Author Topic: Refreshed, Recycled: An Immortal Dynasty (Updated: 07/08/16)  (Read 65920 times)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Re: Refreshed, Recycled: An Immortal Dynasty (Updated: 23/05/16)
« Reply #285 on: June 08, 2016, 07:43:06 PM »
@oshizu Thank you! You can remove the attachment now.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Refreshed, Recycled: An Immortal Dynasty (Updated: 23/05/16)
« Reply #286 on: June 08, 2016, 07:45:14 PM »
Thanks for letting me know! I've cleared my attached file.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
Re: Refreshed, Recycled: An Immortal Dynasty - Ch. 31
« Reply #287 on: June 14, 2016, 05:37:07 PM »
31: Za Woka Genava

Lei was more Chant than her older sister: she was musically gifted like Great Granny Janet, a left handed artist like Granny Ely and she was frequently abducted by aliens, just like Mummy.

She was used to travelling alone in the Disc Transporter. There was usually food and drink, a comfy bed (not that she needed to ever use it, the journey lasted about twenty minutes). This evening Lei found some clothes waiting for her with a note: Please wear this!

She beamed down and found the welcome station had been redecorated with familiar looking objects.

“Hey Ryker, just us today?”

“We had a few... last minute cancellations. Jey’s on his way. Sit, have a drink while you wait.”

Sul sul! Lei, you wore the outfit!” Jey sat beside her.

“Wait, you chose this for me?”

“Guilty, teehee.”

“Thanks, I guess. It’s a bit mismatched though; I don’t think Wonder Woman wore a witch’s hat.”

“Ah, I’ll get it right next time. Happy birthday, Lei! Sorry for the small gathering,”

“It’s really OK. Let’s dance!”

“Don’t you have your own dance moves?”

Jey shock his head. “Aliens don’t dance, then we learned from Kessy and ever since we can’t stop.”

“From the way my mum told the story it was Grim who started it, not her.”

“You say toh-ma-toes, we say rah’tos,”

When Lei went off to make drinks, Ryker whispered to his friend, “Tell her now,”

“Shh, later,”

“We’ll be juiced later,”

“Exactly!”

“Oh, Mitri help you.”

“Aw, why are you whispering? Something I should know?”

“Jey has something to say—”

“Ry! Shush!”

“Tell me! I won’t bite. I promise.”

“What do you think of our collection?” Jey jerked a thumb towards a lawn flamingo and what looked like a large snowflake sculpture.

“Kinda out of place? Where’s all the cool alien tech and stuff?”

“This is cool alien stuff. Look at all the things Kessy has smuggled for us. Alas, we have no llamas, we know you are protective of your god.”

Lei chuckled. “You shouldn’t believe everything my mum says. Llamas don’t exist and I certainly don’t worship them.”

“What about dragons?” Perched on the ruins of a wall was a stuffed baby dragon.

“They can only be found in Dragon Valley, that’s in another ’verse, one we can’t get to I’m afraid.”

“That’s what we have Kessy for, she can get anything.”

After finishing their drinks it was another round of dancing, this time Lei showed off her DJ skills. Ryker and Jey squealed with delight as confetti burst out of the booth and rained down on them.

“Any requests?”

“Be Gronk!” They said simultaneously.

“...”

“Please?”

“Oh, mum is such a bad influence on you lot! Fine.”

It was getting late and Lei had school in the morning. She needed to sober up when she returned home. Before she left, she had to know what the boys were whispering about.

“He likes you!” Ryker said in a hurry before Jey could stop him.

“What?”

“He fancies you. Smitten. Luurves. Za woka genava, you know?”

Jey didn’t say a word but he didn’t have to, he was glowing bright pink.

“I do like you. That’s why I wanted to throw you a party. And confess. But I couldn’t go through it on my own, I needed other people here in case I merz’da – chickened out. So, what do you think?”

“I—”

“Take all the time you need, I just wanted to get it off my chest.”

“Jey, I can’t. I’m already in love someone else and he loves me too. We even exchanged promise rings,”

“I see. Of course, you are the most beautiful Sim, who wouldn’t love you?”

“Hey, we can still be friends!” She pulled him into a hug. “I’ve got to go now, promise me we’ll party again sometime, OK?”

“Yes, we’d like that,” Ryker said – Jey was speechless beside him.

“You know, it’s a good thing you’re not her True One.”

“How can you say that?”

“What do you think Kessy would do to you if she found out? Kick our butts to Sixam if we were Sims, as you’re an alien it’d be a black hole for you!”

“Oh, well lucky escape for me. I feel bad for her True One then.”

Aw, that sweet Jey, hope he doesn’t feel too bad about the rejection.

AN: This one is for you @oshizu  ;)

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Refreshed, Recycled: An Immortal Dynasty (Updated: 14/06/16)
« Reply #288 on: June 14, 2016, 07:56:00 PM »
Oooh nooo, here I thought you were doing the big reveal on Lei's "True One" but Jey (who's very cute, btw) got shot down!
(Hmmm, who could it be? Who could it beeeee?!)
I feel bad for Jey but, wow, Lei really gets around, lol. She is one cool lady in her Wonder Woman hotpants, breaking the time/space continuum and breaking hearts!

What a fabulous use of Sixam's launching area and I love how you tied in Kessy's Interstellar Smuggler job with their collection of odd things.
I giggled at how the two aliens have been "corrupted" by Kessy.  Lol, Be Gronk (and you had the little alien image on your DJ computer!)
What is that large object--the girl holding hands to her cheeks? Is it an enlarged sculpture or a painting?

You are the Queen of Sim Settings, truly!  I loved it!

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #289 on: June 14, 2016, 08:37:50 PM »
Aww, poor Jey. He seems like a sweetie. Fun chapter, though! Hooray for private Sixam dance parties!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #290 on: June 15, 2016, 03:12:44 AM »
Awwww, I was so rooting for him... poor Jey...
Lei is such a gorgeous girl! She's going to be a real heartbreaker - she already is! ;)
I can't wait to meet this lover of hers. I have no guesses as to who it could be.  :-X

Beautiful update, as always, Nettlejuice! :D

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #291 on: June 15, 2016, 06:37:48 AM »
@oshizu Ah ha ha! Sorry to disappoint. Lei is YA in these screenshots and she was engaged (had to say promise ring for her as a teen) and well, I want her guy to be a mystery. You'll see several guys but I won't let on who her True One is until you-know-what when it becomes obvious ;) I loved the idea of Kessy smuggling things for her alien buddies.

Her outfit is a swimsuit with tights on =D

Be Gronk, this song drove me to madness! Kessy wanted it to become popular with aliens in the hopes they'd 'implant' this song into every abductees head xD

The statue is a conversion of Alice from the Vale of Tears (American McGee's Alice/Alice: Madness Returns). I love this statue, I frequently use it for Sixam/alien world builds and my cemetery. This lot was built surprisingly fast for me, it didn't turn out too bad and thank you for always complimenting me <3

@FrancescaFiori He is a cutie, honestly both of them were really lovely but she and Jey connected more.

@LivvieLove You haven't met the guy yet so the guessing game can't begin yet. I was going to delete these screenshots in favour of newer screenshots with several other aliens but I have to thank @oshizu and PMs with her. The 'booty' shot was too awesome to get rid of so I moved this chapter forward instead and I'll work on the other one some time soon. So many things to do at once.

Special wedding update: I'm still building the new dynasty lot (since Saturday, why is this so hard?  :o) but my plan has been written out, I now need to sort out the venue (more building x.x) and give the guests makeovers =D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #292 on: June 18, 2016, 06:30:53 AM »
Finally back to reading and found this awesomeness!!!  I love the party venue.  Those Sixam boys really know how to do it up proud!  Too bad for Jey but at least he was let down fairly gently and supported well by his buddy.  I agree with oshizu.  You always have the best backgrounds and set ups.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #293 on: June 18, 2016, 07:10:41 AM »
@Joria I know you can do something awesome with it too if you ever decide to build in Sixam <3

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
Re: Refreshed, Recycled: An Immortal Dynasty - Ch. 32
« Reply #294 on: June 19, 2016, 09:11:00 AM »
32: Happy Father’s Day

It started with the gathering of some ominous black clouds in the garden.

“It’s finally here, my time. I’ll love you all from, Beyond the Netherworld my girls,”

“Aw, Chant household. I’m going to get my bones broken, right?”

“Dad, I was going to give you the good news,” Lana cried.

“My Mummy sense are tingling, are you feeling flirty, Lei?”

“Mum, that is highly inappropriate! This is Dad’s death scene, stick to the script,”

“All right. Oh, my darling Mitchy, don’t take him away! (Is that dramatic enough?)”

“I’ll give ’em five more minutes,”

“Urgh, why am I not feeling Fiendishly Delighted?”

“Even you have a heart, Max,”

“Hey hey, don’t mind me, just reapin’ not peepin’,”

“Did you say ‘peeping’?”

“Ha, yes! I’ve never seen Ru topless, he looks... good,”

(“Can everyone please stick to the script. Dad you’re dying don’t laugh!”)

“Time to be free, Mitch, you’ve earned the right to a happy Afterlife.”

“My darling, don’t have too much fun without us <3”

“I’ll take good care of him, I promise. (Did you know Mitch is alive in Oshizu’s universe and he’s about to have some nooboos?)”

“Thank, old pal. (No one steals my Mitch away, I need to find this woman!)”

Rest In Peace, Mitchell Kalani.

Outtake. Can the background characters resume mourning and not laughing at how pathetic this fight went? Thank you. (Grim won to mine and Kessy’s dismay xD).

“Mum got her butt kicked!”

AN: Happy Father’s Day  :'(

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Refreshed, Recycled: An Immortal Dynasty (Updated: 19/06/16)
« Reply #295 on: June 19, 2016, 10:38:23 AM »
Awwwww, Nettlejuice, this must have been a tough chapter to write... what a shocking Father's day post!

Despite my deep sadness over having to let your adorable Mitch go (I love his head and facial hair, too!), all of the little asides were hilarious.
I cracked up at Grim's appreciation of Ru's toplessness, which the viewers can share. Way to distract us.
And I love that selfie of Mitch and Kessy.

Rest in peace, Mitch. You will be sorely missed. (And you look too young to go yet!)

I can't believe Kessy lost a fight to Grim--it's only because she's in mourning!
How will Kessy deal with her loss? And what is Lana's news which we never got to hear?

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #296 on: June 19, 2016, 11:53:11 AM »
Oh no! This isn't the happy Father's Day update I imagined! Mitch!
:( :'(
I love how everyone had a hard time following it though - they know Mitch is well taken care of... and @oshizu you better hurry up with Amanda's career (I think it's that one) so you can build a biiiiig fence to keep Kessy out. With barbed wire.
And lasers.

Nope. Kessy will still get in. Tell Sara to run like the wind and pray she's faster. XD

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #297 on: June 19, 2016, 06:13:09 PM »
Aww, Mitch.  I never play with him but your dynasty helped me realize that I totally should! We'll miss him :(

(Also, can we all just take a moment to appreciate topless Ru...  !!!)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #298 on: June 20, 2016, 09:36:32 AM »
@oshizu Mitch died in March and I have spent those months avoiding writing this chapter. Then it was Father's Day and I wanted to get it in, we should celebrate his amazing feat as a loving husband, father and friend =)

Sims are so weird, they were crying and laughing and Lei was the only one taking Mitch's death seriously.

I've held on to that selfie for ages, it was taken after Kessy announced her pregnancy (with Lana) so it was the right time to use it.

Lana's news will be revealed soon, you can probably guess what it'll be. As for Kessy, she'll have to wait a looong time. Meaning Gen 3's wedding >:D

@LivvieLove Sorry! Should have gotten it out soon, lol. Sara will be safe, for now *villainous laughter*

@ManiSims Ru Appreciation Day is the day after Father's Day. Today :P Or should that be every single day? I love that about Mitch, I used to ignore him too but I gave him a chance and I'll never go back to thinking of him as just another townie.

EDIT: Updated this post to include pictures of the husband and helpers of generation one.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #299 on: June 20, 2016, 11:30:41 PM »
EDIT: Updated this post to include pictures of the husband and helpers of generation one.

@Nettlejuice

What an absolutely fabulous group shot! (lol, Ab Fab...)  Seriously, it's really great!
By the way, I noticed you had your dynasty stats under spoiler tags, so I plucked up my courage and clicked "Spoiler" for Gen2 Iolana and....it was completely empty, lol.  :o
Was that, like, a trap? haha

anything