangler in Space: The Wrangler Immortal Dynasty, Take 2  (Read 5944 times)

Offline Sarabi

• Townie
Re: Wrangler in Space: The Wrangler Immortal Dynasty, Take 2
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 02:30:55 PM »
Founder: Adam
Traits: Neat, Friendly, Green Thumb, Loves the Outdoors, Brave
LTW: The Perfect Garden
Career: Self-employed Gardener
Skill: Gardening
Building: The Crumplebottom Cafe (originally Hogan's Deep Fried Diner)
Property: Stoney Falls
Unique LTRs: Super Green Thumb, Food Replicator, Professional Slacker
Best Friends: Wife Agnes, Malcolm Landgraab, Christopher Steel, Holly Alto, Nephew Mortimer Goth, Abraham Finkel
BlackOps: Uncommonly Good, Outstandingly Rare, The Omnificent Plant, The Fruit of Life, Perfect Produce, Outstanding Tasting Ingredients

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sarabi

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 02:38:57 PM »
Premise:  Wrangler in Space

A long time ago on a planet far, far away... a small pod containing the life essence of a single being from a highly evolved race was launched, and hurtling toward Planet Sims III.   While in transit, the energy life form contained therein received messages from an authoritative yet compassionate voice.

Watcher:  Adam.  That is how you shall be known.

Adam: Okey-doke.  What is it you want me to do?

Watcher: Investigate.  Explore.  Experience.  Adapt.

Adam: Come again?

Watcher: As you know, your species is highly advanced in many ways, yet you seem to have lost a certain sense of community or empathy that is abundantly present on Planet Sims III.  You have a unique opportunity to live among them, as one of them, and glean information for your species that could not be accessed in any other way.

Adam: Uh, yeah, if you say so.  So I'll live there for a few bleems, maintain a timeline, and send a few log entries back to Galactic Command.  Got'cha.

Watcher: Yes – and no.  I want your timelines and regular logs, but you need to be there for a very long time, and raise seven generations of descendants.

Adam: Seven generations!

Watcher:  You will live long and prosper.

Adam: How am I supposed to do this?

Watcher: Trust yourself and the support you will have there.  Adam, I see your pod is nearing its destination, and we still need to download data about the world you will soon inhabit.  Good luck – we are counting on you.

… and with that, the connection was broken.  “Why me?” Adam moaned to himself, but was immediately inundated with vast knowledge of Simkind – their history, culture, values, belief systems, technology, mating rituals, traits, and habits.  While he found some of it fascinating (and some downright distasteful), he had precious little time to ponder or process it.  As his pod streaked through the atmosphere of Planet Sims III, his energy form transmuted into a Young Adult Sim body, and was beamed directly to a place called 15 Summerhill Court of Sunset Valley.

And so it begins... this odyssey of oddity that is the Wrangler Immortal Dynasty.

Offline Sarabi

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 03:04:22 PM »
1.  Adam Arrives

Adam spent his first moments on Planet Sims III in a state of shock as his life force essence adapted to the strange sensations – physical as well as emotional – inherent in the new Sim body he occupied.

As the fog started to clear and specific thoughts came into focus, he was stricken by an overwhelming sense of deja vu – he knew he had been here before, and started to recall some of the specific events of his previous visit to this strange place called Planet Sims III.  And he knew exactly what he must do.

Meanwhile, across town, another inhabitant of Sunset Valley experienced the same sense of deja vu all over again...

“Oh, goody!”  Agnes Crumplebottom muttered under her breath.  “Another dynasty player comes along to glom onto my wealth and enslave me in service to whatever it is they want from me.”  Regardless, she had little choice but to  abandon her plans for the day and wait, motionless, until he arrived.

A friendly sort, Adam introduced himself and marveled at her lovely home, considering that he was the proud owner of an empty lot.  Agnes seemed to know what Adam needed from her, and she gazed past him to admire her Bwan Speedster for what she expected might be one of the last times.

They became friends, speaking of many things, including a new movie about a space cowboy that Agnes had seen, titled “Wrangler in Space.”  Adam recognized that persona, and adopted Wrangler as his surname.  He also found himself constantly wanting to shift the conversation to gardening, which could mean only one thing – his Sim self was that of a Green Thumb, and his role in all of this was to establish a garden.

Although he enjoyed visiting with Agnes, he had other things to accomplish, and went to the local library to commence his study of gardening on Planet Sims III.

After a long, busy, yet oddly fulfilling day,  Adam made this entry on his logging device

Starlog W1D1:
Arrived in 35-day-old Sim body.  Bizarre place, strange sensations.  Became friends with an Agnes Crumplebottom (really!), and I feel really strange when she's around.  Sort of... weak and fluttery, like I've swallowed butterflies.  She seems to have some strange power over me.   Also learned gardening, planted some common varieties of native plants.  No seeds to collect here, maybe something will spawn overnight, will try tomorrow.  Tired now.

...transmission complete

He activated the transmission control on his logging unit to send the report to the Galactic Command Center.  Finding an empty bed at the local firestation, he fell into deep slumber, dreaming about his new life here on Planet Sims III and what may lie ahead.

Offline Sarabi

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 03:17:14 PM »
2.  Moving In

Adam's second day on Planet Sims III was quite eventful.  I could describe it in great gory detail, but I think I'll step aside and let him tell you all about it via the following entry he wrote on his logging device.

Starlog W1D2:
Where do I even begin?  I think I agreed to marry this Agnes Crumplebottom, who, by the way, is now my roommate.  I called to ask her to meet me at the Library, and ended up asking her to move in.  Move into what?  So she drove over to my big mostly empty lot while I stayed at the Library and read about Odor Free Fertilizer.  It got late, I got tired and wanted to go to the firestation to sleep, but I figured I'd better go look for Agnes.  The taxi pulled up in front of a house – a big house, with a wraparound deck – and I told him it was the wrong place, because 15 Summerhill Court is an empty lot.  He booted me out of the cab and drove off, but then I saw Agnes standing on the deck, painting something on an easel.

I don't know exactly what happened next, but I remember saying something to Agnes about the house, and she sort of shrugged and said, “It's fine.  It has everything we need.  I found an easel, but no sculpting station yet.”

“Well, yes,” I said, “but how did it get here?”

I guess I was still gawking around in disbelief, and then I saw a car parked there, in front of my house.  My house?  Our house?  The house.  The one that wasn't there a few hours ago.  A cute little Wornado Triage registered to me.  I was pretty excited to have my own nice little car, and said so to Agnes.  She rolled her eyes, and I think I actually saw her bite her tongue.

Now about Agnes – did I tell you she is the most exquisite creature in the known universe?  Being with her, watching her graceful movements, it makes me feel tingly inside.  It's like she's the only other Sim in the world.  I guess I'm glad she moved in, so I can spend more time with her.

Meanwhile, Agnes finished her painting, at least I think it was finished.  I'm not always sure, but I go along with it.  Then she said she was ready to do my portrait, but we might want to wait until morning for better lighting.  “Portrait?”  I said.  “Of me?”

“You are doing a dynasty, aren't you?”  she said.  She must have seen that I had no idea what she was on about, so she continued, “Seven generations of descendants?”  I must have nodded in the affirmative, because then she said, “We don't need to do it right away, but we'll need to finish a portrait of you in the next 15 days or so.  It's in the rules.”

So many questions were tumbling around in my mind, I could not find the words to articulate any of them.  She told me it's okay, she knows the ropes, and is happy to help me start this dynasty.  She said that even though she doesn't yet know exactly what I will want from her, whatever it is will make her life much more interesting than it would have been if I had not included her in my plans.  (My plans... as if.)

She took my hand, stepped toward me, looked lovingly into my eyes and said, “So, Adam.  What are your intentions toward me?  Let's find out – right now.”  Then she knelt on the deck and asked me if I wanted to marry her!

What could I say?  She took me by complete surprise!   And now I'm worried about whether I'll be called “Crumplebottom” for the rest of my life.  You wouldn't believe what it means in Simlish.

I guess it's okay, though.  After I agreed, she took me inside to indoctrinate me in this – this mating ritual they do here.  It still seems really distasteful when I think about it, but she seems to like it, and I think I'll get used to it.

Oh, and I found some seeds today, mostly mysterious.  I've no idea what they are, but if any of them turn out to be carnivorous, well I hope it isn't Sim flesh they're after.  Sometimes I still have nightmares about the vegetation on Prxweexz BIV.  I planted the ones I could, maybe I can plant the others later.  I'll keep trying.  The ones I've planted are germinating and starting to sprout.

Still don't how the house, furnishings, and car came about.  Will continue to research.

Attaching images.

... transmission complete.

Offline Sarabi

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 03:32:33 PM »
3.  An Interview with Agnes

Over the next few days, Adam and Agnes tirelessly went about their chores, making great progress in their assigned tasks.  Adam approached the soil and toil of gardening with great gusto, being constantly rewarded as an outdoor-lover at one with nature.  Agnes, on the other hand, seemed a bit confused and frustrated about her path.  She seemed to have a lot on her mind, and needed to chat about it.  The gist of the conversation follows.

Agnes:  Where are the sculpting stations?  I haven't found any in this place.  Unless... they're in the basement!  These dynasty homes always have inaccessible basements.

Watcher: No, no sculpting, at least not now.  We're going to keep this simple with portraits only.

Agnes:  But the museum value will be... pretty inconsequential in the overall scheme of things.

Watcher:  Yes, but that's okay.  Maybe we'll try to optimize museum value another time.  For now, let's just try to get through the whole thing successfully.

Agnes: I see.  Was I right about the secret basement?

Watcher: Yes.  It will house museum pieces as they are created, and some other things we aren't using at this time.

Agnes:  Why am I the only other person living here?  Most dynasty founders move in additional Sims to support the founder in building the dynasty.

Watcher: Each dynasty attempt is operated a bit differently, wouldn't you agree?  We're taking the standard couple single-family with minimalist museum approach.

Agnes:  But there's so much to do!

Watcher:  And you are a uniquely talented Sim.  I've no doubt that you will accomplish all that I need you to do.  You've done it before, and will do it again.

Agnes:  High expectations much?  What about me and my goals?  I want to be an Illustrious Author, but you reject every one of my wishes to learn the writing skill!

Watcher:  Well, you got me there.  If you remember, you did complete that lifetime wish the last time we tried this, but you spent much of your time stressed out and still ended up with a tiny tombstone.

Agnes:  I also left “A Legacy of Love” and quite a few other titles for my descendants to read.

Watcher:  Yes, yes you did.  Tell you what – I promise that you will fulfill many wishes, including a lifetime wish, although it won't be Illustrious Author.  Fair enough?

Agnes:  Will I get to marry Adam soon?  Why the delay – are you waiting for his wish to marry me?

Watcher:  Yes and yes.

Agnes:  Hmm.  Will I get a big tombstone, too?

Watcher:  The biggest.

Agnes:  Alright.  But handiness, of all things?  Why am I learning handiness?

Watcher:  As you know, Adam is a neat Sim, and upgrading all of the plumbing fixtures to self-cleaning is a great help in keeping him happy.  I will also need you to upgrade some special rewards that Adam will purchase someday.

Agnes:  Food replicators, no doubt.  Last time, he did all of the handy stuff.

Watcher:  This time – different.  Get used to it.  Anything else?

Agnes:  Why haven't I been sent to the dresser or mirror?  Don't you care about my appearance?

Watcher:  Not as much as I care about the other things you bring to this effort.  I'm content to let you be the original, unimitable Agnes.  We'll see what the random outfit generator does to you when you age up to elder.

The Watcher, growing weary of being interviewed, abruptly ended the dialogue and set Agnes back to task.

Anna33

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 03:52:50 PM »
Yay. Its nice to see someone keep Agnes as her self.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sarabi

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2017, 11:16:14 AM »
Yay. Its nice to see someone keep Agnes as her self.

Thanks.  She's sort of an iconic character.

Five years later - I came back to this.  I still have the file and my notes, so here we go...

Offline Sarabi

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2017, 11:49:19 AM »
4.  Promises Kept, Objects Broken

Three days after their engagement, Adam's wish to Marry Agnes was captured, and it was time for the nuptials to take place.  The celebrants changed into their formalwear, and enjoyed a simple, private ceremony in their own backyard.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Agnes continued her one-Sim campaign to make every fixture in their home permanently pristine.

And did her best to keep the puddles down to a minimum.

Which is not an especially easy thing to do when you're living with a neatnik who insists on using the sink every time he uses the toilet.

As Adam's gardening skill grew, he became capable of planting every type of seed he found and collected.  He bought the Super Green Thumb lifetime reward, and by the end of the second week, he had SuperMaxed the gardening skill.

After a late dinner one evening, loner Agnes became an adult in a very private birthday celebration, which was her choice.

She also joined the culinary career, which was not.

At that point, she requested another interview.  I declined.

Offline Sarabi

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2017, 08:28:42 AM »
5.  Birthdays to Death Fish

A lot has happened within the span of a few days in the lives of these Sims.

Although Agnes had developed a satisfactory working relationship with the plumbing fixtures around the house, the day came when that relationship would change.  Instead of rushing to repair a fixture leak, she rushed to take care of her own personal plumbing problem.

Yes, the time for family expansion was drawing near.  Both Adam and Agnes had wished to have their first child a week after they wed, and the try for baby was timed to have minimal impact on Agnes's career progress, given the maternity leave automatically granted.

Ever the trooper, dear Agnes had made some significant progress in her career.  She whirled into her uniform and went to work as always, despite the nausea of unidentified origin.

Adam was having quite an eventful day himself.  That very morning he had completed his lifetime wish for The Perfect Garden, and purchased a food replicator with the proceeds.  His daily chores had kept him busy, too busy to acknowledge his own birthday until that evening when it was thrust upon him.

Meanwhile, Agnes had returned home from work and started the replicator upgrade.  Mere moments after Adam's age transition, Agnes had her moment of recognition, wrought by a visit from the truly terrifying outfit fairy.  Poor Agnes.

As is often the case in the first generation of a new dynasty struggling toward success, the couple didn't find much time to celebrate the happy news.  There was another round of portraits to be done in commemoration of Adam's new status as an adult.

Both of them recognized the importance of properly preparing for the blessed event yet to come, and both wanted to read pregnancy books.  The following day, after a midday nap for a full energy bar, Agnes went to the library and breezed through both titles.  Adam joined her after completing his gardening chores for the day, but true to his nature, he chose to read outside, on the balcony.  Knowing Adam, it's hard to tell how much of it he understood, but he did read the entire book.  She then started reading “Yummy and Delicious”, and managed to master the cooking skill before she needed to leave for her midnight appointment.

Among all of her other activities, Agnes had also learned to fish and had stockpiled some angelfish in her inventory.  She knew she needed to do this, and wanted to get it over and done with before the baby came.  She also wanted to get the angelfish out of her inventory – toting those stinking things around certainly wasn't helping with the nausea.

Now, anyone who has ever seen the less pleasant side of grumpy Agnes during one of her grump-out moments would know better than to mess with her when she's pregnant.  Perhaps the denizens of the local cemetery will know better next time.

Final score:  Agnes 6, Ghosts 0.  Since Adam will be able to replicate deathfish with the omni plant soon,   Agnes has completed the only graveyard fishing trip this dynasty will ever need.  Thank you, dear Agnes.

And I guess that's a wrap.  No?  Oh, wait – there's one other birth day that I've neglected to mention in this report.

One detail previously omitted – Agnes had embarked on a special pregnancy diet that started right after the chimes.  Both Adam and Agnes wished for a girl, which was a very happy coincidence for me, because I want to re-create our prior attempt as closely as possible.  On the final day of her pregnancy, Agnes got back to business working on Adam's adult portraits... and waiting.

Evening rolled around, and Agnes switched labor types.  She continued to be the trooper throughout it all, while Adam – good grief, man, where is your head?  You might have some 'splaining to do, big fella.

A quick trip to the local hospital, where Adam paced nervously outside - but mere moments later, Agnes emerged a little lighter and carrying a precious package.  Without further ado, Adam and Agnes proudly present... Ms. Brenda Crumplebottom.

Oops.  I guess we forgot to do the name change thing when these two got hitched.  Agnes's to-do list just grew.

Next time, we'll see what Adam has to say about all of this.

Offline Sarabi

• Townie
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2017, 12:55:27 PM »
6.  Adam Catches Up

Starlog W3D6

There's a baby in my house.  A teeny, tiny little Sim with some serious personal hygiene issues that just lays around all day, sleeps a lot, and can't even feed herself.  It's feed the baby, change the baby, weed the garden, snuggle the baby, harvest some produce, change the baby, feed the baby, harvest more produce, etc.  All day, every day.  It's the same for Agnes.  Except for the gardening parts.

I noticed her belly was getting bigger, but thought it might be from all the watermelon she kept taking out of my produce inventory and gobbling up.  Then I went to the library and read a book we wanted me to read.  It turns out that Agnes had that baby inside, but then she came out.  From the hospital.  We call the baby Brenda.  So I guess this means that I've done okay with the Sim mating rituals and have successfully reproduced here, because everyone says she's my baby, too.

I don't... can't find the words to describe how I feel about all of this.  It's amazing and wonderful and scary and burdensome all at the same time.  I didn't think it was possible, but sometimes I feel even closer to Agnes now than I did before Brenda came.  Other times, I'm not sure I even know who she is.  Or me, either.  I don't know if I'm the same, or if there is any reason that I should want to be.

I thought I had planted every variety of garden plant on Planet Sims III, but sometimes I get phone calls for things I don't have.  Plums... pomegranates... no idea what they are or how I could get any.  See, I'm getting a reputation for good fresh garden produce, and other Sims call me when they want something special.  Sometimes when I fill orders, I learn how to plant something new, like special eggplants that actually grow eggs instead of eggplant, which is big and purple and not very egg-like.

I have perfected everything I've been growing, well except some of the newer things I just got to plant.  They're getting better, though, and will also be perfected.  I feel that I have mastered the art and science of gardening on Planet Sims III, well except for a few species I haven't found yet.

Oh, and I had a birthday here, too.  That's the transition to the next Sim life stage.  I had a noisemaker and there were sparklies and colorful glowing orbs and whirling and then I was an adult.  No big deal, really.

I'm sorry it's been so long since my last log entry.  Agnes and I got officially married, we've been so busy, so much to do.  Day after day working, no time for anything else.  It's okay, though.  I like the work, there really isn't anything else I'd rather be doing.  It's hard for me to say this, but I'm not sure there is anywhere else I'd rather be.  I've grown accustomed to this place, and attached to these strange backward beings and I don't know if I would want to come back home now even if I could.

Just so you know, I've been thinking about logging a lot.  I was thinking about it last night when Agnes was trying to let the baby come out, I was looking for a transmission control device because I couldn't find mine and I guess I panicked about it because I'm so far behind with my logging.  I have been keeping up with my timeline, though, so that will just have to do.

I still don't know how the house got here, but something similar happened again.  I woke up one morning and it was different.  Different wall coverings, different flooring, and some of the lighting has changed.  I really don't know what to make of it.  Also, we have a food replicator, which I apparently wished into existence.  A magical place this is.

Attaching images...  isn't she perfect?

BrendaSmiling.jpg
BrendaSpittingUp.jpg
BrendaCrying.jpg
BrendaMakingDirtyDiaper.jpg
BrendaCryingAgain.jpg
BrendaEating.jpg
BrendaEatingMore.jpg
BrendaFussing.jpg
BrendaTeething.jpg
BrendaDrooling.jpg
BrendaLookingAtMe.jpg
BrendaLookingOverThere.jpg
BrendaLookingAtPortraitOfMe.jpg
BrendaLookingAtMommy.jpg
MommyFeedingBrenda.jpg
MommyChangingBrenda.jpg

(Ed. Note: The images Adam uploaded flooded our intergalactic server to the point we felt we were under a denial of service attack, and promptly closed the connection.  Some of the images were thus lost - sorry about that.)

Offline Sarabi

• Townie
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2017, 01:32:11 PM »
7.  Brenda Toddles

The Wranglers' sleepless nights and hectic days were soon rewarded as baby Brenda was well-prepared to take on the next phase of her life.  The proud parents hosted a small birthday party to celebrate the event.  Auntie Cornelia (Goth) even brought her famous Baked Angel Food Cake!

Strange habits, these Sims have – placing infants on the floor to celebrate birthdays.

A shower of sparklies later, toddler-hood officially arrives...

… with a vengeance, it would seem.  Brenda was pretty cranky after a long day, a fact not lost on the friends who'd come to celebrate with her.

Her parents' desire to relieve themselves of having to assist her relieve herself got them started straightaway on some training.

In spite of how busy he was, Adam usually managed to keep some space for cuddle and tickle time in his schedule.

And so did Agnes, despite the career and other pressures constantly demanding her attention.

Though it took a great deal of time and persistence, they eventually completed their initial Brenda toddler training missions.

Since Brenda was constantly sneaking outside, they resigned to place her toys out on the deck, where she could entertain herself when her parents were otherwise occupied.

While helping her learn to talk, Adam couldn't help but notice how excited little Brenda got when he spoke of sea creatures.  Maybe it was the pattern on her clothing?  He guessed that in time, the reason would be revealed.

Eventually, and with a lot of help from both parents, Brenda completed her toddler basic training and was ready to move forward into the next steps... (to be continued)

Offline Sarabi

• Townie
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2017, 02:14:01 PM »
8.  Two Birthdays and Other Promotions

More and more, Adam found that he relied on Agnes' steady stream of support.  In addition to a very long list of tasks she was expected to fulfill, she frequently helped him with the gardening chores to enable him to spend more time with Brenda as she was growing up.  The fact that she also helped herself achieve her LTW of Swimming in Cash didn't hurt, either.

Having successfully navigated toddler-hood, it was time for another Brenda birthday party and some friends came to help her celebrate.

She more-or-less managed to blow out the candles herself this time.

And the adorable tyke commenced a wholly new phase of her journey through this life.

Brenda wasn't the only one who had a birthday that day, but she is the only one who chose to celebrate the event.  Agnes, too, entered the next phase of her life – with no fanfare and marked by another visit from the terrible outfit fairy.  This is not what one usually expects when one thinks about before and after images.

Agnes went to work that day as usual, still striving for promotions.  On this day, there were none to be had – an unfortunate garlic accident at work left her with quite the dour mood.  Adam tried to cheer her up by buying Stony Falls and fully upgrading it.

Meanwhile, Brenda... Brenda, where are you?  Sneaking across the road is quickly becoming a habit of hers.  It was really not a surprise when she chose something about a Perfect Aquarium as her lifetime avocation.

It may be a good thing that Brenda is a rather independent child, since her parents are quite busy and frequently occupied with other concerns.  In fact, they seem to spend quite a bit of time on their phones in the evening – Adam calls people to promote friendships, and Agnes calls co-workers to improve her career performance.  Learning a bit of charisma also helped Agnes to overcome her tendency toward difficult relationships with others.

Ever the devoted father,  Adam still makes time to help Brenda excel in school by occasionally helping her complete her homework.

Agnes' hard work eventually paid off.  She came home one day sporting the uniform of a five-star chef, and brought home the fanciest fridge in the galaxy to prove it.  Well done, Agnes. 

There was no time to celebrate her achievement, though, because Adam had acquired another food replicator in need of upgrading.  What's that, Agnes?  You want to retire?  Oh, alright.

Agnes' retirement brought some additional benefits to her family, as it gave her more time to spend with them.  Being highly skilled in fishing herself, she was now able to take Brenda fishing in more remote locations around Sunset Valley and expose her to different varieties of fish, where she spoke to Brenda of... writing?  Agnes put forth her very best efforts to convince Brenda to take up writing, but Brenda wasn't having it.  Fishing is what Brenda lives to do.

… and that's a wrap for this entry.

Offline Sarabi

• Townie
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2017, 07:54:14 PM »
9.  Congratulations in Order

With Agnes retired, Adam purchased Hogan's Deep Fried Diner and renamed it the Crumplebottom Cafe to honor her career accomplishments there.  Agnes stocked the pond across the street with deathfish Adam had replicated with his omni plants to further support Brenda's ongoing fishing expeditions.

Now a teenager, Brenda sought out all of the best fishing spots around Sunset Valley, gradually increasing her knowledge of the various species and their favorite bait.  Adam supplied her with plenty of produce to use as bait on her forays to expand her knowledge and skills.

During this time, she not only mastered the fishing skill, but also completed the Amateur Ichthyologist challenge.  Her response to these accomplishments: “Boney Hay!”  In the process, she also managed to collect... let's see now... 1, 2, 3...

Yep.  Thirteen perfect fish completed her lifetime wish of “Presenting the Perfect Private Aquarium.”  Congratulations, Brenda!  That's an awful lot of fish to feed, though.  I wonder if she still has time to keep up with her homework?

Well, apparently she does – though one never knows where she might end up after school.  In a park, at the beach, maybe in a jungle gym somewhere.  If anything, her independent streak has only grown along with her.  From time to time, she'd meet a nice fella...

… but she still always seemed to be obsessed with fishing.

Meanwhile, back at the homestead, Adam's birthday arrived.  The Birthday Inferno Birthday Cake demonstrated that it's aptly named.

It's probably a good thing, then, that Adam is a brave sort.  He handled the blaze before the firefighters arrived.  With the charred cake replaced, the birthday celebration continued.

The birthday fairy gave Adam a good whack with the birthday wand...

… and he morphed into an Egyptian elder.

It didn't take Agnes long to complete his elder portrait.

Adam then received and completed his final BlackOp and firmed up a few friendships.  With that, it was time for Agnes to do the thing she'd been working toward all along.

No, not that, silly.  It was time for Agnes to make Adam's first serving of Ambrosia, and she did so joyfully.

She also stored it in two upgraded replicators, so that Adam and their other descendants would have a supply of Ambrosia to last them well into the future.

Adam came to the table and sat down to consume that magical dish that he and Agnes had both worked so hard to make possible.

And with that, Adam became immortal.

Congratulations, Adam!

Founder: Adam
Traits: Neat, Friendly, Green Thumb, Loves the Outdoors, Brave
LTW: The Perfect Garden
Career: Self-employed Gardener
Skill: Gardening
Building: The Crumplebottom Cafe (originally Hogan's Deep Fried Diner)
Property: Stoney Falls
Unique LTRs: Super Green Thumb, Food Replicator, Professional Slacker
Best Friends: Wife Agnes, Malcolm Landgraab, Christopher Steel, Holly Alto, Nephew Mortimer Goth, Abraham Finkel
BlackOps: Uncommonly Good, Outstandingly Rare, The Omnificent Plant, The Fruit of Life, Perfect Produce, Outstanding Tasting Ingredients

(Ed. Note:  This might be a good time to talk about my choice of gardening for the founder's vocation.  I admit I'm biased – I love gardening in TS3, and rarely ever play a household that does not include a gardener.

Bias aside, there are other reasons to get a gardener early in the dynasty.  Beyond the obvious need to grow life fruit for Ambrosia and desire to provide those just-in-case death flowers to immortals, gardening also supports other skill development – fishing (better quality bait catches better quality fish), cooking (moodlets from high quality meals are extremely helpful), alchemy, nectar-making, even mixology.  Once developed, a garden provides a steady source of ongoing high income.

I also find it fairly easy to keep Adam busy over the long haul.  The right size garden will occupy him all day, every day with the “tend garden” interaction.  Also, one needs to be particularly wary of any mortal handling life fruit or death flowers, and I find it much easier to be vigilant about removing them from inventory early in the dynasty, when there are fewer household members to manage.  Passersby frequently stop by the garden to chat with Adam, which makes it easy for my household to meet other sims in the community.  I rarely fertilize, and the only thing I really need to do to manage his gardening is to delete barren plants and have him re-plant.

When he gets stir-crazy, I send him to sell produce at the supermarket, pick up a few seeds off-lot, or  play in the sprinkler across the street (I added a sprinkler when I bought that property).   It's relatively easy as far as long-term immortal elder management goes.)

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2017, 10:57:53 PM »
Yay!!!! Congrats. I hope you get your aging issues sorted.