Author Topic: Ideal mood for Learning Baking Skill  (Read 3553 times)

Offline dodi90

• Occult
Ideal mood for Learning Baking Skill
« on: April 13, 2015, 07:07:57 PM »
While it is suggested that being Inspired help with Baking. I didn't see the glow in skill progress when my sim were baking while inspired. While it does in fact affect the quality somehow, the skill progress is not exactly fast (at least not as fast as cooking). Any recommendation for learning it faster? Aside from taking Savant

Offline Miravlix

• Nooboo
Re: Ideal mood for Learning Baking Skill
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 12:29:30 AM »
It seems to take my sim 4-5 bakes to get a level, seems hard to make it any faster. I've not tried the cupcake machine to see if it makes a difference.

If it's annoying to queue up X bakes, you could always just read up on the skill books.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 12:53:01 AM »
If you don't want to take Savant, you could shell out for Morning Sim and Night Owl, which together are basically Savant Lite- I believe they give the same or similar skilling boost to Savant, and being worth only half the reward points and the mood boost they give makes up for the fact that they aren't in effect 24/7.

On the ideal mood, I don't know how to help you. I also noticed that inspired doesn't seem to help, which is super weird. Maybe the ideal mood is playful? Or it just doesn't have an ideal mood? Both options don't really make any sense and the latter would be a rather big oversight on the part of the developers, but I can't think of any other options.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 04:35:41 AM »
I always though morning sim and night owl only help because the provide +1 happy at the appropriate time and as far as i know, happy grants boost to all skills anyway so using a little decorations is better because the boost is permanent all day(and save 3000 aspiration points). Baking using cupcake machine seems to be even slower than using stove. And another thing i found that baking cakes doesn't count toward preparing meals daily goal for chef career. They stop at just started and never counts anymore.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 04:47:59 AM »
I always though morning sim and night owl only help because the provide +1 happy at the appropriate time and as far as i know, happy grants boost to all skills anyway so using a little decorations is better because the boost is permanent all day(and save 3000 aspiration points). Baking using cupcake machine seems to be even slower than using stove. And another thing i found that baking cakes doesn't count toward preparing meals daily goal for chef career. They stop at just started and never counts anymore.
I used to think that too, but it's not true.  Darkwalker pulled it up from the code that they help as much as savant, and they also give the moodlet.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2015, 06:36:57 AM »
I didn't know that. Thanks for the new info. It makes those two traits far more useful than they seem. I wont neglect giving my sims those trait from now on.

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2015, 08:44:36 AM »
(and save 3000 aspiration points)...

Another, more minor thing- together morning sim and night owl together are worth 2000, not 3000, aspirations points. With the realization that they grant the same skill boost as savant and also a moodlet, this makes them pretty much just as useful as savant, with the moodlet and the cost more than paying for the time drawback for me.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2015, 07:13:20 PM »
Yeah that was my mistake. I keep thinking they both cost 1500 points each.
Do those rewards stack with savant?

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2015, 08:45:22 PM »
I haven't tested it myself, but from what I've seen I don't believe it does.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2015, 08:54:53 PM »
I'm thinking that they do stack but am also unsure.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2015, 12:00:06 AM »
I haven't tested it fully, but I played through 2 ages with all 3 of them and skilling did seem faster while the moodlets were up.

Edit:  If you can't find the ideal mood for baking (maybe confident or playful?) then you can stick with just happy to get a smaller boost.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2015, 07:26:43 AM »
Let me sum up what I learned of this baking skill.
*It took longer to master than the normal cooking / gourmet cooking
*The ideal emotion (inspired) seems didn't impact the quality nor give the glow when baking the goods
*Using cupcake machine is somewhat slower than using the stove (need verification)
*Decorating only works for certain types of baked goods, Garnish(from gourmet cooking) do work on all baked goods (to increase quality)
*It can also sometimes be impeccable if you have outdoor retreat and took the reward trait Stoves and Grills Master
*They are also affected by Master Chef reward Fresh Chef, so they will not spoil if you have it.
*They didn't count toward Culinary daily task make food,which is a shame since by default you need to bake a lot of goods just to level it up

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2015, 10:00:48 PM »
You guys are right. There is no ideal mood for baking. It's entirely missing from the XML in the spot where that is usually indicated.

The only thing that seems to tie baking and inspired is Muser. You will see better results when inspired if you've taken a creativity aspiration and have this bonus trait. It will raise the effective skill level when you're inspired, because Baking DOES fall under the category of creative skill. This means you're more likely to cook high quality stuff at lower levels.

Edit: This omission is a bug, given it should be consistent that all skills have an ideal mood (or at least *I* think so) so I've reported it at the EA Answer HQ