Author Topic: Re: With a Twist-McCloud Kids Gotta Skill, Dec. 16  (Read 133070 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Re: With a Twist-Surpise! April 21
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2016, 04:51:14 PM »
Twin girls, welcome! I love their conversations, especially about meeting Don's sons xD Congrats on the gold medal, and thanks for the input about the Partihaus. Would you make an exception to the 'no buy' rule to get the chest to store items?

In my no buy story I acquired that chest three times by transforming so no, I wouldn't.  I only said ok for the kids stuff because it was crucial for heirs to be able to achieve their aspirations and I hadn't put any items for them in parks.  What I really would like to have is that closet!  You can do so much with it from having kids play there to having Don play there, (wink, wink).

Would it be against your rules to maybe "inherit" a closet from say someone moving in with one that just couldn't live without their things? ;)

Hmmm, I dunno.  I think it would be a no.  Because if I can move in folks who have stuff it would be too easy.  I have my move ins sell everything or not have anything.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: With a Twist-Surpise! April 21
« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2016, 02:12:14 AM »
It's been a long time, but I'm working on this story now so expect a few updates soon.

----------
My No Buy Story

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: With a Twist-Surpise! April 21
« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2016, 04:15:46 AM »
I'm so sorry this is taking so long.  I keep getting distracted and pulled away from my game due to rl stepping in.  But let me bring you a little bit up to date. 

The twins are now children and I totally missed the leap out of the cribs and the hugs.  They are adorable and both as bright as can be and I am really loving getting to know them.  They are struggling with the Whiz Kid trait as playing chess doesn't seem to want to register!  However, they are maxing skills like crazy.

Kieran is working hard at his career as is Dina and they are both still madly in love with each other.  They are wishing they could have one more child but the house is quite full as it is.  Kieran has completed one aspiration, Leader of the Pack and is working on his second, Master Chef.  Kieran has also been busting his butt at the Pancake's work bench and soon we will have several bath tubs!  YAY!  So far we have end tables, mirrors, dining room table and chairs from his efforts.

Don Lothario doesn't always get the girl, which is a big surprise but so far he has 3 handsome, adorable boys who are in the twins club, a newborn and possibly more on the way.  He is a good, if absent, Dad and often asks the boys over.  He is doing well in his career, is looking very buff, (athlete), so I will soon have a treadmill for the house.  In his spare time he paints very nice pictures and is at a level 8 or 9 I forget which.  I'm actually considering taking away some windows so there is room for the paintings to be hung.

Austin is doing very well at his Science career and has finally brought home TWO cloning machines, a satellite and more stuff from the science lab.  He has aged up to an elder, (I totally missed those screenies too!),  which took care of both Dina and Kieran's requirements for Cook and Mixologist.  I'm so grateful I had "improved" the parks! It made having a gold medal birthday party there much easier.  Yay for free items from the Science lab!

Venkat is the only unemployed house mate as he is my very reluctant writer/gardener/fisherman.  He's at level 9 writing at the moment so I'm hoping for some Books of Life.  I have to lock him in his room to get him to write and just ignore the gloomy face when he gardens.  Other than the mean trait, gloomy is one of the worst!

I have broken my own, no buy, rules and given the girls a lot of the kids room stuff.  I just couldn't resist!  So far there are a few camping showers and toilets and such from using the Connections reward.  This was a HUGE help because I couldn't buy mood lamps so needed those aura producing items.  It is MUCH harder to have the kids and not be able to buy the stuff they need to skill up.  As it is we are often at one park or another so they can use the playground equipment and chess tables. 

The biggest mistake I have made with this so far is having the children so soon.  It would have progressed faster and more smoothly without having to worry about their aspirations and skills while acquiring household items and bringing the founder and helpers up to snuff.  I should have taken it a bit slower, spent more time in Granite Falls at first, maybe searched out better housemates, (Venkat....grrrr), and had more time as just a spouse with Dina.  She was definitely NOT a mistake nor was Don.

I'm hoping before the twins are teens that we will have everything we can acquire from the Science, Athlete, Mixology and Cooking careers.  (I SOOO want to cook at home!)  Next is figuring out what the twins will become!  What "free" item do I want next?  Any thoughts on that?

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: With a Twist-Twin Adventures July 24
« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2016, 05:08:09 PM »
Time flies by so quickly it seems.  First there is the expectation and discomfort of carrying a new life within, with the joys of the first little flutter as the baby stretches and moves, large enough you can feel it, then the fear and pain of birth.  Will my child be ok?  Will it be healthy?  Will it, and I survive?  It is really so unexpected that there is so much pain involved, and exhausting work.  Hard, debilitating, fearsome work.  No wonder they call it labor!  But then, with the first outraged inhalation and scream of rage, it is over, and you are overwhelmed by such joy that you forget, right in that instant you totally forget, just how difficult it all was.  The adventure has begun and you cuddle that soft, warm, little bundle to your heart.  The cries stop.  It remembers that sound, the soft throb of the mother's heart, so full of love.  Finally, that little bundle, or in our case both little bundles, are safe at home just waiting for the world to worship them, care for them, love them.  Obviously the uncles are very good at doing just that!  Just look at their faces.

It seems like just yesterday you were changing them, feeding them, cuddling them.  But today, with a triumphant yell, up they leaped, beautiful little girls.  The heir, Aislyn, and her twin, Airynn, ready to join the adventure! 

Cheerful Aislyn, ready to leap in with a smile.

Airynn, serious and determined to make the best out of being the "spare".

After a trip to the mirror for a quick change of clothes and hair style, they are rushed off with the family to a local gym/spa/yoga place.  This is where Mom and Dad met, fell in love and accepted each other as future man and wife.  How romantic can you get, proposing in a towel in a gym?  Mom sits them down with their "Auntie Liz" who will be with them most of the time when Mom and Dad have to be at work.  She's almost a member of the family being the last of the Pancake family to remain in the McCloud family club. 

Dina:  I know this is going to be really difficult, but it's also going to be fun.  You two are going to have a lot on your plate but I know you can do it!  Dad, Uncle Austin, Uncle Don and I all have jobs so we'll be gone a lot off and on.  This doesn't mean you don't get to see us and it doesn't mean we don't love you with all our hearts.  We'll be the best parents we can be and you will have so much fun learning all kinds of stuff! 

Aislyn:  We'll be just fine, Mommy.  I'm looking forward to learning how to play that violin you bought us.

Airyn:  So, all this is going to prepare us for our future careers and stuff?  Will we be able to play?  I can't wait to play with my Void Critters!  Thanks for getting us such cool stuff Mom.

Dina:  You're welcome, darling.  Yes, you'll have fun.  As a matter of fact, today is going to be a blast!

Dina wandered off to tell Kieran what she had told the girls.  She just didn't have the heart to tell them all of it.  How could she, as a mother, face loosing one of her precious children?  She knew only one would be allowed to live forever.  Worried, she went downstairs.

The girls got to work immediately.  They did their homework, even though school wouldn't happen for them yet, and began to socialize and make friends.  They both wanted to max ALL the childhood aspirations and knew that Social Butterfly could be a killer.  Still, what better place to meet new people and make some friends than at a busy gym? 

The day seemed to fly by for them.  Mom and Dad had left for work and true to her word Liz and the available Uncle Austin, took the girls home and watched over them as they worked on one aspiration after another.  Mostly, Liz painted on Don's easel and Austin worked in his garden but they did check in regularly and were never disappointed.  These little ladies were hard workers!

Finally, Uncle Don came home from work.  The first of the working family members to arrive.  After cleaning up, he lost no time in attempting to fill his other job.  Romance!  He met a charming woman by the "ol fishin' hole" and turned on the love vibe with his special outfit.  It seemed to be working well!

Unfortunately, just as things were moving along in the direction he wanted to take, the phone rang.

Don:  You gotta be kiddin' me.  Of course I'm friends with.........

Opportunity lost.  Like a butterfly, the lady flitted off before he could make his move.  Better luck next time, Don!  With three sons and a daughter already here,   he figured he had lots of time before the town got too empty.

The next day was going to be a "fun" day for the family.  Off they trekked to the local park.  Lots of things for kids and adults to do! 

Uncle Austin was feeling Playful, so off he went to paint a Playful picture or two.  Good way to keep him amused and out of his normal gloomy feelings.

Aislyn and Airynn took the opportunity to play Pirates!  Great way to work on their motor skills, another aspiration they wanted to complete.  Airynn was always up for adventure it seems.

Auntie Liz got into the action as well!

Have you ever seen a more fierce-some monster?  Airynn just thought it was hilarious but our cheerful Aislyn took it seriously and fired salvo after salvo at the monster by the starboard bow.

Meanwhile, Uncle Don decided to work on his fitness skills.  He had to be a pretty high level if he was ever to become a Pro-Athlete.  Or was it just he saw another pretty candidate for his collection?  Whatever the case, off he ran with vim and vigor!

Since the "sea monster" had found other waters to swim in, obviously daunted by the sharp precision of the gunnery mate, the girls set about playing on the monkey bars and making friends.  First new member of their Kidz Klub, Don's son Rez.

The fountain was just too great a temptation on this hot and sunny day!  Who can jump the highest and make the biggest splash?

Once the water fun was over, Dina sat on the ledge surrounding the pool.  She thought about how lucky she was.  She had been a "plain Jane" with not too much to recommend her,  yet here she was with a handsome, talented, loving husband and two of the brightest and most adorable children ever.  Her job was going well and she was moving up the ladder of success.  Pretty soon that desirable bar would be her prize and she could just quit work and focus on family.  Yes, life was good.  She breathed in the sparkling fresh air as a soft breeze caressed her cheek.  Life was indeed good.

Aislyn:  I love you so so much, Sissy.

Airynn:  I love you too, Big Sis!  *girly giggles from both of them*

Both:  Frisbees!

Airynn:  There.  That's us.  Best friends forever!

Aislyn:  Forever and a day!  Let's go play some more!  Tag!  You're it!

And off they ran toward their new adventure.........................................

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Re: With a Twist-Twin Adventures July 24
« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2016, 06:11:12 PM »
I really appreciated your April 21 recap, as I'd forgotten who the housemates were/had been.

Aislynn and Airynn are so cute but of course that's no surprise when we consider how gorgeous their parents are!

I'm not sure what you mean by "free item" but if you are talking about buying an object that is in Buy mode, I would vote for the water slide (if you have the Backyard Stuff Pack).
Why? Because you create such great play areas so I'd love to see what kind of backyard playground you design.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: With a Twist-Twin Adventures July 24
« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2016, 12:16:57 AM »
@oshizu :  By "free item" I really should have said reward item for reaching a certain point in a career.  However, in the case of Science items, it's the stuff he can make with his "friend", Giz, (short for Gizmo), the big computerized mechanical machine.  So he has taken home everything from the different levels except hasn't made a wormhole generator yet.  That will be next.  I think the girls would love a trip to Sixam!

I won't be building a gorgeous play area unless the water slide is in Build Mode.  Then I definitely will!  So far there is a pool and garden and the outdoor stuff he could buy at the kiosk in Granite Falls. 

We're at the point now where things are starting to come in from job related rewards, like we now have a frig!! That was a HUGE blessing.  Next will be a stove and then Kieran can quit.  My plan is to have folks work until they get the items I want and then have them quit unless I just want them out of my hair, and work often is great for that!

----------
My No Buy Story

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: With a Twist-Just Another Day July 26
« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2016, 04:27:52 PM »
Sometimes being a Watcher is fun and exciting.  Surprising things happen.  My watched Sims just take it in their pixilated heads to do something outrageous and funny.  But here I chronicle just another day, busy, but not terribly exciting.  Bear with me.  It WILL get better!  So don't expect a lot of excitement for this day, but as a Watcher, I feel I should let you know what has been going on.

Kieran:  She's really full of herself today, isn't she Dina?

Dina:  Well, yeah, but it's not always that easy being a Watcher you know.  Cut her some slack.

Kieran:  You can cut her all the slack you want, me I have other plans.

Dina:  Whooo hooo!

Kieran:  That's the idea, hon! 

*sigh* Well, I guess I'm not needed here.  I did tell them only the first time would be "watched".

As I was saying, on this ordinary day, not much was going on.  It was Alton's birthday so I guess that should be commemorated.  Both Dina and Kieran needed one more gold medal party and they both needed to mix drinks and fix food for their job requirements so off they all went, the entire house hold, to Oasis Springs Park.  We find Don there, being Don.  Apparently birthday events were not number one on his mind.

Don, didn't anyone tell you you are wearing the wrong hat?  What?  Oh, oshizu did.  *sigh*  He never listens.  Who knew that kissy face pink, white and brown thing was the flirty hat?  And how is it kids can get to wear those things?! 

So cake was baked, confetti thrown and drinks were made.  The girls got to dress up in their party best and eat something other than garden salad for once.

Alton aged up quite nicely, if not with the best clothes in the world.  How did I miss sending him to the mirror?

Apparently this was all the "fun" they could handle at the moment so it had to be back to serious stuff. Kieran had to work on his gourmet cooking so it was off to the Pancakes house.

Bob:  Hey, Kieran!  You still cooking?

Kieran:  Yeah.  Just a sec.  I wanna make something new for you to try.

Bob:  Dude you gotta see this!  I've never seen a chef throw his knives so high.

Kieran:  Ok, I'm coming.........whoa!  You're right.  Guess I can chill for a bit.  Glad we're still friends.  I hated to have to kick you outta the club but had to make room for my girls.  No offense buddy.

Bob:  None taken.  Family first, Dude.  I totally understand.

Bob:  So where's the girls anyway?

Kieran:  Outside practicing their violin.  Almost done with Artistic Prodigy and work to work on adult violin skill.  They really stick to it.  Maybe later they'll play for us.

Bob:  Uhhhhh, that's ok I gotta go to work anyway.

Dina:  Hi girls!  Sounding pretty good there.  Daddy inside?

(muffled voices in unison)  yup.

Bob having "left for work", Kieran went upstairs to build stuff on the work bench while Don worked out and Venkat played chess.  Keeping this crew busy all the time is a Watcher's nightmare, but at least we got more furniture out of it, and Don got a promotion!  Before you know it that weight machine will be ours.

Alton:  Now you girls eat every bite of that salad your dad made while you listen.  Ok?

Girls:  Ok, Uncle Alton.

Kieran:  Everyone ready?  This is a story about a little, lost unicorn.  Once upon a ......

Having finished their meal and been enthralled by the story, the girls decided to put on a show for their Auntie Liz.  They got to enjoy that special time because unless their homework was done every day, and unless they kept up an A average and did their requirement chores, they would not be allowed to use the puppet theater.  Obviously the girls were doing quite well.  Let's let the show begin....

Who is that little boy you say?  It's one of Don's sons.  I always get them all mixed up but Don now has three sons and one daughter, Waylon Capriciosa, Rez Rosa, Cornelius Coe and Marley Behr.  This little boy is either Waylon or Rez.  Don had invited him over earlier on.

Don:  Hey son!  Glad you could come on over. 

Don:  Say, there's someone I'd like you to meet but however a selfie first? Then you can go in and play, ok?

Well, that's it.  Just another ordinary day.  Maybe tomorrow's day will be more exciting.  Or not.  Watcher's never know.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Re: With a Twist-Just Another Day July 26
« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2016, 05:07:35 PM »
Woot woot! You household gets closer and closer to having their own stove and bar!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: With a Twist-The Debbil Made Me Do It July 26
« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2016, 08:20:07 PM »
@oshizu :  But wait!  There's more!  ;)

**************************************************************************************************

It looked like it was going to be another one of those quiet, peaceful, not much happening days.  Everyone had been very good about working on a variety of skills.  Things had been transformed.  Potions had been duplicated.  Promotions were coming in regularly.  After having made some hamburgers at a roadside grill, the family brought them home for a quick meal and family discussion.  Decisions had to be made as to where each one would fit in from now on.  No one was particularly paying any attention to Venkat.  He was the quiet sort, at least when he wasn't moaning about one thing or another, so he often got overlooked.  No one saw him twitch his finger and click on something.  No one saw it the second time either, although a brief moment of anger passed through some of the neighbors outside.  Just a quiet dinner all together for once.

Everyone got up to go about their business.  Dina was going to research some recipes or maybe just fool around on the pc.  Liz, Don and Kieran were all going fishing again.  Humming a tune from Sims and Dolls, (I think it had some words like "and the devil will drag you under" in it), Venkat smiled, and twitching his finger once more caused.......................first Dina....

and then Liz, Don and Kieran..................

Venkat:  Hmmm.  I always wondered what THAT button did. (laughs mischievously)

Now, this may seem very funny to you all who are reading this, but let me tell you it definitely was not funny to a Watcher at all!  Both Kieran and Dina had to be at work within a few minutes.  It was a crucial time, especially for Kieran, as thoughts of the marvelous fridge he'd get with his next promotion flowed through his dreaming brain, and caused the Watcher to shriek with frustration!  There were only two ways to fix this.  One, cheat.  Not acceptable.  Two go on vacation!  Sometimes Watchers are brilliant!  What the heck, the family needed a break anyway.  That was definitely going to be the end of THAT satellite!  Abductions not withstanding it just wasn't worth it to have some prankster fooling with it.

In a blink of an eye they were all in Granite Falls.

Venkat:  Ok, ok, so it was a sneaky thing to do.  But someone want to tell me we didn't all need a break?  This Watcher of ours never lets up!  No fun unless it's skill and dynasty related.  Come on, already!  Ok, I'm for fishing, anyone care to join me?

Dina:  No, thank you.  I'm still too mad at you.  I think I'll just have a shower to cool down and then maybe play some horseshoes.

Don:  Me too.  I could actually use a break and really people, we've got the vacay time and the girls won't even miss school.

Kieran:  C'mon girls.  You're with me.  I've got some great things to show you deeper in the woods.

Off they went in search of adventure.

Kieran:  (Takes deep breath.)  Ahhhh.  Just smell that air!  Isn't this terrific?

Aislyn:  Yeah!  Wow it really is cool here!  I'm gonna go see if I meet anyone new.  You comin' Air?

Airynn:  I'm gonna check out that Ranger Lodge.  See ya at the lake?

Airynn:  Whoa!  Way cool!  I wonder if I can catch something like this myself?  Hope they don't bite.

Aislyn:  Shiney!!  I wonder what that is?

Kieran:  Two, three, four....ok, that's enough.  Hmmm.  Wonder if I can find the path to the hermit's house?  The girls would love it there and who knows, maybe we'd catch another shower.  Free is a very good price!

Kieran:  Yep.  There it is, right where I thought it would be.  I'd have missed it if I hadn't almost tripped on this rock.

Kieran:  So girls, this is where the hermit behind the falls lives.  It's a pretty cool place to find insects, strange plants and buried treasures.  If you're lucky, you might even meet the hermit.  Pretty shy person so you might or might not.  I'm gonna see if I can find some blackberry plants for Venkat what are you two up to?

Aislyn:  Treasure hunt!  I love digging up the sparklies.

Airynn:  Fishing for me.  And who knows, maybe I'll find some interesting insects.

Kieran:  Ok, meet you at the falls for some family fishing, ok?

Aislyn:  Got it Daddy.  See ya soon!  Last one to the river's a rotten egg!
***********************************************************************************************

Kieran:  There ya are!  Venkat's going to love this for his garden.  And I'm gonna love blackberry pie and preserves!

They don't have preserves in Sims4, Kieran.

Kieran:  Shut it Watcher.  Who knows what may come up?  Eh?

Find your girls, Kieran.  You've got fish to catch.

Aislyn:  Diamonds.  I just know it's gonna have diamonds this time.

Airynn:  Hah!  A beautiful cast.  Look at that bobber fly!  No rotten eggs for this girl!  No siree!

Anyone have memories like this?  Dad, you, fishing?  Those were the days my friend.

Airynn:  Dad!  Check it out!  There's like a huge swarm of some sort of flying bug over there.  I'm gonna try and get one.

Kieran:  Ok, sweetie.  Just watch out for mosquitoes and things that might sting you.

Airynn:  C'mere little guy.  I'm not gonna hurt you.

Airynn:  Gotcha!  Ohhh, you are SO cute!  You tickle. *giggles*

Airynn:  I'm gonna take you home and I'm gonna hug you and kiss you and call you George!

Airynn:  And there's those mosquitoes Daddy told me about!  Shoo!  Go away!  I don't taste good!

Aislyn:  So you got your bugs?  Are they cute?

Airynn:  Yes, and yes.  His name is George.

Aislyn:  Right.  George.  What if "he" is a Georgette?

Airynn:  Oh, go read your book.  What kind of way is that to fish anyway?

Aislyn:  Hey, I'm already up to level two and I didn't have to put a slimy ol' worm on a hook either.

Kieran:  Ok, girls, that's it.  Getting late and your mother will be worried.  Let's head on back to camp.  Who wants to roast marshmallows?

Unison voices:  MEEEE!

Kieran:  Ok, everybody know this one?  Sing along....."In a cabin, in a canyon, excavating............

Unison:  "for a mine.  Lived a miner, forty-niner and his daughter........

Venkat:    "till I kissed her little sister and forgot my Clementine."  Good one Kieran!  You've really come along with that guitar playing.  Wow.  Who knew that song was so long?  Ok, everyone ready for a ghost story?  It's about a gnarly ol' sea dog of a pirate.......

The evening was over with much too soon.  They couldn't even spend the night there as the girls had must-not-be-missed school the next day.  Back they traveled to their favorite haunt.

Dina: Whoo hoo!  That was fun, wasn't it?  Rally on troops!

And on they rallied.  Kieran cooked, Don mentored, Alton ran, and Grim tried to pick up Dina who he had a heart throb for.   Hmmmm, isn't Liz looking a little "round"?

'Nuff said.  Till tomorrow my friends.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: With a Twist-The Debbil Made Me Do It July 26 2nd update
« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2016, 10:31:29 PM »
Wow! What incredible mischief! Great solution, though. A vacation was a brilliant idea. I do have memories of fishing off a dock with my Dad. I was always pretty squeamish, though, refusing to bait my own hook or take the fish off once caught. Then, I stepped on a fish laying on the dock in bare feet and I was done! Still fun memories, though.
(P.S. Yay baby Pancakes!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Re: With a Twist-The Debbil Made Me Do It July 26 2nd update
« Reply #71 on: July 27, 2016, 04:56:57 PM »
Me, too, many fond memories of fishing with my dad off the Ventura pier!
Boo, Venkat! He needs to be punished!
Great solution, Watcher, for preventing Kieran and Dina from spoiling the progress they'd made on their job performance bar!
The twins are so cute and you captured so many great moments with them with Papa Kieran!
I see Eliza in the last two shots--does she live with the household now or just a frequent visitor?
Lovely chapter!

P.S. When I clicked your chapter link for "The Debbil Made Me Do It," it took me to your screenshot of Grim macking o Dina at the gym.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: With a Twist-The Debbil Made Me Do It July 26 2nd update
« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2016, 07:04:24 PM »
@FrancescaFiori :  I absolutely panicked when everyone dropped down asleep!  I really had no clue at first what was going on but since I use pause, a lot!, I had time to calm down a bit and think about what I could do.  Kieran was due at work in less than 10 minutes and I didn't know if just Travel, like to another local lot, would do the trick and just hoped going on vacation would register, use up one of his vacay days and we'd all be good.  So my three Sims who worked weekends were safe.  I have since decided I'd rather risk abduction than have some Sim decide to play with the satellite.  As for Pancake baby, I wonder what Bob is going to think about all of this as he is usually quite romantic with Eliza.

@oshizu :  Thanks for the heads up on the link!  I usually test them before I post them but I was so tired I didn't.  All fixed now.

I so regret having Venkat as a helper.  He is hard to keep happy, is not fond of gardening, HATES to sit and write, and in general is a royal pain.  I can't wait till Grim gets his number!  The satellite is now in household inventory. I didn't know random Sims would do that.

Eliza is a club member.  The only one who isn't part of the household.  If she wasn't pregnant I'd invite her to move in but that wouldn't work with an 8 Sim limit.  Grim has sent his first message to Alton though so if he passes before she gives birth I might consider her.  She's usually a good worker and with a little help, turns out to be quite attractive.  I use my clubs a lot to keep their motives up so I don't have to use potions.  My poor Sims never get any sleep!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: With a Twist-Skillin' and Chillin' July 28
« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2016, 05:00:58 PM »
Aislyn:  We get dragged out of the house for oatmeal?  Really?  (whines)

Airynn:  Dad's been busy and we all have our sacrifices to make, right Auntie Liz?

Eliza:  Eat your oatmeal and quite complaining.  You guys have another busy day ahead of you.  If all goes well your Uncle Don will be high enough in his career to get that work out equipment the family wants.

*double grumbling*

Don:  Foot work!  Foot work!  How many times do I have to tell you to stay fast on your feet?

Venkat:  Oooph!  Slave driver.  Who ever heard of a trainer wearing a towel?

Don:  Ok, slacker!  Push it, push it, push it!

Kieran:  Did you ever hear the phrase, you get more flies with honey?

Don:  There's no "honey" here mister!  Now put your back into it!

Don:  What, you think this is day care?  Hard?  This doesn't even begin to be hard.  Push yourself!  C'mon!  What do I see there?  WRONG!

Don: You wanna look good you gotta work for it, boy!  I'm gonna see you sweat!  C'mon now!  Five more!

Don:  That's it!  Now that's more like it.  We'll have you fit and buff in no time with you working like that!  You're doing great.

Kieran:  A bit over the top Don.  I know you want to practice your mentoring but there's got to be a happy medium here.  A little less drill sergeant and not too much "atta boy" and you'll have it made.

Don:  Yeah, you're right.  So you think I'll get that promotion today? 

Kieran:  Hope so.  You sure have worked, (us), hard for it.

Don:  Well, today IS your birthday after all.  Time is marching on and you want to be in as good a shape as you can while you still can do it.

Aislyn:  *giggles*  Mr. Grim you sure are good at this!  Who knew chess could be such fun!  I get to watch those goofy guys getting all sweaty and we get to know each other.

Grim:  Happy to oblige Miss Aislyn.  Glad to make a new friend.  It's tough to do in my line of work you know.

Aislyn:  I sure don't know why.  You're a pretty nice guy and tell the best jokes!  You sure you want to make that move?

Later that evening.........

Don:  So you ready to age up?

Kieran:  No, but I don't have a choice.  Well, I have to cook for my job requirements anyway so it might as well include birthday cake.

Don:  Oh, by the way.  Have I introduced you to my son, Rez?  Personally I think he's a bit old to still be in Kidz Klub but whatever.

Rez:  No, Dad you are absolutely right.  I've been meaning to quit.  I mean, it was fun for awhile but the girls I want to play with are a bit older and a lot different games if you get my drift.

Don:  That's my boy all right!

Jabar:  So, do I get to be in the club now there is room?

Airynn:  Sure.  The more the merrier. 

Jabar:  So how come you're the leader of the club?  I thought your older sister Aislyn would do it.

Airynn:  She said something about 'avoiding glitches'.  I dunno.  Besides, it gives me something to do.  I'm the "spare" you know.

Jabar:  Yeah, I know.  Sorry about that.

Aislyn:  I'm really glad you joined the club, Marley.  It was awful having all boys in it, although some of them are kinda cute.  (giggles)

Marley:  I don't know.  I'm not too fond of the male of the species.  I mean, look at what happened with my Mom?  She has to raise me all on her own and just because she fell in love with a handsome face.

Aislyn:  But he's a good Dad even so, isn't he?  I guess we both have to watch out for that type though.  Thank heaven we're just kids!

Kieran:  Hmmm, what should I wish for?  I've got pretty much all I want.  A lovely wife, great kids, good friends...........

Don:  Happy birthday, dude!  And many more....

Girls:  Happy birthday, Daddy!  We love you!

Happy birthday, Kieran!  You been a great Sim to watch so far!  Best wishes...

The rest of the evening went by as one would expect.  With a few changes of clothing, they all went about their own activities.  Venkat tried to fish out one more violin........

Don, after changing out of his workout clothes, a bit too late for the birthday party, went fishing as well.

Meanwhile, he kept watching another son of his, Cornelius Coe, who had acquired some of the bad traits of his mean mother and wanted to do nothing but play foosball.

With his children aging up rapidly, Don realized he would soon have to take up the task of providing more children for the town.  Ah well, it was a hard job but someone had to do it.  As for our birthday boy, Mr. Casual decided it was time to take up painting and call it a night.

and so will we..............

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Re: With a Twist-Skillin' and Chillin' July 28
« Reply #74 on: July 29, 2016, 10:26:25 AM »
Would it help to give Venkat the Carefree trait? I don't know, I've never played a Gloomy sim before--he sounds like a such a pain.
I say give him a Prose & Pop, then lock him up in a writing room (his bedroom?) with a speaker and nice room decor.

Speaking of Venkat, is it possible to place a satellite dish outdoors with a little locked fence around it? I've never tried it and am not in the game, but just wondering.

Wow, I was so shocked to hear that Kieran was having a birthday then realized it was only his Adult birthday, lol.
Erm, odd shot of Don with his confetti blower during Kieran's birthday. (Why do sims do that!? The devs are surely toying with us!)

Absolutely love seeing the shots of Don's progeny!