Author Topic: Newcomers in Newcrest (Failed -- Move to Graveyard)  (Read 57979 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Newcomers in Newcrest (new -- May 7)
« Reply #210 on: May 16, 2016, 09:58:58 AM »
@Joria, I love the fact that we can use member-created houses in this dynasty. We have so many talented builders that it's great to be able to use their work.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Newcomers in Newcrest (new -- May 7)
« Reply #211 on: May 19, 2016, 02:18:50 PM »
Zargon, Week 17

Although Voldemort has been collecting space rocks for the family museum, he also has to have a complete collection to satisfy the requirements for his aspiration. Since he couldn't count on getting four different kinds of space rock, he's also been working on frogs. And while out collecting, he found himself in Sylvan Glade.

Voldemort called up Lyrica so she could come and see the place.

"Isn't this fantastic?" he enthused. "It reminds me a lot of the planet where I won the race against Dog Girl, only it's pinker."

"I find it hard to believe that you won a race against anyone, let alone someone named Dog Girl," Lyrica said sceptically.

"Well, I did," said Voldemort. "Here's the picture I took of her spaceship."

Lyrica wasn't convinced. "All I  see is a piece of sheet metal. I gotta go."

Voldemort was disappointed, but he wasn't about to give up. The next day he sent Lyrica a happy text, and she suggested they meet at the coffeehouse. "I've got a present for you," he said. "It's a sonic screwdriver – really handy if you're traveling around the space-time continuum."

"Uh, thanks," said Lyrica. "Look at the time – I gotta go."

Now Voldemort felt depressed. "I don't understand what I'm doing wrong," he told his dad. "I've told her all about my adventures in space, but Lyrica doesn't seem impressed at all."

Coleman laughed. "I've found that people – not just women – generally prefer being complimented to being impressed. Try complimenting her on her grades instead of bragging about yours."

Meanwhile, Braylon has been alleviating the tedium of high school by bringing home various objects. Voldemort called him on it one afternoon. "Since when did you become a Justin fan?" he asked.

Braylon shrugged. "Some girl had it hanging in her locker."

"And she gave it to you?"

"Welll...You're not going to tell, are you?"

"No," said Voldemort, "but I think you should."

"Yeah, but Mom will go ballistic when she finds out."

"There is that," said Voldemort.

A few days (and posters) later, Coleman was hanging out in the boys' room when he noticed the new decorations on the wall. "Where did these come from?" he asked. "Malfoy, do you know?"

"You'd better ask Braylon," said Malf.

"Hey, you guys promised not to tell," said Braylon.

"Voldemort did, I didn't," said Malf. "Just because we're twins doesn't mean we're the same person."

"I can't help it if I'm a kleptomaniac," Braylon groused.

"Granted," said Coleman, "but you must see that it could be very embarrassing for your mother if you stole something big. I'm afraid you're grounded until you move into a place of your own. And we do have to discuss it with her."

Eris was not happy. "I suppose we should be grateful you haven't taken anything worth more than a thousand simoleons. I would have to send you to jail then."

"Mom!" Braylon protested.

"Well, if I thought it would do any good, I would send you – a night in jail certainly straightened out my act. But since you're a kleptomaniac, you're not going to change. Your father has the right idea – we'll just keep you at home and hope that you don't get caught at school."

"I won't get caught," said Braylon. "I'm actually pretty good."

"That's not something to boast about," Coleman and Eris said simultaneously.

One night Eris was summoned to meet with the Zargon commander.

"You seem to be making progress rather slowly," the commander observed.

"I've finished upgrading the rocket ship," protested Eris, "and I just need one more promotion."

"And I understand that your son is getting romantically involved with an Oirat?"

"Only because there aren't any more suitable women around."

"Relax," said the commander. "The Oirat commander and I have discussed the matter and decided that we can negotiate a truce. Your son can marry this Oirat, and in exchange, the Oirats will let us have full domination over the next Sim world. I'm sure you'll agree that's a pretty sweet deal."

Eris wasn't sure whether she was relieved or worried. Coleman had told her about Voldemort's romantic woes. Now it appeared that the fate of the Galaxy depended on whether he could get Lyrica to marry him.

Eris was happy when she did get her promotion the next day – Chief of Police, finally.

Now all the pressure was on Voldemort. The calendar next to his computer reminded him how little time was left before he would become a young adult.

Playing games was supposed to help him relax, and it did a little. But no matter how many times he hit a virtual ball out of the virtual park, it seemed that he couldn't make much progress on his gaming skill.

At least he did have his two portraits and a collection of space rocks – something that he'd thought would take forever.

He dropped them off at the family museum and set about making friends with his grandmother.

"I heard from the Zargon commander," said Aniara. "I guess if it ends the war in our favor, it's okay for you to marry that girl. But don't go showing her our special handshake. It's for Zargons only."

The day of Voldemort's and Malf's birthday finally arrived. They celebrated early in the morning so they wouldn't have to go to school.

In the afternoon, Voldemort invited Lyrica over for cake, and she became a young adult, too.

Eris sat down to have a talk with her. "You do realize that marrying Voldemort will bring an end to the centuries-old war between our people, don't you?"

"But I'm not sure I want to marry Voldemort," Lyrica complained. "I know he's a genius and all, but really, he can be pretty conceited sometimes."

Eris was furious. A delicate truce had finally been worked out – favoring the Zargons, of course, but that was the way it should be – and this, this teeny-bopper was going to wreck everything because she thought Voldemort was conceited. Eris had no choice – she performed the rarely seen Zargonian mind zap.

"Will. Marry. Voldemort," Lyrica intoned.

After having cake, they settled down to watch a sci-fi comedy and laugh at the strange notions that Sims had about people from other planets.

The next morning, Coleman got his final notice from the Grim Reaper.

"I've got to go to work," said Eris, "but I wanted to take this moment to tell you that living with you has been the most joyful time of my life. And don't you dare die until I get home this afternoon."

Coleman waited as long as he could, but the Grim Reaper wouldn't give him any more time. "You're already 275," he said. "That's 13 score and fifteen, way, way above average."

Coleman tried to say that he understood, but he couldn't make his mouth work. Eris, Braylon, and Malf all rushed into the room to say good-bye. Voldemort was off collecting frogs.

R.I.P. Coleman. You were a great dynasty spouse – a good painter, and a calming influence on your three sons. You'll be missed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Newcomers in Newcrest (new -- May 19)
« Reply #212 on: May 19, 2016, 02:39:14 PM »
Oh, no!  Not Coleman!  Another great update which I finally had the time to joyfully read.  Love the romance between the two teens, now young adults.  I wonder what the future will bring?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #213 on: May 19, 2016, 03:23:58 PM »
Congratulations to Eris on reaching Level 10 Detective!
I enjoy so much the way you bring objects in your screenshots into your storyline.

Poor Braylon--a grounded klepto will suffer the Need to Swipe moodlet. My sim was stuck with this negative moodlet since he couldn't visit other lots.
I'm looking forward to seeing how you overcome it. He couldn't swipe food in public grilling areas.

The interaction between the three boys is so cute. Poor nerdy Voldemort and his romantic clumsiness.
I wish him every success in wooing Lyrica--lol, Mom even gets into the act.

R.I.P. Coleman--how sad that Grim would not let him celebrate Eris' final promotion with her.

P.S. I was wondering why you would move Braylon out when Voldemort will be leaving home soon.
Is it a storyliine element, where his theft has become an embarrassement to his Chief of Police mother?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #214 on: May 19, 2016, 03:43:19 PM »
@oshizu Actually Braylon can't move out because of the rules, at least not until Voldemort does. And I'll probably let him stay in the house, since culling doesn't seem to be that much of a problem.

@Joria, I was sad to see Coleman go, too. This is only the second death -- one good thing about the challenge is that your sims do die less frequently since you usually quit playing them soon after they become elders. I guess it offsets the fact that you have to make enemies.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #215 on: May 19, 2016, 06:13:30 PM »
That was a nice update. The poor Zargons have so much trouble in one aspect or another, it seems. Though, wow, did not see Eris mind-zapping Lyrica to ensure she joined the cause. That's just...yeah. Better not let that info get out, Eris, there are still some Oirats around who could kick your butt. How close are the Zargons to actually catching up to the Bairds?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #216 on: May 19, 2016, 08:04:00 PM »
@dontmindme, The Zargons are about a week behind the Bairds, but they started at 2 weeks behind because it took Aniara so long to find an alien spouse. And as long as they can move out the 6th generation before the Bairds are ready to move out the 7th, the win will be decided by the monetary amount of the respective museums.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Newcomers in Newcrest (new -- June 5)
« Reply #217 on: June 05, 2016, 03:07:24 PM »
Baird, Week 17

Dear Diary,

The big news is that Lucas and I have a baby girl! Her name is Lilac, and she is just perfect, with the tiniest fingers and toes. She's a real daddy's girl – Lucas looks after her while I go to work.

Which is not to say that Lucas isn't working too. We're getting a good income from his paintings. We hung his first masterpiece in the bedroom.

And we donated the second to the Museum. Lucas said that the honor of being on the same wall as "Silhouette with Trumpet" was enough for him, but from now on, we're expecting cash.

All too soon Lilac's infancy came to an end. She inherited Lucas's blond hair and gray eyes and my near-sightedness.

She's creative like Lucas, too, and already has quite a talent for drawing.

However, drawing isn't her greatest interest. She begged and pleaded with Lucas for a dollhouse.

Fortunately, my books have been selling like hotcakes, and we have plenty of money rolling in. (I write  late at night when the house has settled down.)

So Lilac got her dollhouse. It's not the fanciest one, but even the smaller version nearly fills up her bedroom.

She cuddled up next to me one evening after storytime and confided that what she really wants to do is to cook for people and throw parties. "And do you think maybe I could own a restaurant one day?" she asked. I told her we would have to check with her grandmothers.

We asked the family over the next day. Mom couldn't make it, but Grandmothers Dahlia and Azalea came. They weren't too keen on the restaurant idea, and they kept commenting on the fact that Lilac had broken the Baird tradition of red-heads. That made her pretty cross, but luckily they left before she could say anything rude.

I've been really busy at work and also busy trying to become as good a writer as my dad so I could produce a Book of Life for Lucas and Lilac. The other day I found a sweater in Lucas's drawer that was so warm and snuggly that it seemed to melt all the tension I'd been carrying in my shoulders. He said I could keep it. I said he was welcome to wear any of my clothes, but he laughed and said he'd stick with the ones he had, thank you.

Lucas worked at the store for me one day, and did really well. He attributes his success to buying some advertising, but I think he has the makings of a good salesman.

He says he'd rather do re-stocking though and leave the customer interaction to me.

We both worked on Saturday. Lilac got this picture of Lucas giving me a good-luck smooch just before the customers started arriving.

We sent her outside to practice the violin. Our main concern was that she put in her hours for the Artistic Prodigy aspiration, but it turned out that she was quite a drawing card. People just couldn't resist the sight of a little girl playing the violin...

...and then they couldn't stand to be in earshot, so they came into the store. It was a relief to everyone – Lilac included – when she finished practicing. Meanwhile, I found that I've gotten quite rusty at ringing people up. It took me forever to do a simple sale.

No perks yet at the store, and I don't think we've recouped the money that Lucas spent on advertising, but I do think we're off to a good start. I've landed a permanent job on the Willow Creek Gazette,  Lucas is painting masterpieces, and Lilac came home from school with a B average. That's all for now, Sharon.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #218 on: June 05, 2016, 05:34:58 PM »
Yay, more Newcomers. Aww, Lilac is adorable. Don't listen to your Grams, Lilac, it doesn't matter whether you're blonde or a red-head. The Bairds are trucking right along, I wish them the best!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #219 on: June 05, 2016, 06:27:15 PM »
@MarianT

I've been thinking about your previous update about the Zargons. Coleman died because of the week delay in getting married? That is, if Vold had been born a week earlier, might he have been able to leave in time so Coleman would have stopped ageing? Just wondering.

Sharon and Lucas have a heart-warming relationship. How funny that sims would be drawn to Lilac playing her violin then escape into the family store!
And thank you for sharing the information about how close this race is!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #220 on: June 08, 2016, 01:55:59 PM »
Just to let everyone know -- I'm getting a new computer! (Happy dance, happy dance) Hopeful that will mean better quality screenshots for you all to look at.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #221 on: June 08, 2016, 04:06:59 PM »
New computers are awesome!  *claps for the happy dance*

New screenshots are nice but I think your stories are nice with the ones you use already!
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #222 on: June 08, 2016, 05:50:28 PM »
@Ricalynn, Aww, thanks, but I am looking forward to better graphics. I'm on the lowest possible setting at the moment, and my laptop still heats up.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #223 on: June 15, 2016, 02:14:54 PM »
Zargon, Week 18
Cue opening bars of "Also Sprach Zarathustra." Thanks to the transition to a new universe (also known as a computer), Sims have shadows now...

And Aniara looks even scarier with all those wrinkles.

Meanwhile Malfoy is suffering from a fit of sibling rivalry. "I'm better-looking than he is. I'm nicer. He's older than me by only one nano-second. He gets to play video games and have a girlfriend. It's not fair."

Ah, Malf, the life of a dynasty heir is not all video games and sweethearts. Voldemort also has to breed frogs and do freelance programming to get his skill up. (Note the irony in the fact that Voldemort is using the desk and computer that were Eris's rewards for becoming Chief of Police while looking at two of the posters stolen by Braylon.)

And there's always the possibility that your lover will break your heart by dying while you're still alive.

As soon as Chez Llama opened, Voldemort decided to take his great-grandparents, his grandmother, and Lyrica out to dinner. He still needed to score a few more points with Aniara in order to become good friends. The table wasn't big enough for 5, so Guy sat by himself.

Lyrica played in safe with Glacier-infused lettuce, but everyone else sampled the treats from Sixam. As could be expected, Aniara didn't think it was as good as her mother used to make.

The meal was such a success that Voldemort repeated it as soon as he finished maxing programming. This time he invited both his brothers -- and Lyrica, of course. Aniara was delighted when she discovered that they had Sixam pit beast on the menu, and she closed her eyes so she could savor the putrid pungent odor.

Voldemort turned to say something to Lyrica, who was complimenting him on his new formal outfit -- "much more dashing than that brown thing you wore last time." He spotted the founder of his rival. He still had to make an enemy before he could move out. "No time like the present," his great-grandmother said. Voldemort went over to Dahlia and J and introduced himself rudely.

After dinner, Voldemort went over to the Bairds' house. J went inside. When Dahlia reproached him later, he said, "You don't really expect a fight from a guy in black tie and tails."

And truth to tell, Dahlia was more than a match for him. Voldemort ended up quite dazed by the experience.

Coleman was hanging around when Voldemort prepared to leave home. "Any advice, Dad?" he asked. Coleman just gave him a wink and swooped behind him to possess the end table.

Voldemort chose the lot next to Lyrica's for his home, and he ordered a house from @Gogowars329 Realty.
No sooner had he moved in than Lyrica came over with her mother and grandparents. "Hey, I had to meet your family," she said when he protested. "The least you can do is eat some of my grandmother's fruit cake."

While the female Oirats trooped inside, Lipitor motioned to Voldemort to stay outside. "I don't like this arrangement one bit," he said. "I know what you Zargons are like. If you cause my little darling one second's unhappiness..." He lowered at Voldemort threateningly.

"Let's get out of here," Voldemort whispered to Lyrica, and they went to the park in Willow Creek. "We don't have much time," Voldemort apologized. "The Bairds are gaining on us." In rapid succession, he kissed Lyrica...

...asked her to be his girlfriend and kissed her passionately...

...and proposed.

They got married on the spot and returned home to try for baby -- successfully.

After a very slow start in their teens, their romance progressed so rapidly that Voldemort didn't find out about Lyrica's third trait until the next morning when he heard her ranting at the sofa. Yes, Lyrica is insane.

But she is willing to channel her energies into painting while she waits for the baby to be born. She's been eating strawberries, too.

Voldemort got a job as a Tech Guru and was able to purchase the Hardly Hungry trait. He hasn't bought a rocket ship kit yet; he spent his money instead on enlarging the house a bit with a staircase up to the roof.

After his first day at work, he decided to play his new video game, Hillock II. He was surprised at how relaxing it was to drop meteors on a few buildings.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Newcomers in Newcrest (new -- June 15)
« Reply #224 on: June 15, 2016, 04:07:19 PM »
A big congrats to Vold for the move and all the events leading up to Lyrica getting pregnant!

Seems like you are loving your new computer and its high-rez graphics! But you've always been so great at framing shots!
I'll miss Malf!
I'm officially rooting for the Zargons!

anything