Author Topic: Re: With a Twist-McCloud Kids Gotta Skill, Dec. 16  (Read 133839 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: With a Twist-Vacay? Really? Aug. 15
« Reply #120 on: August 15, 2016, 06:58:50 PM »
@FrancescaFiori :  Well, it IS possible to max the Rocket Science skill without the rocket and to Max the Astronaut career as well.  It just takes longer, so my Sim would have to start reading rocket science books either as a child or teen and then join the Astronaut career after acquiring Connections.  And I think I know how and who. hmmm
**************************************************************************************************

Airynn:  So, this is supposed to be a vacation, right?  So how come we're stuck here doing homework?

Aislyn:  You know how it is.  Watcher and Mom will no way let us off without doing our homework.  We'll have to be back in school Monday and unless we've completed it all we're stuck on these logs till done.

Airynn:  Meanwhile the old folks get to go fishing and play games.  (sigh)  Just not fair.

Aislyn:  Cheer up, Sis.  At least there aren't any mosquitos around for once!  And at least we get to sit down to a decent meal instead of just potions and stuff.  Mom is almost as good a cook as Dad.

Don:  Dina, are you SURE you want to try this?

Dina:  Quiet, old man.  I'll whomp the daylights out of both of you.  I'm good at this game!

Dina:  Five says the next one's a ringer.

Ven:  Don't bet against her, Don.  She's a shark.

Don:  Go for it, girl!

Don:  Aaaahhh, the call of the wild.  Fresh air, cool breezes, fish to catch and moodlet managers to keep everything good.  Love it!

Ven:  Arrrrgggghhhh.  Beaten by a female once again!

Airynn:  Cheer up, Uncle Ven.  I'll be your partner next time around.  At least that way you won't get beaten by a kid as well. (snickers)

Aislyn:  My friends would never believe this.  Gotta take a selfie to prove we were roughing it.  Can hardly wait to be back home!

Aislyn:  Why oh why won't I stop itching?  Ok, I got points in Herbalism skill and working on Outdoor Enthusiast but this ITCHING!!!

Ven:  Yeah, and more work in the garden for me.  Wow.  The grounds have really gone to pot while we've been gone.  You'd think Kieran would at least have mowed.

Dina:  Come on now!  Glass half full people!  We had fun, skills were worked on, got more fish for the collection.  It's good to be home but I for one am glad I went. As for Kieran, you know he had to stay to get that last promotion and it means a completed kitchen so quit grousing about it.

Don:  Mmmm.  I can almost smell the trout meuniere now!

And so dear friends and readers, we leave our little family to their respective chores and challenges for one more day.  This was just a brief respite, and admittedly, not much of a vacay, but maybe another time.

What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Re: With a Twist-Vacay? Really? Aug. 15
« Reply #121 on: August 15, 2016, 07:19:12 PM »
Oh Aislyn is working on Outdoor Enthusiast? Brave, brave girl!
My sims can never complete "Sleep in a tent five nights." Or at least I'm too impatient and always change their aspiration...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: With a Twist-Vacay? Really? Aug. 15
« Reply #122 on: August 15, 2016, 09:45:53 PM »
She's got to have two aspirations completed and the potions that come from herbalism are pretty cool.  So when I want to do this particular aspiration, I send off two or three Sims with tents and other gear, and have them work on handiness, charisma, herbalism, gardening, collecting, fishing and cooking all at the same time.  Since they are at the hermit's house they can get to do it all, depending on what each one wants to accomplish.  Sleeping in a tent is therefor no problem since you can't use Rally the Troops there and moodlet managers get to be pretty spendy.  She will no longer be in school when she needs to do this so a 5 day vacation is entirely possible.  Other than that, I usually have at least one Sim carrying a tent in their personal inventory/back pack.  So if they all go to a park, for instance, the one that needs to sleep in a tent does while the others do other things.  I also usually have a tent in the backyard, (two at this time), and if allowed, there will be one upstairs in the Luxe Gym.  Tents are extremely useful!  If I was ever doing an apocalypse I'd have the large tent, sleeps 4, down in an empty basement for an extra bedroom.  Sure, I couldn't move it, but it would be where that didn't matter anyway.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Re: With a Twist-Vacay? Really? Aug. 15
« Reply #123 on: August 15, 2016, 11:06:06 PM »
Okay, I can see how 5 nights of sleeping in a tent could be more easily accomplished during an extended stay at the hermits.
Working sims lose their mood boosts if the other sims aren't on the home lot, though, so I tend not to take long trips unless career promotions aren't an issue (like after the older generation has maxed their careers already or are close to the top).
In my dynasty, my sim just switched to a different aspiration. I'll need to complete Outdoor Enthusiast for the legacy, though.
Will you wait to buy Aislynn "Never Weary" until only after you do the tent sleeping?

The Apocalypse Challenge is diabolical; tents can't be used without first clearing the Astronaut/Space Ranger career. ;-)

I'll be reading to learn how Aislynn clears Outdoor Enthusiast.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: With a Twist-Portraits Aug. 16
« Reply #124 on: August 16, 2016, 03:27:32 PM »
Aislyn:  Uncle Don?  Is it awful being old?

Don:  Well, it's not great for sure but a whole lot better than the alternative.  Which is probably going to happen fairly soon now.

Aislyn:  Alternative?  Oh.  You mean death.

Don:  Yep.  Your old friend G.R. will probably be paying a visit soon.  We're all getting older.  Even you.  But......hmmmm.  Your Dad talk to you about "Dynasty"?

Aislyn:  Yeah.  He and I will live like, forever, but you, Mom, Sis and a lot of other people we love will have to go with Grim.  So I understand.  I don't like it at all, but I understand.  Ummm, I guess it's time then.

Don:  Time?

Aislyn: Yeah, time to do family portraits.  I want a picture of all of you that are still here.  I know you can't go in the family museum per se, but I want a clear memory of you for when I get older and start to forget things.

Don:  Ok, cutie.  You stand right where you are and I'll start with you.  Ok?

Aislyn:  Ok, but only if I get to paint you next.

Don:  You got it.

Venkat:  You're kidding me right?  No one ever puts helpers in their family museum or portrait gallery.  Or anyway, not many do.  Well, I'll be darned.  Looks like I get to be famous after all.  Paint away Ais.

Airynn:  But....but...I'm not old.  Why me?

Aislyn:  Because you're my twin and therefor cute and adorable and I need the practice doing portraits.  Besides, you are as important to this family as I am even if you aren't the heir.  Now hold still.

Airynn:  Thanks, Ais.  I promise, if I get to be a writer, I'll write a Book of Life Epic Story just about you.

Dina:  Are you sure this is right?  It's ok with me wearing this outfit?  Maybe I should do my hair differently.

Aislyn:  Mom!  You're fine!  I happen to like you in that outfit.  It's from fun times with you.  Now hold still and let me try to capture just how beautiful you are.

Kieran:  We don't really need another portrait you know.  Your Uncle Don already did one for the museum.

Aislyn:  Daddy, don't you want me painting you?  Do you think I won't do as good a job as Uncle Don?  Maybe I should......

Kieran:  Errrrr, of course I do sweetie.  And I know yours will be perfect.  A true masterpiece.  You go ahead.  I'll just sit here and keep my big mouth shut.

And so the day went with Aislyn and Don painting happily side by side, portrait after portrait.  Don was so proud of his student.  He had mentored her up to level 10 painting in a little over a day and her work was excellent.  She even had a few masterpieces to her name.  At least she'll get to be the renowned artist he always thought she'd be, even if he wasn't there to see it.

Meanwhile, Venkat was having a day of his own.  He had worked pretty hard in his garden this day.  Everything was watered, weeded, bug free and trim as could be.  He finally had come to the point where he actually enjoyed the garden.  Pride swelled in his chest as he surveyed all the plants coming along so well.  Even the death flower was blooming.  He knew it would be up to the rest of the family to carry it on once he was gone, but for now he could look at it with pride.  After a happy sigh at his achievement, he walked over to Moovelous the Cow Plant to give her some food.  No cake for him!

Venkat:  Hey there, old girl.  Hungry?  No, no cake thank you.  Nice of you to offer but not today.  Here ya go.

Venkat:  Oh?  Wanna play do you?  Feeling a bit feisty after that meal?  Ok, let's go then.

Venkat:  Whoa!  Almost got me that time!  Ok, enough is enough.  Maybe we'll play more later, or tomorrow.  Ok?

Venkat:  There, there sweet thing.  Who's the best Cow Plant in the garden?  You are, that's who.  I do love you, you beauty.  Ok, that's enough lovin' for now.  I'm going to dance a bit before we all go over to the Pancake house.

Was Moovelous watching sadly as her best friend danced?  I guess I don't want to get close enough to ask.  Don was really cutting loose and showing all his best moooves, so maybe she did.

Venkat:  Oh yeah, baby.  Who's the Dance Machine now?  I got the moves, baby. Uh huh, uh huh, that's the way I like it....uh huh.

As it turned out, it was yet another beautiful day in the neighborhood.  Folks were out jogging and power walking, sun was shining, everyone had a smile of their face.  Dina and Don took the opportunity of having nothing much more to do, to go fishing together.  Why not?  It was fun and the family could always use more angelfish.  They hadn't been doing as good in that department as was needed.

Dina:  How're they bitin' Don?

Don:  Pretty good.  No angelfish so far but I got a nice catfish we can have for dinner.

Dina:  Great!  I love fried catfish!  Have some hush puppies along with it and some nice greens and it's a fabulous meal.  Still, if it's angelfish we're after maybe you should switch bait?

Venkat had also taken the day off from work for a little fun.  Why not?  He'd gotten the promotion he had wanted and proved to himself he could do the job.  Time for a little relaxation, right?  Only, maybe the sun was a bit too warm, or the day too bright.  Maybe it was....

Venkat:  Huh?  What?  Who's there?  I'm a.....little dizzy.....too much dancing maybe. 

Venkat:  Whoa.  How'd I get down here?  I don't remember falling.  What?  Oh.  Oh no.  Oh dear heavens. 

GR:  Hello, Ven.  Sorry old boy but, well, you know the drill.

Venkat:  Wish I could say I was happy to see you.  My time is it?

GR:  Yeah.  Nice day for it.  Uh, you wanna wait till the family is here?  I got a bit of paper work to do first.  You know.....what you life was like, current address, social status...next of kin.  All that stuff.

Venkat:  No.  Best get it over with.  Be gentle, ok?  Oh, and try to not mess up the hair or clothes.  Wanna look my best when I move on.

GR:  You got it buddy. 

Kieran:  What was that?  I could have sworn I heard something.  Like a bell sounding.  Strange.

Don:  What!!?  Oh no!  Hang on, buddy, I'm coming!  Don't you go!  Don't you go!

Don:  Ven....Ven.....oh Ven....

Maalke:  Ven...honey..   I forgive you.  I really did love you.

The Grim Reaper rose up into the air, the embodiment of death itself.  With scythe in hand he swooped up and over Venkat's still body while the two women Ven had loved and his best friend looked sadly on.  True to his word, he gently took Ven's soul to the next realm, where hopefully he will find peace and the recognition he so rarely got in this one.

Later that night the family gathered together in the garden, a final farewell to their friend.  It seemed so empty now, without his presence.  Even the burgeoning growth of the plant he tended seemed dimmer somehow.

The sound of the water descending softly upon the uplifted faces of the garden plants could not hide the sound of the tears that fell as well.  Gone, too soon, Ven.  May you rest in peace.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Re: With a Twist-Portraits Aug. 16
« Reply #125 on: August 16, 2016, 04:32:51 PM »
Aislyn and Don are so touching together here, painting together. Don the proud mentor with his talented disciiple!

Oh no, Ven, just as you were becoming such a lovable sim, too! *grabs tissue
I loved him dancing in his white suit reminiscent of Saturday Night Fever and I'm currently listening to KC and the Sunshine Band on Youtube (That's The Way I Like It) in Ven's honor.
It's wonderful that Venkat had earned the friendship and love of the household in his final days.
You mention "the two women he loved." Who's that other woman in the turquoise cardigan? I'm so glad we got to meet Everly!

And I'm surprised to see how large the garden is! What a great but sad chapter.
Farwell, Venkat! We will remember you! *sniff sniff

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #126 on: August 16, 2016, 09:44:52 PM »
@oshizu :  The large garden is because I seldom graft, although I need to do it now to help Aislynn along.  I'm kind of considering gardening a whole family aspiration.  Gives them all something to do.  I'll thin it out once they reach perfect and just keep the most important ones, money makers and death flowers.

You're strugging with one of your Sims in her culinary career.  You do the whole routine before she goes to work, right?  It takes about 3 Sim hours to do it all.  I start with the shower, a drink of prose and pop or an inspired potion, an ylang ylang massage maybe, (not in my case, don't have the table), and definitely a few minutes of cloud gazing.  I'll have incense going while she bathes or sits and drinks her p & P.
Also, my kitchen/dining area is one huge inspired room.  Have her do gourmet cooking like the big cakes.  It takes less of them to reach her daily goal although there is still the chance of dropped queues.  She'll wind up Very Inspired and if you set the club mood to inspired she should be good for the whole work day.  Faster promotions.

I had never used mentoring before this game.  DUH!  It's amazing how fast they skill up with it and it's fun watching their actions.

----------
My No Buy Story

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #127 on: August 17, 2016, 12:53:11 AM »
I love the portrait painting! I can't wait to see them all.
I agree with oshizu that Venkat looks great in his snazzy white suit. I'm glad he got such a sweet send off, surrounded by sims he loved. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: With a Twist-Changes Aug. 17
« Reply #128 on: August 17, 2016, 06:00:34 PM »

Kieran:  Well family, things are very different now.  Lots of changes.  I'm almost ready for my elder birthday, Don, Dina and our friend, Liz, have all had theirs and it worries me that their time is rapidly counting down.  We just lost another one we loved and it has hit us hard in so many ways.  Liz, I wish I could have taken you and your boy in to live here but we couldn't do that to Bob.  It wouldn't have been fair or kind.  Hard enough to exclude him from the club.

Liz:  I understand, Kieran.  Just make sure Christopher is ok when I do finally leave for the next world.  Ok?

Dina:  Of course we will!  You're my best friend so you know we'll take care of things, right Kieran?

Kieran:  Absolutely right, hon.  So, you all know we had two open spots.  In deference to someone who has been my friend since I got here, I asked Don's ok and having talked to all of his boys, we decided to bring Rez and Waylon to come live with us.  So, welcome to the family boys.

Waylon:  Thank you so much.  We've always felt like part of this family and this just makes it even better.  Plus, I'll get to be with my Dad for quite some time now. 

Rez:  Yes.  Thank you.  It's going to be good to be with Dad and it's not like the others are going to be ignored.  They are all part of either Don's Kidz Klub or Airynn's Kidz Klub so we'll all be able to be together often.

Kieran:  You boys know what you are in for, right?  Heavy skilling, jobs to enhance the family acquisitions, lots of home chores and fishing.  Plus, even though you get a really nice cushy home to live in, you won't live forever.

Waylon:  We know and it's ok.  We get to be Watched Sims so we know the deal and we're ok with it.

Kieran:  Ok, then!  Eat up and let's get busy!

************************************************************************************************

Don:  I'm really happy for this opportunity, son.  You ready to work with me?  You think you might have what it takes?  I mean, you're my son and you've got a nice build so I'm rarin' to go.

Way:  I guess so.

Don:  Guess?  Guess?  There is no guess, boy.  Champions are not made with "guess".  Let's get a few things straight right from the start, ok?  First of all, while we're training I am not just Dad.  I am your worst nightmare.  I will push you to the limit and beyond.  You think you can handle that?

Way:  I think so.  (Don shakes his head in disbelief.)

Don:  There is NO think!  Now let me see you push!  Lift those legs.  What, are they made of spaghetti?  I've seen dogs lift their legs better than that!

Don:  You are goin' to SWEAT boy!  Sweat!  You wanna be a champ?  You wanna win at professional sports?  You gonna give me everything you got and then some!

Way:  Yes SIR!  I'm ready.

Don:  Great!  Now give me twenty more!

Don:  Ok, that's it.  Your old man needs to work out some and you need to work out different.  We're off to the gym.

*******************************************************************************************

Kieran:  I thought there was a class going on here.

Don:  Hasn't started yet.  They got some wimp, the ol' DBD running it now.  I'm just getting ready and warming up.

Kieran: Whoa!  You're gettin' good at that!

Don:  Yeah, I hardly ever fall now.  Here comes Rez.  He's got a crush on Airynn you know.  They might make a good couple.

Kieran:  Yeah, might.  I dunno.  He might be more into your old job Don.  She really shouldn't marry you know.

Don:  Sad.  Oh well, he'll like the job.  Pretty much the only thing someone so lazy would be good at any way.

Don:  Oh yeah.  I got this!  Yo, Rez!  Get with the rhythm. 

Kieran:  Ok, ladies you know what we're here for.  Dina......lookin' good.  Aislyn, c'mon honey.  Let's get some muscles on you.

Aislyn:  Ok, Dad although I don't see the point.  Artists don't need muscles.

Kieran:  Watcher, you listening? 

W:  I'm here.

Kieran:  This sucks you know.

W:  Yeah, I know.  I hated to see him go too.

Kieran:  Well, every time I hit this bag, guess who I'm thinking of?

W:  Not me I hope.  I just follow the rules.  I wish you all could live forever.  Maybe someday.

Kieran:  You don't even let us keep their ghosts.  Not right, W.  Not right.

W:  Sorry.  I don't do ghosts.  Just hit the bag, Kieran.  You'll feel better.

Way:  So tell, how is this different from working out at home?

Kieran:  More available showers plus the treadmill and punching bag.  You'll be bringing home a treadmill if you max your career.

Way:  Oh, joy.  More workout stuff.

Later that night, at home...............

Don:  Now that is what I was talkin' about.  Good form son.  You are really lookin' good.  That hard work is showin' fast.  Uh, you got a girl friend?

Way:  No time.  No interest.  No girls, no guys.  I got a body to train.

Don:  You might want to rethink that some time in the future.

Way:  This body is a temple and I intend to be the only god in it.  Besides, the only girl I've ever been interested in has her eyes on Rez.

Oh, if you only knew what's ahead.  If you only knew.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: With a Twist-Changes Aug. 17
« Reply #129 on: August 17, 2016, 06:54:10 PM »
Oh! Nice that Don gets to have some time living with his sons! Yet another thing I didn't think about: helpers are most useful getting career rewards in this type of challenge.
Loved Don's headstand! Impressive!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: With a Twist-Teens No More Aug. 17
« Reply #130 on: August 18, 2016, 01:09:24 AM »
Francesca just imagine 4 Sims all having Connections and doing the take every job ploy and see what you'd wind up with in cash and goods.  Tons!  Four desks, 4 pc's, 4 lamps, 4 toilets, etc. etc.  So yeah, having helpers get career rewards is huge.  Plus, if you give everyone frugal your bills are very small.

*********************************************************************************************

It was time.  The twins had each been as busy as they could be.  They both were straight A students, both had maxed several things that would be important for their careers and were well ahead in others.  Some aspirations not yet maxed but the skills were so the rest would be easy peasy.  It was time.  Cakes were baked, party clothes donned, family called to witness.  First up was Airynn, second born, second named but going to be first at the cake.

Airynn:  Are you sure?  Ais?  Ok, here we go, I wish..........

With a lot of fanfare, noise making and confetti, Airynn aged up to a Young Adult with the Creative, Book Worm, and Loves Art traits.  May she have a long and happy life.

Airynn:  Ok, Sis, your turn.  Watch out for the spin it really makes you dizzy.

Aislyn:  Hmmm.  What should I wish for?  Maybe that I won't have to read this book and learn all about baking?  Naaaah.

Aislyn:  You guys are crazy!  Enough with the songs already!  Maybe I should have wished that the Watcher would have remembered I need five parties as well and let me dial this one up?  Just joking, W.

Kieran:  My little girls are all grown up.  Kinda sad when you think about it.  Next thing you know they'll be bringing boys home with that scared "gonna meet the rents" look on their face.  (sigh)

Aislyn:  whooooooossshhhhh!

With another milestone taken care of, everyone ran to get out of the costumes.  It was time for dancing!  There were a few adjustments that had to be made as well.  No one wanted to loose touch with all of Don and Ven's kids, and there were a LOT of them.  The only way to get them over easily was through the clubs.  Hard choices had to be made because no one wanted any bad feelings left.  Kieran, feeling that since he was head of the family, it was his job, went from young man to young man, convincing them gently what was best for them.  They never had to know it was also best for the family!

Kieran:  So Jabar, how's it goin?  I saw you were star gazing with Aislyn a few ago.

Jabar:  Uh, yes sir!  Nothing bad right?  I mean, it's ok to check out the heavenly bodies.  Right?  (And be able to cuddle next to that other heavenly body, but he doesn't have to know that.)

Kieran:  Oh, no.  Quite alright.  You know, girls like Ais start lookin' at guys a bit differently at their age.  They like someone that's kind of mature.  You know.  Wouldn't want someone that was like a kid.  Um, you're in that Kidz Klub, right?

Jabar:  Uh.....yeah.  But really, it hasn't been so great for me any more.  I was actually thinking of resigning.

Kieran:  Resigning?  Well, if you think so.  Really, it's probably a pretty good idea.

Jabar:  I mean.....it's so childish, right?  Why would I even want to be in it?  I'm going to go resign right now!

Kieran:  (one down, two to go.....)

Kieran went from boy to boy.  Pretty soon three slots had been opened up.  It was time for Airynn to step up and do her head of the club thing.

Airynn:  Well, hi there cute stuff.  Who are you?

Don:  Hello.  My name is Donell.  Donell Rosa.  My Dad is Don Lothario.  The guy over there.

Airynn:  Well a big high five on that one then!  I know your Daddy real well.  He's my sort of uncle so that makes you my sort of cousin.

Don:  Cool.  I like that.

Airynn:  You know, we have a special club here.  It's got me, my sis and a lot of your brothers and sisters in it.  You want to join us?  We just got an opening so if you want, I can sign you up.

Don:  Sure!  Do I get to go parties?

Airynn:  You sure do.  With cake and stuff!

Airynn:  Great! Smoochy welcome to the club, Donnie.

Donnie:  Ummmm, you don't do that a lot, do you?

Airynn:  Just for new guys.

Donnie:  'K then.  Selfie?

Airynn:  Absolutely.

Donnie:  Smile pretty, cuz!  (Wait till I show the guys the hot babe I got in my phone!  Never too early to start checkin' 'em out I say.)

Airynn:  (What a cute kid.  I wonder if he's much like his Dad?)

Harrison:  'hlo.  I'm Harrison.  Harrison Rosa.  Donell's younger brother.  Is it ok if I'm up here?  I was kinda curious.

Airynn:  Sure, sweetie.  It's fine.  Just be careful, ok?  Say......you're one of Don's sons right? 

Harrison:  Uh, yeah.  Why?

Airynn:  Well, we've got this club that has all your brothers and sisters in it.  Donnie just joined tonight.  Would you like to join?

Harrison:  I'd love to join!  Can I play with the Void Critters machine?

Airynn:  Absolutely!  Welcome to the club.  (He's kind of shy.  Wonder if he has the Loner trait?)

And with that, all of Don's kids and Venkat's daughter were all more or less officially part of the Clan.  We'll just have to wait and see how they all age up.  Meanwhile, I've got some cake to eat!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Re: With a Twist-Teens No More Aug. 17
« Reply #131 on: August 18, 2016, 09:29:13 AM »
Whoa, Don makes a fierce trainer!
I got a little confused with the relationships: Kieran wants to make Rez (who's interested in Airynn) a pollinator while Waylon is interested in Aislyn but thinks she's interested in Rez?
Can't wait to see how that works out! Will Aislyn marry someone unrelated to Don, so she won't be related to the whole town?

Happy birthday to Aislyn and Airynn!
I love how Kieran is going around in the background, manipulating minds and hearts. Has he been removing the boys with undesirable traits?
Donnie and Harrison are the cutest! Donnie's comment about flaunting around school the selfie with Aislynn is too funny!

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #132 on: August 18, 2016, 11:40:46 AM »
You are so conscientious about Don and Venkat's kids! My pollinators' kids never have this much fun. They are probably going to try to defect to your story!
Love that Donnell is a chip off the old Don block! :)

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #133 on: August 18, 2016, 03:38:15 PM »
Awww!  Out with the old in with new.  I really enjoy the club feature from Get Together.

I've been having fun with the club uniform selection in my current Wonder Child challenge.  You have the option to set a clothing style for the club gatherings.  You get to see your sims in new outfits all the time without having to go to the mirror.  Another option is to set a color.  The sims will choose outfits with that color.  So much fun!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #134 on: August 18, 2016, 04:55:00 PM »
@ oshizu, FrancescaFiori and Catarina:  There is some unseen action going on between Don's two boys and the twins.  Aislyn, the heir, was always hanging around Rez.  Airynn had eyes for Cornelius but his traits were not that great .  Waylon liked dancing, but was kind of a standoffish guy.  I had high hopes for Eliza's son Christopher, but he aged to teen with the Hot Headed trait and Music Lover.  They didn't really fit into my plan for what I need to acquire for the house, so that kind of ruled him out.  Waylon was the geekiest looking of the four mentioned, but he had a fairly nice build and a new hair style would do wonders for him. Plus his traits, Creative, Foodie, Athletic, were decent.  Rez has good traits as well, being Lazy, Perfectionist, Geek.  These traits fit into another acquisition plan. While Aislyn was always hanging around Rez and vice versa, Waylon's Athletic trait is what caught my eye.  Just imagine another Don type in the house, but one who eschewed the pollinator job because of the bad reputation and how it hurt his mother. 

Aislyn has maxed her painting skill and since I give everybody "Mentor", she is able to mentor someone in painting.  Who better than Waylon?  Don was our family artist and mentored Aislyn.  Now Ais is mentoring his son.  Perfect!  Don was our athlete and obtained the weight machine for us.  Waylon will choose the other branch and obtain a treadmill.  Once he has that he'll quit and either go with Mixologist career, (to fill in the gap Dina will leave when she passes), or artist for a second "real" bed.  Aislyn will, of course, join the Painter career and become the resident dynasty artist.

Airynn has maxed writing and she is mentoring Rez.  Author is a good career for someone who has the Lazy trait.  A lot of "Inspired" aura items.  I had planned on Airynn becoming the family author, but it takes being a Journalist to get the bookcase.  So Airynn is the Journalist.  The question is, do they strike up a real romance and get married, or does Rez become the next pollinator leaving Airynn fed up with romance? If they got married I'd have to find another pollinator to invite into the house or just take my chances.  If they got married, would I allow them to have a child, or just have them be too busy and just let the heir produce a child, (or two)?  Also, with Air being the Journalist, what career would Rez have if any?  I can only see him either in Business Management or Tech Guru.  Either one of them could continue to write books, but Air would have to be the one with Book of Life.

Right now I'm pretty nervous because both Dina and Don have bubbling life lines and have had their second notice.  So any marriages are risky.  If there is a marriage before they pass, there is a risk Grim would show up at the wedding.  If I wait, then they would be sad and ruin a wedding anyway. (Sigh)  What would you guys suggest?

As for Donell and Harrison, I really like all of Don's kids and always have.  This time I wanted to make sure they got to hang around so they are either in the house, in A house so less chance of culling, and are all in one of the three family clubs.  They are fun at parties for sure.  I'm rather hoping Donell will take after his Dad and be a ladies man but no telling.

Catarina how do you do that with the club clothing?  I've always wanted to have club uniforms but not sure where it is done.  I already opted for the various items in the club perks area but how do you actually get the clubs to wear them?

----------
My No Buy Story

anything