Author Topic: The Sims 4 Dynasty Hall of Fame  (Read 25552 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Dynasty Hall of Fame
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2018, 04:36:42 PM »
callycat -- Inducted, December 4, 2018
Callycat is a long-time former (joined in October, 2010), and no stranger to completing Dynasties…she completed the Sims 3 Domination Dynasty and Sims 3 Life States Dynasty years ago. She mentioned to the team that because she plays at speed 3 as much as possible, she did not do a story to accompany her Sims 4 Life States Dynasty completion.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Dmitry (Human) and Zach (Vampire) Temple with their 45th child Juniper (Human).

What did you like most about the Life States Dynasty Challenge?
Life States are always my favourite thing in Sims games and I loved the Sims 3 Life States Dynasty, so I was really glad to see one using them for Sims 4. I love the idea for making Witches and Fairies, though I didn't have any Fairies in my successful attempt. Or Aliens either, I can't believe all the abductions never produced one Alien baby!

I also really liked that this one included adoption, as I'm adopted myself as part of a family with mixed adopted and not adopted kids. Though the reason I ended up with so many adopted children in this challenge was just for timing and making sure the house was as full as I wanted.

What did you find the most difficult?
While I appreciated the chance to experiment with the character values some of them drove me nuts - Irresponsible combined with my least favourite skill to work on (Mischief) meant I abandoned the idea of Fairies pretty quickly during my first attempt and left them out ever since. That's obviously personal taste and not a problem with the challenge.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2019, 12:50:37 PM »
Vesper -- Inducted May 6, 2019

We're very pleased to welcome Vesper as the newest member of the Dynasty Hall of Fame. While there's no story, she has posted a lengthy summary of The Pizzazz Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty, each member of which was a famous film director.

Top row L-R: Penny Pizzazz founder, Larisa gen 2, Ingmar gen 3, Valie gen 4, Werner gen 5
Bottom row L-R: is Fritz gen 6, Orson gen 7, Agnes gen 8, Chantal gen 9. Standing proudly by her ancestors is Ildiko gen 10 with her collection of books. The total value of the Pizzazz museum was 46,607.

What did you enjoy most about the challenge?
It's never boring! Heirs' traits are randomised so there's not too much strategising (which I get impatient with). You move to a new home each generation so the environment changes, and there are just so many ways to make points. My superwoman Chantal maxed loads of skills and threw parties, Valie made enemies, others made cash. This freedom was really fun while there's always the measured scoring pattern to it as well to remind you it's a challenge with rules.

What did you find most difficult?
Once I got a handle on the rules and stopped making silly mistakes (this was attempt eight) the most difficult thing was the free days which require a complete opposite way of playing. I found it hard to switch between these two modes of play and I missed a lot of points by miss-timing things too. Though of course I did welcome the opportunity to get spouses in order
Then there was Thorne Bailey. He lost me nine points with passing out and bladder failures. My heir spent a lot of time trying to get him away from the paparazzi and into bed/ the bathroom.

When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2019, 08:08:17 PM »
reggikko  Inducted June 15, 2019

Check out the Heirs and their stats here: St. James Immortal Dynasty

Final museum value: $659,623

What did you like most about the Immortal Dynasty?

My favorite part of any challenge is the beginning when my Sims are starting out with next to nothing. I also really enjoyed planning out everyone's jobs, skills, and museum collections. In this dynasty, I started with the items I wanted in the museum and then worked backward, trying to match up aspirations and careers when I could. I also enjoyed working on each heir's requirements.

What was most difficult for you?

I had one minor blip--my Gen 2 heir accidentally completed Renaissance Sim, so I had to shuffle some things around. Fortunately, this happened early in the dynasty, so it wasn't a big deal. The hardest part of the challenge was waiting for my Gen 8 heir to be able to complete his requirements and eat ambrosia. He was finished with everything except making his friends and mixing the drinks for his museum collection (I waited because I didn't want them to spoil) while he was still a YA. His days as an adult went by VERY slowly because I really had nothing to do. As usual, I struggle with pacing. If I had it to do over, I'd slow down and not rush to get so much done early. I was somewhat concerned about getting death flowers and actually wound up having to spend about $30K to get one in a rare seed packet. In this save, my spliced plants never produced one.

Seated L-R: Emma (Gen 2), Charlotte (Gen 3), Camille (Gen 5), Audrey (Gen 6), Iris (Gen 7)
Standing L-R: Gabriel (Gen 1), Tristan (Gen 4), Colin (Gen 8 )

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2020, 12:14:59 AM »
dethdukk -- Inducted February 16, 2020

We are pleased to welcome our first 2020 inductee to the Hall Of Fame. dethdukk and the Knethen Immortal Dynasty.

Museum Value: $176,554

"Liked most:  The dynasty encouraged me to branch out and try different careers and aspirations that I might not normally get into was the best part of this Dynasty.  Especially during the first few generations, I was always learning about mechanics and interactions in the game that I might never have seen if I wasn't being pushed into doing them by the challenge.  The mischief aspirations, the fitness career, serial romantic and some others I'd not have played if I wasn't participating in this challenge. The first 3-4 generations were easily the most exciting of them all." 

Most difficult:  "I'd say the most difficult thing about this challenge was the length and repetitive nature of it.  I had a great time playing through the first 5 generations, but by the time I got to the 6th-8th, I felt like I was just doing the same thing (albeit with different careers and aspirations) over and over.  It made it very hard to work up the motivation to continue playing.  Outside of that, I believe that I would've had a harder time completing all the requirements for the bonus museum pieces, now that the toddler and scouts requirements have also been added."

From left to right, Gen 1 to Gen 8:  Kell, Nicolas, Kendrick, Raymond, Tarkett, Nirian, Divya, Jonathan.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2020, 08:25:15 PM »
oshizu -- Fourth Dynasty
It's no surprise that oshizu is the first person to complete the Power of 10 dynasty challenge. As she herself said, after 8 months away from the Sims, she was ready to start playing, and the new challenge came along at the perfect time. The adventures of her Sims can be found in Power of 10 - What Pries Glory?

Caption: The last heir, Elwyn Pries, with his woodworking collection

Total value of collections: $668,860

So very many things to love about the Power of 10 Dynasty Challenge, but I will focus on three favorite things.
I loved that each new heir moved to a different world and (due to avoiding overlapping careers, skills, and collections) led significantly different lives.
In that connection, one of the most enjoyable facets involved planning and building each generation's house to reflect the founder's origins or the heirs' neighborhoods.
The challenge also offered an excellent opportunity (trial by fire) to jump into five new-to-me expansion packs, starting with StrangerVille.

The hardest part was coming up with fun activities to occupy my youngest heir during the 2nd week of their childhood, after they finished aspirations and scouting.
I could have done a better job of pacing aspirations and scouting activities over two weeks.
Keeping track of all the requirements would have been a nightmare, but LenaLJ's helpful spreadsheet made that a breeze. Thank you, LenaLJ!

- - - -
Much thanks to the Challenge Team for another addictive challenge and congratulations to Carl on the tenth anniversary of the virtual playground he's created for us simmers.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2020, 08:29:12 AM »
reggiko -- Third Dynasty

After doing the Immortal Dynasty and the Ten-gen Townie Dynasty, reggiko has added the Power of Ten Dynasty to her list. A link to her account can be found here.

Here's a picture of my final heir and her collection:
The value for her collections was $598,345.

I really enjoyed this one. I loved moving every generation and playing in neighborhoods that I don't normally play in. I also really appreciated the option to keep my families small. Big families stress me out! It was nice to have fewer restrictions in general, and made for a nice change. I think this Dynasty is very player-friendly and most players would likely enjoy it.

Another thing I liked was that after Generation 2, I made it a challenge within the challenge to find a red-haired spouse for every generation. That actually worked out surprisingly well. Also, I'm rather chuffed that I've now completed my third Dynasty.

I get impatient waiting for kids and teens to age up. Also, I didn't really plan out every generation ahead of time and made a couple of skills unique that I should have saved. I just went with it and it worked out, but I had to be really careful with a couple of Sims to make sure they didn't max a previously claimed skill.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2020, 08:05:22 PM »
[
callycat -- 2nd, December 23, 2018
Callycat is a long-time former (joined in October, 2010), and no stranger to completing Dynasties. After a year and a half wait, she finally answered our questions about the SimTech Dynasty. But we don't mind waiting if she doesn't. She seems to have enjoyed this so much she did it twice!

What did you like most about the SimTech Dynasty Challenge?
For the first Sim Tech Dynasty, what I enjoyed most was working with the restrictions. Although I'm not much of a builder or a storyteller as I lack the patience, it made a fun story in my head and I was very strict with the items used.

For the second SimTech Dynasty, what I enjoyed most was seeing if it was possible to do it with a single sim! It was very tense, but Rowan made it with 12 days left to elder, thanks to a lot of time spent as a vampire.

I found it difficult going through all the careers with offspring who had the Irresponsible trait! NEVER AGAIN.

For the second, what I found most difficult was the amount of children - I don't let my Sims reproduce very often! And No Tech with lots of stinky babies is a real challenge.

Although Callycat did not write a story, summaries of her 2 challenges can be  found here and here.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2020, 07:14:52 PM »
sdhoey -- Inducted 27 September, 2020

A dynasty completed by one of our own! sdhoey completed a SimTech dynasty in less than a month's time with the Grimes Sim Tech Dynasty. While not a story, it does contain summaries and updates throughout her playtime.

Left to right: Beth, Judith, Tom, Nancy, Carol, Carla

What did you like most about the SimTech Dynasty Challenge?
"Not having to write a story and trying a new and different challenge. Plus, I did the aspirations and careers I have never tried before. Playing on X3 speed was a lot of fun. Not having to worry about bunch requirements at the beginning with aspirations, careers, and all that. I liked being able to just stay on the lot mostly in the beginning."

"High Tech Era, playing long age length and careers taking longer to advance for those that went to work."
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2020, 07:30:37 AM »
oshizu-- Fifth Dynasty Inducted September, 2020

Once again oshizu has complete another dynasty. You can find her story to the Kahale Family SimTech Dynasty here: Kahale SimTech Dynasty

Kahale SimTech Dynasty
Completed with 3 sims in 96 days.

What did you like most about the SimTech Dynasty?
Any challenge that involves unlocks appeals strongly to me, so I very much enjoyed the SimTech challenge's era-specific constraints.
Though the Kahales stayed in Sulani throughout the challenge, it was fun browsing Polynesian homes on the web to build them a new house for each era.
The different lifespans and the presence/absence of vampires made timing an important factor and allowed both my founders to survive until the challenge's end.
Most of the household were part-time helpers so I got to play around with the Nifty Knitting pack!

What was the most difficult for you?
This challenge's hardest aspect consisted, for me, in making good gameplay decisions, taking into account both seasons and the different lifespan lengths.
Also, I'd never played before on Long Lifespan and unintentionally entered the High Tech Era with two grade-school children.
Ensuring that they attend school and dealing with the constant rise and fall of their character values (so many chance cards!) values were not so much hard as bothersome, haha.

Family Portrait
From left to right: Standing are Tuki and Mina, the founders.
Seated: Poke and Okika (Gen3); their parents Aleki and Pele (Gen2); and Pele's siblings, Avana and Santos.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2020, 03:36:14 PM »
Sarah1992 — Inducted December 4, 2020
Let's welcome Sarah1992 to the Hall of Fame. While her Waterman's don't have a story to read, they do have an impressive spreadsheet, click the link to view. Waterman Immortal Dynasty.

The Waterman Immortal Dynasty
Museum Value: $407988

"I enjoyed staying with the same Sims for a long period of time, I've finished legacies before, with no life extensions, I felt a lot more attached to each generation's heir with this. I also really loved that there were no unique skill restrictions like there were in the Sims 3 ID, I failed that probably around a dozen times due to rogue immortals sneaking into rooms they weren't meant to be in and maxing skills! Enjoyed exploring the different aspirations and skills I had never looked at before, like robotics and the popularity aspirations."

"I found waiting on birthdays the most challenging, but that was mostly down to struggling to pace myself with skills and such. With the exception of Richard, the founder, everyone was done with all but their friends by not long after their adult birthday. If I was to do another, I think I'd stop myself from using the Rally the Troops club perk, which made things a lot easier."

"I also want to say a huge thank you to the challenge team for all the hard work they have put in creating the tournaments and dynasties over the years, you all do a fantastic job. Looking forward to trying out the Power of 10 and Seven Heroes Dynasties very soon."

L-R: Richard (Founder), Florian (Gen 2), Fiyas (Gen 3), Cecille (Gen 4), Sophia (Gen 5), Elam (Gen 6), Themis (Gen 7), Dymphna (Gen 8 )

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2021, 07:40:20 PM »
callycat - inducted March 11, 2021

Another dynasty challenge in the books for callycat, The Seven Hero Dynasty is #3. For this Dynasty, there is no museum value but is complete with all seven heroes have complete seven requirements, then completed a project each.

Projects Completed/Days to complete:

Projects Completed: 17
Total time: 130 days

What did you like most about this dynasty?

Photo coming soon.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2021, 07:45:48 PM »
oshizu - inducted March 11, 2021

link to story:  The Nana Heroes Dynasty (note that "Nana" seans "Seven" in Japanese)

The Nana Heroes Dynasty
Projects Completed: 24
Total time: 153 days

What did you like most about the Seven Heroes Dynasty?
The most engaging aspect of this challenge was the opportunities it offered to experience new-to-me gameplay as well as "old" gameplay in new ways.
This dynasty motivated me to have sims attend university and journey to Batuu. Starting my dynasty in Mt. Komorebi also enabled me to fully explore the Snowy Escape pack.
The projects are a brilliant blend that balances skills, aspirations, careers, and related activities.
Being able to age up teens as soon as they completed all their requirements helped me stay interested, too.

What was the most difficult for you?
Timing.  I only wanted to focus on one active project at a time, that is, a project requiring the future hero to travel off the home lot).
It was tricky planning the projects to schedule other easier, background projects to support each active project.

From left to right: Kaila (Hero 7), Momo (Hero 4), Kiyomi (Hero 3), Sora (Hero 5), Hiromi (founder), Tetsuya (Hero 2), and Ayame (Hero 6).

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2021, 03:49:45 PM »
reggikko - inducted August 25, 2021

This is reggikko's fourth entry into the HOF. With no story to read, you can click on the links below to view the hard work put into this dynasty.

You're Only Human Life States Dynasty

Bills paid: 17

I didn't do a story, but I have posted pictures of all of the children, with their stats here: You're Only Human: A Life States Dynasty

The post with the picture of the parents and the last child to move out is HERE.

My spreadsheet is here, with all of the details, including character values, friends, etc.

What did you like most about playing this dynasty?

I enjoyed playing the Dynasty at the same time as oshizu. We spent a lot of time PMing back and forth with strategies and encouragement. As far as the challenge itself, what I liked was that I learned some things I didn't know before, such as that knitting gives children knitting skill, motor skill, and Emotional Control. I also really enjoyed adopting and the wide variety of Sims that, along with natural births, and abductions, that provided. It has encouraged me to adopt more in my casual game to mix things up. Finally, I learned just how powerful the Peace and Quiet Lot trait is. I didn't want to do any traveling if it could be avoided, so my Sims relied on skill books quite a bit, along with skill classes for the minor skills and any skills that would normally involve travel, such as herbalism and skiing. It turned out to be quite an efficient way to gain those skills and I'll definitely be utilizing those strategies in my regular gameplay more. I also really enjoyed being able to age up the offspring when they met their requirements.

What was the hardest thing about the challenge?

Without a doubt, the number of times the parents became hysterical just by being in proximity to their children was the hardest thing. There are a couple of moodlets associated with sentiments that cause a Sim to become playful. If there are a lot of happy moodlets stacked-instant hysteria. This means that as a player, I had to be extra vigilant and watch the parents every minute to make sure they weren't getting hysterical. That was so frustrating to deal with over and over again.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2021, 03:41:54 PM »
oshizu - inducted August 26, 2021

Not only has oshizu completed another dynasty, but she has also completed all 7 of the forum dynasties. Making her the first forum member to complete all dynasties and be entered into the HOF for all 7. Congratulations oshizu on this monumental task and job well done.

The story So Abduction, But No Cigar: A Life States Dynasty, shares highlights in her household's dynastic journey to raise and move out 45 children.

L-R: Yuna (spellcaster) and Yutaka (human), seated on either side of Anahi (human), who was their 45th child to leave the nest.

Number of bills paid: 17 (over 18 weeks)

What did you like most about the challenge?
Three main things boosted my momentum and enthusiasm whenever they started to droop.
* Playing this challenge at the same time as reggikko (a brilliant simmer!): our virtual chats helped me sustain focus and interest.
* Adopting the kids as nooboos: we had more time to "see" their personalities as they grew to embrace different roles/goals in the challenge.
   I was always impatient to usher in the next bunch of kids. So much variety!
* New ways to gain character values: still, I'm grateful for the ruling on early age-ups.

What was the hardest thing about the challenge.
It was so demanding to juggle all the needs and goals of the usually-large household while keeping an eye out for frequent bouts of hysteria (Thanks Grim for resuscitating the kid who died), for children who frequently dropped queues to make a mess, and for kids of all ages who snuck home after "pretending" to leave for school/work.
I shudder to think how hard this challenge had been prior to the addition of spellcasters and mermaids.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2021, 06:10:22 PM »
GlazeyLady - inducted September 18, 2021

GlazeyLady is well known in the challenge community here on the forum and is a member of the Challenge team. She has very proudly completed her first dynasty challenge. You can read all about her 7 heros in the link below:

Aubrie's Heroes completed 20 projects over 145 days

My story is here: Aubrie's Heroes

What I liked best:
I really liked all the variety of the dynasty - so many projects. I also liked that extending life was allowed at any time. I felt like I had plenty of time to do everything I wanted to do.

The biggest challenge:
The biggest challenge for me with any dynasty is having time to play frequently. Every couple of weeks or so, life gets too busy and I have to go three or four weeks at a time without playing. Then it's hard to pick back up and go forward. I stopped and came back to this one several times and it's always hard to regain the momentum - it always seems easier to just start a new one. Which is why I've been so many years without finishing one.  :) But I was really determined to finish this one before I allowed myself to start the next one.