Author Topic: The Singh Random Town Jump -- Announcement Regarding Photobucket's New Policy  (Read 108892 times)

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
Re: The Singh Random Town Jump -- Chapter 71: Love on the Beach
« Reply #375 on: January 22, 2017, 12:23:06 PM »
Another great chapter. Thanks for making me LOL

Thank you Jude!

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
Re: The Singh Random Town Jump -- Chapter 71: Love on the Beach
« Reply #376 on: June 21, 2017, 11:54:02 AM »
I know it's been forever, but I decided to not post any updates until this challenge was 100% complete.

I'm happy to say that, as of today, I have officially completed this Town Jump. It feels like a weight off of my shoulders.

Expect an update soon.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
Re: The Singh Random Town Jump -- Chapter 72: Are We There Yet?
« Reply #377 on: June 21, 2017, 12:59:10 PM »
Chapter 72: Are We There Yet?

Natalie ages up to child.

She immediately is glued to the inventor's table–she occasionally sets herself on fire or damages her hand with a metal hammer. I bet she is making something great!

Natalie: I'm making a fidget spinner with my name engraved on it!

I take that back.

Natalie enjoys hanging out with Maya, but Maya is too busy surfing dating sites to find a potential mate.

Autumn also ages up, she wants to be the leader of the free world.

Autumn: No, I don't! Wait, do I?

She gets an eco-friendly makeover. Notice the flower in her hair!

Since it's the Singh's last day in Lucky Palms, Autumn decides to throw a goodbye party, she intends to propose to Kris, her boyfriend.

The party starts up, and Yuna Tanner steals Mickey's piano when he's not looking.

Abbey King: OMG! It's the famous Mickey Singh!

Yuna: *bad impersonation* Yep, it's me!

Abbey: OMG! I love your music! Can you sign my shirt?

Yuna: Oh no, what do I do?

Abbey: Wait, that's not your voice!

Yuna: OH NO! I've been caught!

Abbey: IMPOSTER! I'M CALLING THE POLICE!

Cricket: Um, what's going on back there?

Mickey: Just someone impersonating me. They hate me cause they ain't me!

Cricket: Stop.

Maggie shows up. She seems to be really chill. Since leaving the motel, she has married Cricket and moved to a nicer house.

Maggie: Ah, the old motel smell!

For some reason, Kris doesn't show up to the party. However, Autumn gets a chance to reconnect with her old friend Jared Lancaster.

Autumn: You give nice hugs, better than Kris. This is the worst hug ever.

Jared: Kris who?

Autumn: Ugh, he totally stood me up.

Jared: Oh, you mean Kris Shaw? He just got engaged.

Autumn: WHAT?!

Jared: Yep, he proposed to Abbey King last night.

Autumn: That lying little..wait! That gives me an idea!

Autumn: Marry me Jared, right here in the motel kitchen.

Jared: EE! This is the best proposal ever! And they say romance is dead!

Jared: Yes! Yes! This is the best day of my life.

Autumn: Mine too! It can't get any worse!

Jared: Aren't you forgetting something?

Autumn: You're right.

Autumn breaks up with Kris over text.

Jared moves in and gets a makeover. He is an evil sim who wants to be a pro athlete. After watching the NBA finals, I'm sure he'll fit right in.

The party wraps up and we say goodbye to Lucky Palms! Next is the FINAL town of this town jump. I'll give you a hint on this town, it was released a few months before this story started.

We're almost done people! Almost done!

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
Re: The Singh Random Town Jump -- Chapter 72: Are We There Yet?
« Reply #378 on: July 21, 2017, 02:00:30 PM »
I just read Photobucket's new policy and to say I'm devastated is an understatement. When I saw all of my screenshots gone, I was at a loss for words. I honestly felt sick to my stomach. I have no idea why Photobucket would make such a rash and terrible business decision with no warning. Photobucket could have easily given its customers a heads up and time to convert their images to a new hosting site before setting their new policy. Or, they could have allowed images previously uploaded to stay on third party sites and only set the restriction on new uploads.

I've heard that many people across the Internet are upset with this policy, years worth of blogging and forum content have been washed away. Websites that have been around for years have been hit very hard, this forum included.

I'm NOT paying $400 a year just to display photos in a story that I'm almost finished with. At this point in my life, I cannot afford it. That's $1,200 for three years. I'd have to pay over $1k to keep this story up for three years. That is insane.

I have no choice but to convert all the images onto a different hosting site. I cannot promise when or even if I will finish. This story was the gateway to new writing adventures, and it's not going down without a fight.

I'm not done yet, this will not stop me.

UPDATE: The first chapter that was affected by the new policy has been fixed with new images. I'm hoping to fix 1-2 chapters every few days.