Author Topic: Newcomers in Newcrest (Failed -- Move to Graveyard)  (Read 57969 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Newcomers in Newcrest (new -- June 15)
« Reply #225 on: June 29, 2016, 10:31:02 PM »
Baird, Week 18
Dear Diary,
This week I'll be writing almost entirely about Lilac. Lucas and I have been busy, of course: Lucas becoming a Painter Extraordinaire and I getting promoted to a level 7 Journalist. Lilac, though, has been a real heroine.
She was awoken one night by a loud noise, she said, and discovered a monster in her room.

Once she got over her initial fright, though, Lilac decided to talk to the monster and see what it wanted.

"I want someone to play with me," the monster growled (Lilac imitating its voice). So she got out her Munchkin doll from the dollhouse and a car for her to go and visit the monster in.

"What a wonderful imagination she has," I told Lucas, and then Lilac brought me the picture that she'd taken of the monster. It looked to me like a very large dust bunny (note to self: must vacuum), but Lucas claimed to be much impressed.

When I got home from work on Monday, I peeked in Lilac's room and saw that she'd been doing some decorating. There was the photo she'd taken of the "monster," and next to it was another creature -- another monster, perhaps?

I asked her about it, and she immediately went into pleading mode. "It's a Voidcritter, Mom, all the kids have one, oh please, can I get one and a battle station to train it on?"
Through gritted teeth, Lucas warned me, "I already said she could if you said yes." Making me the bad guy if I said no.

"O-kay," I said, "but you do have to finish your Artistic Prodigy aspiration, and if your grades start to slip, we'll have to put the battle station away. How much does it cost?"
I almost fainted when she told me the price. "But I can use the one at the Library," Lilac said. "And I'm pretty sure I can get a card for free..."

She didn't tell me how she planned to get one. When I found out that she'd gone dumpster-diving for a card, I said we'd get her some more cards when she came home with an A.

The next afternoon, she and I went over to the Library. "It's a Veild," she informed me, as she set it up to do battle with a hapless Freezer Bunny. "It comes from the void and is very mysterious, but it looks after the other void element creatures, so it's not all bad."

"Wow, look at that!" she squealed. "The Freezer Bunny was almost sucked into the Void. Way to go, Veild!" It didn't look all that terrible to me, so I wished her luck and said I had to go interview the librarian for my job.

Presently some other children came into the library. They immediately formed a club of Voidcritter enthusiasts. Lilac did battle with one of them and lost. She was a good sport about it, though. "I just need to practice more," she said.

For a few days, Voidcritters were Lilac's only topic of conversation. Lucas got her five more cards, two of which were duplicates. She got a Wickyn and a Wisp, two more void element creatures ("No, Mom, they're not the same as the other Voidcritters -- they fight with the void element") and a water element creature that looks like a yellow rubber ducky. But she did finish her aspiration and get an A, so I wasn't about to complain. Even so, the next time we went to the library, I asked her to spend some time with the puppet theater. "Okay," she said, "but you have to promise not to watch." "Stage fright?" I asked, and she nodded.

She decided to do the play about two children lost in the woods.

When it was over, I asked her how it went. "I was awful," said Lilac. "I dropped my script and then lost my place when I picked it up and stuck my hand up without a puppet on it -- it was too embarrassing. Can I get my hair cut?"

The abrupt change of subject took me by surprise, but I said yes. We even got her some new clothes, too. The next day when I came home from work, she was sitting on the couch, chatting with a boy. My little girl didn't look so little any more.

They were discussing the new TV show -- Simland Bandstand. DeShawn was a big fan, but he is a good kid, too.

DeShawn also has a voidcritter, and he and Lilac battled each other on Saturday while Lucas and I ran the store. What with work and having to interview people for stories, I'm able to get over there only on the weekend.

That evening Lilac did her last bit of redecorating -- getting a new bed and adding pictures she'd drawn of monsters.

The next day her dad added one last touch -- a superhero swooping in to save her from any monsters that might still be lurking under the bed. "It was sweet of him," Lilac said, sounding very grown-up, "but really I'm not scared of the monster anymore. Once you've fought a Yorier and a Bubalus, a mere monster just isn't that fearsome."

As I got up to leave, she had a request. "Do you think I should pass the dollhouse on to some younger girl? I'd like to get my own stereo, and there isn't enough room."
"When you become a teen," I said firmly. "It won't be long." Only a few more days, I thought. I don't know whether I'll feel happy or sad. That's all for now, Sharon

When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: Newcomers in Newcrest (new -- June 29)
« Reply #226 on: June 29, 2016, 11:25:04 PM »
Aww, the little girl has become a tween! Loved this chapter. You really showcased the new pack nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #227 on: June 29, 2016, 11:55:56 PM »
Thank you for introducing the new stuff pack.
Lilac grew up so quickly!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #228 on: June 30, 2016, 08:29:45 PM »
I love Lilac's tween room!  I'm about to do a bit of remodeling inside as well because that new kid stuff is just irresistible.  I wish they had given us some new wallpaper for kids/tweens.  The other stuff is either boring or too young.  You really are moving right along with this.  Love it!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #229 on: July 27, 2016, 10:51:16 AM »
Zargon, Week 19

The most important news for Voldemort was the birth of his daughter Medusa.

Lyrica was pleased, too -- at first.

As Medusa grew up, Lyrica felt more and more how unfair it was that the Zargons should be triumphing over the Oirats. The rocketship being built in the back yard was a Zargon project, for example.

And Voldemort got to go work at an interesting job as a tech guru while she had to stay at home and paint. She was just as much of a genius as he was, even if she was a little insane.

"She's your daughter, too," Voldemort would say. "She's part Oirat. If you help her do her requirements, then you'll be helping an Oirat to succeed." So Lyrica played chess with Medusa.

She read to her for the requisite two hours. "The Oirats were the chosen people, and they soon occupied the world of the Sims, bringing about a golden age..."
"That's not what the book says, Mom," Medusa objected. "That word definitely isn't 'Oirats.'"

Lyrica snapped one day when she was supposed to be helping Medusa with her homework. "Mom, there aren't any Oirats in the history book," said Medusa. "Well, there should be!" Lyrica shouted, and kept on shouting.

After that, Voldemort took over the parenting duties, spraying Medusa's room for monsters...

...and explaining that even if there were monsters, she was a Zargon and therefore vastly superior to them.

When Voldemort wasn't around, Medusa spent time by herself, concocting health potions on the roof.

One day, while chopping onions (and she a certifiable genius!), Lyrica had a brilliant idea. She would have another child and raise him or her in accordance with the requirements. That child would take the Oirat name and revive the race's fortunes. All she needed was a little cooperation...

"I'm pregnant!" she announced cheerily one evening.
"What?" said Voldemort. "We don't have room for another child. And if you don't mind my saying this, you don't seem all that concerned about the child we already have."
"That's because she's a Zargon," said Lyrica. "This child will be an Oirat. We'll move out as soon as she's born."
"You can't do that," said Voldemort. "It's against the rules."

The next evening Lyrica found herself being hauled before the Oirat commander.
"We have a treaty with the Zargons!" the commander shouted.
"I never signed anything," said Lyrica.
The commander shook his head. "After 500 years of war, we get a chance for peace, and you want to wreck everything. We've won -- don't you get it? An Oirat will be establishing the foothold in Newcrest."
"But she's a Zargon!" Lyrica complained.
"She's as much an Oirat as the child you're carrying," said the commander. "Oh, I don't know why I waste my time arguing with a crazy woman. Do what you want with the baby, but you're not moving out. Understand?"
Lyrica returned home chastened.

But her sadness didn't last. The commander had given her permission to do what she wanted as long as she didn't move out. She could work with that -- Ow!  Ow, ow, and double ow! She suddenly realized that it was time for the hope of the Oirats to be born.

Sparkles surrounded her, and Lyrica named her baby Lunesta. "Together, we'll take over the world," she whispered.

But later that day, she saw that Voldemort had set up something he called a bird feeder. Lyrica knew better -- it was a spying device.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: Newcomers in Newcrest (new -- July 27)
« Reply #230 on: July 27, 2016, 01:39:53 PM »
Oh dear. Those Oirats and Zargons will just never live in peace, will they? Love this chapter. Such intrigue!

Curveball

« Reply #231 on: July 27, 2016, 02:10:11 PM »
Just read through all of this rooting for the Zargons all the while. But noo, the dastardly Oirat are sabotaging the dynasty from the inside! *ominous musical cue* Can't wait to see what happens next with the surveillance equipment :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #232 on: July 27, 2016, 04:02:02 PM »
I feel kind of sad and worried for Lunesta.  With all that tension between her parents and Mom favoring her over Medusa it might not make for a happy childhood at all.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #233 on: July 27, 2016, 04:31:41 PM »
Tell Lyrica that I wouldn't mind staying home and not having to work...not at all!

Is her insanity to blame for filling her head with unreasonable ideas?  The poor children!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #234 on: July 28, 2016, 09:20:32 PM »
@FrancescaFiori, Lyrica was never that keen on getting involved with Voldemort. Since he's an attractive *cough* guy, I figure it's because of national prejudice.

@Curveball, I'm rooting for the Zargons, too -- except when I'm working on the Bairds.

@Joria and @oshizu, Now, now -- these are the Sims. Medusa and Lunesta are going to turn out just fine, sort of. And yes, Lyrica does have the insane trait.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #235 on: August 24, 2016, 02:51:59 PM »
Baird, Week 19

Dear Diary,

Lilac had her birthday the other morning. I was still asleep at the time, but she didn't want a party, just her and Lucas. That's a little strange considering that her aspiration is to be a Party Animal, but I guess I understand.

She turned out to be really pretty, at least that's what I think. She has her dad's blond hair and deep gray eyes. Fortunately, she outgrew the near-sightedness that she inherited from me.

Lilac started cooking almost immediately. I'm not sure what dish gave her such a rash, but it's something she doesn't intend to make again.

She signed up for a job as a Fry Cook right away. Lucas gave her some tips on how to get inspired even in a low-level job and encouraged her to learn as much as she could from the experience.

When she's not doing homework, or going to school, or working, you can find her in front of the television watching cooking shows. I must say, they make a nice change from voidcritters.

Lilac is so creative and good, like her dad, that it's hard to find fault with her. But I do wish she would dress differently. I don't like her going to school in torn clothing -- I make good money as a journalist and published author and Lucas gets top dollar for his painting, so we certainly can afford to buy her clothing that isn't falling apart. But she says it's all the fashion.

We had an interesting visitor the other day. Jasmine Holiday came over and said the Watcher had sent her to help us out. Lilac has been galloping through cooking and gourmet cooking ever since, and I managed to finish my writing skill, which will help with my progress at work.

It also means that I can make it possible for Lucas and Lilac to work long hours at the store without getting tired by reading the epics I wrote for them. As for me, I use Moodlet Solvers.

I think shoppers make up their minds more quickly nowadays. That's a good thing, for the most part, but it means we get a bit rushed. Sometimes we have to close down the store just so we can re-stock.

Lilac's great-great grandmother Dahlia came into the store the other day. She and Lilac really hit it off, which was a relief after Lilac's childhood encounter with her.

Great-grandmother Dahlia reminded us that it was time to paint Lilac's portrait, and we assured her the situation was under control. Lucas had painted one of her doing yoga, but Lilac didn't like it for some reason.

His second effort is much better. The critics might not consider it a masterpiece, but I like it.

Before I knew it, my midlife birthday had crept up on me (cake made by Lilac).

I've accomplished almost everything I need to: I'm an editor-in-chief with one more promotion to go. I scored a lot of points at work by hiring a young hotshot political writer whose opinions keep people reading (and we've only had a few cancellations). We're making progress at the store, getting serious shoppers and checking them out more quickly. I'm looking forward to finishing up there so we can start partying for Lilac's aspiration.
'Til next week, Sharon

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: Newcomers in Newcrest (new -- August 24)
« Reply #236 on: August 24, 2016, 03:11:35 PM »
Lilac is super lovely! I had to laugh about her mother not approving of her clothes, and the yoga portrait! Too funny!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #237 on: August 24, 2016, 04:20:03 PM »
I love the portrait of mother and daughter facing each other ("As for me, I use moodlet solvers.") We can see just how much they resemble each other!
Sharon and Lucas have done so well and accomplished so much. But, oh, Party Animal--that's a time-consuming one!
Good luck, Lilac! It seems you've inherited the best from both parents!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #238 on: August 29, 2016, 09:40:38 PM »
Lilac is so lovely.  Really has gotten the best of both parents hasn't she?

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Narinn2045

• Townie
« Reply #239 on: August 30, 2016, 10:14:17 AM »
I'm very glad that I've stumbled across your story. Lilac is beautiful. Will she be running a restaurant after all?
Current Stories
The Zanre Legacy