Author Topic: Refreshed, Recycled: An Immortal Dynasty (Updated: 07/08/16)  (Read 65915 times)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Re: Refreshed, Recycled: An Immortal Dynasty (Updated: 19/05/16)
« Reply #255 on: May 19, 2016, 03:52:27 PM »
@Joria I'm so pleased people enjoy them, my writing is boring I know but at least the screenshots make up for it, ha ha. I was praying for them not to die, haven't seen it happen of course but you never know.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #256 on: May 19, 2016, 04:35:04 PM »
I beg to differ! Your writing is not boring! I love the atmospheric (often mood-inspired) l scenes created by your settings, then your sims say and do the perfect things!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #257 on: May 19, 2016, 10:27:15 PM »
What a gorgeous chapter! I completely agree with Oshizu about that boat scene! So romantic and so well done!

Can I just say that I secretly cheered a little at the thought of Lana and Ru? I know they got embarrassed with each other, but darn they would be SO CUTE together.
I will be happy with whoever Lana ends up with, of course, but just know I will always secretly root for her and Ru... very quietly in my head. :) ::)

Kessy and Mitch are adorable. I love how they always look so in love (tough Kessy has a soft side after all). I absolutely laughed out loud at the awkward teenager moment as Lana is outright denying her parents having happy fun times in the tent. So hilariously awkward! I felt bad for them.
You're such a fantastic scene-setter and writer. I always am amazed that this is a dynasty too underneath all of this gorgeous scenery and great story.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #258 on: May 20, 2016, 07:58:52 AM »
@oshizu Thank you! It must be because I'm the writer, re-reading chapters I find things cringeworthy and other times I'm honestly pleased.

@LivvieLove I can reveal that Ru has beautiful kids and one of them will be gen 3's partner - the eye colour of the child was the main reason I chose them =D I am half-sick of brown eyed Sims. I don't even have to fake anything for Kessy and Mitch, they're so lovey-dovey even I am embarrassed sometimes (and I have to switch windows if someone walks into my room, lol). I'm trying my best to stay motivated and not make the many mistakes from previous attempts, so it's fun to think of something interesting for my Sims to do other than show them endlessly skilling or repetitive screenshots of them at work. Plus, reading comments just makes my day a whole lot better.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
Re: Refreshed, Recycled: An Immortal Dynasty - Ch. 29
« Reply #259 on: May 20, 2016, 04:39:34 PM »
29: The Mystery Blonde

She’s seen the house from afar and hadn’t dared to come this close to it before. Everything will be fine, smile and hope nothing goes wrong. She knocked on the door and it clicked open, calling out several times before entering. For a huge house it was eerily quiet.

“Hello? Any Chants or other people around? I promise I’m not a burglar,”

The blonde waited by the entryway for a while, checked her phone for the time – Kids should be home from school already – and wandered into the kitchen and nosed around the bathroom – Fancy place.

Someone was whistling. She followed the sound to the garden.

“Lana, you’re a teenager already!”

“How did you get in here?”

“Well, the doors were unlocked, you should have your mother fix that.”

“Who are you and why are you bothering me?”

“Poppet, I’m your (word redacted),”

“No way! Doesn’t that mean the whole universe will explode or something?”

“It hasn’t so far, we should be fine.”

“Mum is not going to take this well, just a warning,”

“I know how to handle her.”

Much later the two were chatting like old friends and the blonde admitted to being that ‘mystery woman’.

“And then I whipped out my freeze ray and showed that nasty boy what happens to anyone that messes with a Chant.”

“Ha ha! You don’t know how happy we all were, but I think mum was jealous – she wanted to do something and missed out.”

“Now, dear, I can’t stay for long, I have another little Chant to meet,”

“Wait, let’s take a photo.”

She hugged Lana for the longest time and wished her the best as the heir.

“What do you call that glowing tree?”

“A glowfruit tree, not the most imaginative name.”

“We didn’t have those in my days, I should take some home with me for the others.”

“Aw, aren’t you just the cutest thing ever!”

“Hello, Lei, I’m your (word redacted), I’ve been waiting a long while to meet you!”

Who does this crazy lady think she is? “Um... You should go to the hospital, want me to call my mummy?”

“I’m not insane, we really are related. I knew your mummy when she was a lot smaller than you are, and she was just as naughty.”

“My mum was like me?”

“Yup, as a teenager she used to bully the boys around town,”

“I want to do that, there’s too many boys in my club!”

“Hmm, I probably shouldn’t show you the pictures,”

“Please show me, please?”

“Under one condition, a kiss on the cheek? Hee hee,”

“Oh, that’s when mummy used the Hurricane Punch for the first time!”

“Here she is meeting the Hermit Bear, I was sure they would get together, not that Mitch isn’t a hunk,”

“Mum, I forgive you,”

“...?”

Kessy’s phone buzzed an alert for a new text message. Meet me at the top floor of the Discothèque. From You-Know-Who xoxo

She was waiting patiently, she was not known for being patent but for this she had all the time in the world.

“You!”

“Kestrel, did you miss me?”

“No! I thought I was meeting Voldemort but it’s you, how disappointing,”

“Who’s Voldemort?”

“You’re not fooling anyone trying to act all innocent,”

“I could be Voldemort in a blonde wig,”

“Go away before you ruin my dynasty,”

“Is that any way to speak to your grandmother, young lady?”

“I’m honestly hurt, here I thought you’d be happy to see me again. Your mother wasn’t so fortunate. NJ managed to find me and create a clone of your mother – she isn’t my Ely though.”

“And I’m not the same Kessy, I was lost too.”

“I know but you still have the same personality, Ely... she doesn’t even talk to me these days, she’s off doing Watcher knows what and I can’t get her to come home,”

“You don’t live by rules anymore, granny, you should go, be free and do whatever it is Sims from the Bin do. The only reason mum isn’t talking to you is because you keep telling her what to do and that’s pushing her away.”

Janet smiled sadly. “Our situations are alike, aren’t they?”

“We’re both pushy mothers, eh?”

“Lana’s a smart girl, you’re her mother and she will always respect you but ultimately she must shape her own future. I – I think it’s time we let our daughters be their own persons, right?”

“Absolutely. And I think an old lady like you should be ashamed to use a Potion of Youth to look younger than her granddaughter,”

“Oh, but I like being young again. No more creaky bones and I can swim and dance and —”

“Gran,”

“Fine, but as soon as I’m back home I’ll do what I want. You are so jealous, Kessy!”

“Happy?”

“No, you just changed your clothes and hairstyle,”

“It’s a skin overlay, love, it makes me look a hundred years younger – the same kind you use,”

“Oh, you know about that?”

“Yup, you can’t sneak anything past your old granny,”

“Granny needs to get going,”

“A kiss goodbye?”

“Ew, no, I’m not a child anymore,”

“You wound me again!”

AN: Sooo Janet is Kessy’s grandmother from my first try at the IDC challenge. I lost that file and re-created Kessy because she was so much fun to play and Janet and Ely had been immortals. A month ago I was looking through my library and found a bunch of old, old Sims from over a year ago and that’s when the idea of having Janet take revenge on the DBBD came to mind. I think Eaxis must have done something to backup Sims saved in our library because they weren’t there the dozens of times I have checked before.

Did anyone guess Janet correctly? If not, who did you think it was? Apologies if you didn’t find the reveal or the true identity interesting, I tried, lol.

I love Janet, she passed on her huge eyes to Ely, Kessy and Lana =D

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Re: Refreshed, Recycled: An Immortal Dynasty (Updated: 20/05/16)
« Reply #260 on: May 20, 2016, 06:03:20 PM »
Ah the mysterious blonde has a face, name and relationship to all of our dear Chants! I love it!

Also, to hop on with @oshizu, your story is by far the farthest thing from boring ever! Don't you dare say it's boring. I love the colors and that we're seeing the other side of this Dynasty challenge. While I'm always happy to read about everyone's attempt at such a difficult challenge, I love reading stories a lot too! Your writing style is fantastic and deep, but light-hearted and hilarious all at the same time.

Also:
"I thought I was meeting Voldemort"
I died! That was too funny!
Another perfect chapter, @Nettlejuice!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #261 on: May 20, 2016, 06:27:41 PM »
That was a fantastic chapter! When I saw the "You Know Who" message, Voldemort crossed my mind but then Kessy made the same joke, lol. (Or I just understood your joke, hehe)
I absolutely loved all the meta-narrative--both ladies using the same skin overlay to look young, bwahahaha.
And Gran looks smoking hot in her red hotpants and bowler hat!

When she finds Lei, Lei looks unbearably adorable. Seriously, Lei has the cutest face in every picture she appears with Janet.
I think Lana must be harder to write at this point because she carries the burden of being the next heir.

In the last shot, Janet looks as fun and mischievous as her grand-daughter. Nnow we know where Kessy's gorgeous looks come from. :D
Sadly, I didn't guess the mystery lady's identity in advance but thoroughly enjoyed meeting her just the same.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #262 on: May 20, 2016, 11:12:59 PM »
Nice update. And good to see Janet Chant back. Glad you found and bring her back. The Voldemort joke was hilarious. Hope Kessy and her family got some great experience from Granny Janet visit. Looking forward for next update.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

by Swirl~Girl

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #263 on: May 21, 2016, 08:22:56 AM »
@LivvieLove Thank you ever so much for the compliment, I've always thought of my writing as pretty basic so it's nice to know there are funny scenes, and others that are heartfelt. I think Kessy really wanted to meet him and kick his butt, lol.

@oshizu Ever since Harry Potter every time I hear or see You-Know-Who I immediately think of Voldemort (and Janet knew it would draw Kessy's interest). I agree with you, Lei is extra adorable in her scenes with Janet, if those two ever teamed up I'd be scared out of my wits, lol. Lana is difficult to write anyway, with Kessy and Lei I just have to look at their screenshots and they mostly write themselves. I've been having fun with Janet, maybe she'll come back at a later stage?

@chetanhaobijam It's was great to have her back and I'm positive the other Chants were pleased to meet her - even if Kessy won't admit it  ;)

This is the Janet I was able to recover. She's the one I used to test some IDC aspirations and point gathering, I later gave this hairstyle to Ely and she got the long hair with the fringe in the official version.

And here she is as the mystery woman. I had thought a blonde sporting a hat and red bottom was a pretty obvious clue to who she was.

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #264 on: May 21, 2016, 02:33:17 PM »
I didn't read your original Chant Dynasty, so I didn't really get her significance at first, but Janet is definitely a beautiful sim!

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #265 on: May 21, 2016, 03:20:48 PM »
The mystery revealed!  I have to admit I've been slow in going backward for the Chants because moving forward has been a lot of fun but I had an inkling she was someone from the past.   Artie is a big fan of her work and is happy to put a name to his fangirling. 

I have to agree Lei is an adorable child, which in my brain means she's going to be up to something a lot once she gets her hormones and some height (Plus unlocks all the other skills!). 

I though it was a hilarious update and I snorted a bit when Janet retorted about the skin overlay.  Good for her. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #266 on: May 21, 2016, 03:42:43 PM »
Yay for Janet!  I do hope we see more of her.  Put a blonde wig on Kessy and they'd be hard to tell apart.  The eyes have it.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #267 on: May 22, 2016, 06:40:03 AM »
@ManiSims She is and thank you!

@Ricalynn Janet's screenshots were deleted and you don't really have to read the other two as long as you read this one xD Kessy's miffed she's the not only youthful looking old lady anymore.

@Joria I'll have her come back if the story calls for it or a surprise return. I went ingame to see if you were right and you are, they're almost twins (Kessy isn't too pleased, lmao). Most hairs don't suit Kessy as a blonde so she has the same as Janet.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #268 on: May 22, 2016, 01:05:55 PM »
How great to see Janet and Kessy, both as blondes!
@Joria and your image are so right--they could be mistaken for twin sisters.
Lol, I'm sure Kessy would punch the first person who tried saying that, though.

Yes, please have Kessy back in the present. Could Kessy visit the past as well? Theoretically speaking? (because I don't know what means Janet used to visit the present...)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #269 on: May 22, 2016, 02:30:03 PM »
@oshizu Janet isn't technically from the past, more likely that she is from a parallel universe. Kessy would also be from that universe and to 'qualify' for a dynasty she had to move to a new one where some Sims know/remember who she is because Watcher said so. A wormhole generator is one way to travel between universes but it's dangerous, sometimes you may end up somewhere else - like Ship tried to do with Colt before she had a crush on him. So, I'm going to call Janet's universe Andromeda and Kessy's universe doesn't have a name (someone with any mythology knowledge please provide a name!). I'd love for one of the current or future Chants to visit the Andromeda galaxy, it'll be fun - and a challenge buildwise.

Hope that was the explanation you were looking for  8)