Author Topic: Rules: Runaway Teen Challenge - No Pets Version  (Read 48847 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Rules: Runaway Teen Challenge - No Pets Version
« on: September 14, 2015, 02:57:15 PM »
Runaway Teen Challenge

There are many versions of this challenge around so here is my version:

To start this challenge make your teen sim in CAS. Choose any traits you like but consider not using more than one that will be particularly helpful such as Loves The Outdoors.
Move your teen sim straight onto any empty lot. You do not need to have a YA or Adult sim in your household, teens can live by themselves now in The Sims 4.

Two Purchasing Options:
You can only purchase a bed for your teen or a tent/camping stretcher if you have Outdoor Retreat then using the money cheat reduce your household funds to 0
Or:
Use the money cheat and reduce your household funds to 0 and start on a completely empty lot.

Rules:
1.Your sim must go to school each day and can only take earned holiday days.

2.You may not get a job as a Teen.

3.You may gather wild plants, collectables, fish all you want and use any skilling item on community lots to make money or to help you complete your first aspiration.

4.You can not shower, sleep or cook at sims residential lots until you are a Young Adult.

5.All Reward Traits can be purchased but all potions are banned until you have a house.

6.No initiating conversations with adults and elders. You can only talk to other teens and children to meet your teen's social need. *See notes below

Requirements for Building:
Enough simoleons  to build all at once, a structure including (but not limited to) a kitchen, a bedroom and a bathroom. This can be basic but must include all the necessities.
Completed one Aspiration

Requirements for getting a job as a Young Adult:
A at school on the day your sim ages up to a Young Adult
Completed one Aspiration

Requirements for Using Computers, Phone and Kitchen Appliances:
A house

Traveling at any time is allowed including taking vacation time in Granite Falls as long as no normal school days are missed. (Normal school days = days that are not earned vacation days.)
You can edit community lots and place buildings as you wish, just remember that changes might make your challenge less of a challenge!
There is no scoring as such, the goal is to have an expensive house and a high paying career, basically for your sim to be living the good life after such a rocky beginning.

* Rule 6. A few people asked me about the traditional rule of not talking to adults and elders. I didn't include this originally as sims talk all the time and I didn't want anyone to feel as though they had failed because their sim starts talking to someone at the gym or wherever. So my take on this rule is that only talk to other teens or children for social needs, cancel conversations with adults and elders that get started and do not direct your sim to talk to adults or elders. But don't sweat it if an auto-conversation happens.

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: Runaway Teen Challenge
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 03:49:05 PM »
@Playalot Thanks for adapting this, I know there's some demand for it and it looks both fun and challenging!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 02:25:39 PM »
Looks like a lot of fun! I should give this a try soon when I'm done with my TS4 experimenting.  :)

Offline FishPanda

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 08:44:45 AM »
Thank you for posting this challenge! Even though I've had all of the sims games and at least some of the expansions I've never been part of the community and I've never played according to any of the challenges. I found this post through Carl's Sims 4 guide, and this challenge as well as your runaway story inspired me to play according to your challenge and even try posting my own runaway story. I've never tried playing the game this way before and it's a really fun and completely new way to play the game, adding a lot of challenge as well as interest to it and making me like the Sims 4 a lot more than I've been liking it so far. So thank you!

Offline Mack

• Llama Wrangler
  • Don't fret, or you will miss the fun.
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 10:27:19 AM »
Hello Playalot,

I think I will try this one. Looks like fun and challenging. Just some clarification please:

1) "Requirement for Building": To me "Necessities" means the Kitchen will have a Fridge, a stove, one counter, maybe a garbage can, a fire alarm. The bathroom: a toilet, a shower, maybe a mirror. The bedroom: a bed. Am I missing something? Must the house have painted wall, siding outside etc...? I am assuming also that once the necessities are fulfilled, you can add objects to the house anytime after.

2) My Sims needs to complete a total of 2 aspirations. Once one aspiration is complete my Sims can either get a job or build a house.

3) "Requirement to using computers phones....". My understanding is until you have completed one aspiration, you can use the phone only to travel to community lots. Can you use your phone to invite friends to your lot or talk to them or even visit them?

4) "Traveling at any time is allowed including taking vacation time in Granite Falls as long as no normal school days are missed." Teen must go to school Monday to Friday. Off Saturday and Sunday. When can my teen Sims uses his vacation time?

Thanks.

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift; that's why it's called a present.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 11:28:53 AM »
Okay, I'm gonna give this one whirl .. LOL

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2015, 06:57:30 PM »
Hi @Mack

1. You've got this exactly right. Your house needs those basic items and a sink at least to qualify but it does not need siding, paint, wallpaper, floor coverings. And absolutely keep adding to your house after, the goal is to have the best house you possibly can.

2. Just the one aspiration must be completed in total. For example you may have completed an aspiration and have an A at school and so be eligible for taking a job/career but still not have enough simoleons to build a house. If you want to play it that your sim needs to complete one aspiration to be eligible to build and then another different aspiration to be eligible to take a job... go for it! I left this rule a little ambiguous so that people can change the level of difficulty to suit their play style.

3. You can not use a phone until you have built a house unless it is for interactions that just can not be accessed any other way. For example getting a job or taking a school vacation day. You can travel at any point during the teens life by scrolling way out on the map until your cursor turns into a small magnifying glass or hitting 'M' key on the keyboard. So calling up friends etc is not allowed.

4. Your sim will get 3 school vacation days initially and then be awarded another vacation day when they get an A. So you can use your phone to take these days at any time. I like to take them on a Friday or Monday so that the teen gets a 'long weekend' to work on the aspiration. So by 'normal school days' I mean days that you HAVE to be at school because you have not taken a vacation or you have no vacation days left to take! I'll change that wording to make it a little clearer.

:)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Rules: Runaway Teen Challenge
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2015, 01:58:11 AM »
Well, I've been doing this one and have to say it's been a lot of fun.  Enough so I'll do it again but a bit harder.  I plopped down a lot of things that would allow me to skill up a lot and quickly.  I decided my Sim could not sell an item she gathered till she had two of each.  This did not include plants because no way was I going to garden two of everything.  At the moment her garden is almost all perfect, which was another criteria I set up for myself.  My teen followed the joint rules Playalot posted on her story.  So she was allowed one skill item to carry with, a tent, a fire pit and a place to sit plus a shower.  Everything had to be portable.  So 5 items in all.  She had to mount her fish for her fish collection and I decided she needed to collect everything in this world as a teen but did not have to have alien or "extra" items.  Right now she has done enough of everything to build a house which she did, however making it a Mansion Baron home is going to be a challenge since it is on the fourth build level.  First time around I did it easy, next time I'll make it more challenging.  There's a link to my Runaway story in my signature.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2015, 02:33:42 AM »
Glad you had fun with this Joria. :)

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2016, 04:29:49 AM »
I decided to give this a try for when I'm behind on updating my IDC.

Just wondering how you feel, @Playalot  about using some of the new content, like clubs or lot traits. Should they be restricted?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline commasplice

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2017, 04:30:19 PM »

4.You can not shower, sleep or cook at sims residential lots until you are a Young Adult.
[/quote]

Possibly silly question: does this mean you can shower in your house once you have one? And that you can't go to another lot that has shower, cooking, sleeping facilities?

Nevermind! I figured it out!

Offline HappySimmer

• Nooboo
Runaway teen challenge :school
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2017, 12:06:45 PM »
Isn't it easier not to go to school as then adults (teachers) will see you there and put you up for adoption?
Just asking  :)

Offline commasplice

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2017, 01:55:03 PM »
I've been trying this challenge out and I kind of love it, although it's much much easier when the teen doesn't have to go to school.  The key seems to be not being afraid to use those earned vacation days. I was near completion when my sim got buggy and I had to delete her, but I'm going to try this again.

Offline queeneb

• Nooboo
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2017, 02:13:44 AM »
About to start this challenge made a few tweaks for it because i am going to be streaming it they are minimal though and mostly for looks and game play

first off instead of cheating away all the money i used it to buy plants and foliage that doesn't effect the environment just makes it look more like my sims is roughing it out doors not just squatting in an empty field where any adult and see and be like.. something isn't quite right here...as for when she goes to build then i planned to remove then money.

second change i added one plant that changes things, the Get Together bush so i don't have to travel for her to pee every 5 mins XD

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2017, 08:46:29 PM »
Isn't it easier not to go to school as then adults (teachers) will see you there and put you up for adoption?
Just asking  :)

Sorry about late reply!! Going to school makes the challenge more difficult which is why I included that rule. Otherwise the challenge is just too easy in my opinion. But you play it how you like and enjoy it as that is the main goal, to enjoy what you are doing.  :)