Author Topic: Newcomers in Newcrest (Failed -- Move to Graveyard)  (Read 57856 times)

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
Re: Newcomers in Newcrest (new -- Dec 24)
« Reply #90 on: December 26, 2015, 09:58:46 AM »
Loved the paintings! hehehe.. Luthor is just speeding along, well done.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Newcomers in Newcrest (new -- Dec 24)
« Reply #91 on: December 26, 2015, 12:44:27 PM »
Oirat, Week 7

While our attention was elsewhere, Lipitor and Wendy had a son.

They named him Xarelto when he grew up, Lipitor following his father's tradition of using names that he heard on television.

Xarelto is another genius like his father and grandfather. It wasn't long before he was able to make his own health potions.

He enjoyed having his mother read to him, even though he could read already.

And he also liked playing chess with Lucas Munch, his friend from Garden Gnomes. Of course, Lucas cheated, but Xarelto didn't mind; it was the only way his buddy could win.

One afternoon when he came home from school, he heard some odd noises upstairs. When Xarelto ran up to investigate, he saw that the closet was emitting strange little clouds.

He wrote about the phenomenon in the essay that he had to write for school. For some reason, the teacher thought it was very funny.

One day Xarelto went over to his grandparents' house and asked his grandfather if he could help with his homework. "Mom doesn't understand quadratic equations," he explained. "She keeps getting the formula wrong, and she says things like 'All numbers are imaginary, really, when you think about it.' So could you help me, please, please?"

His grandfather was happy to oblige.

From Xarelto's balcony, he can see a pretty picnic area.

But he likes the pond in Windenburg better because it has ducks.

Going fishing with his dad is probably his favorite thing to do, and Xarelto plans to become an Angling Ace.

Lipitor, meanwhile, has been making progress as a Mixologist, and has built his rocket ship. He's been busy upgrading it ever since an alien beat him in a race.

He had a scare the other night, though, when he belatedly realized that spewing out flames probably wasn't the safest thing to do in the vicinity of something loaded with rocket fuel.

Just because he was a naturalist, didn't mean he could take crazy chances with fire.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Newcomers in Newcrest (new -- Dec 26)
« Reply #92 on: December 26, 2015, 05:27:41 PM »
Yikes that was a close one.  He could of burned up.  Love little Xarelto.  He's adorable and so smart.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #93 on: December 26, 2015, 05:53:35 PM »
Lipitor and Xarelto...I can feel my chance of having a stroke dropping already.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #94 on: December 26, 2015, 06:43:10 PM »
Lipitor and Xarelto...I can feel my chance of having a stroke dropping already.

Ah, you've figured out the naming theme. I've long thought that many painkillers would make great names for fantasy novel characters -- Sir Advil, Count Zoloft, Lord Darvon, Lady Aleve. Prescriptions seem more appropriate for aliens though.

Yikes that was a close one.  He could of burned up.  Love little Xarelto.  He's adorable and so smart.

I don't think you can set the rocket ship on fire although you can crash it. I wouldn't recommend doing that trick around a real one, though. And it was the expression on Lipitor's face that gave me the idea -- sort of an "oops, maybe I shouldn't have done that" look.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #95 on: December 26, 2015, 11:48:55 PM »
Xarelto is a cutey! His personality is already shining through, I also really like how the Grandparents are still so heavily involved.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #96 on: December 27, 2015, 04:20:17 AM »
Welcome Xarelto, 3rd generation in 2 families, its going fast for you. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #97 on: December 28, 2015, 03:33:23 PM »
Baird, Week 7

One night, after we'd finished working, Joaquin and I were exchanging jokes – he'd tell one about penguins, then I'd tell one about ducks --

When I had the bright idea to say, "You know, we have so much fun together, we should become best friends forever." He hugged me, even as I thought what an unromantic thing that had been to say.

And then Joaquin surprised me by going down on one knee and saying, "Besides being best friends, what do you say to getting engaged?"

"Yes!" I shrieked and jumped into his arms, nearly knocking him over. It's high time I quit eating those veggie dogs roasted over the campfire and start doing yoga.

Marigold started crying, so I went inside to feed her. Joaquin followed me inside and suggested that we get married right away.

I think Marigold approved.

The next day her infancy came to an end. She's a goofball like her father, and they joke around a lot.

She enjoys dancing, too.

Joaquin says I still have a lot to learn as a DJ, but at least I can maintain a beat that people can dance to.

I think Marigold is going to be active, like her grandfather, rather than lazy like me. She's becoming quite the rambunctious scamp and loves using the monkey bars.

She also enjoys playing pirate.

She's met a few children at the playground and is getting to be friends with Olivia Spencer? Kim? Lewis? I'm not sure what her last name is, but she's another goofball.

Joaquin is the only one who can get her to sit still long enough to do her homework.

I think her second favorite person is her grandfather. She's been trying to teach him some new dance moves.

I've been working hard and am beginning to get taken seriously as a musician. I've written a few jingles, and my songs are still being sold.

Everything is going well, except that I feel like I'm not making enough progress at the store. It can get pretty chaotic at times, especially when I'm practicing for work, and Marigold is dancing. Luckily Joaquin keeps us on track.

Our house still isn't as nice as Mom's, but now that we've added a roof and a front hall, we've quit getting nasty letters reminding us that Newcrest isn't zoned for trailer parks. They've been anonymous, but I'm pretty sure they're from the Zargons and the Oirats. I think they're just jealous because we live in the best part of town with the prettiest views.

I just wish I had more time. Joaquin and I managed to grab a few minutes on the store's roof the other day to watch the sunset and listen to the seagulls. We hardly ever get to do that anymore.

But there's no way that I'm complaining. Marigold is doing well at school and with her aspiration; I've been promoted at work, and Joaquin and I are madly in love. I've even lost a few pounds!

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Newcomers in Newcrest (new -- Dec 28)
« Reply #98 on: December 29, 2015, 03:39:09 AM »
Marigold is looking so cute.
Im really hoping team Baird will keep the pace and win :)

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #99 on: December 29, 2015, 05:37:07 AM »
Marigold is a cutey! I like all the shots you took of her. Such pretty photos of Newcrest too  :D

Offline Chickwit

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #100 on: December 29, 2015, 12:00:30 PM »
I'm really rooting for the Baird's.

Show those Aliens who the real Sim Shady is...

Wow! Really enjoyed reading this story. I'll be back to follow along. For some reason I feel invested in this now.

P.S. I need to learn to do these soon.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #101 on: December 29, 2015, 12:06:25 PM »
Marigold is adorable! Loved the image of her dancing with grandpa J.
In your previous chapter, you posted an image of the pond in Windenberg.  Where are those ducks? (I haven't found them...)
And I like how you have the week-by-week chapter links for each family as well as a "First Heirs" list where we can link to the latest chapter for each famly.
So convenient for the readers!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #102 on: December 29, 2015, 12:42:14 PM »
@Chickwit, We have a "hints and tips" thread for the Rival Dynasties Challenge at the top of the story board. Glad you're enjoying it. There's also an Immortal Dynasty Challenge, with stories, in the Challenges section.

@oshizu, if you go to the empty lot in the "rural" section of Windenburg -- top left, I think, the pond with the ducks is in the public space around there.

Offline Chickwit

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #103 on: December 30, 2015, 08:46:20 AM »
@MarianT - I went with The Immortal Dynasty Challenge. Fingers crossed I can figure this out as I go. Thanks for the help.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #104 on: December 30, 2015, 01:10:34 PM »
Zargon, Week 8

Luthor had to stay a teen for a while longer, which meant that he had plenty of time on his hands. He started practicing yoga.

And he maxed the rocket science skill. It wouldn't be long before his rocket ship would be fully upgraded.

He also painted. "That doesn't look much like Rhonda," his mother commented.

"It's not anyone, Mom," said Luthor. "It's just a painting."

But Luthor did have someone in mind for the picture – his friend Yuki. For a while he had actually thought that she might be an alien in disguise. Her hair was the same color as his dad's and when she found out he was an alien, she had thought that was cool and hadn't become angry the way most people did.

One day he suggested that they meet in the park. They had a few laughs together, and just before they left, Luthor had the urge to tell her a secret. He'd planned to say something like, "I'm not really an alien – I'm a sim in disguise," but instead what popped out was "I love you."

Luthor was becoming obsessed. He hung the selfie he'd taken of the two of them on his wall and added a painting that he'd done in the square in Windenburg. He locked his front door so that his mother couldn't enter the house.

A couple of days later Yuki nudged him in class and suggested they cut out from school early and go to the Ruins.

"I came here once when I was a kid," he told her. "I was scared that maybe my people had bombed something and made the ruins."

"Aww," said Yuki, "that's sweet."

They lit a bonfire and danced a bit.

Then Yuki disappeared for a few minutes. Luthor felt nervous. Had he said something to offend her? Or had he not said something that she wanted him to say?

"Had to pee," Yuki told him when she came back.

Luthor nodded and then blushed. He'd heard that kids sometimes messed around in the bushes, too. Of course, now that Yuki had peed there, that was out of the question, but...

She stood next to him and put her arm around him.

"There's something I have to tell you," said Luthor. "As soon as I grow up, I have to get married – to someone else. I don't have a choice. I just wish it was you. I'd better go now." He hurried home.

Later that evening he began to feel really sad and he sent her a text. "Why don't you come over?" Yuki texted back. He met her in front of her house, just next to the clock tower.

"My sister Candy's out clubbing," said Yuki. "That's her room, with the DJ Candy doll."

"And this is my room. I have a Yuki doll." She went into her video game cube and started playing.

Luthor watched her for a few minutes, then went back downstairs. He'd had an idea of asking Yuki to move in with him and Rhonda and the baby once they were adults, but he realized now that he couldn't do that. His house was so small, hardly enough room for the child when it came, and Yuki had it good here.

He went home and blew out the candles on his cake.

With that done, he invited Rhonda over. He and Rhonda were good friends, so she agreed to move in with him immediately.

He gave her a rose and started flirting with her.

Inside the bedroom, the flirty painting that he'd put on the wall helped get Rhonda in the mood. It had an effect on Luthor, too.

The next morning Rhonda announced that she was pregnant. "It's going to be a girl," she said. "I can tell because I have a craving for strawberries."

Luthor wasn't sure whether this was true or something Rhonda had made up. It was hard to tell with her, because she was always saying something crazy.

After school let out, Yuki came over. "You don't have to age up," said Luthor.

"You think I want to stay a teen forever?" Yuki said with a laugh. She blew out the candles.

"I don't know how things will work out," said Luthor as he showed her to the door. "You might meet someone else, and if you do, that's fine – I want you to be happy."

"Don't worry," said Yuki. "I will be."

Back inside, he found Rhonda looking at the wall thoughtfully. "You have a lot of pictures of her," she said.

"Yeah," said Luthor. "That blue hair and orange headphones make a good contrast."

"You don't have any pictures of me," said Rhonda.

Luthor felt guilty. "I'll paint some," he promised. He started on a painting, but when he finished it, he realized he couldn't show it to Rhonda – it was too distressing. He sold it, quickly.

He'd start with a photograph, he decided.