Author Topic: Refreshed, Recycled: An Immortal Dynasty (Updated: 07/08/16)  (Read 64838 times)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Re: Refreshed, Recycled: An Immortal Dynasty - Ch. 27
« Reply #240 on: May 18, 2016, 08:25:48 AM »
27: Chant Holiday ~ Part One

The Chants were on holiday. They had the money to buy a private little island and so they packed their bags (mostly consisting of swim wear) and rode a boat to Enchanted Island. Surprisingly, it was the adults who goofed off taking endless selfies.

Ru and Lei were discussing her sudden interest in writing her own music and lyrics. As spares they we spoilt for choice on what careers to pursue and Lei was changing her mind every day – she wanted to be an artist, a musician, a professional dancer and a DJ all at the same time.

“Um... This is the first time I’ve seen you... topless,” she said, blushing and giggling to herself.

“I have been working out a lot and felt a sudden need to walk around in my shorts.”

I wonder if Oshizu had something to do with that?

As Kessy had eaten her Ambrosia, Lana and Mitch were spending quality time together – something they’d been banned to do until now.

“Are you all right, love?”

“Yes, dad. I’m still mad at mum and she hasn’t even apologised yet,”

“She’ll come around. Max isn’t a bad guy, although I did have a conversation with him that may have been a little harsh seeing as you both get on like a house on fire,”

“He doesn’t mean to be evil and depressed at the same time, it’s just the way he is and it’s better off for everyone if mum just accepts that. Anyway, I want to show you something!”

She got to her feet and climbed the steps to the top of the diving platform and performed a perfect backflip.

“Yes, I finally did it!”

“Daddy, let’s make s’mores,”

“After this game,”

“Now, daddy!”

“Lei I need to win against dad, go bother mum.”

“Ouch, hot hot hot!”

“Hee hee. Why couldn’t Lana fall for a nice boy like you?”

“I’m nice too,”

“I hope you’re not implying that you find my teenage daughter attractive, Paolo,”

“I – No, I meant nothing by it. Please don’t look at me like that,”

“Sure is a sharp stick, right Paolo?”

“I think that’s Mitch calling for me, be right back,”

“Relax, I was joking.”

Lana called Ru as her backup volleyball partner. “Go get him, Ru!”

The ball bounced off Mitch’s head and sent him tumbling backwards. Lana and Ru cheered and Lei went to ‘comfort’ her father.

Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Refreshed, Recycled: An Immortal Dynasty (Updated: 18/05/16)
« Reply #241 on: May 18, 2016, 12:59:30 PM »
What a fantastic idea to create an island retreat!
I'm not sure how you do it, but the water looks so inviting--the sparkling, the view of the bottom, the plants!
Everyone's been working out and it shows!  When did Mitch get that buff!?
Oh I see, he's been hiding that under the shirts, lol. *wipes glasses with special cloth and, for good measure, the computer monitor's screen, too

I love Lana's view from the  back, holding a little cocktail drink. And I love them tossing the beach ball around!
Everyone looks fantastic! I giggled when Lei giggled at Ru's new shirtless look. Those two spend a suspicious amount of time together....

"...Why couldn't Lana fall for a nice boy like you?"
Indeed, but I'm sure you have some devious surprise for us in that connection.
Looked like there were so many "party bushes" in the images--was that just the angle of the shots or has this resort been designed with the population in mind?

Kessy is gorgeous as always. I adore her little half-smile as she contemplates the relationship between Paolo's "I'm nice, too!" remark and her roasting stick.
Please don't hurt Paolo. We are very partial!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #242 on: May 18, 2016, 01:19:01 PM »
What a wonderful surprise update!  I love the set up you did with the lot that you placed them on.  That was truly inspired.  All the poses, the ball and conversation!  I loved it all. 

Though I have to agree with Oshizu on several points - the Lei/Ru conversation, Kessy's face, and Mitch looks so much better in your dynasty than anywhere else I've seen him.  Makes me want to check him out for future use maybe >.> 

*ahem*  Great update!
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #243 on: May 18, 2016, 01:24:50 PM »
Oh man! That vacation looks spectacular!!
"Sure is a sharp stick..." you get him Kessy! Haha.
I think Ru has got to be one of my favorites. He's just so handsome! <3 Lei and Lana are really gorgeous! Mitch and Kessy have some great genes!

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #244 on: May 18, 2016, 02:50:52 PM »
@oshizu I only wish it were true, in future I will build my own version after scouting out the perfect location. The lot I used is for the history challenge (community lot) and I replaced the Villareal's home for the views. It's CC heavy so it had to be in a new save or my game would surely have crashed. Did you notice the body hair on Mitch? Is that enough fanservice or should I provide more?  :P This lot looks especially lovely from noon onwards as you mentioned the sparkling water. Lei looked suspiciously happy during her chat with Ru, you certainly have influenced her, lol. I want more 'activities' poses, Mitch is correctly using a volleyball pose but Ru has  the tennis pose.

@Ricalynn I would love to see you play around with Mitch, others have made similar comments so I'd love to see how he does in other stories. His lazy trait did get in the way when I first had him workout but once he maxed fitness he was happy to autonomously use the treadmill and weight machine.

@LivvieLove I was going to have something a little more subtle but when I read it out loud it didn't sound family friendly at all so I had to change that sentence fast  :-[ I'm glad you like Ru, he's as awesome as his mum. I tried getting him and Lana to flirt but it caused them to be embarrassed and I left it at that, lol.

I'll share pictures from the real holiday after the next part - it was just as fun =D

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #245 on: May 18, 2016, 03:11:21 PM »
@Nettlejuice 
I did notice the body hair but I refrained from mentioning it because I hadn't realized you were using a different file. I'd decided to just enjoy it silently, lol.
Plus, Mitch puckering his lips in the first screenshot--too adorable!

As for me, I caved in to temptation and started using it in my 'official' AC file. Whatever, I'm not scoring that challenge anyway. (-_^)
Be on the alert, Lei! I think we may be cosmic sisters!

Wow, an update so cc-heavy it needed a separate file! I'm really glad we could experience scenes like this, thanks to you!
Will Lei and Ru's teen phases overlap at all?
So that's what happened with Lana and Ru--I couldn't figure out why they weren't an item. I guess they turned out like siblings or something.
Looking forward to the "real holiday," too.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #246 on: May 18, 2016, 05:38:10 PM »
Aw! I was wondering if I missed something or what, because I was totally over here rooting for Lana and Ru to discover their love for each other suddenly...
You're so good to them. If I were doing a file like that it's "you marry who I say you marry and that's that."
Even if it is like pulling teeth. Haha. I still will root for Ru!

I also have to say that (granted I don't play the sims 4) I love all the CC you've brought in! It almost makes me want to play the Sims 4! You take amazing screenshots!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #247 on: May 18, 2016, 06:39:10 PM »
@oshizu Lei is the same age as Lana/Ru for two days only as a teen. However, Lana stopped aging during her pregnancy so she and Ru don't share a birthday now. I am torn about Lei, she hasn't shown interest in anyone (even Greg) and I would feel bad about pushing her to get pregnant just to satisfy my curiosity about what she'd be like as a mother and the child's gene. I won't force her into anything. This file lagged a lot too and the CC is mostly liberated trees/plants/rocks from all packs and some of those trees are enormous o.o

@LivvieLove I wish I was more like sometimes, hurt my Sims feelings to get my own way. I've kept my CC Maxis match (it's taken a year to get the perfect look), alpha does not suit my game at all which sucks when you see an awesome hairstyle that looks ugly with my graphics card. I think I enjoy taking screenshots a lot more than writing. Now that I've re-read the chapter I noticed Paolo's line sounds similiar to something Alistair says (DA:O): Please don’t look at me like that.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #248 on: May 18, 2016, 07:04:00 PM »
Lana pregnant? Oh, I guess your gameplay is ahead of your story a little. When Lei's a teen, you can take her clubbing and see who she likes, maybe.
Loved Alistair but picked Zevran because...endings.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #249 on: May 18, 2016, 08:03:03 PM »
@Nettlejuice your hard work really shows. It's really beautiful. I have a hard time introducing things that don't "fit" with the game into my own game. It's kind of jarring when you see everything meshing except that one hair, it really throws me off.
Oh, and I can't help but notice your other response: don't feel bad about Lei, I really feel like Sims personalities show brightest when you just let them show you what they want. Give her some time and she might surprise you!
As for making them bend to your will, it's "tough love" for me. Sure, you don't like it now, but we'll pursue options you like in time, once you give me the heir. XD ::) I'm so cruel to my poor simmies sometimes.

Sorry to hear about your lag problem though. Ah, what we do for pretty pictures and stories... :-X

As for Alistair, I'm just going to leave this here:

"What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I’m stranded somewhere without any pants."

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #250 on: May 19, 2016, 06:26:37 AM »
@oshizu I'm still far, far ahead. Gen 3 is halfway through their teen stage and Lana has one more party to host and to create her museum pieces and she'll be done. Funny that you mention Lei going to a club, she does exactly that. With gen 3 as a teen and moving in another pollinator soonish, there is no space for Lei to have a child so I've given up on that idea.

@LivvieLove I was glad to get the folder that holds the CC in this chapter out of my regular Mods folder as I was building for fun in another save and I had to filter through a lot of trees and shrubs to get the regular Eaxis ones. Alistair has the best quotes, I could read them all day, ha ha.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
Re: Refreshed, Recycled: An Immortal Dynasty - Ch. 28
« Reply #251 on: May 19, 2016, 06:34:52 AM »
28: Chant Holiday ~ Part Two

Lei dipped her hand into the cool water as her father rowed the small boat and her mother cooed over how handsome he looked.

“Careful you don’t fall in,” Kessy said.

Lana, Ru and Paolo were enjoying a large meal, between the three of them it was gobbled up in no time – it was a small mercy Kessy had a stockpile of Insta-Lean potions lying around for these situations.

As evening approached the picnic table was cleared and the bonfire lit. Lana’s ambitious trait kicked in and she opted to fire dance – she was surprisingly good at it.

Looking at Kessy and Mitch you’d think they were newlyweds the way they gazed into each other’s eyes and sighed contently.

“Whoa, careful, Lana!”

“Sorry, I’m just having so much fun!”

“I wish this day would last forever,”

“Well, I know a great way to end it,” Mitch leaned in and whispered into Kessy’s ear.

“Kids, bedtime. Now!”

There was no complaint from Lei. She changed into her pyjamas and was out like a light as soon as she crawled into her sleeping bag. It was anyone’s guess what she was dreaming about but she looked so sweet it must have been something good.

Ru and Lana, on the other hand, weren’t so lucky.

“This is so embarrassing,”

“Hmm,” Ru couldn’t even look at her and stifled a laugh. “Your parents are so... you know, for old people they can still enjoy—”

“Lalala, I can’t hear anything!”

“Ru, I know we’re not really related and we don’t love each other like that but if I asked you to have a baby with me, would you do it?”

They sat in silence. Lana clasped her hands together.

“I thought you and Max were going to date when you’re old enough?”

“We might and I’m going to ask him. If he says no then I don’t have anyone else in mind, except for you. I just want dad to meet his grandchild, he’s leaving soon. I know it.”

“If you want to, then I will,”

“I knew I could always count on you.”

Right after the boat poses were done I had Kessy and Mitch teleport and this was his reaction, adorable!

The real holiday took place at the Bluffs and Max and Greg were invited to join them. The pictures speak for themselves.

Mitch and Paolo spent most of the time napping, they were both tired out from fishing without potions/rally the troops (Paolo’s in one of the bushes).

Another Lana fail, why is it that she made the jump during the fake one and not the real one? xD

One of the few times Kessy and Max aren’t at each other’s throats. Is she teaching him to swim? Or something more sinister? You decide... And Lei’s the only one to get splashed from Lana’s failed dive. Look at that face!

It wasn’t a good day for Lana, here’s her fire dance fail.

Like daughter, like mother.

Kessy said goodbye to Ickle Bob. (I hope real Bob didn’t die in a fire =P)

A cute shot of everyone together.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Refreshed, Recycled: An Immortal Dynasty (Updated: 19/05/16)
« Reply #252 on: May 19, 2016, 10:01:51 AM »
Whoa, you really are that far ahead--is it easier to tell a story when you know how and where the pieces have fallen?

The opening boat scene is sooooooooo romantic with Kessy touching Mitch's face as he rows.
They look great together in every image--I loved "Kids, bedtime now!" hahahaha.  Awww, Mitch's goofy look.

Lei looks too cute as she lies alseep in her bright-pink sleeping bag.
Lana surprised me so much by her request to Ru. And right in front of Lei's bag (I could imagine Lei eavesdropping...)
That little lean-to is great.  Did Ru always have a thing for Lana?  The scene with the lanterns, candles, and their embarrassment is so perfect.

Oh I can't wait to learn if Lana is both a dutiful daughter and a woman of passion. Lei, get your party on!

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #253 on: May 19, 2016, 01:22:50 PM »
@oshizu It depends on the chapter and/or screenshots, I plan things to happen a certain way but Sims being Sims sometimes make their own decisions. I had Lana and Kessy be mean towards each other to get their angry faces but they ruined it by hugging right afterwards, lol.

This pose. I can't remember how long it took to get right. Lei's pose was pretty simple so I worked on Kessy and Mitch, it frustrated me when Mitch's hand wasn't placed by the oar handles correctly and Kessy wasn't sitting in the correct position. For some reason poses don't work well when you place an object sideways (in this case the boat). I thought of changing Mitch's hairstyle because Kessy's hand sort of glitches through but I turned the camera angle and it wasn't as noticeable. The last poses of Lana and Ru were also aggravating, they have to pose first before I placed the canopy and that (as you may know) makes the Sims move away from objects. They were worth all the trouble in the end, I'm glad I didn't give up as I do so often  ;D

Kessy's face before entering the tent, sheesh, I was laughing so much.

Ru doesn't have a thing for her, I guess he only said yes because he doesn't want Lana to fail. I've always had Max in mind for gen 2 and if things didn't turn out well it would be Ru instead. Plus all the other guys in town were so meh.

Next chapter I'm revealing the mystery woman (hope you haven't forgotten about her)  ;)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #254 on: May 19, 2016, 03:03:54 PM »
The poses and CC you use make your shots so outstanding.  Hard work for you to get it just right but such a joy for us readers!  I had to laugh at the Lana fire dance fail, and then topped off by Kessy.  Those faces!  It's nice to be able to catch up.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery