Author Topic: Are planters necessary?  (Read 14735 times)

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
Re: Are planters necessary?
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2015, 05:33:53 PM »
Super green thumb does cut the growing time and time until harvest in half for apple trees.  I'm really interested to hear what your planters and pots test result is.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2015, 05:40:28 PM »
K then, I'll make a brand new sim up and see what happens. I'll post back later today as I'm not at my PC right now.

As a side issue, have you seen the wish to 'revive a dead plant'? One of my dynasty sims has that wish a lot and there is detail saying you can revive a dead plant using twigs.... which you get from harvesting. I'm assuming it's something that's coded in for a future but as of now uninstalled element of game play... perhaps this coding that DarkWalker saw re: planters etc is too.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2015, 06:35:36 PM »
@Playalot I have seen that wish.  What I remembered it saying was that the twigs can be gotten from trimming bonsai trees. Or maybe it was a different component that was required for reviving a dead plant that was gotten from bonsai trees, I'm not sure.  Were there two types of components needed for that? I haven't tried trimming bonsai trees to produce components for plant revival.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2015, 11:30:48 PM »
So this may have been updated, but last I checked you revive a dead plant simply by clicking on it and spending money...  easiest way to kill a plant is to take too many clippings from it.  I did it a few times.  If I remember correctly, it stays the same quality, you just have to spend 100 Simoleons to revive it.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2015, 02:47:55 AM »
@ClayMask ... That's it! Bonsai tree... I knew it had something to do with gardening, just couldn't remember!  ::) There is a  small bundles of twigs when you use the bb.showhiddenobjects cheat but nothing to actually do with them yet re:game play. Although when sims play with a bonfire they often throw stones or the twig bundle into the flames.

@dethdukk, this is something different to that. So yeah, at the moment you revive a dead plant by just clicking on it if it's wild and like you say if it's a plant in your garden.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2015, 11:05:34 PM »
@ClayMask  all my timings seem to be a bit different from the guide that Carl originally wrote so I'm going to spend a bit more time having a look at it all. I think I'll do a factory reset and take my current saves folder out (store it on the desk top) and start a new game from scratch so I can be sure it's not CC or a corrupt save or something that is mucking up on the timings. I'll eventually PM you with the results.  :)

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2015, 12:33:27 AM »
@Playalot My apple tree timing was different than his guide too.  I think the guide is either outdated, was done with super green thumb, or both.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2015, 01:16:55 AM »
What quality of plants are you guys using?  It's possible that normal plants grow/produce slower than higher level plants.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2015, 01:44:00 AM »
What quality of plants are you guys using?  It's possible that normal plants grow/produce slower than higher level plants.
Normal quality.  It's possible, but I've never heard of anything like that or noticed it.  I'll see what Carl says when he reads about my observation on growth times.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2015, 02:18:28 AM »
Oh that's interesting ClayMask!  I'm using normal quality of plant too by the way as that would be the norm! lol  ;) I'll do some more on this tomorrow and see what happens.

@dethdukk, that would be quite cool if that was the case... not sure it works like that though. Trouble is EA keep tweaking and changing stuff without putting all the small details in the patch notes so things change and nobody notices it until ... well, someone stumbles across the change and thinks its a bit weird.   ::) (Did you like my very technical explanation? *snort*)

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2015, 02:41:30 PM »
@Playalot Carl said he thinks the guide values were made with super green thumb, so I wouldn't worry about your test values being different.  Are you noticing much difference between plants grown in pots and planters, and those grown directly in the ground?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2015, 12:00:18 AM »
@ClayMask , I finally got that whim to spring again...

Revive A Dead Plant
(From Gardening Skill)
Click on a plant and Select Revive Plant.
Sims can unlock this interaction by
increasing their Gardening Skill and
collecting Twigs. Twigs can be gathered
through Shaping Bonsai or Harvesting
plants.

Beats me... I can't figure out how to get these twigs no matter how many bonsai I shape... and I've never received Twigs from any harvesting I've done! Any ideas?

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2015, 03:42:34 PM »
Have you tried shaping from bonsai plant that is converted to decorative? There is bug on this interaction though that it will only allow for the plant to be exactly Excellent quality in order the interaction to work. The only way to fix this only by utilizing mod for now.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2015, 07:01:15 PM »
@dodi90 , I've never managed to convert a bonsai plant from the ones you grow... maybe that's the key. I usually forget and have evolved it to perfect before realizing that I had planned to convert it.  ::) If I remember , I'll give it a go. Either that or I'l use the mod and make the whole process easier. Thanks for the tip.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2015, 07:32:16 PM »
You can also buy the decorative bonsai trees to trim.  I haven't tried this to see if I can get twigs from them.