Author Topic: Sanada Wonder Child Challenge: Do These Genes Make My Butt Look Big? [Completed]  (Read 28749 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
@JudesSims   Lol, watching the Watcher to make sure she doesn't do...what exactly?

@KRae          Thanks for reading. Speaking of sim genetics, the male sim is Bella Goth's son.  I'm so attached to these two particular sims, but have never paired them as a couple, so I'm looking forward to what they spawn. Sadly, two attractive sims don't necessarily mean attractive offspring. Flip and Isla were really amazing in that sense.

@Tigerskin  I love you for loving Denzel  ;D  That hair really makes the Denzel twin look different, even when they're both wearing similar glasses.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Ooooh. I blame the CC hair for not being able to figure it out sooner xD
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
@oshizu Watching for tips on how to play it. I struggled with that one. Lol

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
@oshizu

Yay, finally got a chance to catch up!  Loving this!  And loving that you used Denzel's twin!  So adorable!  Definitely bookmarked!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
@Nettlejuice   Only after posting the screenshot of Denzel did I really notice how much difference the black cc hair makes, even though they're both wearing glasses.

@JudesSims   If I can stay focused on the challenge, I'm going to concentrate on equipping the child with the skills he'll need as a founder of an Apocalypse Challenge (AC). Although my gut tells me a female founder with the Pro Slacker trait would be best, I'd really prefer playing a male founder. As you will see, I'm going to try and pull off a somewhat cheat-y maneuver which has, to date, not been banned by the updated rules.  *cackles deviously

@Shewolf13  Thank you for reading! I like that this is a short challenge. Personally can't wait to see this couple's offspring!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Sanada Wonder Child Challenge: Let the Skilling Begin! (Apr 7 update)
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2016, 04:05:02 PM »
Week 1, Day 2: Let the Skilling Begin!

Day 2 (Monday)

Good morning!  Since yesterday evening, Jin and I (Misa) have been working mainly on the Soulmate aspiration, trying to earn enough points for Connections.
Jin is such an affectionate and sensitive man—and I don’t mind his looks either.

He’s been building up his nerve to propose all morning, it seems. And he finally asks.
When did he ever get the time to find a ring in my size?

It’s official, Jin and I have tied the knot. Now, let’s get serious about that Wonder Child Project!

Jin: Here’s walls-down shot of our humble home. As you can see, it’s still more of a skilling arena than an actual home at this point, but we have a few days to get a lot done.

Jin: Misa will work at the Scientist career until she reaches Level 5. At that point, I may join the Chef career at Level 4 for just a single day.
Our focus is the skills that can be mentored to our Wonder Child.
Remember that Misa and I share the Loves the Outdoors and Family-Oriented traits except that I’m an Art Lover and she’s a Genius.
Also, Misa will probably be in charge of Fishing since I'll be handling Cooking and Mixology for the household.

Misa: Logic, Handiness, Piano, Fitness
Jin:    Painting, Violin, Writing, Guitar

Day 3 (Tue)

We start the day with Misa in the observatory, trying to make the eight breakthroughs she requires for her career promotion.
Meanwhile I learn the Wellness skill by starting a Brain Boosting yoga routine. Not only does this routine give me an eight-hour +1 Inspired boost, but reaching Level 2 Wellness will let me use a Focused boost social.
After Misa leaves for a hard-working day at the laboratory, I do some very quick redecorating then start painting. New flooring of tatami mats replaces that free, red Entertainer rug.
I purchase the Morning Sim trait because, for now, a skilling boost is more important than an income boost.

After Misa returns from her first day on the job, the happy couple (that’s us!)—still blissed out from our just-married moodlet—socialize a bit, then Rally the Troops to settle into our respective evening activities.
I continue painting, finishing a few easily achievable Painter Extraordinaire milestones on the way, while Misa starts on the Renaissance Sim aspiration by reading skill books on Logic, Handiness, and Fitness.
Reading also triggers scientific breakthroughs, making it a great activity since her Level 5 promotion requires eight breakthroughs—only four more to go!

Day 4 (Wed)

Misa leaves for work with her eight breakthroughs in the bag.
As for me, I do some gathering around the island then visit the art museum as part of the Painter Extraordinaire aspiration.
In the evening, we are delighted but not surprised that Misa is promoted to a Level 5 Scientist. One more breakthrough will enable her to build a cloning machine!

Re-reading the project rules, our Watcher notices that the only aspiration reward banned is the Potion of Youth. Initially, only Misa was to max Fitness.
Since maxing the Bodybuilder aspiration will give us a short lifespan extension, however, we both head to the gym for a few hours. 
I meet a gym trainer (in the baseball cap) to mentor me. If only we knew another gym trainer!

Day 5 (Thu)

Misa here. Earlier this morning, I had my ninth breakthrough a few hours before arriving at the Science Lab for my first and last day of work.
All this prep paves the way to one vital objective: building a cloning machine!
Mission accomplished!
Instead of going home right away, I spend a little time fishing and gathering rare collectibles in the lab’s vicinity.
Time to quit this job and become a stay-at-home, well, I’m not a mom yet but now I’m ready to have a child!

Ever have one of those days when everything seems to go right?
Watcher: Lately? Never.
Hey, don’t you rain on my parade!
As I was about to say, Jin and I tried for a baby once this morning but I had to dash off to work without taking a pregnancy test.
Thirteen hours later, I finally remember to take a pregnancy test.
I'm rather surprised to note that my status is “Pregnant: 2nd trimester in 24 hours.”
Watcher: So the countdown for the three-day pregnancy begins after the notification of pregnancy, not from the time of conception. Hmmm, hmmm. I see, I see.

Well, since I’m pregnant, it seems like a good time to max Fitness, so off we go to the gym again, this time in Willow Creek.
And no, you are not seeing things. We are both being mentored by gym trainers at the same time.
After our last visit to the Oasis Springs, I made a temporary fitness club with Jin, me, and Annie (the Oasis Springs trainer who mentored Jin)
Once we arrived at this gym, I started a club gathering to summon Annie for mentoring Jin while I asked Don Lothario, who is this gym’s resident trainer, to mentor me.
A rather clever strategy, if I do say so myself.

Day 6 (Fri)

With the addition of Don Lothario to our Fitness Club, the club gathers again at home this afternoon as we continue leveling Fitness. 
I work out on the treadmill while listening to Alternative music, taking breaks to eat carrots and watch the Kids Network on TV.
Once I’m sure that Jin will max Fitness today, I decide to just relax and watch TV.
Watcher heard a rumor that, similiar to The Sims 3, watching the Kids Network will produce multiple births.
Well, if we don’t have twins the first time, we’ll just try again. Jin says he doesn’t mind trying. *winks

Day 7 (Sat)

I’ve grown quite huge! I feel so bloated and swollen, but Jin tells me I look radiant, bless his gentle heart.
Jin seems just as excited to meet our newborn as I am!

I’ve switched from skilling Logic in the Observatory to skilling Handiness on the woodworking table, so I can listen to music.
Watcher: I just realized that you two are at the end of the first week!
Misa: These past six days have been so trying. Every time I even think about stopping what I’m doing to chat with Jin, you cancel the interaction.
Practically the only interaction you’ve allowed today has been “Rally the troops”!
W: Well, that’s why they call this a challenge, right? Try your best to get as much done as possible before the nooboo is born!
You entered your third trimester at 10:46 pm today (Day 7), so we need to keep track exactly how much later you give birth.

By the way, fantastic job at making the nine breakthroughs and nabbing that cloning machine!
Misa: Child’s play, Watcher!
Okay, let’s take a look at what you’ve accomplished since Monday morning.

You both maxed Fitness, good job!
Jin reached Level 9 Painting and Level 5 Violin, while also reaching Level 5 Cooking and Level 3 Wellness.
Misa reached Level 7 in both Logic and Handiness, plus Level 6 in Fishing.
So far, you both have zero levels in your fourth skills (Guitar and Piano)

Jin: We’ve got this, Watcher! We’ll be done with all three skills before our baby boy has his birthday.

Day 8 (Sun)

Jin: By the way, Watcher, did you say Misa reached Level 7 Handiness? You know what that means, don’t you?
Misa: Ugh, that’s an ugly screenshot! If you couldn’t glimpse the kiosk there, no one would even know we were at Granite Falls.
W: Yeah, it ended up being a huge fail in terms of showing how cute you look pregnant as well.

Misa: It’s nice to be home again, even though the place isn’t exactly so home-y yet.
Jin: Since we are working so hard, will you build us a nice, real house here after this is all over so we can just relax, enjoy the sunsets, and go fishing?
Watcher: Deal!

Later that night,  Misa goes into labor at the exact time that she took the pregnancy test three days ago, to the minute!
Watcher: (taking notes…) So the time of birth is determined by when the mother learns of her pregnancy, not when the baby is conceived.
Misa: Watcher, your attention on me, please!  Hurry and come out, little fella. Your mommy’s hurtin’!

I am delighted to announce the birth of twin boys—Satoru and Shinji.
As the firstborn, Satoru will be the Wonder Child.

Well, where’s Jin? Why isn’t he around to greet his newborn sons?
Watcher: Sorry, Misa. We’ve been working on his BodyBuilder aspiration all day. He can’t seem to reach his maximum body potential so, despite my preference for a slimmer build, I bought him a workout machine.
After one protein shake, one energized protein meal, and one epic (Push the Limits) workout later, here’s Jin at his max potential.
Personally, I find him too muscular and hope he’ll slim down again.
(But how? @Playalot, do you have any tips? Jogging or yoga?)
Jin: Hey, Watcher, am I still going to be able to fit into my slim jeans?

Day 9 (Mon)

As we take leave of Jin and Misa this morning, we spot the happy parents in their front yard—which doubles as the twins’ bedroom—whispering excitedly.
Whispering, why?

Watcher’s Remarks:

Considering that the parents will have only 10 days left as adults when the twins age up to children, I think I might have waited too long before having the parents "try for baby."
I did want to give the parents a head start on their skilling before the Wonder Child’s appearance but I somehow forgot that there’s a three-day baby stage during which time the parents could continue skilling.

Oh well, if this timing results in fatal consequences, the challenge is short enough to redo.

Thank you for reading and hope to see you next time when the twins will become children.

Next chapter

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2016, 04:14:54 PM »
oooo! Congrats on twins!  Hehehe, I think Jin looks fantastic as he does!  --cleans up the drool--

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2016, 05:01:29 PM »
Many congratulations on the twins! I bet they'll be beautiful boys!  My Romeo got a bit too muscular, so I stopped all the lifting and just used running and yoga to slim him back to my taste!  Loving your story

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2016, 06:07:17 PM »
Great skilling up! And really interesting pregnant stats... so now we know for sure what is going on, makes it quite easy to manipulate time a bit better for our pregnant sims. Jogging for sure as tjtemple says but to me he is perfect! *stares*...at the wonderfully design skilling areas. *cough*
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2016, 06:09:14 PM »
Great skilling up! And really interesting pregnant stats... so now we know for sure what is going on, makes it quite easy to manipulate time a bit better for our pregnant sims. Jogging for sure as tjtemple says but to me he is perfect! *stares*...at the wonderfully design skilling areas. *cough*

I'm with Play on this! lol

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2016, 07:10:29 PM »
wow, your story looks really beautiful so far.  I love all the unique poses.  I'd never heard of being able to download those!  Your founders are amazing... and never in a million years would I have recognized Denzel.   Wow you maxed Fitness fast!  *glares at Luke*  *looks back to Jin*  Hmph.  Yes, I do think that was clever with the club and the trainers.  Funny, Watcher taking notes on how the game and pregnancy works!  Congrats on your twin boys!  I had to laugh about the front yard doubling as their bedroom.

By the way, after seeing the way you talk about your building skills... I have to say what you have going so far looks very nice.  Pretty zen!  I like the colors you chose.  The siding looks nice with your wall decor and all the plants.
Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2016, 03:25:27 AM »
Why didn't you tell me you had started a new story?!? This is epic! And Jin *fans self* phew, is it hot in here or what?!? Not that Misa isn't just as hot (for a girl) but daymn Jin *smexy wink*

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2016, 07:50:53 AM »
I still can't get over how beautiful Jin and Misa are. Jin is looking fab after his workouts ^-^ Welcome Satoru and Shinji, your parents did so well!
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2016, 04:46:57 AM »
@Shewolf13 and @Playalot
Thank you for expressing your approval of the skilling areas. They look a little too muscular around the shoulders and thighs.
I hadn't realized how puny he actually looked until he maxed the BodyBuilder aspiration, lol.
Also @Playalot the pregnancy stats got a little skewed in the next chapter. I'm not sure why.

@tjtemple
Thank you for the tip on returning Jin to his less muscular form.  Will he slim down naturally if I have him do nothing physical at all?

wow, your story looks really beautiful so far.  I love all the unique poses.  I'd never heard of being able to download those!  Your founders are amazing... and never in a million years would I have recognized Denzel.   Wow you maxed Fitness fast!  *glares at Luke*  *looks back to Jin*  Hmph.  Yes, I do think that was clever with the club and the trainers.  Funny, Watcher taking notes on how the game and pregnancy works!  Congrats on your twin boys!  I had to laugh about the front yard doubling as their bedroom.

By the way, after seeing the way you talk about your building skills... I have to say what you have going so far looks very nice.  Pretty zen!  I like the colors you chose.  The siding looks nice with your wall decor and all the plants.

Thank you for your kind words, @wfgodot !
About Denzel, I made a mistake referring to Jin as Denzel's twin brother--he's more of a cloned bin twin. He's just like he was in my IDC, except for the hair and well different clothes.
About the pregnancy notes, I've been trying to time exactly when childbirth occurs in order to reserve-schedule it and not have to leave work early. In the Apocalypse Challenge (which I'm doing next with the Wonder Child as founder), if someone is late for work or leaves early, they must quit that job and can never join it again.

Thank you for liking the skilling rooms. I'm not good with regular houses. Well, this is the Sims, so I guess I only have to build spaces I enjoy watching my sims occupy.

@Nettlejuice and @Magpie2012
I'm so happy you approve of my sims. They are my two favorite male and female sims. Magpie, lol, thanks!
I'm a shallow creature so I'm praying that their spawn are attractive as well.  Only time will tell.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2016, 05:02:43 AM »
Week 2, Day 9: And Then There Were Five (Apr 09)

In this chapter, we pretend that our little family is not engaged in skilling morning, noon, and night.
To bolster this pretense, you will be distracted by extensive kiddie spam along with a few images of the house.
You have been warned. Proceed at your own risk.

Day 9 (Mon)

Late last night, Misa gave birth to twins. The firstborn son Satoru will become the Wonder Child, who will be supported by his twin brother Shinji.
Jin and Misa now have roughly three days to finish preparing themselves to mentor the Wonder Child.
I include a close-up of Satoru with Jin for the sake of thorough documentation (in view of the profoundly scientific nature of this thread).
I would have to agree, however, with those who believe that all nooboos look alike at this stage.
In the bassinets, Satoru smiles on the left while Shinji snoozes on the right.

Please forget what I said at the end of the last chapter about having waited too late to “try for baby.”
The twin infants seem to be taking turns at crying and fussing most of the day and night.
Fortunately, the parents had a lot of uninterrupted time for skilling before the twins’ arrived. 
Live and learn!

Day 10 (Tue)

This evening, around the same time as the initial pregnancy test (10:46 p.m.), we receive notice about the twins’ birthdays being today and we quickly aged them up.
They were just born two days ago on Sunday evening, so we hadn’t expected their birthdays for another day.
I guess I don’t really understand how conception, pregnancy tests, and childbirth work together after all.
The upper shot is Satoru, the Wonder Child. The lower shot is Shinji.
Their features share some similarities but they are not identical twins.

In case you’re interested, here’s a recap of the boys’ growth stages.
If you’re not interested, please feel free to skip to the next paragraph.

Day 5 (Thu), 9:30 a.m.     Parents tried for baby
Day 5 (Thu), 10:46 p.m.    Took pregnancy test (forgot to take it earlier);  “Pregnant: 2nd trimester in 24 hours” message
Day 7 (Sat), 10:46 p.m.    “Pregnant: 3rd trimester in 24 hours” message
Day 8 (Sun), 10:46 p.m.    Mother went into labor, had twins
Day 10 (Tue), 10:46 p.m.   “Celebrate xx’s birthday” message (not “almost birthday” message)

Oddly, the twins were only infants for two days, not that anyone minded. They were extremely fussy.

Jin: Ideally, Watcher, we’d like to send the boys off to school after completing the first tier of Whiz Kid and their homework.
Watcher: Well, we haz moodlet solvers, so anything is possible!
Satoru (green shirt) and Shinji (blue shirt) play three games of chess.

Is it just me or does every little facial expression that the boys make seem too cute for words?
That’s why we must take a screenshot.
“Read with an adult for two hours.”

Day 11 (Wed)

The twins aged up so late last night that they have the day off from school today.
From noon, all four of us head out to Desert Bloom Park.
The twins play in the playground and socialize.
Jin brings his violin, which he maxes, then he starts playing the guitar.
Since she can’t play the piano here, Misa goes fishing and adds four new fish to the family collection.

Jin: Just as the family sits down for a dinner of Grilled Chicken, Misa goes into labor. (You had realized that she was pregnant again, right?)
We go home immediately and Misa gives birth at home.
Hey, Misa. Looking pretty proud of yourself, aren’t you?
Misa: I’m just glad that the baby’s a girl so I can stop having babies!
Meet our third child, Aya Sanada. She’s just three days younger than her brothers.

Day 12 (Thu)

The twins head out for their first day of grade school, passing right through their younger sister’s “bedroom.”

Jin: Now that the Sanadas are a family of five, don’t you think we deserve more than a few outdoor skilling areas?
Watcher: Well, okay, but the challenge only lasts for about four more sim weeks, so your home will be pretty basic.
Jin: I’ll just keep practicing the guitar while you plan our new home.
W: Hey, about the guitar, Jin, you can stop trying to max it.
Jin: Really, why?
W: I realized today that the Entertainer/Musician career has a very low-priority restriction in the Apocalypse Challenge so it wouldn’t even be completed in Satoru’s lifetime.
Since we’re not playing the Wonder Child Challenge for a high score, let’s skip the Guitar skill and get your boy kitted out with the skills and traits that really matter.
For example, completing the Nerd Brain aspiration would let him insta-repair broken objects!

Jin: So if I’m dropping the guitar skill, what should I be doing now?
W: Mentoring the Wonder Child primarily, but you’ll also look after the garden.
Jin: On it.

A few sim minutes later, the Sanadas’ new dwelling is as complete as we can afford for now.
This is a view from the southwest corner. The former Inspired and Focused areas have been raised to the second floor.
Accessible from two sets of stairs, the open-air first floor holds the kitchen/dining and TV areas.
I can’t decide what to do with the center area—hot tub or small pool?
You can see the observatory over the bathrooms past the lanai on the south side.

The top image shows the house through the trees from the forest on the north.
The lower image shows the southwest corner, facing the beach.

The second floor consists of three areas: the inspired room (north), the focused room (south), and a small gym between the two rooms.
The second shot shows Jin mentoring Satoru on the violin in the inspired room, with the beach at their backs. It’s an amazing view.

Ironically, I started building because I wanted to provide the family with bedrooms. Thing is, there’s no more room on this 30x20 lot except down.
So I build the mandatory bedrooms in the basement. Eventually, I will get around to decorating them.
I’ve lost interest in building for today. Besides, this challenge isn’t about sleeping; it's all about “Rally the troops” and skilling!
“Rally the troops” makes bedrooms largely superfluous.

Day 13 (Fri)

Jin: As soon as the boys leave for school, Misa and I head for the Forgotten Grotto to work on our Fish Collection.
Misa just needs one more fish to complete the Angling Ace aspiration.
On their second day of school, Satoru and Shinji go home with Bs on their report cards then join us at the park in Oasis Springs.
While Misa and I continue fishing in the park, the boys ask random townies to help them with their homework then proceed to socialize.

Day 14 (Sat)

Misa: Early this morning, I get a message that Aya’s birthday is today. I waste no time in aging her up then call the rest of the family downstairs.
Here she sits with her brothers Satoru (right) and Shinji (left), all dressed up in their school uniforms.

She aged up with platinum-blonde hair which means, I imagine, that she’ll later share my hair color.
Jin: All I can say is that I truly hope Aya grows up to look like her gorgeous mother.

Day 15 (Sun)

Jin: Can you believe, Misa, that you and I met just two Sundays ago?
Misa: Yeah, so much has happened since then!
Jin: And here we sit, a blissfully married couple, with three lovely children!
Misa: Our Wonder Child, Satoru, has been doing really well, too!

Satoru’s Progress
Maxed Aspirations: Rambunctious Scamp, Artistic Prodigy
Maxed Skills: Mental, Motor, Creativity
Other Skills: Social L8, Logic L6, Violin L5, Video Gaming L2

The happy family enjoys a leisurely Sunday breakfast of grilled cheese sandwiches in their new dwelling.

Watcher’s Remarks:

I really love this Pier Palace lot but wish it were larger.
Because of its smaller size, I have difficulty balancing style and function. It’s inconvenient to go upstairs for skilling.
But what the heck, the family will only live there for four more weeks.
Anyway, the focused room is a little off and perhaps something other than a gym should be between the inspired and focused rooms, but this house will do for this challenge.
I’d like to keep thinking about and reworking a home of this sort.

Also, I dearly hope the children will be awesome when they age up to teens as well, but I’ve steeled myself to disappointment. *grits teeth

Thank you for reading!

Next chapter

anything