Author Topic: Wanted: party guide  (Read 7972 times)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Wanted: party guide
« on: September 13, 2014, 06:14:35 PM »
I've heard form a few folks (and share the same idea) that a low down on what needs to be prepared for each party type would be a great thing to add to the guide. I know you can hire caterers, musicians and mixologists, but maybe your sims don't have the cash for that.

Not a priority thing of course, but if people could start collecting their tips for hosting parties, to have at a venue or not and so on that would be a great start.

Offline TobeyR

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Wanted: party guide
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 06:16:33 PM »
I've heard form a few folks (and share the same idea) that a low down on what needs to be prepared for each party type would be a great thing to add to the guide. I know you can hire caterers, musicians and mixologists, but maybe your sims don't have the cash for that.

Not a priority thing of course, but if people could start collecting their tips for hosting parties, to have at a venue or not and so on that would be a great start.

I have a Sims party animal so I will try to get on this and let you know. You can add me to Origin as a friend if you want, my username is nicholasbrianp.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 07:34:48 AM »
I was able to have my son (teen) host the party and my husband and wife be chosen as  cater and entertainer as they are both maxed in their culinary and entertainment career. Not sure at what level that becomes an option though.

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 08:41:26 AM »
My very first birthday party was a flop . I was so unprepared . I didn't know we had a criteria to meet . I was used to having epic parties in TS3 so this was quite disappointing for me . It would be a great add on to the guide or as a thread .
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 04:13:23 PM »
So far I've found that the following things are required for every type of party

Entertainment
Food
Drinks

You can do expensive and buy the services or go cheap and make the food, use a radio, and serve the drinks yourself. Another great cheap alternative is to make friends with people who qualify for these services as it doesn't cost you and you basically ask your friends to do it instead.

I've had issues where guests cancel out my actions trying to make items by raiding my fridge so I now fully empty my fridge before a party and it makes cooking smoother as no one cancels my actions and eats what I serve. I did post a story of my adventure of having a party if it helps anyone.

Offline stitching_JA

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 10:50:17 PM »
Having enough seating for guests also improves parties.  For one of my parties, I forgot to put stools at the bar and had removed my table and chairs to have more room for dancing.  I did all but one of the items for the party (have sims kiss at the party) and only got silver.  The notification after the party mentioned having enough seats for guests.  A couple of days later, I threw a second party but had seats.  Again, I did all the items but one (another romance related task) and this time got a gold.  Both parties were house parties, and both were hosted by a teen and without any hired help or other sims tasked for special roles.  I just had the host or his brother make drinks and bake cakes during the parties.

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 04:16:38 PM »
Would anyone know how to propose a toast at a birthday party ? I just had one and tried everything I could think of but nothing seemed to work . That was the only thing missing at my party for the highest award .
ladybug53's Studio

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2014, 04:24:35 PM »
It's clear we'll need a good party guide, and I'll try and bump it up in the list. I noticed when doing the Aspirations list that making great parties is a requirement for some, and do want to help by finding out how you do all those things like making toasts, and what makes a good/bad party. Sharing this information has certainly helped. I want to do Emotions first, and get the Careers section done, but I definitely like what they've brought with these rankings for parties and look forward to covering it.

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2014, 05:20:38 PM »
Would anyone know how to propose a toast at a birthday party ? I just had one and tried everything I could think of but nothing seemed to work . That was the only thing missing at my party for the highest award .

I struggled with making a toast at first as well. You have to tell an adult sim to drink a drink. While the drink is in their hand you then click on the sim you want to make a toast and it becomes an option. I got really lost with this cause I was thinking well if they drink it how can they toast but thats how you do it!

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2014, 06:13:14 PM »
Thanks so much for your help . I've had several birthday parties before but this was the first time that this was needed . It was for an adult birthday , not sure if they're all different or not .  :)
ladybug53's Studio

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2014, 07:21:42 PM »
I think it's random I got it for a teens birthday which is why I know it must be an adult cause it specifically said "Have an adult make a toast"

Offline TobeyR

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2014, 12:01:00 AM »
Sorry that I didn't get to this yet.. I have been on vacation visiting my parents in Massachusetts (we live in Ohio so it was quite a drive!). Now that I am back and around more should be able to try throwing stuff together for this.