Author Topic: Re: With a Twist-McCloud Kids Gotta Skill, Dec. 16  (Read 133906 times)

Offline Caterina

• Occult
Re: With a Twist-Teens No More Aug. 17
« Reply #135 on: August 18, 2016, 09:58:31 PM »
@Joria

On the bottom left of the club panel there is an option to 'Modify Club Uniforms'.  You may need to be the leader to make changes, I'm not sure. 

There are 4 different choices:
    Style (Boho, Country, Polished, Preppy, Rocker, Hipster)
         "Style will allow your Sims to choose from a variety of predetermined Styles when they start a Club Gathering."
    Color
         "Color will allow your Sims to select one article of clothing to match the selected color to when they start a Club Gathering."
    Custom
         "Set a complete outfit for your Club.  Sims will wear the chosen outfits during a Club Gathering.  You can set multiple outfits within a style, and Sims will choose between the set outfits."
    None
         "Set no specific outfits for your Club Gathering.  Sims will wear their default clothing during Club Gatherings."

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

I have only tried the first option.  I chose 'Preppy' for awhile and then switched to 'Polished'. 

The bottom two pictures are from the custom outfit selection.

Hope this helps a little.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: With a Twist-Teens No More Aug. 17
« Reply #136 on: August 19, 2016, 06:07:02 PM »
@Catarina:  Thanks so much!  That helps a lot, actually.  It's going to be fun exploring the options for their outfits.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Re: With a Twist-Teens No More Aug. 17
« Reply #137 on: August 19, 2016, 06:24:27 PM »
@Joria

I really loved reading about all the behind-the-scenes decision-making that goes on a No-Buy-Mode Immortal Dynasty (NBM ID?).
Of course, you would have a prioritized acquisition schedule where the traits of new household members become all important.

Do you mind if I ask some questions?
You mentioned that Waylon may become become an "artist for a second real bed." So once a career reward is unlocked, you cannot copy it in Build mode?

Regarding pollinators, I'd be careful using Rez as the only Gen2 pollinator; the next generation could mostly be related to your heir's child (cousins) and not spouse material.
How is "Fill empty houses" working these days? What about temporarily moving in an elder (the older the better)?
Just my uninformed questions--I really don't know how the NBM ID works so just asking.  I agree that both Waylon and Rez have really great traits!

I can't wait to read how everything works out.  ;D

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: With a Twist-New Old Man Aug. 19
« Reply #138 on: August 19, 2016, 06:41:14 PM »
No one was really prepared.  It rather snuck up on them unawares.  Still, despite having had no warning, the family gathered around to commemorate a rather momentous event.  Kieran was aging up.  No more dark, wavy hair.  No more svelte athletic body.  Wrinkles would now adorn his handsome brow and everything would be much more difficult to do, slower, a bit more painful. 

They all looked rather strange.  Liz had obviously been working hard, perhaps exercising, and it showed.  A nice, hot shower was definitely in order, but no time at the moment.  Dina appeared in a lovely straw hat, sunglasses and a swim suit.  What she had been doing was obvious as well.  Nothing like gentle exercise to hopefully keep Grim at bay.  Aislyn has suddenly taken a strong interest in athletics as well.  One has to wonder if Waylon's working out so constantly had anything to do with it.  Even Don showed up in his work out clothes.  Rez, looking handsome as usual, was doing his daily task of reading.  It was certainly better than actual work.

Thanking his family and friends for being there, Kieran approached the cake he had recently made for his work effort.  Was he shaking a wee bit?  Was he confident as he usually was?  Or was he just resigned to the inevitable?

Thinking he probably wasn't going to do it after all, some members of the clan began to slowly drift away.  He had a lot to think about before the deed was done.  A lot to be grateful for.  He knew there were others out there controlling his destiny, but this was a place and time where he could demand a moment to collect his thoughts.  All the wishes he could possibly make ran through his brain as he discarded one after the other.  Those who had stayed threw a little tentative confetti, hoping it might encourage him to continue with the task at hand.

Finally, once the family had reassembled, Kieran took a huge, deep breath and blew with all the force he could muster.  It was considered bad luck to leave even one candle burning, and he was determined to get them all with one blow.

He was expecting the lights and glitter.  He was expecting to be picked up and twirled around as if he was in a tornado.  Nothing, despite the many times he had witnessed it, prepared him for the sudden aches and stiffness he experienced.  Getting old hurt!  And this is what he would have for eternity?  Good thing he had worked out so much while still young.

Taking a deep, steadying breath, Kieran pulled on his normal cheerfulness and decided, maybe it wasn't so bad after all.  He still had all his hair, he still was pretty good looking, and with a little work and fewer tastes of cake, he might even lose his new found chubbiness.  Now there was one more thing he had to do.  The day just might hold a few more surprises for him  He finally was going to be allowed to taste his newest recipe.  Ambrosia awaited.

**********************************************************************************************

Kieran McCloud, Founder Stats
[/b]

Founder: Kieran McCloud
Traits: Foodie, Loves the Outdoors, Kleptomaniac

Spouse:  Dina Caliente
Traits: Active, Ambitious, Romantic

Helpers:  Don Lothario (pollinator par excellence, artist, Athlete career)
              Venkat Eastman (reluctant gardener possible pollinator, unemployed)
              Austin Naylor (reluctant fisherman, possible pollinator, Scientist career)

[X ] 1 Career: Culinary (Chef)  Maxed lvl10

[X ] 2 Aspirations:
1. Master Chef  (done)
2. Leader of the Pack (done)

[X ] 3 Skills: (Maxed)
1. Cooking
2. Gourmet Cooking
3. Handiness

[ X] 4  Unique Rewards:
1. Hardly Hungry
2. Stove and Grill Master
3. Potion of Youth
4. Always Welcome

[ X] 5 Gold Medal Parties: (COMPLETED)
1. Date,
2. Wedding,
3. Dinner Party
4. House Party
5. Birthday Party

[ ] 6 Good Friends(1 Unique BFF)
A. Aislyn McCloud
B.Airynn McCloud
C. Dina Caliente McCloud BFF
D. Don Lothario
E. Donnel Rosa
F.  Jessica Najera

[X ] 7 Emotional Whims: (COMPLETED)
1. Hug Someone (Happy),
2.Tell Self Deprecating Joke (Embarrassed),
3.Make A Drink (Inspired),
4.Ask on Date (Flirty)
5.Tell Unbelievable Story (Confident),
6.Take A Shower (Tense)
7. Upgrade and Object (Focused)

[X ] 8 Museum Pieces: 8 Camping Mascot Sculptures Value $12,000 Portrait by Don Lothario AND Aislyn McCloud

Author's Note:  Sorry for the short update.  We have company for the weekend so I'll do my best to post the rest.  I've got about 3 more updates to publish so keep tuned and thanks everyone for reading, posting and encouraging me to get even this far.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #139 on: August 19, 2016, 07:03:22 PM »
@oshizu :  I normally have no strategy but when you do NBID you definitely have to try to think ahead.  I started by writing out which career rewards I wanted and realized the first things should be cloning machines and ray guns.  From there it was a lot easier.

You mentioned that Waylon may become become an "artist for a second real bed." So once a career reward is unlocked, you cannot copy it in Build mode?

Yes, I suppose you could, but that isn't what I meant.  I hadn't made it clear but Aislyn is also going to be an artist and while having the fancy statue might be nice, a bed would be much more important.  Her career is the only one that would count toward her stats because Waylon is just a possible spouse.

Regarding pollinators, I'd be careful using Rez as the only Gen2 pollinator; the next generation could mostly be related to your heir's child (cousins) and not spouse material.

You're right, and I have been mulling this over.  Having pollinators at all is kind of a pain but I think my best shot would be to move in another lover like Don was.  Good ones are so few and far between!

How is "Fill empty houses" working these days? What about temporarily moving in an elder (the older the better)?

So far houses appear to be filling up.  At least in the glimpses I get when I check to see what the population is like.  Moving in an elder would be a good way to go if he is a potential pollinater but not sure if I want the headache of having to keep track.  I'm pretty picky about it.  They have to be relatively attractive and have decent traits so things like Mean, Jealous and Evil don't get passed down.  Of course they could any way but starting with someone with acceptable traits is better in my opinion.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Caterina

• Occult
Re: Re: With a Twist-New Old Man Aug. 19
« Reply #140 on: August 19, 2016, 07:16:40 PM »
What great party photos and sentiments!  I really like how you had all of the family members there.  I need to work on that.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Re: With a Twist-New Old Man Aug. 19
« Reply #141 on: August 19, 2016, 07:23:49 PM »
Yay! A huge congrats to you on your first immortal!
*pops open a cork on some Dom Perignon and helps myself to that white & black cake

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #142 on: August 19, 2016, 11:44:49 PM »
Yaaaaay! Many congratulations to Kieran, and to all the helpers who got him there.
I like his hesitation to blow out the candles. I can't blame him! It's a big step!
*blows party horn*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: With a Twist-Tastes Like Chicken Aug. 19
« Reply #143 on: August 19, 2016, 11:59:39 PM »
(clinks glasses with oshizu and FrancescaFiori, offers second slice of cake)  Thank you.  Now let's see if I can carry on.  ;)

**************************************************************************************************
Well, Watcher here we are.  Just you, me and this piece of ......well, whatever it is.  Kind of nerve wracking you know?  I mean, it wasn't really real till just now.

I'm proud of you.  You worked hard, did what you had to and here we are.  Soooo, how does it taste?

Dunno.  Kind of scared of trying it.  I mean, it's glowing.  That can't be good, right?

Wrong.  It's magic.  Magic glows.  C'mon give it a try.

Ok, here goes nuthin........Ummmm, wait.  Shouldn't I say a prayer or something?

If you like, but it's up to you.  Taste already!  I'm dying to know what it's like.

Ok, ok.  I'm doin' it.

Sooo?

Mmmrrrrphff.  At least let me swallow.

Grrrrr.  How does it taste?

Well, I've had better and I've had worse.

HOW DOES IT TASTE?

No need to yell, W.  It tastes like chicken.  (ducks as Watcher takes a swing at his head)

Really, this is a masterpiece of the culinary art.  Tangy from the herbs, a fresh appeal from the fish and fruity as well.  I'd give it a 9 on the taste score.  Look at it sitting there in all it's glowing, glory and........

I swear, if you don't eat this darned thing I'm going to find a new......

Just yanking your chain, W.  Ok, hang on a minute.  I've got to send this picture of it to the Galloping Gourmet.  It should be the cover photo of the next issue.  Oh, the boys at Chez Poisannt are gonna be so jealous of this.

Chez Poison?

No, no!  Pwa sahn.  Fish in French.  Is it ok if I feel a little strange?  Kind of tingly?  And sad?

No, it's ok.  You're just starting to realize what is really ahead of you.  Sorry, Kieran.  This dish is going to be your and your families' best friend from now on.

Well, it's actually pretty good and really, it tastes like chicken.  But then my chicken is fried to a golden brown in butter with the pan deglazed with a fine, white wine and then reduced after adding mushrooms, and followed with heavy cream to make a thick sauce.  Only thing missing is the bed of wild rice.

So, thanks up there, Watcher.  Thanks for choosing me and helping me along.  You're ok in my book.  Oh, and say thanks to all those readers out there.  Ok?

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #144 on: August 20, 2016, 12:29:07 AM »
Awww. You're welcome, Kieran! What a lovely moment.
(Chez Poison made me lol)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Re: With a Twist-Tastes Like Chicken Aug. 19
« Reply #145 on: August 20, 2016, 12:58:56 AM »
This really made me laugh and reminded me of when Sims 4 initially came out--sims would take forever to eat, taking photos of their food, changing seats, and so on.
Kieran looks really great and very youthful--will you be dyeing his hair black or keeping it grey?

Thanks for sharing Kieran's special moment with us!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #146 on: August 20, 2016, 08:30:47 PM »
Thank you both and you're welcome!  As for hair dye, not sure.  He's rockin' the grey so haven't decided. 

***********************************************************************************************

Rez:  Have I told you how beautiful you are?

Airynn:  Ummmm.  No?

Rez:  Well, you are.  And sweet, and kind, and a real trooper when it comes to mentoring this knucklehead.  I just wanted to thank you, and......well.....I really like you a lot.

Airynn:  Me?  I thought you were into my sister.

Rez:  Ais is just a good friend.  I'd like you and me to maybe, if you're willing, to be a bit more.

Airynn:  More?  Like......?

Rez:  Yeah, just like that. 

Airynn:  But what about my sister?  I thought she really cared about you.  I mean, she was always hanging around you at dances and all.

Rez:  As I said, just good friends.  Besides, I think she's got her eye on Waylon but he's too dumb to catch it.

Airynn:  Well......I do think you're awfully cute, and sweet. 

Rez:  I bought a little gift for you, just in case you might be interested.  A lovely red rose for a lovely lady.

Airynn:  For me?

Airynn:  It's beautiful!  No one has ever given me flowers before.  Thank you!

Rez:  Soooo, maybe I stand a chance with you?

Airynn:  Maybe more than maybe.

Rez: Ok.  Look, I know we live in the same house and all but can I have your number?

Airynn:  (to self:  Oh, you already have my number big boy!)  Sure, it's 503..........
(you could kiss me now.....)701........

Rez:  (Wow!  I can't believe she likes me!)  503.........(I wonder if she'd let me kiss her)........701.........

The beginning of a new romance?  Or just a fling?  What has the future got in store for our "spare"?  Let this old Watcher hear from you guys.  Should this romance blossom or wither away on the vine?  I'll be waiting to hear your thoughts.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #147 on: August 20, 2016, 08:46:08 PM »
This particular hopeless romantic votes go for it all the way! They are so sweet together, and I loved this scene between them.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Re: With a Twist-Tastes Like Chicken Aug. 19
« Reply #148 on: August 20, 2016, 09:43:31 PM »
Yes, yes, I really like Airynn and Rez together! I wonder where Rez learned those smooth moves, hehe.

Offline laurenannie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #149 on: August 20, 2016, 10:44:34 PM »
Oh please let the poor spare have some happiness! And Rez is so cute!